Main RP: The Botanic Gardens - Page 3

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Main RP: The Botanic Gardens

Blog Entries

Default Re: Main RP: The Botanic Gardens

OOC: Yesss CC got fixed
    ---
    Bill sensed that it was almost time to capture the seedling. He noticed it wobble around as if it were struggling to stand and launch the last of its seeds with the remainder of its strength directly at the Furret (attempting to maximize damage).

Just one more hit... I'd think we be good...

"Swipes, make one more Hidden Power. Make sure to keep this one a little restrained as we wanna capture Sunkern!"

Swipes got hit by an incoming bullet at the center of his chest. It barely harmed the Furret, only giving him a small moment short of breath. The Scout Pokemon absorbed the damage of another Bullet Seed and then looked towards Bill, responding to his commands.

"Fuu-Furrrrrrrrr..."

Swipes swiveled around to repeat his last Hidden Power. The energy produced a small gust that felt like slim, gentle feathers against Bill's face, who was just behind his Pokemon.

"Fire the Hidden Power into the abdomen!" Bill pointed the the brown-striped belly of the Sunkern.

Furret slung the orb of energy right at Sunkern, incinerating the Bullet Seeds that stood in the way of the Hidden Power.

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

BP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Swipes, make one more Hidden Power. Make sure to keep this one a little restrained as we wanna capture Sunkern!" Bill called.

Furret began swirling around, creating another Hidden Power orb. The Sunkern kept spitting seeds at Swipes. Obviously it thought this was the safest move. IT certainly was a fair call - as Swipes charged the attack, multiple seeds struck him.

When the attack was charged, Furret threw it underarm at the Sunkern. The sphere smacked into Sunkern, sending it spinning.

As it spun, the Sunkern's damaged sprout began glowing again. Even though its' sun-based abilities were greatly weakened, it was planning to give them a try. I guessed it was probably preparing another Synthesis.

~~~~~

Current Battle Statistics:

Jolly Male Furret: 87% (used Hidden Power(FLYING))

??? Female Sunkern: 31% (using Synthesis)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Name: Bill
    Area Effects: Sunny Day, 13 Encounters Left
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cherubi(?); ??? Sunkern(F)
    Pokemon Captured: N/A
    CC since last Encounter: 6594

Pokemon Statistics:

Jolly Male Furret[Nicknamed Swipes] 87% <out of Ball, in battle> (TM Focus Punch, TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Hidden Power(FLYING), TM Shadow Claw, TM Giga Impact, TM Facade, TM Sleep Talk, TM Return, HM Surf, MT Aqua Tail <Keen Eye Ability>)

Adamant Male Dunsparce[Nicknamed Steve] 100% (TM Headbutt, TM Thunder Wave, TM Protect, TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Gyro Ball, BM Agility>)

Lonely Genderless Shedinja[Nicknamed Devourer] 100% (TM Toxic, TM Sunny Day, TM Solarbeam, TM Protect, TM Giga Drain, TM Swagger, TM Aerial Ace, HM Cut <Wonder Guard Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x5
    Full Heal x2
    Super Potion x4
    Calming Fragrance Plus x1
    PokePlayer x1
    Castform Voice Disc x2
    Digital Camera

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Blog Entries

"Argh, its just going to keep healing! Even with a weakened body, it'll just keep regenerating! I think I'll just have to risk this!" Bill told Swipes.

Swipes nodded its head.
    "Fiii Fii Ret!"

Bill snatched a pocket-sized Park Ball, it actually had several distinctive marks on it which meant it was the much more durable Parkball, the Hyper Ball.

The pocket-sized sphere then quickly expanded into the grasp of Bill's arm.

"Sunkern, you're mine!" shouted Bill.

The Hyper Ball flings out of Bill's palm, flying directly at the Sunkern.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"Argh, its just going to keep healing! Even with a weakened body, it'll just keep regenerating! I think I'll just have to risk this!" Bill said angrily.

His Furret purred it agreement, and Bill pulled out an Ultra Ball from his pocket, which grew to his full size as he did so.

"Sunkern, you're mine!" Bill yelled as he threw the Ultra Ball. It sailed through the air and tapped the Sunkern, converting it into red light. The light was sucked into the ball, and the ball wiggled back and forth as the Sunkern fought with the capture mechanism.

Eventually, the wiggling stopped.

"Congratulations," I said as I walked over to the ball and picked it up. "You've caught a Sunkern."

I stashed the ball in my bag, and turned to look at Bill.

"Where would you like to go now?" I asked him.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cherubi(?); Brave Sunkern(F)
    Pokemon Captured: Brave Sunkern(F)
    CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Jolly Male Furret[Nicknamed Swipes] 87% <out of Ball, in battle> (TM Focus Punch, TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Hidden Power(FLYING), TM Shadow Claw, TM Giga Impact, TM Facade, TM Sleep Talk, TM Return, HM Surf, MT Aqua Tail <Keen Eye Ability>)

Adamant Male Dunsparce[Nicknamed Steve] 100% (TM Headbutt, TM Thunder Wave, TM Protect, TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Gyro Ball, BM Agility>)

Lonely Genderless Shedinja[Nicknamed Devourer] 100% (TM Toxic, TM Sunny Day, TM Solarbeam, TM Protect, TM Giga Drain, TM Swagger, TM Aerial Ace, HM Cut <Wonder Guard Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x4
    Full Heal x2
    Super Potion x4
    PokePlayer x1
    Castform Voice Disc x2
    Digital Camera

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

Blog Entries

"Hmmm, well we've gotta still scan this area for the main Pokemon I'm looking for here. Castform," responded Bill to the ranger.

"We'll have to keep looking around this greenhouse... Swipes, return!" Bill put his Furret back into his Pokeball.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Please remember all posts must be at least 500 characters in length.

~~~~~

"Hmmm, well we've gotta still scan this area for the main Pokemon I'm looking for here: Castform," Bill said as he returned Swipes to his PokeBall.

As if to remind me, the readout on his Pokeplayer changed from 4 to 3.

We kept pottering around the greenhouse, checking behind pot plants and under trestle tables. The greenhouses were strangely devoid of Pokemon - there should have been many more Pokemon around here. After a couple minutes I found out why: the ground was shaking and there were some low-pitched booms coming from outside. I didn't know what was making them, but I had an idea.

"Do you want to go investigate what's making those?" I asked Bill, knowing full well that I might have to anyway.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cherubi(?); Brave Sunkern(F)
    CC since last Encounter: 245

Pokemon Statistics:

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x4
    Full Heal x2
    Super Potion x4
    PokePlayer x1
    Castform Voice Disc x2
    Digital Camera

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

"Yeah, let's check out whats going on over here."

NBP

Ranger Chainy

Quote Originally Posted by ChainReaction01 View Post
    Please remember all posts must be at least 500 characters in length.
    ~~~~~

We exited the greenhouse through a nearby door and went in search of the thumping sounds. As we left I thought I saw some movement. I turned my head and saw something white moving, but when I narrowed my eyes I couldn't see anything.

I shrugged and followed Bill.

Around the back of the greenhouses was a small clump of trees. These trees were fruit trees of all kinds. The source of the thumping sounds was a Venusaur bashing its head repeatedly against a banana tree. It was either hungry, angry, or really weird.

"Want to try catching a Venusaur?" I asked Bill quietly in case it was the second possibility.

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: Sunny Day, 12 Encounters Left
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cherubi(?); Brave Sunkern(F); ??? Venusaur(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 295

Pokemon Statistics:

Lonely Genderless Shedinja
    [Nicknamed Devourer] 100% (TM Toxic, TM Sunny Day, TM Solarbeam, TM Protect, TM Giga Drain, TM Swagger, TM Aerial Ace, HM Cut <Wonder Guard Ability>)

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x4
    Full Heal x2
    Super Potion x4
    PokePlayer x1
    Castform Voice Disc x2
    Digital Camera

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

Bill thought if he should aim for a Venusaur.

Hmmm... a lizard-like grass type Pokemon seemed cool.

Seems pretty useful.

I think I should try and catch it, seems like a worthy catch.

Yeah I should go for it!

Keep on track, get Castform.

Get the Venusaur.

Don't go for it, you're wasting time.

"No thanks, let us keep moving along," Bill replied to Ranger Chainy softly to intentionally not disturb Venusaur.

Bill noticed how Steve the Dunsparce hasn't had any activity on this trip since he came to the island. He takes out his Great Ball with a yellow Ball Seal on it, and releases the contents. Yellow sparks fly out of the ball, dancing around before combining together to form the shape of Steve.

"Sssss.... Ssparcee...."
    Last edited by Feng; 3rd October 2010 at 04:54 AM.

NBP

Ranger Chainy

~~~~~

"No thanks, let us keep moving along," Bill said to me quietly.

I nodded, and we moved quietly back into the greenhouse. I closed the door behind us, but I didn't lock it. That was against the rules.

Bill summoned his Dunsparce, Steve, for no particular reason that I could discern. Perhaps he felt an oncoming battle. I certainly couldn't. I hadn't seen many Dunsparce before, they truly were interesting creatures. I would never guess from their appearance that they would be fearsome opponents, but one of my little brothers' favourite stories was how his Metagross got taken down by one of the little beasts. Apparently they used a battling strategy known colloquially as "haxxing". I didn't get around much in the professional battling world, but I did know that there weren't many great haxxers, but Dunsparce was one of them.

We walked through the greenhouse, keeping an eye out for any movement. It felt rather cold, but I didn't mind. I liked the cold. As we moved, Bill's Pokeplayer's screen decreased from 3 to 2.

Five minutes later, I noticed that I was sweating, and that it was rather hot.

"Something's playing games with us," I said angrily, turning around on the spot to find it. I activated the motion and heat sensors on my lens, and I was proven correct.

"Get out here you little monster," I ordered, and I heard the sound of a raspberry being blown at me. I bent down and separated a pot plant on the ground. Sitting right in the middle of it was a Castform. It poked its tongue out at me and spat some snow right in my face. I groaned, and wiped it off my face.

"What you're looking for is in there," I said to Bill, pointing at the pot plant. "Go nuts."

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: Sunny Day, 12 Encounters Left
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cherubi(?); Brave Sunkern(F); ??? Venusaur(?); ??? Castform(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 0

Pokemon Statistics:

Jolly Male Furret[Nicknamed Swipes] 87% (TM Focus Punch, TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Hidden Power(FLYING), TM Shadow Claw, TM Giga Impact, TM Facade, TM Sleep Talk, TM Return, HM Surf, MT Aqua Tail <Keen Eye Ability>)

Adamant Male Dunsparce[Nicknamed Steve] 100% <out of Ball> (TM Headbutt, TM Thunder Wave, TM Protect, TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Gyro Ball, BM Agility>)

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x4
    Full Heal x2
    Super Potion x4
    PokePlayer x1
    Castform Voice Disc x2
    Digital Camera

~~~~~
    Last edited by ChainReaction01; 10th October 2010 at 05:33 AM.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

While Bill was walking around with Steve, Ranger Chainy noticed a peculiar sound. The ranger moved a pot plant and a white puff-like cloud whooshed towards him playfully, spraying freezing moisture onto his skin.

"What you're looking for is in there," said Chainy to Bill, pointing at the pot plant. "Go nuts."

Bill didn't notice and turned towards the ranger's direction. He soon realized what was going on and his jaw dropped.

He crouched down to the ground.
    "Oh"
    He started wobbling around, arms and legs shaking.
    "My"
    He blasted into the air in a jump of celebration.
    "GOD!"

"Sparrrrceee...."

"Yea Steve, let's do this!" Bill directed his Dunsparce at the Quart-sized white fluff.

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: Castform gender please.

~~~~~

"Oh my GOD!" Bill screamed in delight, jumping around and dancing a strange wobbly dance of celebration. I took an unconscious step away from the sudden noise source. Bill's Steve also seemed pleased, but he was a bit quieter in his joy.

The Castform looked up at Bill, curious and yet not frightened in the slightest. It rose up from its place of concealment, and as it did so a brisk wind began blowing through the greenhouse, rustling the plants and frightening lots of nearby Pokemon. They squealed and ran away, some moving outside the greenhouse and the others hiding behind plants at the farthest end.

The Castform trilled with pleasure as the wind ruffled its little tail and the spike on its head. It then began charging a Thunderbolt attack. The sparks appeared all over its body, but they moved around and began coalescing into a ball in front of its body. Steve moved in front of Bill, ready to battle.

~~~~~

Adamant Male Dunsparce: 100%

??? ??? Castform: 100%, Tailwind (using Thunderbolt)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: Sunny Day, 11 Encounters Left
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Cherubi(?); Brave Sunkern(F); ??? Venusaur(?); ??? Castform(?)
    CC since last Encounter: 690

Pokemon Statistics:

Jolly Male Furret[Nicknamed Swipes] 87% (TM Focus Punch, TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Hidden Power(FLYING), TM Shadow Claw, TM Giga Impact, TM Facade, TM Sleep Talk, TM Return, HM Surf, MT Aqua Tail <Keen Eye Ability>)

Adamant Male Dunsparce
    [Nicknamed Steve] 100% <out of Ball, in battle> (TM Headbutt, TM Thunder Wave, TM Protect, TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Gyro Ball, BM Agility>)

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x4
    Full Heal x2
    Super Potion x4
    PokePlayer x1
    Castform Voice Disc x2
    Digital Camera

~~~~~
    Last edited by ChainReaction01; 10th October 2010 at 06:14 AM.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

OOC: Male, also... wtf how is there wind inside a greenhouse?
    ---
    Bill's trance over his discovery soon phased out as he noticed that the Castform was starting to prepare a deadly ball of static volts by rubbing its cloud-like body together.

"I don't think we'd handle that Thunderbolt that well Steve! Let's halt it with Protect!" ordered Bill towards his Dunsparce.

Steve nodded, "Ssssparce!"

Its eyes began glowing as it formed a sphere-shaped barrier surrounding its fluttering body. The little streams of light that matched its eye-glow swirled around the circumference of the barrier.

"Chainy, do you have any recommendations on how to weaken Castforms?" Bill swiftly checked with the ranger, while he was multitasking orders towards Dunsparce and looking through his Trainer Handbooks.

BP

Ranger Chainy

OOC: It used Tailwind before powering up the Thunderbolt. If you mean how is it physically possible, I dunno. It blew open a door or something.

~~~~~

"I don't think we'd handle that Thunderbolt that well Steve! Let's halt it with Protect!" Bill called out to his Dunsparce. Said Dunsparce hissed his agreement and a glowing spherical shield swirled into existence, emanating from his eyes. when the shield was done, it fully contained the Dunsparce, shielding from any attack imaginable.

"Chainy, do you have any recommendations on how to weaken Castforms?" Bill asked me. As he did so, he was flipping through a few books he had brought with him. Advising a Trainer wasn't technically against the rules, so I could answer him.

"Well, I don't know your battling style," I started, "but personally I'd just try to get as much damage in as possible, keeping flexible so I can respond to the Castform's form changes. Maybe you could lure it into a form that works well for you: for example, repeated hits with, say, Gyro Ball, might have it change to Fire form, and then you could hit it with a water attack or something."

Bill's team was good and also bad at fighting Castform at the same time. While his Furret and Dunsparce weren't in any serious danger, they couldn't get any massive damage in on the Weather Pokemon. And Castform's flexibility might prove to be Bill's undoing. Furthermore, if there was one thing I knew for certain, it was that Bill's Shedinja would be next to useless.

The lance of lightning smashed into Steve's protective barrier, but couldn't find a way through. The sparks dissipated along with the Protect. The Castform seemed a little irritated, and poked its tongue out at Steve, trying to goad it into action.

~~~~~

Adamant Male Dunsparce: 100% (used Protect)

??? ??? Castform: 100%, Tailwind (used Thunderbolt)

~~~~~

Trainer Statistics:

Area Effects: Sunny Day, 11 Encounters Left
    CC since last Encounter:1421

Pokemon Statistics:

Adamant Male Dunsparce[Nicknamed Steve] 100% <out of Ball, in battle> (TM Headbutt, TM Thunder Wave, TM Protect, TM Substitute, TM Protect, TM Gyro Ball, BM Agility>)

Item Statistics:

Hyper Ball x4
    Full Heal x2
    Super Potion x4
    PokePlayer x1
    Castform Voice Disc x2
    Digital Camera

~~~~~
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

OOC: Oh lol, didn't see the Tailwind part.. ^^'
    ===
    "Hmmm alright, I guess it could possibly change the weather conditions to a type advantage," replied Bill. "I'll think about working my way into weakening that Castform..."

After Steve dissipated the ball of lightning, Castform got annoyed and teased the Dunsparce by blowing a raspberry. The Dunsparce's brow muscles showed that it was furious at the Castform.

"Hey Steve! How about lets use Thunder Wave on that Castform? Then, it can't get the speed advantage of Tailwind!" Bill told his Pokemon.

Steve nodded in agreement and opened its mouth, generating a vicious flare of purple static... preparing to launch it directly at the "pestering" Castform.

While his Dunsparce was preparing to paralyze the target Pokemon, Bill prepared a strategy in his head:

Alright, by using Gyro Ball on Castform... it will probably manipulate the sun's intensity becoming a Fire-type. After becoming Fire-type, Steve could hit it hard with an Ancientpower! Seems like a flawless plan!
    ---
    OOC: Hold on a sec... isn't Castform suppose to already be Fire type in the Sunny Day environment?
    Last edited by Feng; 16th October 2010 at 04:11 AM.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast