Default The Poketopia Conference

The Poketopia Conference

Rules:

The Colosseums:

Characters:

Tournament Bracket:
    Current Round: Preliminaries

Suggestion:
    A helpful tip to make things more organized: when you're battling, please post your opponents (and teammates if applicable) at the top of your post. Adding in your division also helps.

For example:

Alice vs. Bob
    World Championship - Preliminaries
    Lagoon Colosseum

And here we go...

The lights on the plane began flickering on, as the pilot's voice sounded over the intercom. "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. It is now 8:54 PM, Poketopia time. We are now beginning our final descent towards the island. Please fasten your seatbelts and return your seats to the upright position; we will be landing shortly."

As the announcement ended, the various trainers aboard blinked their eyes at the sudden return of light, a few stretching and yawning before lethargically complying with the captain's orders. A muted buzz of excitement sprang up in the cabin, as the lucky passengers with a window seat caught sight of Poketopia.

Nathaniel Merum smiled broadly in his seat, even as his legs tingled with pins and needles after the long flight. Leaning over with his seatmate, they watched as the island grew larger and larger in their view, the indistinct lights becoming recognizable buildings and arenas. Finally, after five minutes of circling the island, the plane inclined towards Poketopia's airport.

A dull rumble shook through the plane as it touched ground, Nathaniel and the others shaking slightly in their seats. Finally, the plane rolled to a complete stop; the 'fasten seatbelts' light above the passengers' heads switched off. The intercom turned on once more.

"Ladies and gentlemen, you are now free to move about the cabin. Welcome to Poketopia."

OOC: We've just arrived; you're free to describe your exit from the plane and the airport in any way you see fit. And... go!
    Last edited by Renewal; 31st March 2011 at 11:36 PM.

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Poketopia Conference

Calvin

Calvin was woken up from his short nap by the plane landing. He allowed the hamster to get back on the wheel, and took in his surroudings. Everything looked amazing. Calvin could've stared forever, if not for a certain someone suddenly leaning on his shoulder. This someone happened to be his twin sister, Camille. "Hey, wake up, sis." Calvin said in a low tone, shaking her shoulder.

Camille

Camille was jarred awake by her twin brother, Calvin, shaking her gently. She sat up, yawned, and looked around. "Are we there yet?" She mumbled, rubbing her eyes. When she was done rubbing them, she saw for herself. "Oh, Calvin, this is awesome!" She squealed, grabbing his hand and running off the plane, dragging the dull-looking Calvin behind her.
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Blog Entries
    Add MuddyMudkip on Facebook
    Follow MuddyMudkip on Tumblr Visit MuddyMudkip's Youtube Channel

Kimberly Able groaned as the lights of the airplane flickered on. She had this "unfortunate" nature of waking up whenever there was suddenly light. Well, in this case it was not a total loss.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. It is now 8:54 PM, Poketopia time. We are now beginning our final descent towards the island. Please fasten your seatbelts and return your seats to the upright position; we will be landing shortly," the pilot's, or perhaps the pilot's assistant's - she had not really taken much notice, deep voice boomed through the intercom. The announcement seemed to have woken up the other passengers.

Kim let out a yawn as she looked out the aircraft's window. She had been lucky enough to get the window seat - and on the left side, too, so she could see the island as clear as it could get. She ignored the pins and needles that surged throughout her legs and feet as she gazed out to the land below. It was definitely a sight to see.

A few moments afterwards, the plane began it's descent. In a hurry, Kim fastened her seatbelt tightly, bracing herself for the possible rough landing. Her right hand shot into the pocket of her jeans, grabbing a candy. She popped the mint quickly into her mouth as they lowered down to the ground at a rapid speed.

Within a few more moments, a dull rumble shook throughout the plane as it touched the ground of Poketopia's airport. Kimberly breathed a sigh of relief - the landing had not been that rough, and the buzz the rang out through her ears was not that great.

"Ladies and gentlemen, you are now free to move about the cabin. Welcome to Poketopia." As soon as she heard the announcement, she was up and ready for the competition that lay ahead. She had learned that she was probably the only representative of Kanto, which used to be the well-known and very much loved region of the Pokemon world, and this saddened her immensely.

She grabbed her big duffel bag from the over-head cabin as she slung her backpack over her right shoulder. Kim had vowed she would show the other contestants that Kanto did not deserve to be looked down upon - never, ever. She forced a smile as she had noticed her face had a grim frown.

It did not take long for her to get out of the airplane, and out of the airport itself. She inhaled the atmosphere of Poketopia, which she classified as pretty much fresh air. Her face had a confident smile plastered on it as she walked on...
    ..::Active URPG Ranger::..
    A Poem I Wrote
    >>learning through the downs, living for the ups<<
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai-Mei View Post
    Stuff died. Apparently Typhlosion > Chandelure.

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

Anika scan the place from her window. It looks like a big battleground, kind of similar from the last tournament she participated, the battle frontier in Johto. Anika is very confident in this tournament, she's no stranger to battles. Her double championships in Johto and Hoenn proves it.

She then stands up from her seat and she saw other trainers. "Kids~~", she whispered to herself. As she's walking to the plane's exit door, Anika thinks of how proud her father will be if she won this famous tournament. She's very determined to win this.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

Erythro and Leuko

Of the Sait brothers, Erythro had been known to be able to sleep through anything. He had to, sharing a room with the very loud and active Leuko most of his life. He had actually managed to sleep through the entire plane ride, something that both annoyed and baffled the younger sibling.

Leuko was bristling with excitement, anticipation, and that paranoid gut-wrenching fear that comes with being several thousand feet up in the air on a giant hunk of metal heading to a far off island to battle trainers with years more experience than you. He didn't sleep at all. After an eternity, the intercom had sounded, and the white-haired child started to shake his seatmate out of unconsciousness. "Get your seat-belt on," he hissed, feeling like the older brother when Erythro just blinked tiredly at him. Leuko reached across and struggled to fasten the ridiculously mellow redhead's seat-belt for him as the plane started to descend.

Erythro started waking up for real the aircraft landed and the cabin shook. A wide grin split his face as the 'seat-belts on' light switched off, they were actually here!

"Thank Arceus! I thought I was going to die on this hunk of junk!" He heard his younger brother say as the boy quickly unhooked his seat-belt and darted into the isle where he rudely bumped into several other passengers and leaving the carry-on bags they'd brought for Erythro.

Stretching the stiffness out of his arms and legs, the older Sait brother gathered their things and headed out into the airport, scanning the crowds for the AWOL brat. It didn't take long to find the shock of white hair standing impatiently in the luggage area, waiting for the rest of their things to be unloaded from the airplane.
    Friend Codes
    SoulSilver: Somnus: 2193 4629 3419
    White: Neo: 5372 0053 5863

Blog Entries
    Add Meowly on Facebook

Rose jumped exitedly off the plane, heading for the luggage dispenser. Her Glameow followed sleepily. Rose picked up her luggage and began muttering to Glameow. "This is our big chance! I can't wait! Where shall we go first?" Glameow yawned. "Mrow~" Rose laughed. "Lets go outside. Maybe there are some people who can give us directions!" Rose stepped outside into the sunlight. "Oh~ Its so pretty!" She praised. Even Glameow seemed shocked.

3DS: 3265-5284-6420 | Molly
    twitter / steam / last.fm

Blog Entries

Calvin

"Well, it's nice to see you're psyched." Calvin remarked as he followed Camille throughout the grand metropolis. "But could you do me a favor and calm down just a little? At this rate, you're never gonna be able to sleep tonight?" Calvin is, and always has been, the more mature of the two, so he put up with her excitement frequently.

Camille

"Calm down?" Camille repeated,turning to face Calvin. "Calm down?! How could you even think to say something like that?! Do you see all of this?! There is so much to see here! I want to see as much of this as possible before the tournament starts, and you're coming with me."

Calvin

"I am? Oh, joy." Calvin sarcastically said, rolling his eyes. "Seriously, though, all of this is going to be here, and we'll be here for a month. That's plenty of time to see everything, even during the tournament."

Camille

"Of course you're coming with me, who's gonna keep the boys off my back?" Camille giggled. "Wouldn't you like to see as much as possible so you can focus on the tournament? You might find some cool stuff, and maybe even a girlfriend."

Calvin

"I don't have a choice, do I?" Calvin muttered. "Eh, my top priority is to keep you out of trouble, so let's get this over with." With that, she grabbed his hand, and dragged him to the nearest store. Let the torture begin... he thought as he saw this was a beauty shop.

In pain and Insane. British Joe's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Joe yawned quietly as he stepped off the plane, a sleeping Josh in his arms. Rummaging in Joshes pocket for a second, he pulled out a Pokeball and through it into the air. From the red light came Joshes Charizard, Charming.

“Grab ‘im for me, wouldja, Charm?” Joe asked, holding Josh out. Charming growled softly under his breath as he took Josh from Joe and began carrying him.
    I claim Unown J. Fear teh J.

Blog Entries
    Add Meowly on Facebook

Rose looked at the rows of huge shops. "I don't know which one to go for first!" She squealed. Glameow was looking anxiously into a beauty shop. Rose smiled. "Glameow, you wanna go in there?" She asked. Glameow nodded cutely. Rose dashed into the shop, realising too late she'd bashed into someone.

Blog Entries

Calvin

Camille ha just got to the doors of the beauty shop when someone collided with her, knocking her to the floor. He would've gone down with her, but he had somehow manged to get her to loosen her hold on him at just the right time. "You okay?" Calvin addressed both of them, offering his hands.

Camille

Camille had just been knocked to the ground by someone. "Ow! Did anyone get the license plate on that person?" She shouted, grabbing Calvin's hand and pulled herself up. "You okay? You should really look where you're going."

Blog Entries
    Add Meowly on Facebook

Rose grabbed the strangers hand, a little dazed. "Um...fine thanks. Sorry, i need to look where i'm going. Hey...are you here for the tournament?" She asked. Glameow sighed.

Blog Entries

Calvin

"Oh, no real harm done. We're both here for the tournament. I'm Calvin, and this is my twin sister Camille." Calvin said, motioning to Camille with his free hand, and pulling the girl up with the other.

Camille

"Fraternal twins." Camille corrected. "I'm supposing you are too?"

Blog Entries

Clair took in a deep breath of fresh air as she exited the plane and took in her surroundings. Despite the night sky, lights from inland Poketopia could be seen in the distance. She hitched her bag further over her shoulder, before heading into the actual airport itself.

I wonder if there will be any actual competition here? Clair wondered, noticing a boy being carried by a Charizard. This could be an extremely degrading experience if I just completely destroy all of them within seconds. Like playing a video game on 'Easy' mode. I'll look pathetic to the other gym leaders. Clair narrowed her eyes at this thought, before sighing. It was going to be okay.

Right?
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Blog Entries
    Add Meowly on Facebook

Rose smiled. "Nice to meet you Calvin and Camille! I'm Rose, and yep, i'm here for the tournament! This is my Glameow, she's a bit...um..sleepy."
    Glameow yawned at the mention of her name.

Blog Entries

Calvin

"Nice to meet you. Were you taking a tour of the place too?" Calvin said, stretching his arms.

Camille

"We were starting our tour of the place with the beauty shop."Camille said. "Come on, Calvin, we better hurry up if we want to get anything good." She grabbed Calvin's and Rose's hands and proceeded to drag them into the beauty shop.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast