Grey Skies Over Hoenn - Page 7

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Grey Skies Over Hoenn

Blog Entries

Default Re: Grey Skies Over Hoenn

"Whatever you say, Chief." Bryan says, walkig through the portal.

Blog Entries

"I dunno...You tried to steal one of my team members...And you're player narrates in the first person, which is kind of annoying..." Eliot says.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

"Tha's fine then. Sorry. Oh, and.. My player narrates with first person because he's just used to it." I said as I pushed the secret button again. "But if you want, I can ask him to switch."

Blog Entries
    Follow Cariad On Twitter Add Cariad on Google+
    Follow Cariad on Tumblr Visit Cariad's Youtube Channel

Rose stood in awe at the countless people argueing "Thats it! I don't care! I'm going with Eliot and Danny, maybe even Olvia! I don't care how pretty me or my pokemon are!"

Poocheyna and Zigzagzoon agreed by nodding.

Blog Entries

"Yay! All aboard the eldritch portal!" Eliot says, doing a flip through, and finding an Aron in his hands when he exits. "What the an Aron?" He asks, then puts it in a Pokeball. "Oh well. Anyway, yeah, tell your player, it makes it look like he thinks he's you. Which is bad."
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

"Hm, well yeah. I'll tell him. I'll be going then. ....... See ya at petalburg." He then rushed to oldale town, and turned left... He's now on his way to petalburg.

"Go, zoom!" He said as he throw the pokeball containing poochyena to the air.
    "Grr" poochyena growled.
    "Alright, now, zoom, do you want this?" He said as he pulled a pokeblock from the case. "If you can catch up with me, I'll give you this. This is for your first training with me."
    "...*nod*" poochyena nodded.
    "Good. Now, get ready, one, two, three!" He said. He then rushed to petalburg and zoom was chasing after him.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The No More Hero View Post
    OOC: I've actually RPed with Renewal a lot. He's not on very often, so he usually leaves it to players to keep going without him. Otherwise, it'd die really fast.
    OOC: Very true, NMH. You have my sincerest thanks for taking charge like this. Guess my own character will be a semi-recurring Wally-esque character; it'd be awkward for him to just run in now.

And now, some plot magic!

Oldale Town

"Arceus bless you, sirs," the old woman said fondly, wrinkled face even more wrinkled from the broad smile on her face. She waved to the two men as they walked off, side by side, both coolly nodding and acknowledging their thanks.

The one on the left shot a quick glance at his companion as they walked from the old woman's house into Oldale proper. "Helping little old ladies? This is your evil plan?" He raised a fine, silver eyebrow, blue eyes mildly incredulous underneath.

His partner offered a casual half-smile in response, head cocking slightly to the right as he straightened the collar of his subdued, green jacket. Ark hair shaking in the breeze, he threw his head back and chuckled slightly. "Well, I thought about my plan. Step one seemed so simple. And then there's step three: profit! But step two seemed just so... complicated. So I thought: why not start small?"

The silver haired Admin simply palmed his face. "You really have no sense of evil planning, do you?"

The Great Meteor Falls were indeed as great as everyone had claimed. Rocky ledges filled up most of the cave, being blue-gray in color. Sand covered the rocks on the ground; perhaps it fell from the ceiling over time? A calm waterfall and river split the cave in half. There were few rapids, for the water was moving fairly slow. Great, majestic pillars of sand stretched up to the cave's ceiling. Or, possibly, they rained down from it. Joseph gave an astonishing gaze to the beautiful sand pillars. Such marvelousness, such sovereignty. He was surprised and quizzical as to why he has never step foot into this grand spectacle before. A few Zubat littered the air in the cave. Nothing to worry about, thought Joseph, those Pokemon are just trash.

Joseph continued walking along a path that led through the cave. A man-made wooden bridge laid across the river, allowing travelers to pass through. It was rickety but crossable. Joseph thought he had saw something out of the corner of his eye, but when he examined the area, nothing out of the ordinary was present. He continued walking through the sand-covered rocks.

Joseph was about to reach a ledge-filled path leading to the exit when he felt something amiss. He knew he was being preyed upon. To calm himself, he released Padlock the Lotad from its Pokeball. Upon exiting the ball, the Pokemon gazed around at its surroundings. It, too, appeared to have never set foot into this grand cave. Like his trainer, Padlock could then feel something in the area; something watching them.

The sand below their feet starting to tremble. Joseph and Padlock could feel pressure rising from below. They quickly parted from the rumbling spot and braced themselves for whatever was about to happen. The sand rose to a hill, and then it burst apart, sending sand everywhere. Joseph and Padlock were temporarily blinded. When their sight came back, they witnessed their stalker: a Solrock. Shaped like a sun with the body of a rock, the Solrock gazed upon them with its dark, red eyes. It prepared itself for a tackle and lunged at the two.

On instinct, both Joseph and Lotad quickly jumped out of the way. The charging opponent quickly stopped its tackle and turned to face its prey. "Padlock!" Joseph yelled, "use Absorb!" And so his Pokemon obeyed, charging up its power. Energy flowed from the Solrock and into Padlock. The enemy Pokemon twitched slightly but otherwise was unshaken by the assault. It then charged its own power and sent a short, psychic blast flying toward Padlock. The poor Lotad had no time to evade and was struck with the blast.

Padlock was left shaken from the attack, unable to comprehend anything. This allowed the enemy Solrock to go in for another blow, and, using its psychic powers, lifted up a rock from the sandy wall and hurled it at the confused Lotad. "Padlock!" Joseph yelled coldly, "You better dodge this! Or else I'm going to replace you with a Pokemon who can actually put up a fight!"

Upon hearing this threat, Padlock stumbled out of its confusion just in time to dodge the rock. The Solrock did not hesitate in throwing yet another attack toward the Lotad. "Padlock," ordered Joseph, "Use Astonish!" With that, Padlock moved slowly toward the Solrock, then abruptly threw itself at the opponent. The Solrock was stunned, and dropped the rock it was currently holding. This allowed for another counter move.

"Now, Padlock," Joseph said, "You must use Nature Power!" Padlock obeyed. In their current environment on the sandy rocks, the Nature Power turned into the great move Earthquake. This would have done massive damage to the Solrock, but alas, it was levitating above the ground, unaffected by the powerful move. Crap, thought Joseph, what can I do with such weak moves? Can this horrible little Pokemon really do anything? Perhaps I should just catch this Solrock now and-- Joseph swore under his breath. Dammit, I have no Pokeballs!

Joseph buried his face in his hands, trying to think. The Solrock was slowly returning to the action. What can I do, what can I do? Is there nothing? Nothing at all? Let's think, Joseph. What moves does Lotad know? Astonish, Growl, Absorb, Mist, and Nature Power. Nature Power turns to Earthquake on sand, Stun Spore in grasslands, Surf in water, and... and... That's it! Joseph quickly looked around. To the right, he saw the river float behind the rocky corner. Excellent, he thought.

"Padlock! Follow me!" Joseph barked at his Pokemon. Padlock obeyed, and the two hurried off to the river. The Solrock slowly hovered behind them, anxious to finish off its prey. Then, all three of them reached the water. "This is it," Joseph said to no one in particular. "Padlock, Nature Power!"

With great haste, Padlock obeyed the command. He jumped into the water, and a great wave soon appeared to form out of the aqueous body. The wave rushed itself into the Solrock, sending it crashing into the nearest wall. Its eyes closed and it moved no more; the Solrock was defeated.

Rather than giving it praise, Joseph merely said to his Pokemon, "About time. Well, at least I don't have to release you now." However, before it could be returned into its ball, Padlock started to glow. Could this be...? thought Joseph, Could this be that evolutionary process that I've heard so much about? Indeed it was, and Padlock, now encased within a white aura, started to change body structure. It became taller, it grew a thin body, long arms with claws, and slightly less stubby legs. Padlock, once a Lotad, was now a Lombre.
    Current Pokemon Black Team:

URPG Stats

Always challenge yourself in Pokemon. The toughest Pokemon make the game too easy.

Ryu woke up and looked at his alarm clock. His class would end in twenty minutes, and he knew by the time he made his way all the way to Rustboro City from his home in Petalburg, school would be long over. As this was a common occurence, Ryu knew that his classmates wouldn't worry.

As he rolled out of bed and exited the room, Ryu grabbed the Pokeball and pair of pants that were on his dresser. He jogged down the stairs and into his kitchen where he saw that his mother had left a few biscuits. "Hungry Katie?" Ryu asked as he released his Torchic from her ball. Katie nodded joyfully and jumped onto the table to begin her meal.

Ryu grabbed one of his many low-cut v-necks and slipped on a pair of sneakers. He watched in the mirror as he tried to style his hair to have the perfect look of messiness. His look complete, Ryu tossed Katie's Pokeball into his draw-string bag, grabbed his darling Pokemon, and strolled into the outside world, the sun shining brightly. It was a beautiful day for training.

---

Ryu saw from afar as the wild Wurmple was defeated by a much more powerful Zigzagoon. The tiny raccoon trotted back to his smug looking trainer with its own nose held high. Ryu knew how vain the pair were, and something inside him screamed for him to teach them a lesson. Dropping his Torchic, he cupped his hands and shouted at the other trainer. He was Winston, a very wealthy and privellaged boy who's parents had payed top dollar for the best pokemon that was bred by an esteemed breeder in Vendenturf town. "Do you see this Zigzagoon? Looks like somebody stumbled out of their hovel to recieve another beating." From Ryu's scowl, Winston knew he had struck a nerve by bringing up the two trainers' previous battle.

"Last time doesn't count! I didn't know we were allowed to use potions.. Let's go Katie! We can destroy these two!" Katie jumped up to face the Zigzagoon who was eyeing her confidently.

"Just because you can't afford items doesn't mean I have to take it easy on you! Show them what you can do Zigzagoon!" The Zigzagoon turned its back on its opponent and started taunting her by wagging its tail. Enraged, Katie dropped all her defences and charged full force with a scratch attack. With the chick Pokemon only about a yard away, the tiny raccoon dodged to the side and then jumped right back in with a powerful tackle. The Torchic took the blow with low defences and went flying to the side, skidding on the ground before coming to a stop. "What a joke you two are. I suppose better breeding has an effect on Pokemon and trainers, eh?"

The battle continued on this way with Winston's Zigzagoon baiting Ryu's Torchic into attacking, and then dodging and hitting her hard with a counter attack. Katie recieved a thorough beating and inflicted only minor damage. If the battle continued on this way, Ryu would have to deal with another loss to his obnoxious rival.

Blood rushed to Ryu's head, but he tried to remain calm. Katie's and his tempers had been the reason they had lost the last match to Winston. Thinking about what he and his Torchic had worked on, he thought of a plan. "Alright Katie, lets put our new strategy into effect. Use Focus Energy!" At her trainer's command, Katie started to concentrate and draw all of her energy together. The Zigzagoon looked from Katie to Ryu to Winston in confusion, but Winston only looked back with the same wonder. As the move finished, Katie started to emanate waves of energy, and he claws started to glow yellow. "Now, finish off the move! Focus Scratch, now!" Katie lept forward with surprising speed and raked her claws across the Zigzagoon. The attack hit critically, and after wobbling for a few seconds, the Zigzagoon finally fell to the ground, defeated.

Ryu grabbed his beloved Pokemon and jumped into the air with a fist pump. Katie shrieked victoriously as Winston hurriedly put his Pokemon into its Pokeball and rushed home to hide his tears.

---

The sun was starting to set by the time Ryu and Katie arrived back at their home. It had been a good day of training, but nothing had topped the win against Winston. Katie was so exhausted after the day of hard work that Ryu had to carry her, although he didn't mind. She was his little champion after all.

Ryu's mother greeted both of the friends once they got home and asked how their day had been. Ryu put Katie into her Pokeball and sat down with his mother at the table to recount the story about his great victory. It wasn't until about halfway through the battle when Mrs. Tadashi realized that this battle had taken place during school hours.

Ryu would not soon forget the bump on the back of his head and would most likely attend school the next day.
    Last edited by Tadashi27; 5th April 2011 at 05:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Rose worried stepped into the portal, noticing a Tailow flying throgh it aswell. The Tailow looked worried. She wondered for a second if she could catch it.

The Lazy Trainer Ace Trainer Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

((Ah..what was I doing? Oh, right.))
    Olivia wandered around in the tall grass, near a pond, her Ralts' Luxury ball in one hand and an empty pokeball in another.
    "All right, where are the pokemon....Aha!" Olivia spotted a Surskit floating in the water. "That one looks cool...Ok, Go Ralts!" She threw ralts' pokeball in the air. "Ralts..." it siad quietly. "Ok, use confusion!" Ralt's body glowed and it shot a beam of psychic energy at the bug pokemon. the surskit uses bubble, and Olivia's ralts ran away and hid behind its trainer.
    "Oh, come on! It's just bubbles!" Olivia said pushing her pokemon back into the fight. "Ok, now use Confusion again!"
    Ralts used the move again, and the same scene happened again, ending with ralts hiding behind a tree.
    "Agh, forget this. Go, Pokeball!" Olivia threw the empty pokeball at the Surskit but it used bubble and knocked the pokeball into the bushes.
    "Wurmple!" a pokemon cried as the pokeball landed.
    "Huh!?" Olivia siad, running over to where she saw the pokeball land. Once she found it, she saw it was sttill shaking. then it clicked shut.
    "HUH!?" Olivia siad again. She picked up the poke ball and threw it. A wurmple came out. "I caught....A freaking caterpillar?!" she said, glaring at the pokemon.
    Olivia turned around to face the pond and saw the Surskit was gone. She groaned. "Guess I have to put up with what I've got..." Olivia recalled her wurple, and then went over to the tree Ralts was hiding in and recalled it too.

she then looked around her.

"Hey, where did those other kids go?"

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"We're still here." Calvin and Camille said. "Y'know bug Pokemon aren't that bad. theye evolve quickly, meaning they get stronger more quickly. Plus, Wurmple will end up as eith er Beautifly or Dustox." Calvin explained.
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

The Lazy Trainer Ace Trainer Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Hm...Guess that's not so bad." Olivia said. "So, where to next?"

Blog Entries

Rose threw the pokeball at the last second. "I caught a Tailow!" She called. "I'm outta here, meet ya at Oldale!" She called to the group. She ran as fast as she could into Oldale. Realising her pokemon didnt need healing, she headed to Petalburg City.

Registered Trainer Pokemon Trainer Calvin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

"Petalburg, of course." The twins replied. "Come on. Maybe we'll se a rare Pokemon."
    Pearl:3996-6679-5959
    SS:4040-3317-8250
    White:2924-1613-1871
    Battle Record:23-4
    My FF.net profile~*~My new anime fic!~*~My Fanclub
    I am an official member of the Official Bulbagarden Trading Whitelist.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast