Vanguard Academia - Page 8

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Vanguard Academia

Blog Entries

Default Re: Vanguard Academia

Will continued to read through his book, taking some time to understand what was in the textbook. I think I get it... He thought to himself. Sorta like when I have to picture what I want to make when I create matter.

Marley groaned with confusion... This doesn't make any sense... Other then Breezy Waltz... All I can do is kick hard. It took me half a year just to perfect Breezy Waltz! Marley thought very confused.

Blog Entries

James thought to himself as he read, Ok, remember Einstein's theory, Energy is neither created nor destroyed, simply transformed.

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sayuri was at first confused at what she was reading, and looked at her hand quizzically. All of her magic was focused through her hand, both for her arrows and her music. The type of magic just depended on how she focused. Keeping this in mind, she opened her hands, and closed her eyes. Her mother's words echoed in her mind:
    Listen to the center of your body. Wait until you feel a distinct spiritual pull, then seize control over it. Shape it into the magic you want, and pull it out. She did this, feeling the spiritual pull, and seizing it. Once she had it, she chose the type of magic she wanted, and confirmed it with a single word that passed her lips with a lot of volume and echoed in her ears: "Hono." As she said this, she felt her hands get hot, then heard the sound of a fire sparking to life. She opened one eye, and saw a small flame sitting millimeters above her cupped hands. Smiling in satisfaction, she intensified her focus, and began meditating with the fire running off her focused magic power.

"Wow... Neko-chan, you can make fire..." Akako whispered, becoming momentarily distracted by Sayuri's voice and magic display. Then she mentally slapped herself. "I must focus on my magic. If Neko-chan can do it, so can I!" She took out a glowing ruby, and held it in her hand. It was intensely warm to the touch, hinting at it's connection to fire. "Now, what was it that Sensei said? Oh yeah, bring your chi under control, and focus it into the stone." She muttered as she did this. As she focused, the stone glowed brightly, and began emitting more heat. "Now... Hono!" She uttered, and the stone burst into flame. Now, maintain focus, and you won't get burned. She thought, triggering a flashback.

(Flashback)
    "Now, watch me, Akako-san." A middle-aged man said, looking down at a young Akako. He was holding a glowing ruby in his hands. He closed his eyes, furrowed his brows, and took a breath. "Hono!" He suddenly shouted, causing the stone to burst into flames. After a few moments, the fire went out, and the glow faded.

"Whoa! How did you do that, Sensei?" Akako squawked excitedly, pointing at the stone.

"I used magic to light the stone on fire." Her sensei explained. "It is a very difficult process, and requires discipline."

"What do you have to do?" Akako asked, hopping up and down.

"You must learn to control and focus your chi, which the energy inside you, for magic. Once you can do that, you focus it through your hands, and into the stone. Then you say a magic word that corresponds with the stone's element to activate its powers." The sensei said.

"But it was on fire! Why aren't your hands burned?" Akako asked.

Her sensei laughed. "I hoped you'd pick up on that. It takes extreme focus to not be burned by the fire. It's just like walking on hot coals. As long as you focus and do it right, you won't get burned."

"Like walking on hot coals..." Akako muttered as the flashback ended, chuckling lightly. "If only you could see me now, Sensei."
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Even Rocky had a Montage AlphaMouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries

John shut his eyes, trying to find the Focal Point that the book described. He had done this once before, by accident, two months ago, when he'd discovered that he had magic. He felt the throb of energy throughout his body, sensed the hidden power within. If only he might have used it when he had been in the Infinity Dome, he might have scored higher, might not have had to wear this blue jacket that marked his shame. He started methodically, searching from top to bottom.

He traversed the nerve cells and memory glands of his brain, finding nothing but the usual throb. John didn't know what exactly he was looking for, but had a feeling that he would know the Focal Point once he found it. He moved down, sliding down his jugular, that pulsed a wide channel of blood. He found nothing. He delved in through the Vena Cava into his heart, searching the atria, the ventricles, and leaving through the aorta. He found nothing. He moved back up, into his mouth, and was sucked down by the pressure into his lungs. Flying through the trachea, he found nothing. He scoured the bronchioles, the alveoli for anything unexpected, he found nothing. He searched the liver, the spleen, the fiery stomach, the intestines, the groin, he found nothing.

He moved on, shooting through the muscle-bound arms, shifting through the fibres in search of his Focal Point. Still there was nothing. Even in his hand, where his force was exercised, he could prise no prize. He moved down into his legs. He must be close now, he had searched everywhere. The vast trunks yielded no success. The last place were his feet. He dived down, into the left foot, circumnavigating its toes. He stopped. There was an unnatural feeling about where he was searching. He couldn't place it, couldn't explain it, but knew that he had found his Focal Point.

He smiled.

"I have more magic in my left toe than in all of your body," he muttered to himself.

Yun
    Blog Entries

( @AlphaMouse; Impressive description, dude)

Demi had taken to look at both Sayuri and John. Both seemed to grasp onto the lesson well. He was paying very close attention to Sayuri's use of fire. Impressive.

'However...' Demi held up a hand, it immediately setting ablaze. The amount of pressure from the magic could be felt all around him within the room. 'I know a grand amount of fire.'

The flame that he'd summoned was a bit large for a demonstration. It wasn't his fault, that was his normal power.

Blog Entries

James felt it was time to find his own focal point, he closed his eyes and focused his thoughts and his conscious. Up until
    meeting Ouroboros, he'd never been a strong believer in magic, or that HE of all people could do it. It always seemed like
    something that only belonged in fairy tales and video games...but meeting Oura..had changed all that. He clenched his hand
    and began searching throughout his body.

He tried looking for it in his hands...he felt a buzzing sensation but nothing else, possibly from the fact that he summoned most
    of his powers through Ouroboros. Wait..something else was there...he reached deeper and deeper into his right hand...somewhere
    beneath the skin, the muscles, deep within the very cells that made up the palm of his right hand...he felt a powerful throbbing
    sensation, at that moment it flared in the form of an orb of energy with tendrils coming off it.

He could feel something surging up into his head,trying to take over...but he refused. No...you..belong...to ME! He exerted his will
    over the energy and it obeyed, going back into the palm of his right hand...he had found his Focal Point.

Blog Entries

Sayuri was jolted out of her meditation by a greater source of magic across the room. She opened her eyes to look, and gasped in shock when she saw one of her classmates holding a huge flame. She was captivated by the flame, until she felt something hot. She looked down and saw that her flame had stopped levitating, and was now directly in her hand. She blinked quizzically before gasping in pain and tossing the flame upwards. "HOT!" She shouted, whipping her bow and an arrow off of her back in one fluid motion and taking aim. Watching the flame as it came down, she focused on her power, which was mostly depleted, and brought the remainder out. "Kori..." She uttered, causing the arrowhead to take on a blue glow and give off waves of extreme cold. Once the flame was at eye level, she shot the ice-imbued arrow through the flame. The flame and ice canceled each other out, but the ice backfired and blew Sayuri out of her chair and on her back on the floor, where she stayed unmoving. The arrow landed harmlessly on the floor several feet away.

"What the-" Akako was jarred out of her focus by the pulses she felt, then a small explosion near. She hurriedly cancelled her spell to keep from getting hurt, and looked at the one holding the huge flame, then looked at Sayuri on the floor, not moving. She immediately assumed the worst and turned to the one holding the flame, eyes blazing behind her shades. "What happened to her? Did you do that?" She asked, maintaining a deadly calm in her tone.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Demi had turned his head when Sayuri fell to the ground. His expression was... unmoved. He'd realized that he'd done that, but it was by accident. Again, it was simply his power.

He did, however, notice the tone that Akako had taken with him. He didn't respond however, only maintaining a steady glance at the girl. He made sure to lock eyes with him, making sure to show that if she tried anything, he would retaliate.

--------------------------

The halo had decidedly called for the end of class. "Great work today, everyone!" it congratulated. The students had begun to get up from their chairs. "Please proceed to your next class," the feminine voice stated.

Demi had gotten from his seat, leaving the classroom. They were unable to take the books with them. However, he was sure there would be copies lying in places.

He made to leave the room, neither wanting nor caring for the news on that girl's... condition. Frankly, if he'd spooked her, then it was only her fault, right? However, if the taller one, her albatross he could so say, tries something it would only be self-defense.

Demi looked down to his schedule. The next class was Arcane Science. He made to pop out the digitized map, looking down at it to see his next destination. The boy began to walk at his own pace, making sure to go quickly but keep himself distant from the others.

Blog Entries

"Hey, you! Come back here!" Akako shouted after the boy, ready to give chase. She very well would have, but the sight of Sayuri moving out the corner of her vision derailed her, and she went to her roommate's side. "Neko-chan! Are you okay?"

Sayuri's only response was a cough, then she slowly sat up, covered in ice crystals.

"Ice? But he had fire." Akako said, realizing that the boy wasn't the one who hurt her. "What happened?"

"S-s-samui..." Sayuri whispered, shivering.

"You're forcing me to do this, Neko-chan." Akako sighed, closing her eyes and removing her sunglasses. When she opened her eyes, all she saw was white, and then it slowly faded into a world that was brighter than she was used to. Once that happened, she felt extreme pain in her eyes that moved to branched out to every nerve in her body. Despite this, she focused on Sayuri's eyes, and was taken to moments before, when the boy started his fire, which startled Sayuri and drew her attention like a bird to something shiny. Then her own flame fell into her hands, causing her to panic and throw her flame into the air. Then, in a seemingly impulsive act, she pulled out her bow and an arrow, and fired an ice arrow to extinguish the flame. Yet, for some reason, the ice exploded, which incapacitated her. After seeing that, she was taken back to the present, and saw only Sayuri's captivated expression, and her loud shuddering. "I get it, you got distracted and panicked." She said softly, reaching for her sunglasses.

"...Are you... crying?" Sayuri stammered, watching tears stream down Akako's face.

"No... it just hurts when I take off my sunglasses..." Akako said in a strained tone, putting them back on and wiping her tears. "Ugh... do me a favor, reach in my bag and grab a pill bottle..."

Sayuri nodded, even though Akako couldn't see, and stumbled over to Akako's bag, finding the pill bottle easily. She took it back to her, opening it with some difficulty. She reached in and grabbed one, putting it in Akako's hand.

"Thank you..." Akako whispered, quickly swallowing the pill. "...We're gonna be a bit late..."

((Both opt in.))
    Last edited by Pokemon Trainer Calvin; 8th December 2012 at 05:44 PM.

Blog Entries

OOC: John opts in.

John followed Demi to the next class. He had done well in the first class and hoped to continue. He was worried, after looking at the accident that had ensued. What if he caused, or was the victim of, an accident like that. He wouldn't forgive himself. He looked down at the map. Vanguard was massive, and he was amazed. It was the biggest building that he had ever been in, and he didn't think that he'd ever. A building this big. He continued, going to the next class. It was Arcane Sciences. He wondered what it would be about, given that he knew nothing of celestial matters.

Blog Entries

Nursing a headache from her confusion, Marley made her way to Arcane class. Unaware of what Arcane was either.

Will closed the weighty tome that he was reading in Spellcasting, and he made his way too Arcane. He didn't know a whole lot about it, but he thought that it would be very interesting. And considering his Silver Rank, he would he try his best to get to White Rank.

(OOC: Marley and Will will Opt in for Arcane Science)

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

Samuel and Leo both looked at their lesson carefully before turning to look to the others. Samuel was serious like usual, except this time it was obvious that he was entranced into what he was reading. Leo for one was relieved, as he was a spellcaster he knew a lot about focal points. He held his right hand out and surrounded with with electricity, making the electricity increase slowly. He wished he could control it a bit more though, maybe that would help him be a lot more like his brother.

He looked around and noticed Sam making his books and tools float off the from he had left them, he had his arms crossed and was staring down at the table. Leo just looked down at his book, lost in his own thoughts as he looked around at the others once more, wondering how he fitted in with the group. They then saw the halo come out again.

OOC: Sam and Leo opt in for arcane science.

Yun
    Blog Entries

The children, after sitting in their chairs, were greeted by yet another halo. This one was not yellowish in coloration. Rather, it was a blueish tint. When it spoke up, it spoke in a very calm voice. If one listened closely through the softness of the tone, they would notice that it was male.

"Hello everyone, and welcome to the Arcane Science period. As students enrolled inside of our bastion of an institution, you will be required to perform intermediary - most usually bordering on harrowing - experiments that will increase cerebral proficiency. As such, you will be capable of utilizing the skills learned within this class to add to what I can guess is your limited repertoire of capabilities."

Demi had sat down to look into his book... before looking up at the halo once it had begun its second sentence. Truth be told, he had absolutely no idea what the hell the thing had just said. However, the halo simply glowed brighter, bringing books to the tables of the students. These books were... massive. Looking upon the cover, he saw no logo or title. However, looking down at the sheer thickness of the piece of literature, Demi could only tell that there were well over 2000 pages.

The halo began to speak again. As per with the rules of Vanguard, you have the volition to option out of the learning process. It will not be our condolence should you fail to retain any knowledge prior to testing-" the halo then saw all of the children opening their books to the first page. "... well then. The first chapter is how to create a Hydrogen Dicarbonoxate. You'll find your materials in front of you."

Demi looked up to see the materials. It was a flask, jars and many types of elements. "You have until the end of class to finish," the halo stated. Demi began to read the instructions, and got to work.

(OOC: I'll send you guys the way to do it. Just simply say that your character is performing the experiement.)

Blog Entries

As John entered the classroom another halo appeared. This time it was blue, and John wondered whether it signified the type of lesson being taught. He picked up the book on his desk, a massive codex of scientific knowledge. He knew little of these matters, and decided that it was best to study this too. If he were to get out of the Blue Rank he'd have to do well in the tests. The book in front of him was leather-bound, and he picked it up. It was like lifting a great block of lead, it was so heavy. He flicked to the back, to determine the page number, and whistled at the number. He returned to the first chapter, as the halo explained, listening to the soothing voice of the being. He wondered whether the halo was a sentient creature, a being of artificial intelligence, or a device created by the Academy. He read about the mysterious chemical that he had to try and make, and set to work.

Across the class various chemicals were placed, along with beakers, test tubes and measuring cylinders. Apparently the quantities have to be exact in the making process, or else the creation might turn awry. John thought. He couldn't find a way to measure out the chemicals, so picked up a test tube. If a test tube was one unit, then he could from there make his recipe. He gathered together the chemicals, H, YY, CMN and EE. This was going to be tricky, and he stared down at the equation below that showed how to make it. This would recquire some thinking...

Blog Entries

Sayuri looked at the work they had to do and almost laughed. For her, chemistry was simple. All you had to do was follow the instructions to the letter, have a sharp eye when measuring, and pay close attention to everything. She looked at the ingredients, then at the requirements. After a moment of thought, she started working, doing everything slowly and carefully.

Akako had slightly less of an understanding of what to do, mostly due to a lack of patience for chemistry. She tried to focus on what she was doing, but her migraine pill was making extremely sluggish and sleepy. "Please, let me finish..." She mumbled, struggling to stay awake.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast