Legends of the Forgotten - Page 11

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Legends of the Forgotten

Clarion of Revelations Feliciano's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

"Leave it alone, Professor, please?" Cadence said wearily over her shoulder. "It's what...3 in the morning? You two'll wake all the other guests and get us kicked out of here."

The Digital Pokemon Chargreymonizard's Avatar

"Hmm, true. Then shall we commence battling on the morn?" asked the Professor. "I am interested in how your Pokemon fight."
    My Heartgold team

I am (almost) a "Living Pokédex"

Luigi is the best Pokemon LoudKid's Avatar

Tyrael got up and walked to the window overlooking the beach. The grunts were gone. They wouldn't know that he was the son of Prof. Zeit, but they would still report his presence and description. It was already too late to catch their headquarters off-guard, so he decided it would not hurt his mission any worse to stay longer.

"You know what? Why not? I haven't had a challenging battle since the Indigo League, and I should keep my Pokémon in practice. So whenever you are ready, I will be."

"I see you're still using those annoying nicknames..." That brought Cresselia back down to earth; "Well...seeing as I don't really have a reason to fight him, and he doesn't seem keen on talking, I'm curious as to why you're traveling with Darkrai. He's obviously not as evil as I thought him to be, so maybe you could help me understand his reasons for making people suffer? I mean, this is kinda weird and all, being in the same room with my arch enemy, who is not who I thought he was."

Tyrael turned, and started to make his way back to the door. "As much as the prospect of staying in this room for free entices me, I'll just go down to the beach. I don't think I'll sleep, either, as I took a nap on the boat on the way over here." He stopped.

"Oh, and seeing as you know that one of my Pokémon is a Medicham, I think it's only fair that you reveal one of your Pokémon to me as well? Pick whichever one you wish."

I wish I was White enough to dance like Carlton. He's my hero.

URPG Stats

Blog Entries

Cadence sighed. "If it'll get rid of you..." she muttered, reaching for one of her pokeballs. With a soft touch, a sleepy Blueberry emerged, looking up at her trainer with a tired and confused look on her face. "Sorry, Blue -- you can go back now." Cadence apologized, returning her as soon as she was satisfied Tyrael had had a look. "There. I have a Vaporeon. Happy now?"

[[Not really...as he was talking to Prof. Yew in the context of the upcoming battle. ]]
    Last edited by LoudKid; 10th September 2008 at 11:06 PM.

URPG Stats

"Very well," said Yggdrasil. He tossed a pokeball to the floor, which opened to reveal his Lucario. "This is Lucas, he's been with me since I hatched him. I look forward to our battle."

Meanwhile, Myuu-chan was explaining his theory on Darkrai, "The way I figure it, Darky feeds on negative emotions instead of berries like most Pokemon. Usually he'll just feed off of any nightmare nearby, but if he's starving, or likes the flavour of someone's emotions enough, he'll give someone nightmares to feed from." Myuu-chan yawned and she paced a little before continuing. "So far as I can tell, he's just as interested in saving the rest of the legendaries as the rest of us. After all, I doubt he'd want Lord Arceus to have to get involved, 'cause nobody wants to deal the a pissed of god.
    My Heartgold team

Blog Entries

Cadence lay back, her hands laced behind her head, and looked over at the two psychic pokemon conversing. The back of her eyes stung with sudden, held back tears. Why now? Why was everything in her life falling apart now? She didn't want to have any involvement with this Tyrael guy, but of all the times he had to show up, it had to be now, with her brother gone and Team Rocket running rampant all over everything and...and...

And Cadence blinked. It was morning...she hadn't realized that she had managed to fall asleep. The sun was just about to break completely free of the horizon, and the day promised to be cheerful and sunny. But to Cadence, everything just seemed bleak and miserable. 'What's the point anymore...?' she wondered, turning on her side and facing away from the main room. 'Chase is probably dead by now...they don't need him, I'm sure Team Rocket has some way of controlling Ho-oh without him...'
    Last edited by Feliciano; 11th September 2008 at 09:26 PM.

the ultimate fire primate flaming infernape's Avatar
    Spear Pillar, taking over the Torn world and making Sinnoh colder by the minute

Melik looked around at everyone in the room. With Rhypherior safely back in its ball, Melik walked outside. The sun was rising; he had stayed up all night without realizing it, but the expected fatigue gripped him at a weaker state. He was tired, but barely. Gazing out, Melik watched the morning pokemon were just awakening to the day, while the nocturnal ones were ready to sleep throughout the day that was to come. Joggers were coming out to start their seemingly all-day run.

'Unusual people, they are,' Thought Melik. 'They run almost all day, but only battle in the morning when not many people are up.' Suddenly, something caught Melik's attention that forced him to look up. It had been a while since things have quieted down in the room and he let it loose, but now Darkrai was returning, with hopefully some news in hand.

"So, how'd it go?" Whispered Melik.

"I have looked through countless memories and dreams of pokemon across many miles of here, but only a scarce amount of them saw it. But from them I have been able to guess that they headed North." Replied Darkrai.

"Oh, well at least that narrows it down to...almost every town and city in Sinnoh! "We're pretty down South, so that's not much use" Said Melik in annoyance. Taking a few minutes to let his anger cool and think about it, he continued, "Well, at least we can rule out Pastoria and Sunyshore, just to name a few."

"Yes, and since they went in a Northern direction, we can rule out any cities to the East or West. So that Could leave us with Vielstone or Snowpoint, possibly Eterna or Celestic, and even at a stretch, Solaceon."

"That still leaves us with quite a few places, and I don't know how much time we would have to check all of them," Melik turned to look inside the room. "But at least it's a start. Good work, Darkrai."

Cresselia seemed stunned for a moment as she took in Myuu-chan's thoughts. "Wow...I never thought he needed bad dreams...I feel kind of sorry for him now...But it'll still take a while for me to get used to it." She looked out the non-beach window, and saw Darkrai and Melik below. "I'd still like to get his thoughts on the subject though...whenever he feels like telling me...I'll listen this time..."

Tyrael had made his way back down to the beach, leaving Cresselia in the room with Mew and the others.

The waves had washed away any signs of the scuffle with the grunts, and he turned around and made his way to the eastern shore. A few early-birds were surfing with their Pokémon, most of them on boards, a few using their partners instead. He admired their form in the gaining light for awhile, then returned to the hotel lobby, sitting a chair, thinking about the upcoming battle. There was something lingering in the back of his mind about the professor. He couldn't think of it, so he put it out of his mind as best he could, and instead thought of battle strategy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The helicopter landed deftly on a small outcropping of one of the ashy crags surrounding the peak of Stark Mountain. The grunts fanned out, establishing a makeshift perimeter leading to a small cave in the face of the main mountain. Joel got out, and made his way along the small trail to the entrance, then stepped through, the grunts following. It was a relatively small chamber, only about as big as two two-story houses next to each other, and it was strewn with boulders and volcanic rock. Enough light poured in to illuminate the far side, where a pedestal stood, and on top, a large glowing red stone.

Joel stayed near the entrance, and pushed a Galactic grunt forward while readying Lugia's pokéball.

"Break it."

"Hunh!?"

"The Magma Stone. Break it."

"Uh...o-...okay..."

The grunt stumbled forwards, approached the pedestal and released a Croagunk.

"Use Rock Smash on that glowy-thingy!"

The Pokémon obeyed, grabbing the stone, tossing it in the air, and landing a swift chop to it as it came down. It shattered upon impact, and as it did, so did the pedestal. Well, no, that was more of an explosion, accompanied by a stream of liquid hot magma shooting up from under it. It quickly spread throughout the far side of the room, and the whole mountain shook as the Grunt and his Pokémon were liquefied amidst their shrieks of agony. Red-hot cracks formed all around the room as Joel and the rest of the grunts evacuated, the grunts running for their lives back to the helicopter. Joel stayed nearer the entrance, hugging the cliff wall to steady himself from the mountains tremors, so as not to fall off into the air below.

The tremors slowly subsided, and eventually stopped, the magma flow from the room starting to pour out of the entrance off into the abyss. Suddenly, a huge stream of lava shot out of the room's archway, accompanied by a smaller tremor, and this time, a loud, bubbling roar. As the lava shot past, Heatran appeared inside of it, stepping out as the flow stemmed. It glared at Joel with its red eyes, letting out another earth-shaking roar. Joel tossed the black and silver pokéball upwards, releasing the Lugia into the sky.

"Hydro Pump!"

[[If anyone wants to make a second character with a connection to Entei or Moltres, now would be a perfect time.]]

URPG Stats

Blog Entries

It took Cadence a long time to get up that morning. She simply lay awake, staring out the window, for what seemed like hours. Finally, with a sigh, she sat up, then got heavily to her feet. Myuu-chan and Cresselia were still talking, and, not wanting to intrude, she began walking towards the door, emerging into the light dawn.

Something caught her eye -- Melik and Darkrai, standing in the shade created by the small villa they had stayed in. Slowly, she walked over to them, wondering if she was interrupting something. "Morning, you two." she said in a flat voice as she approached.

(ooc: I have recently discovered while doing some research on Wiki that the Norse Tree of Life, Yggdrasil, is actually a giant Ash tree, not a giant Yew tree as I had thought. I won't be changing the Prof.'s name (just in case the group meets Ash Ketchum or something), but I thought I ought to let you know.)

Yggdrasil woke so smoothly from his quick nap (read: half-an-hour) that anyone observing him would have thought he might have been awake the whole time. His pillow, aka Mewnchlax, awoke with him and returned to his natural form of Myuu-chan.

"Are you sure everyone will be up to battling after so long, Yggy?" asked Myuu-chan.

"I doubt we're that out of practice, my friend. We were always fighting off wild ones in those caves, remember?" Yggdrasil replied, holding forth five Pokeballs of various types. "Now, let us see if Mr. Tyrael is ready for the contest." Myuu-chan nodded and became a Ditto to watch the fight without arousing suspicion of her true form. Professor Yew picked him up and they left the hotel room, ready for their first trainer battle in untold years.
    My Heartgold team

Tyrael was lost in thought about the battle, wondering what kinds of Pokémon the Professor would use, when all of a sudden, Cadence's face popped up in his head. "What? Wait...Why am I thinking of her? I don't even know her name....no...wait.... the one with Rayquaza said it...Pft...I don't even know his name...or the one with Darkrai...But...what was it? 'Candice'? No...Ca-...'Cadence'!...But why am I thinking about her? GAH! What is this?" He shook the thoughts out of his head, and got up, walking outside onto the beach again.

He tried focusing his attention on some of the Wingull soaring overhead. It worked. His mind was simply analyzing, taking in everything about the animal he was looking at. The length of the wings, the individual feathers on those wings, the over-sized beak, the tiny feet, the slight individual differences between the flock members, the number of Wingull in the flock, their actions, their reactions, their relationships, the way they adjusted their wings mid-flight, the amount of different noises they made, the movement of their tails, and more, including their surroundings, and the same details of other nearby objects and Pokémon. He thought about these 3-4 at a time, sequentially, and in rapid-fire. This was where his mind really shone, and where it could become wrapped up in anything, blocking all outside thought just to know and figure out as much as he could about the object(s) of his focus. A most useful tool if there ever was one.

He hated it.

[[Sorry, guys...I don't really have steady access to a computer right now, so I'll probably be posting a lot less, at least for a while.]]

URPG Stats

Donald had slept restlessley that night. The run in with Galactics had his mind reeling at the thought that another Legend was in danger as they left. He'd spent a good hour and a half racking his brian and pouring over a map of Sinnoh, Kanto, Johto and Hoenn, thinking and marking where the legendary pokemon lived at. He crashed after, on the small sleeper couch next to the door.

At dawn, he'd got up and went for a morning walk, bringing all six of his pokemon out with him. Rayquaza flew up high above the early morning clouds, while the others walked next to him, stretching thier legs and arms. He returned to the Hotel and found Melik and Cadence sitting there, talking.

"So, I was thinking. The helicopters flew North, and as far as I know, there's only 3 Legendary pokemon up North in Sinnoh - Uxie, Regigigas, and Heatran. Now, to get Regigigas, you need Hoenn's three Regi's. Uxie wouldn't really be of any use without Mesprit and Azelf. That leads me to believe that they are after Heatran. I think we should go there first." Donald said. He'd thought all night about it - even dreamed it. It was probably because of Darkrai AND Cresselia were there.

My Legends of the Forgotten RPG Team
    [/center]

[center]

Joel had taken to the relative saftey of the helcopter, which was now in the air above the mountain. The battle was going extremely well, Heatran not having the advantage of flight. It had made it's way up the side of Stark Mountain, launching rocks and magma at it's brainwashed adversary, who dodged about half of the anger-fueled attacks, and shrugged off the rest.

Joel leaned out the side of the aircraft, shouting out his orders to the Lugia. He turned his head the other direction, and yelled above the noise of the rotors, "Ready the machine!"

He re-focused on the battle, and gave Lugia another command:

"Earthquake!"

The beast shot up high into the air, then spread its wings wide open, slowing it's decent. It concentrated all it's psychic energies on the mountain as it fell through the sky, then unleashed them. The top half of the mountain seemed to fall in on itself, bringing Heatran along with it. Lugia regained it's concentration, and flapped its great wings a few times to steady itself in the air as it looked on.

Three grunts had brought a strange-looking cannon up to the opening in the side of the helecopter, and the one in back, at the controls of the machine was looking through a scope at the demolished mountain. Heatran roared, and appeared at the top of the rubble, badly hurt, but still wanting to fight. The grunt aimed and fired.

URPG Stats

"So, Tyrael, are you ready to battle?" asked the Professor, fingering what appeared to be a Dusk Ball. "While this may be my first battle with another trainer in a long time, I'm not going to be an easy opponent. And don't worry about Elminster" - he looked pointedly at the transformed Mew - "using any mind tricks, she's just going to watch."
    My Heartgold team

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast