Main RP: The Abandoned Power Plant - Page 2

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Main RP: The Abandoned Power Plant

Well, I can tell you somewhere that I'm not

Default Re: Main RP: The Abandoned Power Plant

NBP Team RP

Odd names I thought to myself while shaking their hands. Empress got up, feeling more awake now, sized up the other Pokemon. Dual the Gallade was stony and steadfast as Gallade tend to be. He stayed very close to his trainer as if he was a bodyguard. I was soon to get a Gallade and I hoped that mine would be a little looser.

Nitelite the Dragonite was sitting off to herself, equally silent though she looked s if she were about to burst into uncontrollable giggles any second. She seemed a bit embarassed by the two Pokemon in her prescence, even though, she and Empress were technically the strongest there.

I shrugged inwardly and guided them towards the entranceof the building. We stopped right before the entrance and I turned to them.

“Now I happen to know that none of your Pokemon know the move flash, and while most of the rooms in the plant are lighted, some aren’t. While a flashlight isn’t the same as a full on flash, it’s the best we can do without assistance. If need be, I’ll get a Pokemon to use flash, but only in emergencies and I’m sure you boys can take care of yourself.” I punctuated the end of my speech by handing each of them a flash light and placing mine on the hook around my utility belt.

They seemed to understand quite fine so I led the way in with Empress while they followed. The plant was eerie as ever. Cracked tile was littered across the hallways and some plants that had gotten past the barrier of the windows grew up the sides of the walls. Dirt and clutter was strewn occasionally along the hallway, but to top it all off was the dim and creepy flourescent lighting. I hated flourescent lighting. I had ADD on the Autism spectrum so if I sat still long enough, I could see the individua flashes of the light , like some horrible strobe.

I shuddered and continued on. We walked down the hall way for a ways before coming to our first Pokemon.

A Magnemite and Magneton were floating in the center of the hallway sending weak jolts of electricity at the light on the sieling , making it glow bright briefly, and then giggling metallically. When we approached they looked at us questioningly. The Magnemite floated towards Jathan and looked as if it were scanning him, while the Magneton drifted circles around Dee.

“You want ‘em?”

~~~

Team RP: Abandoned Power Plant

Area Effects: None
    Encounters Remaining: 14
    Pokemon Encountered: Magnemite-Magneton

~~~

Trainer Stats:

Name: Dee C.
    Total Items: Hyper Ball x2; Super Ball x5; Full Heal x3; Calming Frangrance Plus x2; Digital Camera; Super Potion x5, Pokedoll x2

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Luxray
    Nickname: N/A
    Ability: Intimidate
    Nature: Modest
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM24 Thunderbolt; TM50 Substitute; HM04 Strength; Fire Fang; Ice Fang

Pokemon: Umbreon
    Ability: Synchronize
    Nature: Jolly
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM29 Psychic; TM50 Substitute

Pokemon: Torterra
    Ability: Overgrow
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM129 Stealth Rock; HM04 Strength

Pokemon: Dragonite
    Ability: Inner Focus
    Nature: Bashful
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM50 Substitute; HM04 Strength

Name: Jathan Einherjar
    Items: 5x ParkBall; 2x SuperBall; 5x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 10x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Black Aura Reader; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Gallade
    Nickname: Dual
    Ability: Steadfast
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Cut; TM Earthqauke; TM Brick Break; TM Bulk Up; Confuse Ray; Fire Punch, Ice Punch; Pain Split; Shadow Sneak

Pokemon: Swampert
    Nickname: Smash
    Ability: Torrent
    Nature: Lonely
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Surf; TM Stone Edge; Curse

Pokemon: Dusknoir
    Nickname: Specialle
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Sassy
    TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM Earthquake; Pain Split

Angry about Outer Heavens ChainReaction01's Avatar

OOC: Interesting fact that I forgot to mention: a couple days ago (before we entered the Park, so it's still valid) I purchased the Strength and Flash HMs, so all Pokemon who can know those do. So we're okay.

The Ranger immediately moved over to the the entrance without returning the introduction. Apparently he was a little anxious about the run. He explained that some of the room were darkened, but we couldn't do much better than flashlights since none of our Pokemon knew Flash.

"Um, excuse me, but Dual knows Flash," I interjected. The Ranger frowned, so obviously he didn't know about this. Probably because I bought the Flash HM, along with the Strength HM, on the boat ride over.

We progressed through the darkened hallways. There were random lights flickering creating an eerie feel to the plant. The concrete walls and tiled floor were in an advanced state of disrepair, which meant I had to watch were I was stepping. Dual didn't feel like staying out of his PokeBall, so he returned himself.

This gave me an opportunity to take a look at my partner. His Dragonite would be a helpful asset, and who knows what other Pokemon he had tucked away. He seemed to know how the Park worked, so he was probably a Ranger on holiday. My big brother was a Ranger, and I rarely got to see him because they were kept pretty busy with all the Trainers passing through.

While walking down the hallway, I noticed there was an extremely erratic light up ahead. As we got closer, we saw that there were two Pokemon using their electrical abilities to make it glow. One of them was a Magnemite, and it left this form of entertainment to come and inspect me. I raised my hands, showing peaceful intent.

"You want 'em?" the Ranger asked.

I considered it. Magnemite eventually evolved into the powerful defensively-oriented Magnezone, which would be a great asset to my team. But I was going to visit my cousin's in a fortnight's time, and she had told me that she had found a stray Magnemite that she wanted me to take under my wing. I couldn't break my promise to her.

"I like it but I'm not really interested, thanks," I said to the Ranger, locking my hands behind my back. If my partner wanted either Pokemon, however, I would be happy to help him capture it.

EDIT: Apparently I can't use Flash even though I BOUGHT IT BEFORE ENTERING THE PARK SO I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO, WHICH IS BULLSHIT. RAAAAAAAAAGE AGAINST THE SYSTEMMMMMMMMMMMM.
    Last edited by ChainReaction01; 2nd October 2010 at 07:13 PM.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    Ranger Chapter | Referee Chapter | Grader Chapter | Judge Chapter
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

"ALLAREFRED" WinterVines 7:15 pm
    nightgowns aren't for sleeping silly

OOC: It ain't in yo stats boyee. Gotta be there.

Trust me, I'm the Doctor. rockman0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Before entering the warehouse, the ranger handed us both flashlights, stating that it would have to suffice since we had failed to bring a Pokémon that learned Flash. In all of my excitement, I had forgotten to teach Luxray how to use Flash. I would make sure to do that as soon as left the Park.

The thought of teaching Luxray how to use Flash reminded me that I should release her from her Pokeball. She hated being in her Pokeball, and I only recalled her when it was absolutely necessary, such as when I was riding over on Dragointe. She would probably be upset. Upon releasing her, she looks at me with a stern look on her face, and I shrugged my shoulders. Eventually, she turned around, and with a sigh, followed us into the plant.

When we entered the big building that once served as a source of power for the park, we stumbled upon a Magnemite and a Magneton. The Magnemite approached my Partner trainer, who I couldn’t help but feeling that I had met somewhere. The Magneton circled around me. As much as I wanted to capture Magneton and evolved it to a Magnezone, I decided that I would wait. I wanted to see what other Pokémon I would encounter.

“Nah, I think I’ll have to pass on Magneton,” I said to the ranger. I heard the poison-type Pokémon dwelled within the building, and a recent toxic waste accident had attracted even more poison-types than usual. Maybe I would encounter one that I wanted.

“Let’s keep going,” I told the ranger. Hopefully, the two Pokémon would leave us alone and allow us to pass.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
    Night will fall and drown the sun
    When a good man goes to war.
    Friendship dies and true love lies.
    Night will fall and the dark will rise
    Demons run, but count the loss.
    The battle's won, but the child is lost.

NBP Team RP

Since the trainers didn’t show any interest in the Pokemon, I decided to take a chance and just walk away.

The Magneton and Magnemite didn’t seem at all concerned with our leaving and went back to their game.

We continued to walk along the hallway. As always, our steps were eerily muted as if the static in the air sucked the sound out of the air before it could reach our ears. We turned a corner and I froze.

Facing us was a simply confusing scene. Raikou was jumping up and down and smiling dopily with an Elekid on its back having a fantastic time trying to stay on. They were both giggling furiously, but stopped when they saw us.

Raikou just stared with that same dopey look. Elekid stopped and glanced at us, but lost interest and tried to get Raikou to continue playing.

I was fascinated by the behavior of Raikou. The particular Raikou that llived in the plant was noble and pompous. It would never dare let some small Pokemon ride on its back unless it was injured or something. I stared at it for a while trying to see what was up. Its face was the same mocking, dopey expression with its smug smile and tiny little bead eye- wait. Raikou had dark brown slits for eyes. It was a Ditto.

I smiled to think how happy Ditto must have been when it saw Raikou and realized that it could transform into one. Its Elekid buddy must have been enjoying the new power as well.

I turned around to see the stupefied looks on the trainers faces.

“It’s a Ditto,” I said to overall relief and embarrassment. “They’re both up for grabs though.”

~~~

Area Effects1: None
    Encounters Remaining: 13
    Pokemon Encountered: Magnemite-Magneton, Elekid-Ditto

~~~

Trainer Stats:

Entrance Fee: $3,500
    Total Items: Hyper Ball x2; Super Ball x5; Full Heal x3; Calming Frangrance Plus x2; Digital Camera; Super Potion x5, Pokedoll x2

Pokemon Stats:

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: TM24 Thunderbolt; TM50 Substitute; HM04 Strength; Fire Fang; Ice Fang

Items: 5x ParkBall; 2x SuperBall; 5x Full Heal; 2x Max Potion; 4x HyperBall; 2x Calming Fragrance Plus; 10x PokeDoll; 5x Honey; Black Aura Reader; Squirtbottle; Pokeplayer; Digital Camera

Pokemon Stats:

TM/HM/BM/SM/MT: HM Cut; TM Earthqauke; TM Brick Break; TM Bulk Up; Confuse Ray; Fire Punch, Ice Punch; Pain Split; Shadow Sneak

Our Ranger apparently decided that the best way to leave these Pokemon alone was to not show any interest in them at all. He simply walked around the two Pokemon without looking at them, continuing down the hallway.

I shrugged, and followed his lead, ignoring the Pokemon. After a half a minute, I looked backwards. The Magnemite and Magneton had returned to their game, zapping the light repeatedly with their natural stores of electrical power.

The hallway ahead suddenly pulled a ninety-degree turn. The Ranger, who was leading us at the time, froze shortly after turning the corner. I stuck my head around and was shocked at what I saw.

A Raikou was playing with an Elekid, bouncing it up and down in the air using its back. The scene reminded me of a rodeo except the Raikou was being very gentle and careful with the Elekid. The entire scenario seemed strange to me. Most Legendary Pokemon were meant to be austere and stiff, not at all like this. Although, I suppose I wouldn't know. The only Legendary Pokemon I had met before this one was a Celebi in the Woods.

I noticed through my Aura Reader that the Raikou's outline was shimmering a bit. My Aura Reader was a recent purchase, and I was still getting used to it. I zoomed it in on the Raikou and pink slashes began moving up and down along its body. Obviously, there was something unnatural about this Raikou, but I couldn't figure out what.

My suspicions were confirmed when out Ranger spoke. "It's a Ditto," he said with relief. "Both are up for grabs, though."

I thought about it, but I didn't particularly want either. Elekid were common around my hometown, and Ditto required a flexible battling style that I simply did not have. I shook my head, stepping back a little, allowing my somewhat mysterious Partner a run at either Pokemon, reaching for Smash's PokeBall in case he decided to try battling one. His Luxray seemed familiar to me, but I couldn't figure out where I'd seen it before...
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS
    ~No one understands how important sex is better than someone who isn't having any.~

Blog Entries

My partner trainer and I had decided not to bother the two electric Pokémon, so we simple left them alone and walked away. The two Pokémon thought nothing of it and resumed their game of firing electric beams at the light.

We turned a corner and continued walking. Suddenly, our ranger stopped dead in his tracks. His face said that he was shocked from what he was seeing. I turned towards the direction that he was looking and I too was shocked at the sight. Playing with a little baby Elekid was a big ferocious-looking Raikou. Only, it didn’t behave like a Raikou was thought to behave. It was very gentle in its movements, being careful not to hurt the little baby Pokémon as it bounced it up and down.

A little while later, the ranger shook off his facial expression and reassured us that it was only a Ditto.

But still, I thought to myself. There has to be a Raikou somewhere around here. Ditto actually had to see the Pokémon that it was transforming to in order to take on that Pokémon’s form; however, I knew that I was probably kidding myself. The chance of a Raikou appearing was a million to one.

The Ditto, however, reminded me of a previous park run. A trainer that I had taken through the Park (coincidentally, it was the Power Plant) had a Ditto. I admired that flexibility that the trainer had when using his Ditto. I thought that it would be a great asset to my team.

“Sure, I think I’ll try for the Ditto,” I said. “Luxray?”

I look at the electric Pokémon that had been my companion since I had first started as a trainer. She nodded her head and stepped forward, ready to battle. I didn’t want to surprise the Pokémon. I wanted it to alert so that I could capture the Pokémon fairly.

“Let’s give it a little warning, shall we?” Luxray fired a weak beam of electricity towards the Ditto, who had taken on the form of a Raikou. The beam was enough to get the Pokémon’s attention without causing any harm. I would try and capture the Pokémon as quickly as I could so that we could see more of what the Power Plant had to offer.

OOC: I guess I'll post again, seeing as we're going to battle.

"Sure, I think I'll try for the Ditto," my partner said. At his command, the Luxray stepped forward and fired a warning shot of electricity at the Raikou-shaped Ditto.

I wasn't going to be playing it like that. I didn't particularly want to capture the Elekid, but since I was going help my partner battle I might as well attempt it anyway. Besides, it would be good to catch a few extras early on just in case there wasn't anything I wanted later on.

I was about to pull out Smash's PokeBall when I rethought my strategy. If I summoned Smash and the Ditto decided to copy him, our Luxray ally might be in deep trouble. It would probably be a better idea to use someone who isn't as dangerous.

I tapped Dual's PokeBall twice. He released himself in a flash of white light.

<Already?> he asked me.

<Well, I don't really want the Elekid, but we should help out our partner,> I replied through our mind link. <Besides, you haven't fought many Electric types - this will be good practise for you.>

Dual snorted, then walked out in front of me, ready to battle.

"All right, Dual, time to show you are serious," I said out loud to him. My partner was playing it fair by warning the Pokemon in advance, but I wasn't going to do that. As far as I was concerned, they'd already been warned. "Use Distance Style: Psycho Cut!"

Gallade extended his elbow blades, and they were glowing blue. He swung both arms at the Elekid, and the blue energy surrounding his blades detached, and formed into discs. They flew towards the little yellow Pokemon, humming as they sliced through the air.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

NBP Team RP

OOC: crap. I forgot to specify which was for which. You’re lucky chainy’s nice RM. Also, Gender for Elekid?
    OOC2: you can make 2 posts but only the second counts towards MCR.

The Ditto smiled a dopey smile as the jolt of electricity danced at his feet. His form made him almost impervious to electricity and he knew it. Dual readied his attack, purple aura globbing on his forearms.

Suddenly, Ditto looked at Dual and opened its mouth to reveal a large shadowy orb. It launched the Shadow Ball at Dual where it struck him in the torso and forced him to stop his Psycho Blade.

Without the threat of an oncoming attack, Elekid put out both hands and focused. He and his teammate began to glow blue. The glow intensified gradually until Elekid finally put his hands down and smiled. As the glow faded, I noticed a grayish tint to their bodies. A barrier had been put up and Elekid had made it for both of them.

Elekid looked admirably up at Ditto. They must have been good friends to protect eachother like that.

~~~

~~~

Battle Stats:

Gallade 77.94%
    Luxray 100%

Elekid 100% [DEF+1]
    Ditto 100% [DEF+1]

~~~

Trainer Stats:

MCR: 2072

Pokemon Stats:

MCR: 1599

Pokemon Stats:

Just before Gallade launched his Psycho Cut, the Raikou-turned-Ditto opened its mouth and revealed a purple-black energy ball just on top of its tongue. It launched the ball at Dual. Dual was too absorbed in charging his own attack to dodge, so the Shadow Ball struck him in the chest, stopping him from launching his attack.

I unconciously made my hand into a fist. Who would have known that I would be fighting a Legendary Pokemon? I needed to fight professionally. I cast my thoughts back to when I had been researching double battles. There were two schools of thought on how to do it. Some thought the best way was to eliminate the stronger Pokemon first, leaving the weaker one helpless. Others thought the opposite - if you removed the weaker one first, the stronger one would be less strong. Personally, I favoured the second technique, but I decided to leave the choice to my partner. The one thing I did know that was whichever he chose to attack, I would follow suit. Besides, since the Raikou the Ditto had copied was no longer around, it couldn't hold onto the form for too long. We might not be able to beat the Legendary form of Ditto, but we could sure outwait it.

"Choose your attack target," I called over to my partner. "Dual will attack it with you using Psycho Cut!"

Dual nodded to the Luxray, and started charging his Psycho Cut again. This time, however, he would be using it as it was meant to be used - cutting and slashing at the enemy, not firing it like a disc. Blue tendrils of energy curled around his arms as he waited for the Luxray to attack.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

Blog Entries

My partner had graciously decided to help me with capturing Ditto. He had proceeded to attack Elekid with his Gallade to prevent it from interfering with our battle; however, the Ditto-turned-Raikou had intercepted the attack using its own Shadow Ball attack. The attack connected with Gallade, negating his Psycho Cut attack and causing damage to Gallade while providing it and Elekid with an extra defense boost.

“Choose your target,” my partner said to me. “Dual will attack it with you using Psycho Cut!”

I looked over to him and nodded. Then, I looked back over to the Elekid and the Legendary Ditto. I noticed that the Pokémon seemed to be trying its best to protect the Elekid. I started to think back to the Saturday Morning cartoons where the hero was given an ultimatum. Save himself or save his family and the townspeople. Usually, the hero ended up choosing the people over himself, suffering a substantial amount of bodily harm. I wondered if I could apply the same tactic here.

If my partner targeted 1 Pokémon, while I targeted another, then the Ditto would have to make a choice. Would it save itself and allow Elekid to be hurt, or would it save Elekid and cause harm to itself? There was a third option in this situation, but I hoped that the Pokémon wouldn’t be able to think that particular option. Last time my partner had attack Elekid, Ditto had countered to prevent harm to the baby Pokémon.

“You go ahead and try to hit Elekid again,” I told my partner trainer. Then, I turned to Luxray.

“I want you to use Fire Fang on Ditto,” I said to my longtime traveling partner, Luxray. “We’ll see who it chooses, itself or Elekid.”

While my Partner Trainer sent his Pokémon off towards Elekid, my Luxray would attack Raikou. Her fangs would burst out in flames as she lunged towards the Ditto, ready to dig her teeth into the Pokémon. If luck was on my side, then Ditto would also suffer a burn, allowing me to have a bigger advantage on the Pokémon.

“All right Luxray,” I said to the Pokémon. “Attack!”

NBP Team RP

They chose a good tactic. They would each attack a different Pokemon and see what happens.

Dual’s forearms globbed purple out of nowhere and elongated powerfully in the air. Suddenly he launched at Elekid, bringing his powerful arms out front to slash at the small Pokemon. Before he made it though, the small Pokemon let loose a huge bolt of electricity. It smashed into Dual extremely hard but Gallade were known for their resiliency and determinedness. He slashed straight through the Thunder and sliced down on Elekid.

Just then Luxray seized forward and, flames bursting from its mouth, crunched into the Ditto’s back. The Ditto jumped and sized and threw him off, howling in pain. It immediately began to run forward its eyes blazing with a zap cannon. Suddenly, its forepaw melted into pink mush causing it to seize downward and misfire the cannon upward.

“Protect!” I shouted over the hubbub. Empress raised her hands and a translucent sphere of blue energy bubbled into view above me and the 2 trainers. The orb of cackling electricity rebounded against the ceiling and hit the shield, which sent it straight to the ground. There, it exploded sending weak jolts of electricity everywhere.

I looked at the Pokemon, all of which save Empress had been knocked down by the blast. They looked strained and amber sparks were running down their sides.

The blast had paralyzed everyone.

~~~

~~~

Battle Stats:

Gallade 48.82% [PRLZ]
    Luxray 100% [PRLZ]

Elekid 70.66% [DEF+1] [PRLZ]
    Ditto 80%% [DEF+1] [PRLZ]

~~~

Trainer Stats:

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon Stats:

Blog Entries

My plan had been successful, to some extent. Gallade’s Psycho Cut had successfully sent Elekid flying. The baby Pokémon had attempted to use Thunder and stop Gallade, but the Psychic/Fighting sliced through the attack and landed a hit on the Electric-type.

Luxray had also successfully landed her attack. The Gleam Eyes Pokémon had successfully implanted her flaming teeth into Ditto’s back. The legendary Pokémon screeched in pain as it swung Luxray off of its back. In retaliation, the Pokémon started to charge a lot of electricity, then it started to release a huge beam of electricity that was thrown off course when Ditto’s forepaws started to return to Ditto’s natural state.

Our ranger called for his Pokémon to use Protect. The Pokémon created a shield that surrounding me, my partner, our ranger, and his Pokémon. Only the battling Pokémon were exposed to the attack. The beam of electricity ricocheted off of the ceiling and bounced everywhere. All of the Pokémon that were in battle were injured, and due to Zap Cannon’s secondary attack, they were all paralyzed.

I clenched my fist. I looked at all of the Pokémon who struggled to get up. My partner’s Pokémon, it seemed, had taken the most damage. I had to spare my partner from this match because he didn’t even have to help. I had to stop thinking of my own Pokémon, and think of everyone else’s too, like I would do if I were acting as a Ranger right now.

“Hey,” I said to my partner. “Call back your Pokémon. I think I can manage from here.” I thanked him for helping out, and then I turned to Luxray.

“I want you to stand down. We’re going to bring in someone else.” Luxray was a pretty modest Pokémon, so she didn’t mind me withdrawing her from the battle. She got back up to her feet and walked back to my side. Then, I reached into my pocket and pulled out a Pokeball, throwing it forward onto the ground. A large green turtle-like Pokémon, with a tree on its back, emerged. It roared loudly.

“Torterra! You’re up!” I called out. Torterra looked at me as if to say, “really?” It was a bit cramped, but there was just enough room for him to do what he needed to do.

“I want to finish this battle up, so use Earthquake!” I commanded. “But just enough to get Raikou and Elekid. Don’t bring down the building along with them!”

The Pokémon nodded. Then, he reared his front legs up. When they started to glow white, he jammed them onto the ground hard. First, the ground glowed white, then shockwaves started to cause the ground in front of Torterra to break up and fly into the air. Panels went everywhere. Small cracks started to form in the wall. Dust flew everywhere.

I didn’t mind the attack fainting Elekid, but I wanted Ditto to have enough energy left for me to be able to attempt a capture.
    Last edited by rockman0; 6th October 2010 at 02:32 AM.

OOC: My poor Dual has been getting bashed around a bit, time to try and remedy this with a meta-post. :D

Dual dashed towards Elekid, leaving his arms trailing behind him. He did this so that he could slash them forward at the last second, maximising the damage by maximising the potential energy behind the blades. Just before he reached the Elekid, it started emitting sparks of electricity, and it unleashed a point-blank Thunder attack. Instead of being a lightning bolt like it usually was, it took on a rough spherical shape and it expanded out from the Elekid's body towards Dual.

I was horrified. Thunder was an extremely powerful move, but the trade off was bad accuracy. By getting close to Elekid, however, I had eliminated the need to aim. This was a real life form of video game tactics known as "no-scoping". In video games, snipers would often rush towards their enemies instead of maintaining their distance. This was because if the sniper rifle, usually a weapon relying on precision aiming, was right in front of someone it couldn't help but hit, even if the person using it wasn't aiming using the scope. Thus, no-scoping.

Thinking fast, Dual brought his left blade forward to clash with the Thunder. The barrier of electricity resisted him for a couple of seconds, but he managed to cut straight through it. He then slashed his right arm across the Elekid, sending it flying backwards.

I looked over at my partner's Luxray. It had lunged forward and bitten the Raikou, and was now retreating back in front of its Trainer. That was a good idea. I wouldn't want Dual to get hit by another Thunder, it looked like he had taken a fair bit of damage.

"Fall back, Dual," I called out, and he nodded. He ran back along the Luxray, but keeping an eye on both of the opponents. the Elekid was getting to its feet, but the Raikou was charging a blazing ball of electricity. Just before it could fire it, however, its front forepaws phased out of existence, returning to the pink goo of its Ditto form. I grinned as I realised I was correct. If I could just stall until it completely returned to Ditto form, this battle would be much easier.

The Ditto's Zap Cannon attack fired in the wrong direction. It shot towards the ceiling, but our Ranger was ready. His Empoleon created a blue shield along the ceiling, and the electric bubble bounced off this shield and crashed into the ground. Yellow sparks showered over all the Pokemon in battle. It looked like they had all been paralyzed.

“Hey,” my partner said to me, “call back your Pokémon. I think I can manage from here.”

"You want out, Dual?" I asked him.

He shook his head. It wasn't his nature to leave his allies in the midst of battle, and neither was mine. Besides, if he returned, I'd probably lose the ability to try and capture the Elekid. I didn't particularly want it, but I might as well attempt it considering we'd gone through all this trouble battling.

"We'll be fine thanks," I replied to my partner.

He nodded, and returned the Luxray. I waved for Dual to get closer, and he slowly limped over to me. Apparently, the paralysis was manifesting in his legs. I pulled out a Full Heal and sprayed him all over, just in case. That would get rid of the paralysis. Dual walked back out to the battle, noticeably steadier.

My partner threw out a different Poke Ball, and a Torterra emerged in a flash of white light. The green turtle-like Pokemon roared as it emerged. It shook itself as it did so, producing a rustling sound that was made by the leaves in the tree on its back. The poor Pokemon was a bit cramped in the tunnel, but I could predict was was coming, and I knew to do it he wouldn't really need to move.

“I want to finish this battle up, so use Earthquake!” my partner called, “but just enough to get Raikou and Elekid. Don’t bring down the building along with them!”

My prediction was right. My partner was planning to use Earthquake to get a sizeable chunk of damage done to both Pokemon, and that's why he wanted Dual out of the battle. But that didn't matter, I had a better idea.

"Dual, an earthquake is coming," I called, "use Protect to ride it out!"

Dual nodded, and he slammed a fist into the ground in what was colloquially known as a "ground-pound". As his fist touched the ground, a white sheen covered him completely. As long as he didn't move, he wouldn't take damage, and from our Training I knew that Dual could stay in a Protect for up to three minutes long. But he wouldn't need to stay there for that long this time, just half a minute to ride out Torterra's Earthquake. Even in his damaged state that would be easy for him.

The Torterra roared again as it reared up onto its back legs. It front feet began glowing white, and he slammed them down into the ground. The floor briefly glowed white too, and then shockwaves emitted from the contact point, cracking the walls and sending dust flying everywhere. Hopefully the Elekid wouldn't be fainted by this attack.
    URPG Stats
    SCROLL OF CHAINS

NBP Team RP

OOC: Oopsies. Remember, when Ditto transforms, it retains its own stats.

“Crap.” The trainer had decided to use earthquake. This meant I had to call in some special assistance.

“Go Shandera! Protect the building from earthquake!” Shandera leapt from her Pokeball and immediately began to glow and wobble ominously. She soon pulsed outward with a blue light and coated the walls and floor with a blue substance the was meant to protect the building from feeling anything.

Empress sustained her protect as Torterra reared up on his hind legs, and came down with a frighteningly loud pulse. I saw the earthquake fight against the coating, but the coating was like some viscous gel that only seemed liquid when you didn’t apply force to it. Ditto and Elekid were smashed up against the wall and knocked completely unconscious by the blast.

I ran over to them as the blue glow faded and Empress let go of the Protect, snatching out 2 revives out of my pocket as I went. It was easy to administer the cure to Elekid, but when Ditto was unconscious, they lost all facial features.

I kinda smashed the revive into the pink blob and it shivered and woke up so I guess it worked.

When I finished I turned around to see Dee and Torterra looking a little sheepish.

“Well, at least you have some experience right?”

~~~

~~~

Battle Stats:

NONE

~~~

Trainer Stats:

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Luxray [PRLZ]

Pokemon Stats:

Pokemon: Gallade [48.82%]

Last edited by Tyranitex; 6th October 2010 at 11:43 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast