Academy of War(signups still open!)

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Academy of War(signups still open!)

Blog Entries

Default Academy of War(signups still open!)

Ok, before I start this RP off officially, time for a little OOC. First off, this is a non-pokemon RP startup, so I'm not exactly sure where this should go. I'm gonna put the start up here for the time being though. Secondly, this RP will have profanity & violence, but I don't think either of them will be very strong or excessive. Signups won't close for a LONG time, so don't worry about that. A few other things though: 1. I can't be on on weekends. If you would like to co-run this game, VM me. 2. Nothing too explicit! No sentences containing lots of naught words, no gruesome scenes of evisceration, and no sex scenes. 3. the language that the Wermech speak is a perversion of German, and since it's being written by someone who knows no German, it should be pretty easy to figure out. However, if you can't figure out something a Wermech says, just ask for a translation and I'll provide it. Now, on to the RP!

A group of teenagers are standing at attention in the courier station in Drolling town, a small speck in the great Eldith empire. They are currently waiting for the craft that will take them to the academy, and to war. Finally, a craft lands and a tired looking courier steps out. He has longish (it comes down to the middle of his neck) straight brown hair, and is wearing a simple brown bulletproof vest over a gray jumpsuit. He has a saber strapped to his left him. It's straight, and doesn't have any ornamentation whatsoever. He looks over the group, but doesn't seem to have any particular thoughts about them.

"Hey, my name is Allen Belmont, and I'll be transporting you to the academy. Any questions?"
    Banner By Genbeeb

Demonic Bass Player JakkuEbansu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Academy of War(signups still open!)

Jakku opened one eye.
    He'd been hanging upside down from the awning of a nearby building.
    "None."
    He smiled, upside-down.
    Not seen my artwork yet? For Shame.
    RESOLVE THIS AT ONCE, YOU IMPUDENT WHELP!
    http://jakkuebansu.deviantart.com/

追放されたバカ
    New york city. there's too much dog shit here!
    Blog Entries

Strider was looking up to the sky. Her didnt really hear a word that the man, so he just said, "no questions here."

Blog Entries

Tyler stood erect and gave a salute. "No questions, sir" was his reply
    "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars."

- William Westmoreland

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

-Douglas MacArthur

Blog Entries

"Then what are you waiting around here for? Get on the goddamned ship!"

After saying that, Allen leads the group into the ship.

"Ok, here's a tour of the ship. Don't touch that, or that, and don't go in those rooms." He says as he points to two rooms, one if the far back, the other right next to the cockpit.

"The one in the aft is where I keep ammunition for the ships cannons. Someone who doesn't know what they were doing could blow this whole ship to smithereens if they went in there. The other one is my room. Even though I'm only a low level courier, I'm still entrusted with important packages that new recruits aren't allowed to see. Break any of those rules, and I'll have to kill you." After looking at the incredulous faces of the group, he adds "No, I'm not joking. Protocol states that anyone not authorized to see my cargo who sneaks a peek must die. So please don't look."
    Banner By Genbeeb

Blog Entries

Jakku remained silent.
    He whistled, boredly.

Blog Entries

"Anyways, besides transporting you to the academy, I'm also supposed to tell you how things work there. First off, you'll need to understand rank. You can pretty much tell how important someone is by looking at their sword. As you can see, my sword is totally undecorated. If not for the fact that I'm actually a soldier, while you're just recruits, we'd be the same rank. You'll be issued swords similar to mine upon arrival. Also, once you get your uniform you'll notice that there will be two armbands you have to wear. One will have a symbol representing your field of study, such as naval officer or cavalry commander, and the other will tell people which year you are. First years, thats you, are green, second years are red, third years orange, and fourth years brown. You may also see some white or black armbands. Those are students studying a couple extra years to become masters at whatever they're trying to achieve. The next time you see them, they'll be your bosses. Now, the instant you receive your sword, you'll become soldiers and be given the rank of private. While you are at school, every person in your year is your equal, and every person in a class above you is in charge of you, no matter what your rank is. One time I saw a private forcing a kid who had just achieved admiral to clean the toilets. However, once you get out in the field, even if just for combat training, rank supersedes age. If someone with a fancy sword tells you to do something, you do it, even if they are younger than you. One more thing. A lot of the students there will be nobles, and almost ALL of the teachers are nobles. While the rules that I just told you are the rules, nobles get away with breaking them a lot. It would be good for you to figure out which teachers were rankers so you can ask them for help if some upper class asshole starts bugging you. Remember, they think they are above the law, and they're right. I made a noble mad once, and I haven't gotten a promotion in twenty years. If you can help it, don't make my mistake. However, if one of those suck up little pricks has it coming, don't be afraid to punch them out. You all got that?"
    Banner By Genbeeb

追放されたバカ
    New york city. there's too much dog shit here!
    Blog Entries

Strider nodded, then smiled. He was finally gonna become a sniper. He didnt want to stay at the academy for more than 4 years, but he did want to become the best sniper in history.

Blog Entries

After a few hours passed in silence, the ship arrives at the Academy of War. After saying goodbye, Allen wanders off to attend to some business and another student shows up at the dock. He's around 5'9", with brown hair cut in a buzzcut and green eyes. The group notices that he has an orange armband, as well as a band with a picture of a fist on it. The sword hanging at his side has a silver hilt, with some gold filigree in places.
    "Greetings, I am recruit major Jean Fallman. I have been assigned to take you to the grand hall for orientation. Follow me."

Saying that, he turned around and walked into the building, with the group following him.

After picking up the courage, Strider asked "Excuse me, but what does that patch on your arm mean? We were told that they stood for areas of study, but not which patch represented which specialty."

"The fist means that I'm part of the elite infantry. An airship stands for naval officer, mountain for army officer, gun for sniper, wing for courier, bird for pilot, and horse shoe for cavalry. Now if there are no more questions, please turn right, and here we are."

The group passes through a large pair of doors into a huge room, with large stained glass windows depicting great victories on the wall opposite the entrance. The room is full of pews, like in a church, and there are teenagers trying to sit at attention all over. At the back of the room, in front of the windows, there is a stage with a podium. A large man wearing a gas mask and with an incredibly fancy sword at his waist stands up and climbs onto the stage just as the group sits down.

"Welcome to the Academy of War. I am the headmaster, fleet admiral Korgan III. I would ask that you forgive this mask, but I must wear it because of a medical condition I have developed. I hope that you will enjoy the next four years of your lives, and that you live many more afterwards. After all, you're no good to the emperor if you're dead!" He starts laughing at his joke, and nervous laughter comes from the crowd.

"Now, without further ado, let me introduce you to your teachers! First, courier fleet admiral Eliza Ruin will be teaching diplomacy..." Before he could finish his sentence, a loud "HAH!" Comes from the row of seats right in front of the podium. Korgan turns towards the miscreant, and even with the mask, you can tell he's glaring "And she will also be teaching espionage. Now, why don't you stand up with her so I can introduce you?" You can tell that Korgan isn't happy with whoever it was.

"Sure!"

To the group's surprise, Allen Belmont stands up, accompanied by a tall, regal looking woman with long black hair, and a sword just as fancy as Korgan's. She's glaring daggers at Allen, who doesn't seem to give a damn.

"I'm Allen Belmont, courier private and this school's new flight instructor. I'm also co-teaching the espionage course, as my dear friend Johnson forgot to tell you."

"Oh shut up Belmont. I'd have had you court marshaled years ago if you weren't such a good pilot. Anyways, brigadier general Stalbeck" A fat man with a big black handlebar mustache stands up "will be in charge of land based tactics. Admiral Escher" A thin man with a small mustache and blond hair stands "will teach naval tactics. Major Malorie" A woman with long black hair pulled into a ponytail and sunglasses rises "will teach combat. Sadly, not all of our teachers could make it today, but I'm sure you will meet them soon. Now, it's time for you to get assigned to your dormitories. On your way out, you will be handed a slip of paper with a number on it. Please show these to your guide, and they will direct you to your dorm." Saying that, Korgan stepped down, turned to glare at Allen one more time, and walked out.

The group was led to dormitory number nine.

OOC: Dear god that took a long time to write!
    Banner By Genbeeb

Blog Entries

Tyler understood immediately, don't make he teachers made and do as the upperclassmen told him,wither he likes it or not.Most likely not. Tyler "Sir, if I may ask what did you do you get put on a blacklist?" Tyler asked as he realized that he had to leave "Tell me next time we meet, if you make it back alive."

While sitting in the large gathering hall Tyler was surprised at the fact that the pilot was in fact a teacher at the school. Tyler looked down for a moment feeling stupid for his last remark before quickly looking back up towards the front.
    Last edited by tyler212; 27th April 2011 at 02:08 PM.

- William Westmoreland

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

-Douglas MacArthur

Blog Entries

While heading towards the dorms, Tyler hears someone calling his name. Surprised, he turns to see Allen coming up behind him.

"Hey! What was it that you wanted to ask me before you left the ship?"
    Last edited by Megaman; 27th April 2011 at 02:12 PM.
    Banner By Genbeeb

Blog Entries

"Um, oh I wanted to know what you did to end up on a blacklist. So I wouldn't end up doing something as bad" Tyler was able to say without felling stupid

- William Westmoreland

-Douglas MacArthur

Blog Entries

Allen starts laughing. "I don't think you have to worry about doing what I did. It was a pretty spectacular screw up. Just one little piece of advice. Avoid Eliza at all costs. She's not understanding at all, and can hold a grudge for a really long time. Most of the time, getting blacklisted will make your life hell for a few years, then keep you stuck in one position for around ten. Also, if you have enough skill, they have to promote you, unless you do something as 'bad' as what I did. Then, all the nobles hate you."
    Banner By Genbeeb

Blog Entries

"I don't intend to. I want to be up in the sky in my own ship as soon as possible."
    Jakku smiled. He was a natural born pilot, and didn't want to be treated otherwise.

Blog Entries

"Thats the spirit! However, if I were you, I wouldn't be quite so eager to have your ship assigned. Do you really think that the nobles would give me good materials to work with? They're hoping to sabotage my class so I get fired by giving me ships that shouldn't be allowed to fly. If you want a ship to use, I suggest saving up to buy your own."
    Banner By Genbeeb

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast