tabletop RPs ont he Forums? Is it possible? - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: tabletop RPs ont he Forums? Is it possible?

Never alone <3 Elphie jasonwolf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: tabletop RPs ont he Forums? Is it possible?

I think we've met a disconnect. this is medieval times not medieval zombies in modern times, at least what I speak of. I'm still talking old school all the way through since medieval zombies would die so fast to modern tech.

demons are stretching it, but I figure something similar may come up in the form of energy beings, that energy being magic.

also jsut noticing this as I said skill would be a more broad thing more like stats this way we don't need to write up every action someone could take.

Blog Entries

I dig. Alright, so kinda Dark Fantasy? And much of the world is controlled by undead and necromancers?

It still would be cool to have some kind of technology, though. Like, the Dwemer in Skyrim. That was awesome. Maybe you could include some kind of element of that?
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Yun
    Blog Entries

Demons would seem like a good reason to explain Dark Magic and such in the world. Adding some depth to the characters here, you could say that Necromancers gained their power from pacts with Demonic Beings. This would also give the RP a little more challenge; instead of simply beating the Necromancers - assuming that we're doing a whole hive mind, "the grunts are defeated if the master is defeated" Amnesia type of thing - you may have to beat the Demon instead.

Also, how are we going to measure statistics, here? Is there going to be lone measurement, or relative comparison? What I mean is, if your character has 9999999 in Magic; is he considered powerful, or is that simply a measurement of how much power he has; and when going up against some with 24 Magic, is he considered strong? I would need clarification on this if I wanted to join something, since people tend to be subject to godmodding on here.

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwolf View Post
    well its not DnD I just use that as my tabletop example as it is the biggest one. I pretty much want to develop this on my own/ with a group of others.

This discussion is really to find people who want to organize an RP with this overall style of both tabletop RPG and forum RP. I'm foreseeing lots of character work and tracking, some great player controlled plots, and more. I just need a team who can get behind it, and push.
    Well, you know that I love a good RP challenge. I can definitely help with this. Just tell me what you need me to do.

Blog Entries

well first things first would be the plot.

so far we have necromancers with zombies who pledged allegiance to demons. We need to figure out where us as RPers come in, why we are doing(or that can be a personal thing),and how we plan to do it.

Blog Entries

Maybe, like, our character's settlement has been destroyed by zombies, and our characters start out trying to find a new home? But then end up having to kill all the bad guys.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

I kinda want to throw in some Zelda aspects too. something like each dungeon is themed, and the loot we get there though not a specific item may be useful in certain situations. EX. a fire temple if we all get a weapon there they have fire enchantments, sot hey all can do things like light torches, burn foes, and roast hot dogs.

EDIT: OR we the bosses may have specific loot, and then we have to pick who gets what both based on class and based on what we need from them. this makes the adventuring require everyones working together and all of their skills.

Heres a scenario: WE have to cross a chasm. I'll be a ranger, Grit you be a (Insert class here), Yun you can be a (again insert class here). pick some general gear for your class then we find out how to cross the chasm.

Blog Entries

Just go outside and chop down a tree and use that. It's not too hard. Or if we want to be more creative, we could go back and pick up the bad guys we killed in the last room, tie them together, and have a corpse bridge. Easy.

My guy's class, is...Um...Farmer. And his gear is a stick and a rock.

Blog Entries

Well then we have nothing to cut down the tree with. I have a bow, fourteen arrows, and leather armor. how would we tie the bodies together we have no rope, and their clothes probably wouldn't support our weight.

Blog Entries

Okay, fine, my dude sharpens the rock and cuts open the bad guys legs and takes out their tendons and uses those to tie them together. And, like, he stabs the stick through the bad guys to weigh them down. Foolproof.

On second thought, farmers should get lots of things...My dude's gear is a needle, thread, a ten-foot collapsible pole, fifty feet of rope, a knife, three bottles of milk, and seven eggs. And a pitchfork.

Blog Entries

ok more reasonable, but still doubt that would work. I was thinking more use your specific skill in this case. A farmer's skills wouldn't be of much help since mostof his work pertains to planting and harvesting. yes he may do well in combat, but his job does not have a lot of problem solving and other skills that help here.

Blog Entries

Why wouldn't that work? Corpse bridges are cool, dawg. Like, okay, traveling to the fortress of doom on a normal bridge over lava is all fine and dandy. But dude, a bridge made of dead bodies? That would be epic. Throw in some power metal and you've got one badass music video.

Blog Entries

it wouldn't be effective though a rope bridge works because the rope is strong enough. a human tendon wouldn't, especially since your character would have no idea how to do that. Corpse bridges are art.

Blog Entries

Dude, corpses are pretty tough. The human body doesn't break easily. And dude, I knew what tendons were back in like third grade.

Blog Entries

your a farmer you have never been to school. the point of this is to show how each character needs to work off each others strong points. I solved this puzzle as soon as you said you had rope, so come on try and find a reasonable one.

Blog Entries

Dude, I didn't even learn it in school. Maybe my dude knew it because he knew how to butcher a cow so he could eat?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast