Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default The Creation War: Dragonsoul [Start-Up]

@Master Mew; @AmeKren; @Yun; @Pi Face; @Plumbum;

The Creation War:
    DRAGONSOUL

The World:

Plot Summary:

[OOC: Now, in homage to the beginning of most Elder Scrolls games--Skyrim in particular--(some of) our characters start off imprisoned. And on their way to their execution. Fun, isn't it ?]

The cart trundled along on the bumpy path, bouncing about the uneven slope, rattling the chains of those aboard. The gloomy lighting of the tunnel--and the inevitable destination ahead--did nothing to ease the eerie clanking of metal.

"Well, it could be worse," Theon said, a half-smile still, somehow, on his lips. Even the rough, un-sanded boards of the shoddily-built wooden cart--not to mention their impending executions--could do little to dampen his perpetually jovial mood.

Seated across from him, legs elegantly crossed despite the cuffs at her ankles and the length of chain restricting them, Brianna snorted. 'I always regret asking this, but how, exactly?"

Leaning back on the side of the cart, Theon raised his arms--bound at the wrist much like his ankles--and lowered the brim of his hat over his eyes. "For one, they could have executed us on the spot. For two, they could have just had us hung--or decapitated, or gutted, or, you know, some other fittingly gruesome torture--and be done with it. The fact we're here at the Arena means they're expecting a show."

His human companion rolled her eyes. "We're going to be fighting to the death, and I don't plan on just lying down and letting some untrained idiot kill me. There'll doubtless be dozens of guards to make sure we prisoners don't get uppity in the Arena. One way or another, we're all going to die. It wouldn't do to upset the crowd's fun, after alll."

Eyes still obscured, Theon let his half-smile blossom into a full grin. "Just relax, Bri. I have a good feeling about this."

After all, the elven enchanter suspected that no one in the Empire quite understood just how much potential the passengers of the cart had (least of all the passengers themselves). Lunicem would be pleased. The man couldn't have picked a better target.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Creation War: Dragonsoul [Start-Up]

Tuning out what he deemed a mundane discussion, Torveste bowed his head, examining his bindings quietly as he reflected on their circumstances. Gentle puffs of wind danced through his blonde hair, whipping across the elf's face.

"Despair is a petty endeavor," he murmured, abruptly breaking his silence. "Bemoaning the misfortune of our present circumstances is irrelevant. We must look forward, to set our eyes anywhere else is futility."

Blog Entries

Calasanz looked at her bindings curiously. "I see that they didn't much care about the quality off the bindings."

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Beware the blind and the sight-impaired.

Blog Entries

Jago questioned his presence in the prison wagon. These were individuals with extensive mana control, and his ability to control mana was limited. But perhaps technical skill was an excellence all of it's own.

Either way, the technical whiz simply kept a neutral expression and looked straight ahead. He did not interact with anyone. He didn't even make eye contact. He just contemplated his escape plan.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Blog Entries

Calsanz looked around the wagon, taking in the appearance of the other captives. "It's a rather depressing atmosphere in here, isn't it?"

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Beware the blind and the sight-impaired.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Claire sat in the wagon, her eyes closed as her rose-colored hair lie on her face. She was rather tired, a hangover from a night of binge drinking taking its toll on her mind. She didn't want to talk, due to the fact that it would come out as a slurred, broken mess. Frankly, it seemed stupid that they would be taking them to be killed. It didn't frighten her. They wanted to make an example of them. 'If my head wasn't killing me right now, I'd be angry.'

What a fucking pain. Literally.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rolling his shoulders and flexing his hands to ease the tense muscles, Theon offered one last quip as the cart reached the end of the tunnel, as bright sunlight and the faint taste of a warm salty breeze replaced dim torchlight and the dank stench of the Arena's catacombs. "Any last words. Because it looks like the show's about to begin."

The cart rolled onto the flat, sandy floor of the Grand Arena. Squinting and grimacing at the brightness, Brianna craned her neck as best she could despite the restraints. Spearmen garbed in Imperial gold and blue lined the edge of the Arena, easily four dozen strong, four of which smoothly moved from beside the tunnel's mouth to watch the rear of the prison cart. At the center of the Arena were four granite pillars arranged in a rectangle, all eroded and battered with age. And up above the sky was clear and impossibly blue; not a single cloud marred the near overwhelming light of the Aethereal sun.

Yet, dazzled as she was by the light after a night in a dark prison cell, the din of the crowd overwhelmed all else. The front row was dominated by Imperial officials, decked out in everything from somber robes of deep navy to ostentatious affairs of lace and powder blue silk. Behind them were various soldier types, in military blue and gold, many of them also armed and armored.

And behind them were the mob. Where the officials and officers at least had the decency to don formal attire, in the somewhat tasteful livery of the Empire, the crowd was a riot of color and festival wear--and also of motion and bloodlust. Brianna winced at the sight of them--though the bureaucrats were stern, and the soldiers rather bored, the crowd practically seethed, hollering and shouting, no doubt growing louder with the appearance of their cart.

Taken as she was by the sheer presence of the spectators, Brianna barely heard Theon curse across from her. "What is it?" she asked, turning her attention back to the elf.

"Damn, we didn't-- I didn't..." he muttered. "This wasn't in the plan." His lips tightened, and he inclined his head directly before them, on the opposite side of the Arena. Brianna followed the motion with her eyes. There, raised above the rows of benches, surrounded by high walls, and draped in fine curtains--in the customary blue and gold--was the sole box in the Arena. Though the drapery was out of place in the tan stone of the Arena, the box itself seemed rather empty and unadorned, featuring only a single chair of rather plain wood, which was currently occupied.

The box's occupant was, compared to the more eye-watering members of the nobility in the crowd, rather simply dressed, wearing a plain blue coat edged in gold and simple black pants. At this distance, Brianna couldn't make out his features, though a silver band glinted around his forehead. But the exclusivity of his seat could mean only one thing.

"The Emperor himself is here," Theon bit out. "This isn't just a run of the mill execution." He cursed again. "I am going to have words with Lunicem."

Blog Entries

Mugen looked around the area. It was pretty obvious they were going to die. Or at least, supposed to. He decided he'd make up for that by at least giving the audience a show.

"Good morning arena! Gotta say, I've never had such a lovely audience." He said, loud enough for the spectators to hear.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

"At least someone is having fun."

Blog Entries

Jago rolled his eyes, still not having moved an inch.

"Of course. Make their lust for your blood greater."

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Blog Entries

"Fool..." Torveste muttered under his breath, the elf shooting Mugen a scornful glare.

Directing his attention to Theon, he murmured, "You look unsettled, enchanter. More so than moments ago, at least. Not what you had in mind?" It was a weak attempt at sarcasm, to be sure, but ill-humor was understandable given the circumstances.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Claire listened to the conversation, her hair still covering her eyes. Really, all of this noise. Sitting up, she readied herself to leave the cart, shaking her head. Her eyes peaked from under her rosy locks, gazing impassively at a crowd most unperturbed. "Oh joy, a mob," as if the world couldn't get more heartless. That's what they needed, a collective hive mind of complete disassociation and abstract schadenfreude. 'Just like them.'

Then again, she didn't really find herself that much of a victim. She did go around all of the other men, dressed in very little clothing. God forbid her midnight run-ins with those few dangerously handsome imperial guards. A fourteen year-old can only be exposed to and participate in so much before she was labelled an absolute slut. She'd earned that title before she became fifteen. And then, they gave up on her. She struggled to better herself; become at least a semi-productive citizen.

Feh, yeah right. And look where the hell that got her. Smack-dab in the middle of what might be her final moments. 'Screw that,' she thought insolently. She would find a way out, or damn her right to the deepest bowels of the underworld. Looking around, she found her vision skewered by the blur of migraines and hair obstruction. "Note to self... never get drunk before being wheeled off to death ever again."

If she got out of this, she'd make good on the promise. Probably. She wasn't an alcoholic, but she was definitely outgoing with the bottle. Looking into the crowds, she decided that now would be a good time to start thinking. 'Now... who can I use as a distraction?'

Blog Entries

"What? We're supposed to be entertaining the audience." Mugen said. He dropped his voice low. "And I don't know about you guys, but movies where the characters escape from certain doom are always fun in my book. Especially one with such beautiful female leads." He looked at Claire and Calsanz. He wrapped a lock of his silvery hair around a finger.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Calasanz chuckles. "Personally, I believe that if one is in a hopeless situation, one should go out with a bang, no?" "Then again, you never know. Something might happen that let's us make a daring escape." She mused.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Claire looked to Calasanz, her migraine allowing her enough muscle coordination to raise her eyebrow. Still, her hair obstructed the view of her face. Looking to the woman, she decided to reply. "And when that happens, I'm going to make sure I slaughter the guys who brought me here."

Indeed, Claire was never one to show her anger... but damn. They really pissed her off today. It wasn't evident in her voice, but they'd really incensed a dragon, today. Looking again, she saw a couple of guards standing in a lone circle. Perfect.

Time to work. "Oof!" Claire tripped over her foot, falling to the ground. "Ouch... dammit... why?" she put just enough anguish in her voice to convey that sense of helplessness. The bastards would love it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast