ROGUES GALLERY: The First Night (WINNER: STALEMATE) - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: ROGUES GALLERY: The First Night (WINNER: STALEMATE)

Blog Entries

Default Re: ROGUES GALLERY: The First Night (Godzillawolf & Master Mew)

Prowler gave Fate a confused look at this inquiry, "That's a peculiar question, Detective... how should I know? Nobody ever told me!" He chuckled at this, a disturbingly gleeful look in his eyes, "I certainly can't kill myself, that much is abundantly clear... and apparently you can't kill me, either - though for a different reason."

Prowler stepped casually around Fate back to the other side of Sagrera's bed, glancing around the room inquisitively before turning to meet Fate's stare, "You know, I can't help but be curious, is this how it was for you and your sweet wife in her last moments?"

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Fate sighed. "She's one of the things that got me into being a detective, to be honest," he stated. "Seeing what happened...I decided it was time to stop running from my ancestors and become a detective...so I could honestly help people," he stated, looking his way. "It's an awful feeling to see someone you love die and feel helpless...you probably felt the same back then, didn't you?" he asked, not letting Prowler get under his skin. "But like I said before, despite everything we have in common, there's one major difference between us," he continued. "I didn't break like you did..." he stated, turning to look at Prowler. "I pity you. You've lost the ability to see this world how it really is. All you see is evil and hatred. Can you feel compassion for anything anymore? I wonder that much."

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

"Well, I'll settle that question for you now, since you're going to have a lot on your mind tomorrow as it is," Prowler retorted with a grin, "No."

"Now, in all seriousness, I didn't come here to gloat, screw with you, or scare poor Tony here to death," he continued, glancing briefly at Sagrera, "I came here to deliver a message, and since the last time I left you a note, you didn't bother to read it until it was too late, I figured I'd better deliver this one in person."

"I'm hosting a little... shin-dig tomorrow night, a sort of... farewell party, if you will, and it just wouldn't feel right to not have you there..." Prowler now backed slowly away from the bed and toward the window, "Tomorrow night, nine o'clock sharp, Times Square, and don't forget your party favor," he made a motion with his hand reminiscent of flipping a coin, "If you're late, it's your own fault, because I won't be waiting for you."

"Have a nice evening Doctor Sagrera," Prowler concluded with a smile, backflipping out the window.

Fate watched, not bothering to follow. He knew that he'd need to be careful, as it was probably a trap of somekind. He walked to Sagrera's side. "Do you want me to get a doctor?"

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

Sagrera nodded slowly, coughing and breathing heavily as he tried to calm himself.

Fate ran to the door. "Get a doctor in here!" he yelled, before running back in. "Calm down, slow breaths, you need to remain calm."

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

A doctor and several nurses rushed into the room shortly afterward, working feverishly to calm Sagrera down. After several heated minutes, he was stabilized and managed to return to sleep.

June 10 - Seventh & Broadway, Times Square
    8:58 P.M. U.S. Eastern Standard Time
    New York, New York

Small crowds milled quietly about in the heart of the city, unaware of the impending event. The air seemed unusually still, things were about to become very intense, though none knew it yet.

Fate stood on a building, overlooking Time Square. He had no idea what to expect, but he was prepared for anything he could to stop Prowler...he hoped he was prepared enough.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

A high pitched, ringing noise suddenly ripped through the air as the image on the ABC Jumbo Tron began to skew, eventually vanishing to be replaced by an image of the Prowler, who appeared to be standing inside a small, dimly lit room with a concrete wall behind him; the friendly smile on his face belying his intentions.

"Greetings, fair denizens of New York!" Prowler began with a smirk, "Glad to see you could make it! I certainly hope your friend Detective Fate has arrived, because if he hasn't, things could get very grisly..."

"But let's cut to the chase, I don't like to waste time. We're going to play a little game, but before I get to the stakes, let's cover the rules... First of all, no heroic monologues! ...I'm at least a mile away and I can't hear you."

"Secondly, when I offer you a choice between A, B, or C... "D" is not an acceptable answer. Again, I emphasize, choose "D," in any of its many incarnations, and all I will hear is 'all of the above,' and you don't want that..."

"And finally, perhaps most importantly, don't forget that little chat we had the other day about what happens when you don't play by the rules my friend... So, are you ready to play? I certainly hope so, because the game's about to start..."

Fate jumpped forwards and looked up at the Jumbo Tron, listening very intently to everything being said. He knew he had to be quick.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

"Well, Detective Fate, we all know who you are! So, let's meet the other contestants..." Prowler began in his best, disturbingly accurate gameshow-host imitation, before pulling two tightly bound and gagged hostages toward him and into view of the camera, "On our left, we have the affable and ravishing miss Sasha Beaumont!" he began, turning to face the blonde woman with a smile, this was in fact the same woman he had sent home with a bomb two nights prior. "This single-mother of two enjoys long walks on the beach, romantic comedies, and her undergraduate studies in Medicine."

Without hesitation, Prowler immediately turned to the second hostage, "And on our right, we have Mister Alex Thomkins, a wealthy investment banker who's made millions off his less than reputable clientele..."

Prowler's smile suddenly vanished as he turned to face the monitor once more, "One of them had it coming, the other didn't..." he began, as he raised his hands into view of the camera, revealing two revolvers, "Regardless, they will both die tonight... that is, unless our dear friend Detective Fate is willing to save one of them. With one flip of your coin, you could save the life of one of these hostages, changing their fate from ill to well again. Now the question is... Which one?

"Of course, you, Detective Fate, the unrivaled king of the third option will have realized by now there is a way to save them both. By reversing my fate. By changing my fate from well to ill, you could save them both, as both weapons mysteriously malfunction, managing to kill me instead of their intended targets. ...But do you have the resolve?"

Prowler now rather viciously thrust the two weapons against the temples of his hostages, "You'd better decide quickly, because you only have ten seconds, and the timer started when I said 'resolve'..."

Fate snarled, looking at the situation giving it some thought. He only had three choices, let one die, let both die, or kill Prowler. He looked at the Coin of Fates, thinkingo ver the situation, mentally running through the situation and counting down in his head. Then he remembered something, Prowler came back to life twice, one of which was self inflicted, the other inflicted by fierce creatures. The simple facts was, he'd died twice. Nine...how many times had Prowler died? Twice that he knew of...but cats had nine lives. He'd have to gamble on the chance that Prowler would ressurect again to go through with that...

Prowler was too far away to reach in ten seconds and even if he did save Sasha, then Prowler would probably kill her anyway... Fate flipped the coin and caught it, making his choice. The result would occur the moment Prowler pulled the triggers. He'd chosen to reverse Prowler's fate, as he had no choice. And of the three people there, Prowler was strong enough to possibly survive it and Prowler could come back to life. If Prowler came back to life, as Fate believed he would, then nothing would've changed. If he remained dead...well as Fate had said, he didn't lose sleep at night when a villain went to far and got themselves killed.

Ask Pony Discord

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213