Regenesis (Bad Apple & Charles Dunois)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Regenesis (Bad Apple & Charles Dunois)

Blog Entries

Default Regenesis (Bad Apple & Charles Dunois)

"Physical reconfiguration complete," the woman reported into her headset. "Heart rate is steady for both individuals. No apparent drop in vitals. Operation successful." On the pair of operating tables before her lay a child and a teenager. The process they had underwent lasted for several hours, and the woman had been there for all of it, recording her observations throughout. "Patients will no doubt regain consciousness momentarily." She turned around and pressed a button on her headset. "Cornelius, please come down to operating room 113 immediately."
    "Cor...nelius..."
    The woman turned around to see the child, a boy of about 10 years, open his eyes.
    @Bad Apple;

Blog Entries

Default Re: Regenesis (Bad Apple & Charles Dunois)

There was nothing but darkness and silence. It was as if everything was shut out; her sight, her hearing, even her sense of touch. It was lonely, yet calm. Empty, but peaceful. She began to enjoy it a little, but sooner or later, she would have to wake up.

Elaine slowly opened her eyes, and saw only the eyes of another staring back at her. She had no reaction and didn't move; only stared back. She blinked, took a heavy breath, and did nothing else.
    "HE EVEN GODMODDED THE PANCAKES!" - SA3

Blog Entries

"So you've awakened...excellent. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Dr. Sandy Fontaine, your creator. You may not address me as anything other than Dr. Fontaine." She turned and headed for the door. "I have other matters to attend to. Your assigned supervisor will be here momentarily to brief you on the circumstances of your creation. You are not to touch anything in here--I will know if you do." With that small warning, Dr. Fontaine left the room, the door automatically shutting and locking behind her.

The boy slowly sat up. "I feel weird," he muttered to himself. But he wasn't entirely sure what "weird" was. He couldn't recall anything to compare his current state to; come to think of it, he couldn't recall anything. Who am I?

Blog Entries

OOC: Sandy Fontaine? Have you been playing Bioshock recently? Anyways...

The girl's finger twitched, and she curled her hand into a fist. Then she let it loose again and allowed herself to get used to movement. She did the same process with the rest of her limbs, and quickly became adjusted to them. Her skin was pitch black and hard like a shell, but it was still easy to move in. As she moved her back to sit up, some of her hair fell over her shoulder. It was white and had a spiky look to it, but it had a soft texture. She turned her head to the strange boy for a brief moment, and then looked back down at her own hands.

Elaine... she thought, That's my name, right? She looked at the boy again, wondering if she should say something. However, she felt somewhat afraid to do so.

Blog Entries

OOC: Nope.

The boy noticed a trickle of what appeared to be smoke. His eyes followed it straight to the source: a rip on the back of his right hand. Wh-what's going on? He quickly covered it with his other hand, noticing another tear on that wrist. His skin felt odd...almost like fabric. Glancing aside, he noticed Elaine, and out of shock, jumped off the table.

Blog Entries

Elaine reached out her hand slightly, but quickly pulled it back to prevent the boy from being more startled than he already was. Trying to avoid eye contact, she silently put her feet on the ground and straightened her legs to stand up. She wasn't used to the feeling, so she felt like she was about to fall over any second. She was tall; much taller than the boy next to her. It seemed a bit unnatural, but it didn't bother her, since she wasn't completely sure of what "natural" was.

She had a slight headache, and lifted her arm to touch her head. She didn't know what she was expecting, but what she found seemed odd. It was like she had 5 horns protruding from her head, looking somewhat like a crown. She could feel that it was a part of her body, and not some accessory.

Elaine turned her head slightly, making sure that some of her hair was covering her face. She spoke in a slightly muffled voice,

"Your wrists... are they okay?"

Blog Entries

The boy poked his head up over the table. "Uh...I don't know." He glanced down at his arms and poked a finger into one of the pitch-black holes. When it went down far deeper than his tiny wrists would allow, he quickly pulled it out and shuddered. "N-no...it's not okay at all!"

Blog Entries

"Are you hollow, maybe?" She asked. She wanted to look at the strange tear closer, but she also didn't want to make the doll-like child retreat back to his hiding place. So she remained in her same place.

"Who are you?" she asked.

Blog Entries

"I...I didn't feel anything in there--no insides, no anything." As he pulled himself up, he took note of what seemed to be a skirt around his waist. "And...I don't know who I am."

Blog Entries

"I'm Elaine... I think..." she said, muttering the last two words. The girl did a full turn to see the boy made out of cloth, revealing some of her face in the light. Her blue eyes looked dead, and her nose and mouth were covered by what seemed to look like black armor, thus giving her the slightly muffled sound.

Blog Entries

"Then, uh, n-nice to meet you, E-Elaine..."

The door slid open and a man wearing a paintball helmet entered. "I apologize for being late, Dr. Fonta--" He stopped mid-sentence when he realized the scientist was absent. "Lemme guess, she was all like, 'I have other matters to attend to,' and left you two locked up in here?" His impression of Sandy was extremely far off, sounding more like Batman than anything.

Blog Entries

(Last post for tonight)

Elaine stared at the strange man, and took a step back. She wasn't sure what he was asking, and she didn't know who he was talking about. She simply tilted her head with a questioning look,

"Why are you wearing a helmet?" she asked.

Blog Entries

The man pondered the question for a moment. "That's...on a need-to-know basis. And that's something you don't need to know." Not yet, anyways... He briefly glanced at the doll-like child before returning his gaze to Elaine. "Do either of you have a name?"

Blog Entries

"I think my name's Elaine, but I'm not sure..." The white haired girl shyly looked down at the ground, unsure of what to do or say next. The most she could do was follow the strange man's actions, since he seemed to know what was happening.

Blog Entries

He took another look at the boy. "And you?"
    "I don't think I do..." The child nervously glanced aside. For whatever reason, this newcomer intimidated him.
    "Ah. Now, I believe it's only fair I introduce myself. My name is Maxwell Cornelius." The man bowed very slightly. "You may call me Maxwell if you're so inclined." He paused again. "I'm certain you have many questions. If you'd be so kind as to follow me, I'll answer all of them and more." Maxwell gestured towards the open door.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast