Pokemon: Soul Bonds *START-UP!!!* - Page 2

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon: Soul Bonds *START-UP!!!*

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon: Soul Bonds *START-UP!!!*

Professor Soul turned to Syrena. "It's actually quite simple," he said. "The headsets operate on a frequency that tunes into the basic brainwaves of a specific Pokemon. Next, the headset taps into the memories of the person wearing it, and combines what the person already knows about the Pokemon's feelings with the brainwave data to create a rough image of the Pokemon's emotions and thoughts."

Professor Soul smiled as he got onto the hard part. "Next, the data is sent to our supercomputers, which compares the data to other data collected on that specific Pokemon. The information is logged in the computer and sharpened before being sent back into the headset. The more you use the headset, the more clear the feelings will seem."

Professor Soul turned away and looked at everyone else. "In other words, you hear the Pokemon's thoughts slightly after they are actually thought, and the more you do it the faster they come."
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

At the mere mention of the word "supercomputer", Rotom noticeably perked up.

Dusza nodded. Now was the time to test if he really wanted to get into this whole thing. "I also have a few questions. What exactly would this device be used for in the future, besides the obvious use of enhanced communication with Pokemon? And also, are there any adverse side effects that we should know about?" He wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything about this that he was going to regret.

Blog Entries

Finally, some old dude pitched up and led them into some bright shiny room that burned her eyes, all whilst going; "Blah blah blah, blah blah blah, for the love of God, blah blah blah."

Then, Lai noticed the others putting on the headphones or something, and decided to do the same. Maybe it would block out the old man's blabbing!

"Ack!" Lai cried out slightly when the headset tightened to fit her head. But she could still hear the professor warbling on, especially since the others started asking questions for some stupid reason. Damn them!

Bored, Lai decided to get down on her knees and play her and Scraggy's favourite game-turtleneck, no turtleneck. The game consisted of nothing but pulling the Pokemon's shed skin up and down.

Well, at least they were entertained. For now.
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Blog Entries

Professor Soul turned to Dusza. "In the future, there could be many uses for the device. For example, picture a Pokemon Center where the nurse just has to notice the Pokemon to know exactly what's wrong. We're hoping to develop the headsets to the point where they can rely on the supercomputers alone and therefore have no need for the person wearing it to have a bond with the Pokemon. As for side effects, I wouldn't worry. In the beginning you might experience a few headaches, only because you'll be feeling everything your Pokemon does. However, over time your minds should naturally adjust to tune out everything unimportant."

Cole, normally quite good at paying attention to boring lectures, was pretty confused."Why, exactly, do you need us, then?"

Professor Soul turned to Cole. "You, my friends, are what ties it all together. Without tapping into your memories, we would only know the most basic ideas about how Pokemon think."
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-

Blog Entries

Professor Soul turned to Dusza. "In the future, there could be many uses for the device. For example, picture a Pokemon Center where the nurse just has to notice the Pokemon to know exactly what's wrong. We're hoping to develop the headsets to the point where they can rely on the supercomputers alone and therefore have no need for the person wearing it to have a bond with the Pokemon. As for side effects, I wouldn't worry. In the beginning you might experience a few headaches, only because you'll be feeling everything your Pokemon does. However, over time your minds should naturally adjust to tune out everything unimportant."

Cole, normally quite good at paying attention to boring lectures, was pretty confused."Why, exactly, do you need us, then?"

Professor Soul turned to Cole. "You, my friends, are what ties it all together. Without tapping into your memories, we would only know the most basic ideas about how Pokemon think."

Blog Entries

Dusza started. "Wait a moment. Are you saying that you're going to be delving into our memories?" He didn't like the sounds of that. There were plenty of things had had happened in years past that he had been trying his hardest to forget. Let alone the ones he was trying to keep away from everyone else.

Blog Entries

"Only the specific part of the memories in which you understood what your Pokemon was feeling," Professor Soul replied. "The headsets are advanced enough to steer clear of everything else."

Cole leaned against the wall, studying Soul's face intently. The man showed no signs of lying, and yet there was something he was purposefully hiding from everyone. Cole decided that he would pry it out of Soul slowly until the truth was unraveled. It was best to ask innocent questions right now.

"So, are we going to be living in a hotel, or in this laboratory?" Cole asked. He was truly curious about this, as the cost of a hotel room might be almost as much as he was being paid.

"I've arranged rooms for everyone on the second floor, the northeast wing. If you want to buddy up, it's fine by me, but I don't care if you go alone."

Soul glared around the room. "Just don't go adventuring through the building," he said. "We've, ah, got several other experiments going on. You don't want to disturb the scientists."

Blog Entries

Syrena was slightly alarmed by the man's sudden firocity, and Raiya crooned confusedly.
    I don't care about IVs or EVs, or natures or anything. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and I love them like that.

Blog Entries

Lai suddenly overhead the words 'living here', and snapped back to reality instantly.

"Wait, we have to stay here?!" Lai yelled. "I thought you were just gonna inject some shit in me, gimme my money and let me go! Why the hell do we have to stay here?!" She repeated, her mind running through all those stories she'd heard about experiments. Ones so terrible that they had to be stopped after less than three days because it was so inhumane and the experimentees were not far from Death himself.

Not far at all.

"And what exactly are you planning on doing to us? Sure, we may be your lab rats for a decent price, but that doesn't mean we're not humans!" Lai shouted, slowly inching closer and closer towards the door, ready to leg it, with Chickuhn clutched in one hand.
    Last edited by GoldenrodGOD; 5th June 2011 at 03:14 AM.
    ~ANARCHY SISTERS~
    Youtube [x]

Blog Entries

Professor Soul turned to Lai. "Relax," he said calmly, in a tone one might use on a cornered animal. "In case you didn't hear me earlier, there's absolutely no pain. At all. And it's only a simple headset. All you have to do is show up down here for a few hours every morning and use the device. Now please, come back here. I'll sedate you if things get too... out of hand, but I'd prefer for everyone to hear what I'm saying."

Blog Entries

Dusza crossed his arms, but made no further inquiries. He had the slightest feeling that, at this point, they were trapped. And even though he may not like it, it would be better to play along with this game than to try and take a premature exit, which would inevitably have numerous negative consequences.

Blog Entries

"Now, if there's nothing left to discuss," Professor Soul said, taking a glance at a watch he wore on his wrist, "I'll be leaving. The elevator to your rooms is at the end of the hallway. If you haven't taken a headset, do so now."

Soul punched in a few numbers on an electronic keypad. "The door is set to close in ten minutes, and a force field will turn on to protect the remaining headsets in fifteen minutes. Goodbye."

Soul proceeded to leave the room. He took a few steps into the hallway before turning to a plain, unmarked white door. He punched in yet another code, and the door opened silently. Soul walked in, and the door closed and locked.

Cole pulled out his laptop and opened up Microsoft Word. He typed in two lines of code:

Headset room: 5137
    Unmarked room: 7408

With that, Cole put away his laptop and headed for the elevator. He knew there was something wrong with the whole thing, and Soul had sure seemed nicer before. Shrugging, he proceeded down the hallway.

After making his way inside and being ushered into the headset room, Stanislaus was more supicious than ever. This Professor Soul was fishier than a Magikarp shoal... First this glorified shed of the lab, then the 'other experiments' within that were not to be seen... The good doctor got the feeling that what Soul was up to wouldn't last 3 seconds under peer review, and even less under an ethics tribunal.

Still, there was no evidence and nothing Gormann could do but give Soul the benefit of the doubt for now. After all, the sad fact was plagarism was rife nowadays and Soul's aggression could easily be explained by having his work stolen before. Once bitten, twice shy after all... Making a mental note of the room, he heads out after Cole, planning to make introductions in the sleeping quarters.

Blog Entries

Dusza gave a nod, and made his way to the elevator. Along the way, he spoke in a hushed voice to Rotom. "Please don't mess with the Professor. I get the feeling that your pranks might get us in serious trouble with him."

Rotom nodded. He had picked up that this Soul character was not someone to be trifled with, especially when it would risk such an interesting prospect.

Blog Entries

Syrena and Raiya got on the elevator, polietly keeping thier personal-bubble intact as they thought about everything.
    I don't care about IVs or EVs, or natures or anything. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and I love them like that.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast