Legends of the Forgotten - Page 2

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Legends of the Forgotten

the ultimate fire primate flaming infernape's Avatar
    Spear Pillar, taking over the Torn world and making Sinnoh colder by the minute

It had been a long climb, but finally at the submit, an Infernape laid down and relaxed while, 10 minutes later, its trainer reached the top with him.

"Tell me again, why are we here?" Said the trainer, seemingly to nowhere.

"I thought this would be an interesting place for you to witness," Said a dark voice. Just then his shadow moved away from him and towards the other edge of the cliff, where it formed out of the ground and into Darkrai. "Come and tell me what you see, Melik."

Melik stepped foward next to Darkai, and his Infernape did the same to Melik. "Uh...a bunch of fog?" Said Melik, looking out but only seeing a large cloud of dense mist.

"Yes...wait, no. Fog?" Replied Darkrai, confused by Melik's remark. "I don't know about you, but I see something much more interesting."

"Then I guess we'll have to clear this up, won't we?" Said Melik, taking out another pokeball and releasing the purple baloon pokemon inside. "Drifblim, Defog!"

Melik's Drifblim obeyed without hesitation. Soon the fog cleared, and everyone stared in astonishment.

"Behold, Sendoff Spring, the fourth lake of Sinnoh," Annouced Darkrai. "This is much less public than the other three, but it holds much greater secrets."

"But, this is impossible. There are only THREE lakes, each for the THREE beings. How can there be a fourth?!" Said Melik.

"I don't know. I just wanted to come because this place is told to have a dark, almost evil, feel to it. I've always wanted to come here, but for decades i've been stuck on that puny new-moon island physically, and the dreams of Canalave mentally." Said Darkrai.

"Well, at least now you've done what you always wanted," Replied Melik. "But, I don't exatly feel that dark, ominous feeling here."

"No, you're right," Said Darkrai, turning, about ready to leave. "Perhaps it is just the Turn-back cave at the base of this lake that is rumored so." It saw Melik stare at the small hole way down at the bottom. "But I insist, now is not a good time to go there. The cave defies reality, its layout consantly changes, the rooms rearrange themselves, and in the very heart of the cave lies a powerful monster, capable of controling dimensions. To send you there is like sending you to you're doom." Darkrai continued while slowly becoming Melik's shadow again. "I just wanted to see this place, before...something, happens to it."

"What, what'll happen to it?" Asked Melik, suddenly drowned out by the roaring of helicopters. Loads of them came roaring past, most with a "G" on them, one with an "R". "Come on Drifblim, let's get out of here." Yelled Melik, returning Infernape and letting Drifblim's appendages wrap around him. Drifblim inflated, bringing them both in the air. "Take us anywhere but here." Commanded Melik.

((For later on in the story, I'm assuming Hoenn has the layout from Emerald for Marine and Terra Cave/Abandoned Battle Frontier?))

A huge green serpent soared over Veilstone high above the clouds with a trainer riding on it's back. Donald looked down and saw a dense area of fog - exactally what he needed. He squinted through the cloud and bright sunlight, seeing a sufficient landing place for Rayquaza's large body.

"Let's go down. We need to see if we can find Giratina before Team Rocket or Galactic does." he said to Rayquaza, who started the dive.

50 feet above the cloud of fog, Rayquaza pulled to a stop as Donald looked below. The fog was clearing, revealing the fourth, hidden lake of Sinnoh. Donald looked to one side and saw a trainer, an Infernape, and a Drifblim.

Then he heard the thud thud thud of Helicopters. He swung his head around and saw them - Galactic Helicopters, a batallion of them, led by a Rocket branded aircraft.

"Go up! Now!" shouted Donald, and Rayquaza soared straight up, back into the cloud cover. "We need to find a safe place to land and get you back in your ball. All we need is for those Grunts knowing you're here, Rayquaza."

The green dragon growled slighly, and started to fly slightly to the west until they spotted a large mass of trees. They dove in quickly, Donald jumped off before they even got close to the ground. He landed on one knee and nodded to Rayquaza, pulled out a Pokeball, and returned the green monster.

"Go, Typhlosion!" he shouted, and the large Pokemon appeared. "Let's go, we need to stop Galactic."
    Last edited by dlt4; 18th June 2008 at 11:28 AM.

My Legends of the Forgotten RPG Team
    [/center]

[center]

Melik stared in shock at what he just saw. "It can't be. Rayquaza...in sinnoh? Quick Drifblim, follow it, I have a feeling it doesn't mean trouble, for us anyway."

"And if you're wrong?" Whispered the shadowy voice of Darkrai.

Melik thought about that possibility. A few seconds later he came to a decision. "Drifblim, when that Rayquaza lands, land us..." He stopped, noticing a trainer with a Typhlosion. He didn't know about the fire pokemon, but the trainer looked familiar, just like the one riding that Rayquaza. "On second thought, land us right here. Quickly."

Drifblim started deflating herself, quicker than usual, but Melik had complete trust in her. When the height was good, he commanded Drifblim to let go, dropping the last couple of feet. Grabbing a pokeball, his feet reached the ground, and he called out to the trainer. "Hey, need some help?"

"Yeah. Do you have any idea what lies hidden behind Sendoff Spring?" Donald asked as he walked towards the other trainer. Typhlosion didn't seem too nervous, so Donald wasn't, either. He hoped that his, and Typhlosions, judgement was good. "The legend goes that a Pokemon of Pure Darkness lives there, who can travel through dimensions. I came to make sure it was still there, after all, I've seen what happens when a Legendary Pokemon is removed from it's environment by force. I was about to head in when those Grunts flew through, I think thier going to try and get Girat... the Pokemon."

He'd cut off the name of the Legend said to reside at TurnBack Cave becuase Typhlosion suddenly let out a growl. Donald's body tensed and he suddenly got an eerie feeling. Something wasn't right. There was something hiding nearby, and it was causing Typhlosion to freak. He got the feeling that this trainer was hiding something.

[/center]

[center]

"Only a place called turnback cave. I don't know much about it, other than that its interior constantly changes, and I only heard that from Da..." Melik stopped mid-sentence when he saw his shadow cast him an eerie Blue-eye stare in a 'don't-say-it' way. Thinking of something quick, he continued. "Uh...someone from Canalave. They told me."

It was true, partially. But something else started nagging at Melik's mind. "Wait, if you're going to see this dimension pokemon how are you going to get through the changing floors?"

"Let's see", said Reed, looking at a map, we're right here, he pointed to a spot somewhat south of Vielstone, and Pastoria city is here, he pointed to an area at the bottom of the map.

"Hey," Rolland cut in.

"What?"

"There is a place I want to see near here.", he replied. "It's called Turn Back Cave, a legendary Pokemon is said to live there. If we could go there, maybe we could see if it's there or not. It might give us some clues to what is going on."

"Good point", said Reed. "What's it like?"

"Well, it has lots of fog-"

"That's all I need to know! Go, Mothim!" Reed tossed out a Pokeball that released his Mothim.

"I want you to fly and see if there is anyplace around here with lots of fog. Come back and tell us if you do."

Mothim nodded and flew off.

"I havent figured that out yet, but it can't be more difficult than going through Hoenn. I'm Donald, by the way. From New Bark Town in Johto. I've traveled all over Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn, and I've been in Sinnoh for a year." said Donald. He didn't want to give away too much infromation about himself, or Rayquaza in case this trainer was a Galactic Member or some other sneak.

Tyhplosion was staring at the trainers Shadow with a nervous, defensive look on it's face. Donald looked at Typhlosion, then to the shadow.

"Hey Ty, don't be so rude. It's impolite to stare..." he said, glancing at the shadow again, and, wait, was it? A glimpse of blue on the green grass? Come to think of it, they were under some massive trees but this guy had a shadow....

[/center]

[center]

As Mothim was flying, he noticed a foggy area like the one his trainer discribed. He sored down lower and flew straight into the fog, only to find himself behind two trainers that appeared to be chating. He listend in closley.

Oddly, his noticed one trainer appeared to have a shadow, despite standing beneath a tree.

Blog Entries

((I'm apparently the only one who hasn't met their legendary yet, so I'll try to catch up quickly))

The strange feeling still hung in the cold air, and it seemed as though the Pokémon were afraid of the powerful presence. Even Patrick’s fearless Lucario hesitated for a moment before entering the temple. His Cradily, on the other hand, stopped dead in her tracks. None of the humans seemed to notice her fear; they were too entranced by the majesty of the temple. As the Lucario returned to its trainer’s side, Patrick finally looked back at the Cradily, still shivering in the cold outside. Patrick smiled, having no idea of the level of fear his Cradily was experiencing.

“It’s a lot warmer in here,” he said, holding out an inviting hand. The Cradily stood shivering at the doorway, and by now the others had stopped and were staring at her as well. Patrick read the Cradily’s emotions and realized that she was petrified. He walked over to the Cradily and stood beside her in the snow. The Cradily felt less scared with her trainer with her, but she still refused to enter the building. Patrick reached into his bag and held out the Cradily’s Pokéball.

“You’re welcome to jump inside,” he said with a friendly smile, “I’ll be sure to take lots of pictures to make sure you don’t miss a thing.” The shivering Cradily still refused, not because she wanted to see what lied within the temple, but because she felt obligated to protect her trainer. She forced herself to stop shivering as she stepped into the temple, with her trainer right behind her.

Patrick patted her gently on the head and said, “I’m glad you’re going to join us.” He offered her a sweet poffin, one of her favorites. She shook her head, trying to seem as brave and fearless as her Lucario friend. Patrick offered the poffin to his Lucario, who refused as well, and stuffed it back into his bag.

By now, Anna had continued taking detailed notes of the markings on the temple walls, and Marco checked the height of each wall with his measuring tape.

“Well, I guess I better go do my job,” Patrick joked. He walked deeper into the temple’s first chamber, his Pokémon following him. When he reached the back wall, he peered through the doorway leading to the next chamber. The electric lamp he had didn’t give off enough light to see what was in the next chamber, and his curiosity got the better of him.

“You guys keep working in here,” he said Marco and Anna, “I’m going deeper into the temple to get a basic idea of the temple’s size”. Anna replied with a simple “Yes, sir” without even taking her eyes off her notebook.

“Don’t get lost,” said Marco said in a somewhat friendly tone. His mood was starting to improve with the thrill of being one of the first archeologists to set foot inside the temple. Patrick nodded and beckoned his Pokémon.
    Last edited by Chocolate Bones; 18th June 2008 at 03:01 PM.

"I'm Melik, from Jubilife. Sinnoh's the only place i've been to, but I heard about what happened in Hoenn." Said Melik. Usually, he wouldn't be this open, if you could call it open, but seeing Donald ride Rayquaza, the way he treated it with best regards, told him that this wasn't someone he wouldn't have to oppose, hopefully.

Drifblim floated down next to Melik, Excited over something. "What is it?" Said Melik. Drifblim pointed towards a figure in the sky. "Hm, a Mothim. Those are pretty rare, but it's not exactly something to get excited about."

"No, but that Mothim is ridiculously close to Sendoff Springs." Whispered Darkrai, voice as quiet as a light breeze. "We have to go see what that bug's intention's are."

Mothim made several circals in the air and landed in the tree close to the trainers.

"Let's go. If there is a legendary in there, we'll need to get there before the Grunts do." Donald said. "Typhlosion, return." he said, bringing the Pokemon back. "Melik, I think I can trust you. But first, I need you to do me a favor. Can you have your Drifblim fly up and see if those choppers are still around? I have a pokemon that I don't want them to see."

He'd hoped he could trust Melik.

[/center]

[center]

"Yeah, sure," Said Melik. He turned to Drifblim. "You know what to do." Drifblim nodded, and rose over the trees into the sky. "So shall we get moving?"

Searching the skies, Drifblim spotted that Mothim from earlier, but just barely. Restraining herself from attacking, she continued looking for any helicopters. Drifblim saw some way out in the distance, too far to catch up with, so she went with flying overhead her trainer.

"I take that as them being gone?" Donald said, looking up at the Drifblim. He took out a pokeball with a green dot on the top and held it in his hand. "This Pokemon... is the rarest one I've got. I came across it while in the Hoenn Reigon, and it was hurt, badly. After I took care of it, it decided to come with me. It knew that it's Job in Hoenn wasn't going to be finished, Hoenn was destroyed, so it had no reason to stay. This is my Rayquaza, The Sky High Pokemon!" Donald said, throwing the pokeball up into the air. The Giant green monster emerged and roared, but Donald held his hand up.

"It's all right, he's a friend." said Donald, motioning to Melik. "Together, Rayquaza and I are out to stop what happened in Hoenn from happening in the other Reigons."

[/center]

[center]

Mothim took off back tworeds Reed and Rolland, having seen all it needed to see.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast