MLP: Perquisition is Magic (Mission 0)

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MLP: Perquisition is Magic (Mission 0)

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default MLP: Perquisition is Magic (Mission 0)

@banjo2E
    @RuBoo
    @Spymodio

((OOC: Important words, phrases, etc. will be in bold. Check the bottom of each post to see an Explorer's Journal that keeps you up to date on happenings.))

Graph Paper was starting to get worried. The disappearances were getting more and more frequent. Ponies were avoiding the Greenwood Forest and his town, affecting trade drastically. Something needed to be done, and soon. A sharp crack jolted him out of his reverie - the door to the Explorer's Guild had just been slammed open as a motley crew of ponies entered through the door. There were five of them, led by an orange pegasus with a fiery orange mane and a cutie mark depicting a mushroom cloud. Behind him was his partner, a blue earth pony holding a pencil in her mouth, and a trio of younger ponies - one earth, one pegasus, and one unicorn. The Guildmaster beamed as the group entered. "Blaze!" he called out jovially. "I trust the mission went well?"

The white pegasus nodded. "Of course, Master! You'd expect anything less from the best explorer this side of Ever City?" he asked, then, without bothering to wait for an answer, continued. "The Apprentices performed fabulously! I'd say they'll be ready for their graduation mission any day now." He shot a wink at the three ponies behind his partner, whose ears had perked up at this proclamation. The three - Kitsune, Cogs a-Turning, and Lucky Star, were Greenwood's newest recruits, and were under the tutelage of the Explorer-Mentor Morning "Glory Blaze" Glory, and his partner Quill Scribble. The trio had been under an intense training regimen since they'd arrived in the backwater town, but they'd held up remarkably well. However, it was unheard of for ponies so green behind the ears to face a test mission to graduate to full-fledged explorers so early in their career.

"Excellent!" Graph boomed. "I have the perfect mission for the three of you. Blaze, Quill, you're dismissed." The two older ponies snapped a salute, then left to the commons room in the back of the hall. Graph returned his attention to the rookies. "Now, you're all still relatively new recruits, but you've performed so well on your test missions I believe you're ready for a solo assignment. If the three of you complete this mission without the help of a senior member, you'll rank up to Explorers. Your assignment is simple: A few miles out of town, just past the cemetery, lies Scroll Manor. The mansion belonged to the Scroll Family, but their only surviving member, a unicorn named Papyrus Scroll, mysteriously vanished many years ago. Three months ago, a trade caravan stopped by the manor for the night on the way to Greenwood. In the morning, all but one of the ponies, whom had been standing guard a ways away, had vanished. The incident has repeated itself with varying numbers of survivors again four times over the past months, and the rumors that the town and manor are cursed or haunted are driving away trade. We want you three to get to the bottom of this. Understand?"

((OOC: Welcome to MLP: Perquisition is Magic! You've been offered a mission! Mission 0: What Goes Bump in the Night You take on the role of explorers at the Greenwood Guild, and take on quests for money and fame. You've been under the guidance of a mentor until now, so you'll have to decide among yourselves who the leader of your team will be, then you can either hit the shops or go straight ut to the manor. Have fun!))

Default Re: MLP: Perquisition is Magic (Mission 0)

"Yep, yep! We'll do our best! ^^"

((I won't be able to link my character sheet in my signature for another eight posts yet. Hope you don't mind.))
    (USER WAS BANJO FOR THIS POST)

Perquisition is Magic!

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

Cogs had stayed quite for the most part, but inside was squeeing like a young fanfilly. The team were going on their first mission!

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

Visit RuBoo's Youtube Channel

"Hmph, whatever..." Kitsune said emotionlessly, though with the faintest hint of a smirk.

Outplay the Coinflip -Glory Blaze-'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

As the three ponies talk amongst themselves about the prospect of a mission without Blaze keeping them under control, Kitsune's saddlebags light up with a green glow. While non-explorers may have been startled by an eerie light suddenly appearing in their pack, these three were by now used to the experimental dragon-fire based communication method that had been instated in a few randomly chosen guilds for field testing. Removing a thick journal from his bag, Kitsune's horn glows and the book opens to the end, where a previously pristine page was now covered in scribbly mouthwriting.

Dungeoneering 101
    Team Leadership

Alright, before you rocket off to the mission site, you'll need to choose a team leader. It may sound awful fancy, but it's hard work. Trust me, I am one! Normally it's the highest ranked team member by default, but you three joined up together and you all have equal explorer points, so you'll have to work it out yoursleves. I'd give a recommendation, but you'd all do great - Lucky's infinite optimism, good old Cogs is inventive equuinified, and Kitsune keeps a nice level head in tight fixes. The leader gets the final say on loot distribution, the deciding vote on what to do when you reach a fork or an odd mechanism that could open a door or spray you full of arrows, and all that good stuff, but he's also gotta prevent the team from getting themselves killed and most likely to lose points should something go catastrophically wrong. Choose well!

--Glory Blaze

((The Explorer's Journal has been updated! The Dungeoneering 101 section has been added! Dungeoneering 101: Lesson 1 has been added to Dungeoneering 101! Team Leader has been added to the Glossary! Explorer points has been added to the Glossary! Loot has been added to the Glossary! Apprentice has been updated in the Glossary! Explorer has been updated in the Glossary! Explorer-Mentor has been updated in the Glossary! Guildmaster has been updated in the Glossary!))

((Yes, Glory Blaze is a blatant self-insert author avatar. But GB, you might ask. Why would you do such a n00bish thing? He also acts as the game's tutorial system! If you come across something new that isn't blatantly self-explaining, a potentially confusing mechanic, or hit a scripted event that calls for one, Blaze will send you a Dungeoneering 101 lesson to add to your Explorer's Journal. Quill Scribble also has a purpose that will be introduced soon enough. For now, fight amongst yourselves about who gets to be leader! xD))

"...Says here we need to choose a team leader." Kitsune said. "I'm not one to take on such responsibility." He showed the page to his teammates. "Which of you two wants to try it?"

I smile, bouncing slightly. "Well, I'm fine with any of us, so I guess it's up to you, Cogs! You want to lead, or should I?"

Perquisition is Magic!

Blog Entries

"It's up to you- I just want to find treasure."

"Hmm..." I close my eyes and bring a hoof to my chin. "...Maybe we could flip a coin?" I pull out a bit. "Heads or tails?"

Perquisition is Magic!

Blog Entries

"I'll take tails."

(One would think that the GM would be the coin flipper, being the one who controls chance in-game. Or is someone going to use the good ol' Coin Flip Pokétch app?)

Blog Entries

OOC- I think it'd be best the GM did the coin flippery.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast