The Sounding Board - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Sounding Board

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Sounding Board

Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    @Glory Blaze: Well, dragon riders are hardly a unique idea. But yeah, my inspiration was seeing the poster for Inheritance in my local bookstore .

I like the Elemental Weapons and Dragons, as well as the corrupted Spear of Destiny. I'll work on the setting a bit more though. Still, thanks for the great ideas and interest!
    No prob! I'd be happy to help develop the concept more when the other RPs you're hosting start to wind down. :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Flame Haze View Post
    I've been juggling this idea that mostly involves aliens I don't know if you guys would like to hear about it though.
    You should post it. I'm pretty sure it would at least generate a few of our interests!
    Love RPGs? Currently helping a friend of mine on a RP-esque forum, PM me if you're interested!

I'm back! l Paired with ♥ Peaceful Moonlight ♥

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And aliens are always a fun concept. Plus, I don't think there are any open RPs that use it, so why not give it a shot?

Blog Entries

I've been juggling this idea that mostly involves aliens I don't know if you guys would like to hear about it though.
    Crap. That shoves my next project further back. I'd love to see your ideas, though.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

The Dimension Wizard Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I don't think it'll be the same but I'll give it a shot xD

Anyway I was thinking of this idea in which a group of people find a space shuttle that had just crashed on earth. Inside the space shuttle is an alien named Lytlyt who abandoned his planet for the sake of getting to know the rest of the galaxy. He marks the group with special symbols that connect them to him and assigns them the job to teaching him about earth culture, during that time he gets them in trouble a lot with all of the artifacts he's brought though.

After a while the group receives a message telling them that the Lanlerids Lytlyt's race are searching for Lytlyt and that they will be invading the earth in a week the group has to not only prepare but to find a way to alert everyone in the world about the invasion. After this the RP turns into a fight against the Lanlerids as well as recovering Lytlyt from a government lab, this is when the symbols that Lytlyt gave them begins to react giving the group the ability to "Awaken" allowing them to use the same abilities as the Lanlerids whenever the symbol is activated.

I'm still trying to plan it out but that's mostly what I have so far.

Blog Entries

Sounds pretty cool, I like it.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Really?

I love you BMGf friends Milo†icgirl McQüeen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

WHY DOES NOBODY ELSE WANT TO DO A FASHION RP???

Wat iz wrongz wiz uz peoplez? Stoopidz!!! xD

Blog Entries

Really?
    Yeah. I mean, the plot is a bit more finite than the sort of projects I usually undertake, but that can be a good thing if it's your area of expertise. It's certainly a more original idea than I've seen recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheiße † McQüeen View Post
    WHY DOES NOBODY ELSE WANT TO DO A FASHION RP???

Wat iz wrongz wiz uz peoplez? Stoopidz!!! xD
    A... fashion RP?

How would said RP work?

Blog Entries

Have you guys ever tried ANIME RP? I mean, not romance or action thriller, but something along the lines of Adventure. A few would be like Fairy Tail, Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn, ONE PIECE. I was thinking to develop an RP (One Piece) with pretty much simplistic details and whatnot (I tend not to overwrite anything xD). But I have to know, would it gather any attention around here? :D Of course, I don't mind adding in Pokemon as wild Monsters/RPer's companion.
    Love RPGs? Currently helping a friend of mine on a RP-esque forum, PM me if you're interested!

I'm back! l Paired with ♥ Peaceful Moonlight ♥

Blog Entries

They are quite popular. I once ran a 200+ page adventure RP based on Pokemon.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    Have you guys ever tried ANIME RP? I mean, not romance or action thriller, but something along the lines of Adventure. A few would be like Fairy Tail, Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn, ONE PIECE. I was thinking to develop an RP (One Piece) with pretty much simplistic details and whatnot (I tend not to overwrite anything xD). But I have to know, would it gather any attention around here? :D Of course, I don't mind adding in Pokemon as wild Monsters/RPer's companion.
    I have one and Non Pokemon RP too. And there are many many many others around the RPG forums in general.

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, throwing around another idea, tentatively named 'The ARC Project.'

Basically, sometime in the far future, Earth's become your standard desolate wasteland: incredible pollution, environmental devastation, massive overpopulation, etc. The resources necessary to sustain human society are dwindling to almost nothing. So the now-united world government initiates the Alternate Reality Construct Project--the eponymous ARC Project. Thematically, it's essentially a Matrix/Tron expy. By connecting the populace to a massive simulated world and leaving their bodies in stasis, consumerism should drop amazingly fast, with people's bodies needing only the bare minimum to survive. Since most of the population will be doing nothing at all in the real world, the government will then have free rein to slowly clean up and rebuild the world, without any worry of popular dissent.

Of course, such a radical idea needs to be tested, to prove that life in the world of the ARC Project will be better than the hellhole that Earth has become. So the government launches a beta test of sorts, sending various ex-cons, the insanely poor, and all sorts of people who won't be missed into the prototype world for the ARC Project, Dataspace Endymion. Endymion is a paradise, as the testers are free to reshape the data of the world around them.

The central conflict of the RP comes from those who are opposed to the ARC Project. They secretly insert their own agents into Endymion, to sabotage the ARC Project. Thus, the meat of the RP is a blend of various randomness as the players mess around with Endymion, and fighting a cyber war against the saboteurs. So, does it sound viable? Thoughts, criticism, suggestions?
    -Glory Blaze- likes this.

Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook

Sounds like a movie I watched two years ago aside from the whole clean up part and the part of it being only a beta test done for ex cons and other kinds of people. Still a pretty great idea though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    So, throwing around another idea, tentatively named 'The ARC Project.'

Basically, sometime in the far future, Earth's become your standard desolate wasteland: incredible pollution, environmental devastation, massive overpopulation, etc. The resources necessary to sustain human society are dwindling to almost nothing. So the now-united world government initiates the Alternate Reality Construct Project--the eponymous ARC Project. Thematically, it's essentially a Matrix/Tron expy. By connecting the populace to a massive simulated world and leaving their bodies in stasis, consumerism should drop amazingly fast, with people's bodies needing only the bare minimum to survive. Since most of the population will be doing nothing at all in the real world, the government will then have free rein to slowly clean up and rebuild the world, without any worry of popular dissent.

Of course, such a radical idea needs to be tested, to prove that life in the world of the ARC Project will be better than the hellhole that Earth has become. So the government launches a beta test of sorts, sending various ex-cons, the insanely poor, and all sorts of people who won't be missed into the prototype world for the ARC Project, Dataspace Endymion. Endymion is a paradise, as the testers are free to reshape the data of the world around them.

The central conflict of the RP comes from those who are opposed to the ARC Project. They secretly insert their own agents into Endymion, to sabotage the ARC Project. Thus, the meat of the RP is a blend of various randomness as the players mess around with Endymion, and fighting a cyber war against the saboteurs. So, does it sound viable? Thoughts, criticism, suggestions?
    I love the concept, but I'll be brutally honest on one small point: My "aww darn" moment, as an RP'r reading your synopsis, was the following...
    Of course, such a radical idea needs to be tested
    I personally think the concept would incite more enthusiasm if you went ahead and launched the RP in the midst of ARC, already running full-scale - with the "resistance" of sorts, as you mentioned above, working to dismantle ARC from the inside, alongside the bulk of the blissfully ignorant humanity.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast