MLP: Perquisition is Magic (Mission 0) - Page 2

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MLP: Perquisition is Magic (Mission 0)

Default Re: MLP: Perquisition is Magic (Mission 0)

I peer carefully at the coin. "...aaaand heads. Okay, I'll do my best to lead the team!"

I put it back in my bag after I'm sure Cogs has seen the result.
    (USER WAS BANJO FOR THIS POST)

Perquisition is Magic!

Visit RuBoo's Youtube Channel

"Right. So, now that that's out of the way..." Kitsune said, putting the journal back into his saddlebag. He then turned toward Lucky. "What shall we do, leader? Buy some supplies? Or jump straight into the mission?"

"Well, I think we should probably head for the shops. Better to have it than need it and all that, and if we're lucky we might meet somepony who knows more about the Scrolls than we do." I pause for a moment, smiling, then add, "Also, I'm hungry."

Perquisition is Magic!

Blog Entries

The team decides to head to the Marketplace to purchase supplies before heading out. They needn't go far - as soon as Lucky noses open the door of the Guild hall, the sounds of ponies hawking their wares, scents of fried hay and flowers, and gaudy colors of tents and stalls assault their senses, each competing for the attention of ponies passing by. The shops that stand out to them are:

Shady Deal's Magic Stone Emporium:

"Hey kids, wanna get legit magic stones for cheap?"

Illumination Stone - Creates a bright light. 5 bits
    Fire Stone - Bursts into flames. Used in combat or to ignite objects. 7 bits
    Water Stone - Disgorges 10 oz. water. 7 bits
    Restoration Stone - Heals wounds for 10 HP. 7 bits
    Lode Stone - Creates a powerful magnetic current. 10 bits
    Marker Stone - Relays a message or symbol to anypony who gets near it. 15 bits
    Blast Stone - Explodes violently. 25 bits
    Smelling Stone - Revives an unconscious pony. 50 bits

Black Smith's Gear and Gizmos

"Oy! You look awful under armored for explorers. This gear'll save your hides!"

Chain mail - Raises Stamina by 2. 30 bits
    Plate Mail - Raises your Stamina by 5. 50 bits
    Flight Goggles - Increases Athleticism by 1. Pegasus only. 20 bits
    Amplifier Ring - Increases Perception by 1. Unicorn only. 20 bits
    Steel-Shod Horseshoes - Increases Stamina by 1. Earth Pony only. 20 bits.
    Spear - Increases Strength by 1. 20 bits.
    Magnifying Glass - Increases Streetwise by 1.
    Reference Guide - Increases Intelligence by 1.

General Store

Purchase any random bit of mundane equipment here for 10 bits.

Scrapyard

Upgrade a gizmo's stat bonus for (n x 10) where n is equal to the current bonus. (i.e., if Cogs wishes to use the Scrapyard to increase his Leg to +3 Stamina, it costs (2 x 10 =) 20 bits.)

((The Explorer's Journal has been updated! Stats are now shown! Shady Deal's Magic Stone Emporium has been added to the Glossary! Black Smith's Gear and Gizmos has been added to the Glossary! General Store has been added to the Glossary! Scrapyard has been added to the Glossary! HP has been added to the Glossary!))

Kitsune browses Black Smith's Gear and Gizmos for a while but, as nothing really catches his eye, he turns and walks away from the shop.

After some careful consideration, I purchase some magic stones: a Restoration and a Water. I'm reasonably sure that the colt selling them is being intentionally shady as part of his store's atmosphere, or at least that I'll have a good reason to buck him if his products don't work. I also buy some food, for another bit. That leaves me with 10 bits in my bags.

((Do we get to know how the HP stat is determined? Never mind, just barely noticed it in the glossary.))

((I have to wonder just how the scrapyard works, if it can upgrade things like books and genetic conditions.))
    Last edited by banjo2E; 18th June 2012 at 09:28 PM.

Perquisition is Magic!

(A very good question, Banjo. How does one upgrade a genetic condition?)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by banjo2E View Post
    After some careful consideration, I purchase some magic stones: a Restoration and a Water. I'm reasonably sure that the colt selling them is being intentionally shady as part of his store's atmosphere, or at least that I'll have a good reason to buck him if his products don't work. I also buy some food, for another bit. That leaves me with 10 bits in my bags.

((Do we get to know how the HP stat is determined? Never mind, just barely noticed it in the glossary.))

((I have to wonder just how the scrapyard works, if it can upgrade things like books and genetic conditions.))
    Quote Originally Posted by RuBoo View Post
    (A very good question, Banjo. How does one upgrade a genetic condition?)
    ((An excellent question! I hadn't anticipated genetic conditions as gizmos, but maybe you could get special goggles that enhanced your chameleon abilities? As for the books, I imagined simply getting new entries to guidebooks or sequels or finding a lost chapter in the heap or something. We'll start the mission as soon as Spymodio checks in and confirms whether or not he wants to buy anything.))

Quote Originally Posted by -Glory Blaze- View Post
    ((An excellent question! I hadn't anticipated genetic conditions as gizmos, but maybe you could get special goggles that enhanced your chameleon abilities? As for the books, I imagined simply getting new entries to guidebooks or sequels or finding a lost chapter in the heap or something. We'll start the mission as soon as Spymodio checks in and confirms whether or not he wants to buy anything.))
    ((I think I could come up with a few plausible ways to enhance my vision-based stat bonuses. Also, I just realized: The blacksmith's shop is named "Gear and Gizmos". Does everything he sell count as a gizmo, or is it just some of the things? And when you upgrade gizmos, can you add a bonus to a stat that gizmo doesn't already boost, if you can justify it? The latter would be especially useful if anyone decided to go 100% genetic with their gizmos for roleplaying reasons, but wanted to have more than one of the things.))

Perquisition is Magic!

Aren't I /cool/? Mister Insufferable's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

Cogs looked over everything with a grin spread across his face, before, shaking himself and telling himself to keep the Bits.

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

"Is everypony done shopping?" Kitsune asked. "I looked, but found nothing good."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by banjo2E View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -Glory Blaze- View Post
    ((I think I could come up with a few plausible ways to enhance my vision-based stat bonuses. Also, I just realized: The blacksmith's shop is named "Gear and Gizmos". Does everything he sell count as a gizmo, or is it just some of the things? And when you upgrade gizmos, can you add a bonus to a stat that gizmo doesn't already boost, if you can justify it? The latter would be especially useful if anyone decided to go 100% genetic with their gizmos for roleplaying reasons, but wanted to have more than one of the things.))
    ((Gizmo is the name of anything that enhances stats. Gear is special items that do other things. He sells all non-mundane equipment. You can add non-existing stats to a gizmo, but not yet. That's something that will be unlocked later.))

After the party finishes shopping, they set out through the woods to the Scroll Manor. The, tall, bright oaks and apple trees near Greenwood give way to a veritable thicket of gnarled old fruit trees. There doesn't seem to be a straight or healthy tree in the lot. A thick mat of dead leaves, dry twigs, and rotten fruits cover the ground, making disgusting squelching noises underhoof. A few decrepit, old stone buildings are scattered through the decaying orchard. An overgrown path winds up a hill to an old manor perched at its tip, and a smaller hooftrail winds around the hill's base.

"Kinda creepy." Kitsune said. He grinned. "My kind of place."

I sigh. "I can't believe everypony just let this place go like this. I'm sure the Scrolls would've wanted their orchard to be healthy even with them gone..."

Perquisition is Magic!

Aren't I /cool/? Mister Insufferable's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

"It looks like nopony has lived here for years." Cogs paused and grinned. "My kinda place. Come on- we've adventure at hoof."

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast