Thread: Main RP: The Botanic Gardens

Default Re: Main RP: The Botanic Gardens

@Zolar
    Ranger: Gaius Tyrannius
    Trainer: Hallas
    Area: Botanical Gardens
    NBP #1
    /--\

“So it seems,” Hallas responded, reaching for his belt where his empty Parkball were located. “Monbrey, back off and be ready for anything. Time to come home Minccino!”

He took careful aim at the tired Normal Pokemon and flung the ball at it. The Minccino saw it coming, but was too tired to bat it away. The result was that it was sucked inside the capture device. The ball fell to the ground with a soft thud and began to wiggle. After a couple of rocking motions it stayed still and sounded off with the capture noise.

“Congrats,” I said to Hallas, walking over and taking the Pokemon. I dropped it in my bag and turned to Hallas. “Take this opportunity to rest or do whatever you want before we move on.”

//--\\

Battle Stats

Infernape 71.06%[-1Atk][+1Def-SpcAtk-SpcDef]
    VS
    Minccino 2%{+1Eva]

Rain - 2

Trainer Info

Name: Hallas
    Trainer Items: Park Ball x3; Super Ball x4; Hyper Ball x3; Pokedoll; Energy Root x3; Soothing Fragrance Plus x4.
    Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining | Rainy
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Exeggute ??? | ??? Combee ??? | F Minccino ???
    Pokemon Captured: F Minccino Brave |
    CC since last encounter: 0,000 | 0,000

Pokemon Stats:
    Jolly | Male | Sceptile @ Overgrown w/ EMs: None | 100%

Hasty | Male | Infernape @ Blaze w/ EMs: Bulk Up, Substitute, Hidden Power [Steel], Thunder Punch, Encore, Grass Knot | 71.06%

Mild | Male | Flygon @ Hyper Cutter w/ EMs: None | 100%

Careful | Male | Electivire @ Motor Drive w/ EMs: None | 100%

League of Legends SN: ATF Crysis

The Parkball hurtled towards the small creature and struck the small Pokemon. It seemed to be aware of it, but did nothing to avoid it. A dazzling red light absorbed the Minccino and the ball fell to the ground. The capture device wiggled once. Twice. Thrice. A loud 'ping' sounded from it and I knew it was a successful capture.

“Congrats,” My ranger says to me as he grabs the Parkball and drops it into his bag, “Take this opportunity to rest or do whatever you want before we move on.”

"I think we are all set already. Good job, Monbrey. Take a nice rest," I say holding a Pokeball marked with the letter 'M' surrounded by fire. The fire ape is turned into a bright red light and then disappears into the blood-red sphere. "On that note, let's continue shall we?"

@AmericanTreeFrog;
    Last edited by Zolar; 17th May 2012 at 07:37 AM.

[22:18] [URPG Chat]: (commanderbadass1) How dare mell fuck his hoe every night

@Zolar
    NBP #2
    /--\

“I think we are all set already,” Hallas responded immediately. “Good job, Monbrey. Take a rest,” he said, turning to his Pokemon and recalling it. “On that note, let’s continue shall we?”

“I’m always ready to get moving,” I said. “I have a good feeling about this run.”

With everything ready we started to get a move on once more. We were in the heavily wooded area of the Gardens, and that was fine by me, but it was my experience that the more popular Pokemon tended to stick near the fruit gardens or the grass plains. I was leading Hallas towards the plains when I thought I saw some movement by a bush.

I stopped and move forward, trying to determine if it was a Pokemon trying to hide or just a bush rustling in the wind. Once I got closer I realized it was a small Pokemon hiding in a bush. I saw the spots and knew what it was immediately.

“A Shroomish is over there. They are a great Pokemon once they evolve into Breloom. You want it?”

//--\\

Trainer Info

Trainer Items: Park Ball x3; Super Ball x4; Hyper Ball x3; Pokedoll; Energy Root x3; Soothing Fragrance Plus x4.
    Area Effects: 11 Encounters Remaining | Rainy
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Exeggute ??? | ??? Combee ??? | F Minccino ??? | ??? Shroomish ???
    CC since last encounter: 0,765 | 9,000

Pokemon Stats:

Hasty | Male | Infernape @ Blaze w/ EMs: Bulk Up, Substitute, Hidden Power [Steel], Thunder Punch, Encore, Grass Knot | 71.06%

“I’m always ready to get moving. I have a good feeling about this run.” My ranger spoke to me. With that said, we went on the move again.

The scenery transitioned into a thick wooded area. We were headed down what seems to be a well used path. Suddenly, my ranger stops and stares at a bush. It was shaking, no doubt, but it was hard to tell if it was a Pokemon or just the wind. As we observed more, I saw a small green body appear out of the brush. The ranger moved forward to observe it up close.

“A Shroomish is over there. They are a great Pokemon once they evolve into Breloom. You want it?” He said walking back towards me.

"Nah," I reply after a moment of thinking. "Breloom is really good, but I don't need one right now. Let's keep moving, if need be I can just give it a Pokedoll and we can be on our way."

@AmericanTreeFrog;

@Zolar
    NBP #3
    /--\

“Nah, Breloom is really good, but I don’t need one right now. Let’s keep moving, if need be I can just give it a Pokedoll and we can be on our way.”

His response really surprised me. Breloom was a really good Pokemon to have for a bunch of reasons. Most people who ran into a Shroomish either caught it if they didn’t have it, or caught it anyway and traded it because it was in such high demand. Just recently I had done the same with a Horsea, I got the Horsea and traded away a Zorua. Some Pokemon could fetch high prices on the market.

It was his choice though. “Come on then, I don’t think it wants to bother us anyway. I’m sure if we just walk past it will leave us alone.”

Sure enough, I walked past the Grass type and it didn’t even stir. It was either sleeping or just wasn’t interested, either way, that was a good thing for Hallas since he didn't’ want one in the first place.

We had only just passed the Shroomish when a long Pokemon darted across out path and scurried up a tree. The brown rings around its sleek body told me that the Pokemon was a Linoone, a relative common and weak species. It did have the advantage of good speed and knowing Belly Drum, but most trainer didn’t want one.

“You want to go after that Pokemon?” I asked the trainer.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 12 Encounters Remaining | Rainy
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Exeggute ??? | ??? Combee ??? | F Minccino ??? | ??? Shroomish ??? | ??? Linoone ??? |
    CC since last encounter: 0,00 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:

My ranger's reaction to my decision was something of complete shock. “Come on then, I don’t think it wants to bother us anyway. I’m sure if we just walk past it will leave us alone.”

He was completely right as we walked right past the small, arm-less Pokemon, continuing down the same path. It must have been sleeping or just ignored us. After what seemed like five steps a lean, brown-and-creme Pokemon dashes in front of us and stares at us. The recognizable brown rings identified it as a Linoone.

“You want to go after that Pokemon?” My ranger questions me.

"No, it's not really my type of Pokemon. Let's just leave it alone and if it won't let us, I can just use a Pokedoll."

@AmericanTreeFrog;

@Zolar
    NBP #4
    /--\

“No, it’s not really my type of Pokemon. Let’s leave it alone and if it won’t let us, I can just use a Pokedoll,” Hallas replied, checking out the small Linoone, who was peering at us from its perch in the tree.

I pointed at the Linoone and made a ‘shooing’ noise, pointing away from us. The Pokemon clearly understood me because it looked where I was pointing. It must have not wanted to leave because it slowly climbed down the tree and started to edge closer to us.

I sighed in defeat and turned to Hallas. “You’re going to have to pass over some money if you want to continue on.”

Hallas nodded glumly and gave me some cash for the Pokedoll. I pocketed the amount and placed a Pokedoll in front of the Linoone, who was immediately enthralled by the doll, as all Pokemon often were.

It took the doll and ran back up the tree to enjoy its prize. With the little Pokemon out of our way we could carry on. So far Hallas had only caught a single Pokemon, I was hoping to change that very soon to make the run worth his money.

We had only gone a short distance when I spotted a large brown rabbits hopping energetically among some trees. It was a Lopunny, not a bad Pokemon to have, but not high on many people’s to capture list. I personally was looking to get one for its high speed, ability, and Switcheroo move. It made for some really good combos in battle.

“You want to try for a Lopunny,” I questioned Hallas.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 7 Encounters Remaining | Rainy
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Exeggute ??? | ??? Combee ??? | F Minccino ??? | ??? Shroomish ??? | ??? Linoone ??? | ??? Lopunny ??? |
    CC since last encounter: 0,00 | 25,000

Pokemon Stats:

My ranger pointed and the Linoone and made a loud 'shooing' sound. When that seemed hopeless, my ranger turned to me and said, “You’re going to have to pass over some money if you want to continue on.” I had to hand over the necessary funds to purchase a Pokedoll from him. The exchange was made and the ranger tossed the small, pink, Clefairy doll towards the small ferret-like Pokemon. It wasted no time to grab it and run off.

We continued down the trail and found ourselves near a brown, rabbit/human-like Pokemon. It was obviously a Lopunny. It looked at me and I looked back. Somewhere to my side, I heard my ranger ask me, “You want to try for a Lopunny?”

I shake my head, "No, its a really useful Pokemon, but I don't think I would ever use it. Let's just continue on and if it won't let us, I can just buy another Pokedoll."

@AmericanTreeFrog;

OCC: $12,000 - $500 = $11,500

@Zolar
    NBP #5
    /--\

Hallas denied wanting the Lopunny. “No, it’s a really useful Pokemon, but I don’t think I would ever use it. Let’s just continue on and if it won’t let us, I can just buy a Pokedoll.”

I had taken multiple people through the Gardens already and all my trainer had run into either a Buneary or Lopunny, but so far nobody had caught the Pokemon. While Lopunny wasn’t a powerhouse among Normal types or other types, it did learn some really nifty moves. I knew that if it was me I probably would have caught one, but that was just me.

“We can do that,” I agreed, back to my objective ranger mode. “Let’s see if it passes by and leaves us be.”

Sure enough the rabbit continued with what it was doing and quickly disappeared among some foliage. I was about to start forward when I heard a rustling in a tree directly next to us. I looked to it and spotted a pair of eyes starting at us. A rounded-brown head with a band of coloring around its eyes told me that it was a Nuzleaf. I pointed it out to Hallas and gave him a questioning look.

//--\\

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 6 Encounters Remaining | Rainy
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Exeggute ??? | ??? Combee ??? | F Minccino ??? | ??? Shroomish ??? | ??? Linoone ??? | ??? Lopunny ??? | ??? Nuzleaf ???
    CC since last encounter: 0,00 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:

“We can do that,” My ranger replied to me not wanting the large-humanoid rabbit. “Let’s see if it passes by and leaves us be.”

As if the ranger could see the future, the Lopunny went on doing whatever Lopunnies liked to do and disappeared into some bushes. We attempted to kept on walking down the same path as before, but we encountered the next Pokemon on my journey through the Botanic Gardens a little sooner than expected. The ranger pointed towards a tree and I saw nothing. I squinted my eyes and I could make out a pair of eyes. A small, spherical, brown head appeared around them. I had to rack my memory to remember what this was.

Then it hit me, a Nuzleaf. Sure it or its evolved forms weren't the strongest, but there was a use for it. I look at my ranger and nod. This one I am going after. I grab a Pokeball off my belt which had a few different colored leaves on it and tossed it around in my hand.

A good battle always starts with a good tactic. If I were to send Sabre out just in front of the Nuzleaf, that would give it the edge and allow it to attack the Sceptile directly. My last battle with the Minccino went smoothly because of my planning. Monbrey was easily able to weaken it enough for me to get the capture. Sabre knows X-Scissor which is a great move against something like a Nuzleaf because of the double weakness to it. Would the full on offensive style of battle work here? Or should I try to stall it? All I know is that Sabre is my best hope.

I pulled out my Pokedex to get that little extra information about the Pokemon. I pointed it towards the Nuzleaf and the Pokedex began to recall all information about the small creature. Nuzleaf the Wily Pokémon. Nuzleaf have the ability to use leaves as a form of sound, reminiscent of a flute, that can confuse people and Pokémon, as well as comfort them. Nuzleaf are skilled in climbing trees. When in the wild, Nuzleaf tend to be pranksters, playing tricks on any Trainer or Pokémon who pass by their turf. Nuzleaf dislikes having its long nose pinched, and loses power if it is gripped for its nose is its weak point. Nuzleaf, dwelling in forests, is skilled at climbing trees. Due to the Grass/Dark typing of Nuzleaf, it is very weak to Bug type moves.

I kept passing the sphere back and forth between my hands conjuring up a plan for the battle at hand. It shouldn't have been that hard, but I really didn't want to mess this one up. I devised a simple plan that might help, but there would be no sure way to tell unless I try it out.

"Come out out Sabre," I said whipping the sphere into an opening of grass around the treeline, "I don't really know if this will work, but hit the Nuzleaf with a Screech and try to make it come out of the trees to fight. The when it makes its way out of there use an X-Scissor to try to hit it on the nose. Like the Pokedex said, its nose is its weak point."

The Pokeball exploded and out came out a large, green lizard. With a leaf-like tail and yellow bulbs on its tail, Sabre was quite the interesting Pokemon. It was said that the leaves on Sceptile's arms are strong enough to cut through trees, that would help quite a bit with this battle. Sabre changed its footing a bit while he got ready to release his Screech attack.

I just prayed that this battle would go as smoothly as the last one and I would end up capturing the Nuzleaf. Monbrey did such a great job last time with Minccino, now it is Sabre's turn to show off what he can do. The whole battle was planned out in my head, but you can never guess what a wild Pokemon will do.

@AmericanTreeFrog;

@Zolar - Gender
    BP #1
    /--\

At first I thought Hallas wasn’t going to catch the Nuzleaf, but then he gave me a nod, pulled out a Pokedex, pointed at Nuzleaf, and hit the button. Immediately the Pokedex started to spew out a bunch of information. Hallas listened attentively to the information and seemed to make up his mind on what he wanted to do next.

He reached to his belt and pulled out a Pokedoll. “Come out, Sabre,” he commanded his Pokemon, throwing the red and where sphere at an open plot of ground. “I don't really know if this will work, but hit the Nuzleaf with a Screech and try to make it come out of the trees to fight. Then, when it makes its way out of there, use an X-Scissor to try to hit it on the nose, Like the Pokedex said, its nose is its weak point.”

Sceptile gave its owner a nod and turned to the tree. It looked up a the glaring Sneasal and opened its mouth wide. Immediately a sharp noise started to emit from his mouth. The sound was directed at Nuzleaf, but it wasn’t exactly something a Pokemon could control one hundred percent. It was only a slight stinging sound, but I knew that it would be much more than that for the Nuzleaf.

The Screech never reached the tree because a stream of Dark energy suddenly sprouted from the tree and me the Screech in the open before it could reach the tree. Some of the energy dissipated from the sound, but much of it barreled past to strike Sceptile. The Screech faded away completely as Sceptile was struck by the Dark Pulse.

The earthly-brown Nuzleaf jumped from the tree a moment later and landed at the bottom of the tree facing the Sceptile. The Sceptile quickly recovered from the small damage inflicted by the Dark Pulse and charged Nuzleaf, the leaf-blades on his arms glowing a sickly green.

The Nuzleaf didn’t have time to dodge so it hunched lower to the ground and crossed his small arms in front of his body like a shield. It’s body flashed white for a brief moment just before Sceptile struck it. The attack pushed Nuzleaf back a few inches, but the Pokemon stood its ground and pushed back. Sceptile jumped back after delivering the blow and waited for his master’s next command.

Nuzleaf uncrossed his arms and checked for damage. It had lost a good chunk, but it was in no way out of the fight. It turned its attention to Sceptile and awaited the next exchange of attacks.

//--\\

[u]Battle Stats[/i]

Sceptile 88.95%{Used Screech | X-Scissors}
    VS
    Nuzleaf 63.95%[+1Def]{Used Dark Pulse | Harden}

Trainer Info

Area Effects: 5 Encounters Remaining | Rainy
    Pokemon Encountered: ??? Exeggute ??? | ??? Combee ??? | F Minccino ??? | ??? Shroomish ??? | ??? Linoone ??? | ??? Lopunny ??? | ??? Nuzleaf ???
    CC since last encounter: 3,553 | 15,000

Pokemon Stats:

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122