Main RP: The Abandoned Power Plant - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Main RP: The Abandoned Power Plant

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

Default Re: Main RP: The Abandoned Power Plant

Dual rode out the earthquake in his Protect mode. The concussive force of Torterra's attack smashed the Elekid and the Ditto (which had now fully returned to its natural form) into the wall. They fell to the ground and lost conciousness. Unfortunately for us, that meant we couldn't attempt to capture them. It didn't really bother me, but I felt a bit sad for my partner. It seemed like he really wanted that Ditto. Oh well, he could always buy one somewhere, they were fairly common. What really bothered me was how Dual had taken lots of damage for essentially no reason whatsoever.

Our Ranger walked over and fed a Revive to each Pokemon. Trainers weren't allowed Revives for some arbitrary reason, but Rangers could use them to revive fainted Wilds. Even if they did, though, we couldn't continue to battle them with the intent to capture.

Both Pokemon were revived and they moved away down a small side passage.

“Well, at least you have some experience right?” the Ranger asked us.

I grumbled something that didn't bear repeating. I was ready to move out, though. I was here for one of three Pokemon families, and I hoped I would run across one here.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

Trust me, I'm the Doctor. rockman0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Ranger had immediately taken the necessary steps to prevent the building from collapsing. He had called on one of his Pokemon to use Protect and keep the building from sustaining any damage.

The two Pokemon that we were battling, however, were not as fortunate. They had been knocked unconscious by the attack. I had been absolutely sure that Ditto would at least survive the attack. They had taken on extra defense, and the attack was weaker since two Pokemon were targeted, but as luck would have it, things did not work that way.

"Aww, Torterra, you put too much force behind that attack," I said so that only my Pokemon could hear.

The giant land turtle looked at me with a sorrowful look on his face. It was pretty easy to crush Torterra's feelings, so I had to watch what I said to him.

"It's okay," I said, taking back my last statement. "You were great."

Torterra let out a sigh of relief. I recalled the Pokemon and put the Pokeball back into my bag. I turned to Luxray and gave her a Full Heal to help her recover from the paralysis that she had suffered.

Our ranger had decided to help the two Pokemon by giving them Revives. The two Pokemon instantly recovered and ran away from us. The Ranger then informed us that we wouldn't be able to capture them, something that I was quite familiar with. I hadn't really wanted to faint them. I was hoping they would hang in there.

"Well, at least you have some experience, right?" The ranger turned and said to us. My partner grumbled something under his breath. I started to ask what he was saying, but later decided against it.

"Well, there's nothing of interest left here," I said. "I suppose we should move on."
    Last edited by rockman0; 7th October 2010 at 12:52 AM.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun
    When a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies.
    Night will fall and the dark will rise
    Demons run, but count the loss.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

Well, I can tell you somewhere that I'm not

NBP Team RP

“Guess so.”

I grabbed up my stuff and led the trainers to the end of the hall where we met a door. I creaked open the door and grimaced. Crap. I turned to face my trainers.

“It looks like we’ll have to use the flashlights from here on out.”

The trainers looked equally displeased. After they had removed their lights from their packs, I opened the door and we continued into a wider dorridor with complex machinery littering the sides, like a hospital wing almost. I was a little concerned. This part of the plant still had running power, and the fact that it didn’t now concerned me.

Suddenly, I heard a crash in the distance like something being thrown a cross a room and froze. I looked back at the trainers and saw that their faces were curious but determined, they could deal.

“C’mon,” I said to both the trainers and Empress. We ran down the hallway towards the now continuing noises getting mysteriously closer to the power grid control for this section of the plant.

When we turned the final corner we didn’t need our flashlights anymore. The hallway was lit up by bright flashes of electricity. An Electivire had its 2 probes stuck in the panel that had been pried open and was draining electricity for a Luxio which was zapping things with its overcharged tail.

I looked back at the trainers and shrugged, before looking right back at the two Pokemon. Luxio paused and stared at Dee, while the Electivire stayed back, quietly eyeing Chainy.

~~~
    Team RP: Abandoned Power Plant

Area Effects: None
    Encounters Remaining: 12
    Pokemon Encountered: Magnemite-Magneton, Elekid-Ditto, Luxio-Electivire.

~~~

Trainer Stats:

Name: Dee C.
    Total Items: Hyper Ball x2; Super Ball x5; Full Heal x3; Calming Frangrance Plus x2; Digital Camera; Super Potion x5, Pokedoll x2

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Luxray
    Nickname: N/A
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Modest
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM24 Thunderbolt; TM50 Substitute; HM04 Strength; Fire Fang; Ice Fang

Pokemon: Umbreon
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Jolly
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM29 Psychic; TM50 Substitute

Pokemon: Torterra
    Ability: Overgrow
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM129 Stealth Rock; HM04 Strength

Pokemon: Dragonite
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Bashful
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM50 Substitute; HM04 Strength

Name: Jathan Einherjar
    Items: 5x ParkBall; 2x SuperBall; 5x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 10x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Black Aura Reader; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Gallade
    Nickname: Dual
    Ability: Steadfast
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Cut; TM Earthqauke; TM Brick Break; TM Bulk Up; Confuse Ray; Fire Punch, Ice Punch; Pain Split; Shadow Sneak

Pokemon: Swampert
    Nickname: Smash
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Lonely
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Surf; TM Stone Edge; Curse

Pokemon: Dusknoir
    Nickname: Specialle
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Sassy
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Earthquake; Pain Split

"Guess so," the Ranger said. He gathered up his items and led us to the end of the hall. I returned Dual to his Poke Ball - he wasn't too healthy, and I didn't want him tiring himself out. The Ranger gently opened the door and cursed quietly. He turned back to look at us.

"It looks like we're going to use the flashlights from here on out," he said. I was going to say something about Dual carrying Flash, but I decided to keep quiet. I didn't really want him exerting the effort to produce a continuing flash anyway.

My partner and I turned on our torches and me moved down the dark hallway. Pieces of furniture and machinery littered the sides and occasionally were grouped into piles in the middle of the path. Out of the middle of nowhere, we heard a crashing sound. It sounded like something being thrown against a wall.

The Ranger motioned us both forward, and we moved around a corner in the hallway. I was shocked by what I saw. An Electivire was sucking energy from the grid, passing it to a Luxio who was zapping random objects with an insane amount of electrical power. In my peripheral vision, I saw our Ranger step back, silently asking us if we wanted to battle. The Electivire looked up at us, and focused in on me.

"No way," I said emphatically, "I'm not taking on an Electivire. I mean, Dual would love the challenge, but it's not going to happen."

I waited for my partner's decision, but I doubted he would try to catch the Luxio - after all, he already had a Luxray. Besides, I REALLY didn't want to battle this Electivire. I pulled my camera out of my bag and prepared to take a picture of the Electivire - it would scare the Pokemon off and I could sell the result when I left to help pay for my Park ticket.
    Last edited by ChainReaction01; 30th October 2010 at 08:49 PM.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

Blog Entries

The ranger gathered up his belonging and led us further down the path. I could hear him curse under his breath when he opened a door that we had walked upon.

“It looks like we’ll have to use the flashlights from here on out,” he said as he pulled out his own flashlight. I followed his and my partner’s lead and pulled out my flashlight, turning it on.

We walked into the room, where there was all sorts of complicated machines and gadgetry. I was all too aware of these devices, as they were responsible with maintaining what little power the Plant managed to produce, and I had even been tasked with making sure they were working properly from time to time.

Suddenly, there was a big boom that caused our ranger to freeze in his tracks. I stepped also, wondering what was going on. Either one of the machines had exploded, or we weren’t alone in this dark room. A few seconds later, our rangers started moving again and motioned for us to follow.

We ran out of the room and around the corner, and suddenly, there wasn’t any more need of a flashlight. I turned my off, and looked up to realize what exactly was going on. An Electivire and a Luxio were messing with the panel that controlled the power grid. Its two electric probes were stuck in the panel, and it was absorbing the electricity. It rerouted its electricity that it store back to Luxio, who was shocking everything with violent beams of energy.

Being the electric Pokémon fanatic that I am, I was pretty amazed by all of the power. The Electivire stopped what he was doing and approached my partner. Meanwhile, the Luxio approached me, or rather, approached my Luxray. The ranger looked back at us and shrugged. I knew that he was confirming whether or not we wanted to battle the two Pokémon.

"No way," my partner trainer said. "I'm not taking on an Electivire. I mean, Dual would love the challenge, but it's not going to happen."

“I’m not interested either,” I said as I bent down to stroke the Luxio’s fur. “Besides, I’ve already got Luxray, and I don’t think she would like the competition.”

I stood back up. Since my partner also didn’t want the Electivire, I assumed we could go on. Hopefully, the two Pokémon wouldn’t pursue us any further.

Blog Entries

NBP:

"Hello," I called out. I paused for a moment, listening to my voice echo around the abandoned plant. "Strange," I muttered, peering through the darkness, expecting a reply. The eery quiet continued for some time. "They should be around here... Aha!" I said as my hands brushed across one of the many light switches that littered the wall. I pressed it down softly and awaited. A few seconds later, dim neon lights above flickered into existence, illuminating the small room.

"Well, I have just passed the control room, so, the the pair should be around here somewhere," I said, consoling the map. "It appears they are right through this wall... Oh," I smiled seeing the false, antique book shelf. I ran my hand along the dusty shelves until my hand felt something hard. I leaned in on it and the floor below me began to move. The wall spun around slowly, gradually bringing me to the other side. When I got around I noticed two trainers standing, smiling at my spectacular entrance.

"Hello," I said. "My name's Jay and I'll be your range-" I was cut across by a high-pitched yapping noises. I spun around to see two furry, blue puppies charging forward. "Well looks like we have our first encounters already," I said, indicating towards the two Shinx. "Either of you interested?"

~~~

Encounters Remaining: 11
    Pokemon Encountered: Magnemite-Magneton, Elekid-Ditto, Luxio-Electivire. Shinx-Shinx
    Pokemon Captured: N/A
    CC since last encounter: N/A

~~~

Trainer Stats:

Total Items: Hyper Ball x2; Super Ball x5; Full Heal x3; Calming Frangrance Plus x2; Digital Camera; Super Potion x5, Pokedoll x2

Pokemon Stats:

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM24 Thunderbolt; TM50 Substitute; HM04 Strength; Fire Fang; Ice Fang

Items: 5x ParkBall; 2x SuperBall; 5x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 10x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Black Aura Reader; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera

Pokemon Stats:

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Cut; TM Earthqauke; TM Brick Break; TM Bulk Up; Confuse Ray; Fire Punch, Ice Punch; Pain Split; Shadow Sneak

My partner and I had carefully backed out of the room containing the Electivire and the Luxio after I had snapped a quick photo. I heard a grinding sound and I turned around to see a rotating wall mysteriously spinning. Furthermore, there was another Ranger on the platform, smiling at us as he came into view. I grinned at the sight - I never would have expected there to be a haunted-house-style trap in a Power Plant. Our current Ranger nodded at the new one and disappeared down the way we had come as our new Ranger walked over to us.

"Hello," I said. "My name's Jay and I'll be your range-" Jay started, but he was soon interrupted by some barking noises. Two little Shinx ran towards us, apparently curious. "Well, looks like we have our first encounters already. Either of you interested?" Jay asked.

"No thanks," I said as I shook my head. "I already have a baby Shinx back at home." I was also fairly sure that my partner wouldn't be interested, considering he already had a Luxray. Hopefully, if he wasn't interested, we could move on without the two little Shinx getting in our way. I really wanted to find a Porygon or a Rotom.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

After we had successfully escaped from Electivire and Luxio, our ranger went silent for a while. I wondered what he was thinking of. I leaned against a nearby wall and waited for the ranger to start moving again. Suddenly, much to my surprise, the wall that I was leaning on started to move. I jumped up quickly to prevent myself from falling. A new ranger slowly came into view.

I blinked as I watched the wall spin to reveal an old antique bookshelf. I hadn’t expected anything like that. IN all of my time ranging at the park, I’d never seen an old bookshelf that served as a secret entrance. I wondered what was on the other side. I snapped back to my senses and turned towards the new ranger who spoke to me and my partner. Then, after nodding at the new ranger, Jake silently turned around and left the room. I was sure that he was busy and therefore, had to leave.

The ranger spoke and started to introduce himself when he was cut off by the sight of two baby Shinx who approached us. The two Pokémon were playing together. The new ranger (his name was Jay) pointed at the two baby Pokémon and asked us if we’d like to battle. My partner had declined the battle. I was also planning to leave the Pokémon as they were.

“No thanks,” I said to the ranger immediately after my partner had spoken. “I already have Luxray. There’s no need for two of the same species.”

Blog Entries

NBP:

The two trainers didn't seem very interested in the cuddly Shinx. But, that was all right there were plenty more interesting Pokemon to encounter here. "Well, let's head off," I said, scooping up my navy bak pack. The three of us walked past the barking Shinx, ignorant to their please for attention, and walked straight out of the door into one of the more brightly lit areas here. Glaring flourescent lights shone down on us from above giving me ample time to check my trusty ranger map. I spared a glance at the map pondering where to go. I generally didn't seek the trainers opinion on where to go as they were often inexperienced and preferred for me to take the lead.

"Aha!" I smiled, as I saw a really interesting place close by. It was in the oldest part of the plant and it was littered with Pokemon that preferred the darker, quieter areas. Some of the sections around there were closed off to the public from hazardous chemicalspills and gas leaks. Although it sure did attract Poison types. I started strolling leisurely as we walked the short distance. The narrow corridor branched out into two different paths. One path twisted and lead to a large open area that was a great location for Pokemon. The other path lead to a place that had been over run with toxins and I was forbidden to bring my trainers there. It was a clear choice as to where we would go.

We walked through the twisting corridors in silence for a few minutes until the path grew wider and we were all able to walk beside each other. Then the path stopped abruptly at a large, stainless steel door. I pressed my hand against it causing a Zubat above to drop down from it's nesting place with shock. It landed on a small, bumpy purple ball below that jumped to life and floate above. The Zubat fluttered a little higher as it stared at the three of us. The Koffing turned around revealing a dopey smile just above a sealed mouth and a White skull and crossbones pattern. A puff of gas poured out of it as it eyed us, possibly angry for disturbing it from it's slumber.

"Well, interested in these two?"

~~~

Encounters Remaining: 10
    Pokemon Encountered: Magnemite-Magneton, Elekid-Ditto, Luxio-Electivire. Shinx-Shinx, Zubat (Chain)- Koffing (TLM)
    CC since last encounter: N/A

~~~

Trainer Stats:

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon Stats:

Blog Entries

We walked past the two Shinx and continued down the corridor. The two Pokémon continued to bark and hop around in an attention to get our attention; however, they failed at being able to do so. We continued to walk, showing no interest in battling the two Pokémon. After a while, the two basic Pokémon calmed down and went in the other direction.

We came upon one of the oldest parts of the park. We usually didn’t allow anyone back here because it was dangerous. There were gas leaks, chemical spills, risks of exposure to asbestos, and anything else that could cause you to lose your ability to live. Our ranger, however, knew what he was doing, and so, I trusted him wherever he took us.

Finally, we came upon a large stainless steel door. I guess our ranger wanted to take us there because he gave out a quick “aha!” and press upon the door. However, pressing on the door caused a Zubat to fly out from its nest and attack us. The Pokémon frantically flew about until it landed on a large purple ball, one that I immediately recognized as a Koffing. The Pokémon gave off nauseous gases that made me step back so that I wouldn’t faint.

"Well, interested in these two?" Our ranger said, looking back at us.

“Nah, I’m good,” I said.

I wasn’t particular interested in owning a Koffing. They weren’t my type, and I didn’t particularly take well to being around poison-types. Zubat were also too plenteous to attempt to capture. There were so many that the Pokemarts in the area had taken to selling them in an attempt to lower the amount of Zubat in the wild.

While I was almost positive that my partner trainer wasn’t interested in Zubat, I knew there was a chance that he wanted the Koffing. If he decided to battle it, then I would be more than happy to help. I would most likely use Umbreon. I was afraid of what a spark of electricity would do considering the environment that we were in, so Luxray was out. Torterra probably wouldn’t fare well against a poison type, and Dragonite had no real attacks that would actually fair against the two Pokémon.

OOC: Sorry, I decided to do it now because waiting any longer would be implausable. I won't speak out loud, though, in case you want to save it for later.

We walked past the Shinx, who yapped and growled at us, trying to get our attention. Seeing as we didn't want to battle them, however, we walked past them, trying our best to ignore them. The two little blue Pokemon followed us for a while, but they soon grew tired of their little game, and they ran off looking for something else to do.

I noticed that our Ranger was shooting periodic glances at a map, and that my partner was thinking hard, as if trying to recall something. The sense of deja vu returned again - I was now certain I had seen my partner somewhere before. I watched him and his Luxray carefully as we walked through dark, twisting corridors, trying to figure out where we had met before.

Suddenly, a lightbulb flicked on in my head. Last time I had come to the Park, I had been escorted through the Woods by a Ranger with a Luxray. And this person seemed very similar to that Ranger. I felt that I was right, but I wasn't sure, so I decided to hold off on saying anything until I was.

Not long after my revelation, we found ourselves looking at a large steel door that was blocking our path. I shot a look at our Ranger, who stepped up and pushed on the door. The door made a rusty squealing sound, and suddenly a Zubat dropped from its hidden nest near the ceiling, squeaking and fluttering around in panic. It bumped into a purple blob on the floor that I hadn't noticed, and I was shocked to see the blob rise up into the air. It was a Koffing! The Koffing rose up opposite my partner, belching noxious fumes, and the Zubat hovered next to it but higher, looking at me. I sighed, because I didn't want the Zubat but I did want the Koffing.

"Well, interested in these two?" Jay asked us.

"Nah, I'm good," my partner said.

I felt like grinning in joy. That meant the Koffing was fair game!

"I'd like to go for the Koffing," I said, detaching Dual's PokeBall from its place on my right gauntlet. I dropped it on the ground in front of me, and Dual appeared in a flash of white light. I also pulled off Specialle's PokeBall, just in case my partner didn't want to help out. And if he didn't, that was fine with me.

I knew that Koffing had good physical defense and a fair bit of health, so Gallade's immense physical strength wouldn't OHKO the floating gas-ball.

"Dual, soften that Koffing up with a Psycho Cut," I said to him, "but hold back a little bit and don't try for a critical. We don't want to knock it out." After a couple seconds, I added, "also, if the Koffing tries to poison you, use Protect to ride it out."

Dual nodded, and he extended both of his elbow blades to their maximum length. They both glowed blue, and he started running towards the Koffing. If my partner didn't act soon, I'd use Specialle's Ice Punch to try and scare off the Zubat, but I'd have to wait and see whether he acted or not.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

Just as I figured, Jathan was indeed interested in capturing Koffing. It was, after all, a pretty good Pokémon to use in battle. I just didn’t have any real preference for one. I watched as Jathan pulled out two Pokeballs. He threw forth one, which revealed itself to be Gallade. After realizing that he was probably waiting to see if I would help out, I pulled out Umbreon’s Pokémon.

The dark-type Pokémon emerged with a white flash of light. Since Umbreon knew some Psychic type attacks, he would prove useful in the battle against Zubat. I would keep Zubat busy while Jathan attempted to capture Koffing.]

“Breon!” The Pokémon cried as he emerged from his Pokeball.

“Umbreon, your opponent is Zubat,” I said. “Let’s keep him busy so that our partner can battle Koffing without any disturbances!”

Umbreon nodded and turned towards his opponent. I saw that Jathan had already started his attack against Koffing. I had to go ahead and get started if I was going to be of any use.

“Alright, Umbreon,” I said. “First, use Screech to knock Zubat off guard! Then, use Faint Attack to slam your body into it!”

If my combination attack worked out the way I planned, Umbreon would make a loud screeching noise. Since Zubat used sonar to see where they were, the attack would disrupt its hearing, and cause it to become confused of its surroundings. While Zubat was in a state of confusion, Umbreon would proceed to ram into the Pokémon using Faint Attack. Hopefully, the attack would be enough to do enough damage to make the Zubat flee. If not, then I would continue to fight until Jathan had captured his Pokémon.

Blog Entries

BP:

OOC: Please improve post quality.

"Nah, I'm good," Dee C said. "Jathan's face seemed to light up with joy at the thought of battling, and possibly catching a Koffing. "I'll go for the Koffing," Jathan beamed. Jathan lobbed a Pokeball high into the air and in a brilliant flash of dazzling white light a Gallade materiallised in the battlefield. It's dark eyes twinkled with excitement as it anticipated an oncoming battle. It flexed it's blades as it stared at the purple puffball, known as Koffing.

"Dual, soften that Koffing up with a Psycho Cut," Jathan said to his Gallade, "but hold back a little bit and don't try for a critical. We don't want to knock it out." He paused for a few seconds before adding, "also, if the Koffing tries to poison you, use Protect to ride it out." Gallade raised both of it's dark green arms and brought them down at once, sending two purple discs spinning through the air in a zig zag pattern. The Gallade smirked cockily.

At the same time Dee had lobbed a Pokeball of his own into the air, which emitted a dark, dog like Pokemon. The Umbreon stretched a little as it was out in the open space. "Umbreon, your opponent is Zubat,” Dee said. “Let’s keep him busy so that our partner can battle Koffing without any disturbances!" Umbreon nodded in agreement as Dee called out the next attacks. "Alright, Umbreon. First, use Screech to knock Zubat off guard! Then, use Faint Attack to slam your body into it!"

The Umbreon opened it's mouth wide and gave a high-pitched screech. The Zubat twitched at the sound, and, as it continued, Zubat began to fly around erratically. I looked at the Zubat mournfully, the poor Pokemon didn't stand a chance. The two purple discs shot through the air straight at the Koffing, who hovered up a little, behind the crazy Zubat. The twin discs struck the Zubat head on, knocking it literally to it's senses. Then, the Umbreon dove forward, eyes closed, leaving a faint trail of silver behind as it ran forward. It hit into the startled Zubat, almost knocking it out. The Zubat opened it's mouth as supersonic waves of concentrated energy shot towards the Umbron, who seemed confused by the odd patterns and began walking around in circles, before walking head on into a cracked wall. The Koffing leaned forwards and spat a blob of bubbling sludge onto the distracted Gallade. The Gallade turned a green tinge and looked rather ill, meaning it had become poisoned.

~~~

Battle Stats:
    Koffing 100% (tactfully watching it's opponent's)
    Zubat 12% (slightly shocked, seeking vengeance)
    Vs.
    Gallade 82% PSN
    Umbreon 95% CON-1

Encounters Remaining: 10
    Pokemon Encountered: Magnemite-Magneton, Elekid-Ditto, Luxio-Electivire. Shinx-Shinx, Zubat (Chain)- Koffing (TLM)
    CC since last encounter: Chain 2,842/9,000 , TLM 3,764/4,000

~~~

Trainer Stats:

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon Stats:

OOC: Enough, or more?

My partner threw a PokeBall into the air, and it twisted and rotated before snapping open and emitting a bright white light. When the light faded, I saw an Umbreon. The Umbreon was stretching its legs and twitching its ears, preparing itself for battle. I was now convinced that my partner was in fact Dee, my previous Ranger, but I kept silent on the off-chance that I was wrong.

"Umbreon, your opponent is Zubat. Let’s keep him busy so that our partner can battle Koffing without any disturbances. First, use Screech to knock Zubat off guard! Then, use Faint Attack to slam your body into it!" Dee called to his Umbreon. The Umbreon made a keening howl, and then it took on a deliberately aggressive pose. Its legs were wide apart, bracing itself, and its tail and ears shot out. It blended into the darkness of the corridor so well that I could hardly see it.

I quickly looked back over at Dual. Apparently, he didn't want to get too close to the Koffing, so he took a few steps forward, then stopped. His elbow-blades fully extended, and they were glowing a bright blue, casting the light across the corridor. He swung his right arm upwards, like he was performing a right hook, and the blue light detached from his blade and formed into a disk-like shape as it moved towards the Koffing. Dual then followed up with his left arm. There were now two spinning crescent blades made of pain heading towards the Koffing.

Suddenly, and ear-piercing wail started bouncing off the walls. I covered my ears with my hands, but it was no good. I looked over at the Umbreon, and I saw that all of its hairs were standing on end. Across from us, the Zubat started panicking. It flew around erratically - the Screech attack was apparently playing havoc with its echolocation. As I watched, I saw that the Koffing stealthily moved up behind the Zubat, putting its ally in between itself and Dual's Psycho Cut discs. The first disc smashed straight into the Zubat's midsection, splintering into hundreds of little pieces as it did so. The second one clipped it on the side of the head and kept going, until Dual clicked his tonuge. It suddenly exploded like a firework. I grinned as I remembered the time it had taken Dual to perfect that trick.

Unluckily for Dee and his Umbreon, the Psycho Cut seemed to have knocked Zubat back to its senses. It stopped flying in circles just in time for Umbreon to blue forward. He left a slight silver trail as we moved towards the small purple-and-blue bat. The Zubat dipped low, confused. Suddenly, Umbreon shouldered it, knocking it back into the air. The Zubat was quick to respond - it regained control of its flight and started screeching at Umbreon. The screech was ever-changing, rising and dropping in pitch and volume. Umbreon flinched away from it, then fell onto his side. He started moving in circles before walking straight into the side wall.

I was watching this, eyeing Dee with pity. There weren't many worse things than having a confused Pokemon. Dual was watching too, and that was when the Koffing launched its attack. It opened its mouth wide and lunged forward. A purple blob of goo flew through the air. Dual turned to see it, but he was too slow to activate his Protect. The gloopy substance, landed on Dual's right shoulder, where it began to bubble and steam. I could smell the acrid odour from where I was standing.

I powered on my Aura Reader, and had a look at Dual through the eyepiece. It was as I feared - Dual had been poisoned by the Koffing's attack. I had found something potentially worse than confusion, I thought ruefully.

I considered my options. Dual was my prime Pokemon - my partner. HE was also my favourite Catching Pokemon - his ability to induce Sleep and his low-damage techniques rarely failed to win me the capture. But I couldn't use him later on in the Plant if he fainted now. Besides, Koffing were notorious walls, and I didn't want Dual staying in battle for too long while poisoned. Additionally, Zubat were known for employing "hax" attacks, like the Supersonic it had used on Umbreon, and I wanted Dual out of there before it thought to hit him with a super-effective Flying type attack. No, I needed something that could try to stay out of the way of annoying attacks, and at the same time out-wall a Koffing.

I grinned. I knew the perfect Pokemon. I unclipped Dual's Poke Ball from my belt and pointed it at him even as he started coughing violently.

"Dual, you've done well buddy," I called out to him, "I'll fix you up after this battle is over."

He dropped to his right knee, coughing even more violently. He managed to stop long enough to shoot me a thankful look over his shoulder. A red line of light shot out of the Poke Ball and touched Dual on his back. Dual's form was slowly replaced by more of the red light, and when his body was entirely composed of the light it retreated back into the sphere. I clipped it back onto my belt and unclipped a second ball. It was a Dusk Ball - mostly black, and with a red button. I threw it out in front of me, and another white light flashed briefly. The Dusk Ball returned to my hand, and I clipped it onto my belt. My Dusknoir, Specialle, hovered gently in front of me. She greeted me with a soft wail.

"Hey there, you ready to help me catch that Koffing?" I asked her.

She grunted affirmation, and then moved out into the battle a bit more. I thought about what to do. From the Koffing's temperament and decision earlier, it might like to dodge in order to increase the time it spent in battle. If that was the case, then I would just hit it with an attack it could not dodge. I considered briefly going after the Zubat, but I decided against it. Umbreon could probably finish it off, and besides he might be annoyed if I knocked out the Pokemon he was battling. I knew Dual would be furious if someone knocked out his opponent.

"Specialle, go after the Koffing with a Shadow Punch!" I ordered.

Specialle nodded, and she moved towards the Koffing, silently fading out of sight as she did so. Normally, she was even harder to see in this light that Umbreon, but now she was for all intents and purposes invisible. There was no way the Koffing would be able to dodge. I knew how she operated - we had been battling for a long time. She would circle the edge of the battlefield so as to stay out of the way of random attacks, and then when her opponent had worked itself into a frenzy trying to find her she'd strike, materializing a single fist and striking the hapless Pokemon solidly. I watched carefully - even though Shadow Punch by definition never missed, sometimes Pokemon could negate the attack, and Pokemon with stronger eyes like the Luxray line could see her. Hopefully the Koffing or the Zubat wouldn't be able to detect her before she made her move.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

[[How does MCR work? Does it count towards this battle against Koffing, or does it build up for the next battle?]]

Just as luck would have it, our attacks didn’t work out as we had planned them. Umbreon’s screech had successfully disrupted Zubat’s ability to navigate itself, but Koffing had sneakily used the Pokémon’s misfortune as a chance to cover himself. The poisonous Pokémon flew behind the Zubat just in the niche of time so that Gallade’s Psycho Cut could hit Zubat instead.

The attack that Zubat took aided in knocking the bat-like Pokémon back into its senses. Umbreon followed up his Screech attack with Faint Attack. A small silver trailed followed the Pokémon as he snuck up on Zubat and rammed his entire body into the flying Pokémon. Zubat retaliated by emitting loud supersonic waves that dropped and increased in pitch dramatically. The waves were enough to disrupt Umbreon’s thought process and render him incapable of making sense of his surroundings and actions.

As if that wasn’t enough to make us want to rage, Koffing vomited a large blob of gas and sludge that landed right on top of Gallade, poisoning him. Gallade shivered in pain as the poison took its toll on him. I looked over at the Pokémon and trainer with an apologetic look on my face. Why was it that my partner and his Pokémon always seemed to pull the short straw and receive the most damage?

My partner Jathan recalled the sick Gallade, promising to cure him of the poison later. Then, after clipping the Pokeball back to his belt and unclipping another one, he threw it forth. A dark menacing ghost of a Pokémon emerged from the Pokeball. I immediately recognized the Pokémon as being a Dusknoir. Something about how the Pokémon carried itself told me that this Pokémon was a female Dusknoir. I looked at the ghost in awe. I had a Duskull back at my quarters that I was hoping would grow to be a strong Dusknoir someday.

“Specialle, go after the Koffing with a Shadow Punch!” My partner Jathan commanded the Pokémon.

The Pokémon nodded and approached the Koffing as she faded out of sight. Within a few seconds of her trainer’s command, the Pokémon had faded completely out of sight. I wasn’t sure what she was doing or where she was, but I knew how this attack would end.

After looking on my partner’s tactics for a while, I realized that I’d forgotten about Umbreon. Umbreon was still confused. By now, however, he had taken to running around in circles. I wondered what I should do. Should I give Umbreon another command and risk him harming again? Or should I recall him and use another Pokémon like my partner had just done? In the end, I decided to give it one more shot. Many times, Pokémon would instantly snap out of confusion. It was worth a try.

“Umbreon!” I called out to the Pokémon. “Come here a second!”

The Pokémon walked over to me. I knelt down to his level and started to whisper to him.

“You’re doing a great job,” I whispered as I patted him on the head. “We’re almost done, but I need you to hang in there for a little while longer. Can you do that?”

Umbreon nodded his head and continued to look up at me.

“You see that Zubat there?” I pointed up to the Pokémon. “That’s your opponent. Focus all of your attention on him.”

Usually, Umbreon would never KO any opponent. He preferred to keep battling because that’s what he loved to do. He would keep the battle going for as long as possible. So, I had to figure out a way for the Pokémon to possible KO himself.

“Use Confuse Ray on Zubat.” I continued. “I know you can do. Now, go out there and give it all you’ve got!”

Umbreon nodded. I patted the Pokémon on the head and stood up. Umbreon turned around to face his opponent. If the attack went right, Umbreon would start to glow and attempt to lock eyes with Zubat. If he was successful, then he would imbue Zubat’s mind with all sorts of thoughts, causing the bat Pokémon’s mind to wander aimlessly. Zubat would have trouble focusing on our battled and sometimes would even hurt himself in the midst of all of the confusion that he was suffering from. I prayed that Umbreon would successfully pull off the attack.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast