ROGUES GALLERY: The First Night (WINNER: STALEMATE) - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: ROGUES GALLERY: The First Night (WINNER: STALEMATE)

Default Re: ROGUES GALLERY: The First Night (Godzillawolf & Master Mew)

Fate listened and nodded. "Alright, thanks," he said, hanging up. "There was an explosion, but the woman was in her bedroom at the time. The front of her house was blown out, that's it," he explained, then turned and started out.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

"Ah, how fortuitious," Troy replied with a relieved smile, "You know, it's very lonely in here. You're my first visitor. Thank you."

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

"You're welcome, now if you excuse me, I'm going to go help repair that woman's house and give her the money for renovations," said Fate. "...You see, I'm not blaming you for that one, it was my fault for not solving your little note sooner. I slacked on it and someone could've been hurt. I admit that and take full responsibility for what happened," he stated simply. "But if you think this is anyway going to prove anything to me, it's not. You're not the first supervillain to do something like that, and you're sure as heck not going to be the last," he continued, then stopped at the door. "Oh, and thank you for the information, you'll get that TV," he said in an intentionally cheery voice before leaving quietly.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

June 9 - High Security Lockdown Facility
    9:09 A.M. U.S. Eastern Standard Time
    New York, New York

The body of Troy Scott Foster is recovered from his high-security cell, apparently having been electrocuted by a recently exposed electrical wire in the wall.

Jarrett wrote a check and handed it to the woman, having spent the morning cleaning out the rubble. "That should cover the damages. You're sure you're alright?"

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

"Yeah," she replied quickly, brushing her blond hair from her eyes, "Just still a little shook up is all, thank you so much."

"You're welcome," said Jarrett, then got a phone call. "Hang on," he said, answering the phone. "Hello?"

"Yeah, Jarrett," said the chief. "Troy was apparently eletrocuted in his cell, we think it was suicide."

Jarrett gasped. "Don't move him out of the cell!"

"We already took him to the morgue, why?" asked the chief, suprised.

"Four years ago he was seen mauled to death by animals at the zoo," said Jarrett. "If he came back to life once he might be able to do it again," he said, then looked to the woman after hanging up. "I've got to go," he said, running to his car and taking off, stopping only to change into Detective Fate's costume, then continuing towards the morgue.

OOC: As genre savvy as these two were, no way Fate wouldn't pick up on that.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

OOC: Naturally, though bear in mind he still has no proof that Troy is the same young man who was declared dead four years ago - the story would seem rather ludicrous to anyone not familiar with the case, and it would seem rather unreasonable to authorities to use taxpayer money to keep a corpse under lockdown.

June 9 - Morgue
    9:53 A.M. U.S. Eastern Standard Time
    New York, New York

The bodies of three workers lie on the floor inside the morgue, the corpse of Troy Foster conspicuously absent.

Fate sighed, looking over it with the police chief. "It's just like you said," the chief stated with a sigh.

Fate nodded. "Four years ago Troy Foster was killed but his body was never found...I kept trying to say Prolwer was someone else, but it looks like I was right," he stated. "Troy Foster has the power to come back from the dead, must be a healing factor or something."

OOC: True, but I don't think he'd care at the moment.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

June 9 - Fredrickson Memorial Hospital
    9:17 P.M. U.S. Eastern Standard Time
    New York, New York

Prowler, once more in full guise, leapt lightly over the edge of the rooftop of the Hospital, repelling down the stone wall as he approached the window of Anthony Sagrera's room, leaning over to peer inside. Moments later, apparently satisfied, he began to work at the windows lock.

Detective Fate waited in the closet of Sagrera's room. It was rather clear why, he knew Prowler was still alive, no matter what anyone else thought. Sagrera was a man that Prowler had gone to massive lengths to try and kill Sagrera, destroyed a major gallery, endangering over 200 people. This wasn't like his previous targets, something about Sagrera cause Prowler to go to gigantic lengths to try to kill him. His previous victims had been high risk, sure...but something with Sagrera had caused Prowler to go way further.

If Prowler would strike anywhere that Fate had a lead, it'd be Sagrera.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

"Oh good, Tony, you're still here," Prowler said sardonically as he climbed in the window, approaching Sagrera's bed.

Sagrera awoke with a start, his eyes flitting around the room in confusion for a moment as his eyes focused in the room's dim lighting. "...What...? But, they... they caught you! They said I'd be safe, that you-"

"I couldn't bear to leave you behind, pal!" Prowler exclaimed with a broad, cruel grin as he sat down on the bed beside Sagrera, "I'm back... scary, when you think about it... isn't it...?"

Suddenly, Fate's grappling hook shot out of the closet, attaching to the ceiling, Fate swinging out with a double kick aimed right at Prowler's face.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

As soon as he heard the hook fire, Prowler vaulted over the bed and across the room to the door, barring it shut as he turned to face Detective Fate, a look of feigned shock and disgust on his face, "Why... you monster! How many more shocks do you think this poor man can take?!" he exclaimed, gesturing to Sagrera, who had begun to breathe quite heavily. "You must be really mad at me... or just plain mad." A mocking smile now marked his countenance as he strode toward Fate, "You know, it's kinda funny, when you think about it... I mean, seriously, think about it! You came here... because you knew I would be here. And yet, I came here... because I knew you would be here. Small world, huh?"

"You're the one whose frightened him," said Fate. "And yeah, I kind of figured you'd be here and knew I'd be here," he said, looking to Sagrera, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Relax...I'm not about to let him get you," he said, then looked to Prowler, stepping forwards and looking Prowler in the eye. "You're right, it seems we were both prepared to face each other again. I knew you weren't dead, well not for real," he said. "You can come back to life, that's your power, isn't it?" he asked. "You can't die permenantly. You'll just keep coming back, is that right?"

Ask Pony Discord

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast