A Diffrent Type of Pokemon World *Sign Up!*

Thread: A Diffrent Type of Pokemon World *Sign Up!*

Default A Diffrent Type of Pokemon World *Sign Up!*

Ok, another idea I had, it might be pretty cool, who knows? Its sorta mix of the main series and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Plot: This is another Pokemon World, very diffrent from the others. In this universe, the Pokemon themselves act as the trainers, leaders form teams, they have all the town and tech as in the human world, they even have their own versons of the Pokemon Gyms, Pokemon League, and Pokemon Contests. Our story starts in Kanto and may travel to the other regions if we get that far. There are more than one team that choose to travel togather, there are rival teams, each with their own choices and goals. There are also villians in this world, like any others, including versons of the evil teams, each incarnate of their own signature Pokemon. Will our main characters make it through their trials? Or will they fail?

Normal rules basically, but try to keep it in the same level of content as the real games and series, though I'll allow blood.

There are two types of Pokemon in this, 'civilized' Pokemon and wild Pokemon, wild Pokemon are like in the series, they've shunned the normal life style and normally don't speak, but are capable of it.

'Capturing' works by ether getting the concent of a civilized Pokemon to battle and that if they lose, they'll join your team. Wild Pokemon its a matter of respect. If you beat them and earn their respect, they join the team but have to learn to be civilized and may revert to a 'feral state' in a time of severe anger, which means they act like a wild Pokemon again, forgetting they're friends with those around them. Each team can have up to six Pokemon on it, like in the series but its not a requirement and 'full battles' have the opponent only use as many Pokemon as the other opponent. Also, the team mates are not bond to follow the leaders commands and can deny following if they feel the leader isn't doing a good job or is disrespecting them. They can also choose to do something diffrent than the team's main goal, such as be a Contest Battler while the Leader is wanting to Gym Battle, but should still Gym Battle with their Leader.

Poke Balls still exist and the team Leader holds unto them but they're typically only used to allow their team mates to recover after being knocked out and like in the series, the Pokemon can escape the Poke Ball at will. Also, if all members of the team are knocked out, Team Leader included, the Team Leader is automatically returned to the ball and they're all transported to the nearest Pokemon Center if no one else is there to take them (using the transport system from the series), if they have a team traveling with them, they help, if they lost to a Gym Leader, the Gym Leader does it. Hope that's not too confusing.

Team Mates only require additional bios if you choose to, if not, just discribe them in Team Mates. This changes if the team mate is controled by a diffrent person, in which they make the bio. Also, you may leave a position on your team open to someone else to take.

Gym Leaders are chosen when the time for them to appear comes, they are the 'Pokemon Versons' of their main series counter parts, for example, Erika is a Gloom.

Ok, bios:

Name:
    Species:
    Position: (Team Leader, partner, rival, etc.)
    Goal: (What they ultimately want to do, such as become Pokemon League Champion, Contest Champion, Gym Leader)
    Personality:
    Team Mates: (You have one or none at the begining and may choose to be on someone elses team but you require their permission)

Mine:

Name: Rex
    Species: Poochyena
    Position: Partner
    Goal: Contest Champion
    Personality: Friendly, kindhearted, loves to have fun, a little unconfedient in himself.
    Team Mates: None yet (I'll join the first Team Leader to apply)

Name: Tuck
    Species: Stunky
    Position: Team Leader/Rival
    Goal: Pokemon League Champion.
    Personality: Cruel, nasty, a bully, very self absorbed.
    Team Mates: I need one at first, any takers?

Blog Entries

Default Re: A Diffrent Type of Pokemon World *Sign Up!*

Name: Ike
    Species: Piplup
    Position: Team Leader
    Goal: To get rid of all the evil in the world while having fun at the same time. Also Pokemon League Champion
    Personality: Comedic, usually happy, friendly.
    Team Mates: Rex.
    Last edited by Arcario; 23rd November 2009 at 07:26 AM.

Cool! You're in! Rex will be on his team then.

Once we fill Tuck's Team and get a second Team Leader to go with Ike's team, we'll start. Probably two more people.

Also, if anyone wants to be them, I wouldn't mind having Pokemon versions of the Team Rocket from the series, for conflict/comic relief. They'd be:

Jessie-Ekans
    James-Koffing
    and of course Meowth is still a Meowth.

That's optional but if anyone wants to be them, it'd benefet the story.
    Last edited by Godzillawolf; 22nd November 2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: response to his edit.

Ok, this is the partner pokemon for Tuck

Name: Spitts
    Species: Spinarak
    Goal: Pokemon League Champion and to secretly make Tuck happy
    Personality: mean, bully, but nice inside, wants to make friends
    Team Mates: Tuck

Cool! That's fine.

I think we'll start with one more person.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

Um... I'll be a new Team Leader then.
    Name: Fox
    Species: Riolu
    Position: Team Leader
    Goal: To become a top researcher.
    Personality: Shy, afraid of hurting somebody's feelings, but still friendly. Only opens up to his real friends. Occasionally does stupid things when startled.
    Team Mates: Sly
    Last edited by Vaexa; 28th November 2009 at 02:42 PM.
    Everything is possible in the game of life.

I'll be a partner with you!

Name: Sly
    Species: Vulpix
    Goal: Contest Pokemon
    Personality: Kinda, a little sassy, can be a hot head but has a good heart. She'll die to protect her friends if she has to and is very loyal.
    Team Mates: Fox.

Fox and Ike's teams travel togather. If you want to recruit more pokemon, you can ether ask someone else to be your team mate or just add them yourself, though those must be posted here.

Ok, I'll go post the main RP!

Blog Entries

Name: Tom
    Species: Treecko
    Position: Freelancer
    Goal: Still trying to figure it out
    Personality: Tries to be funny, rolls with it if things don't go his way, tries to figure out a plan, doesn't ;ike confrontation, but knows how to deal with it.
    Team Mates: Currently works alone, but that's mostly due to the fact that he hasn't been asked to join a team.

You're in, feel free to start immidately.

Start up is posted everyone!