The Sounding Board - Page 11

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: The Sounding Board

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Sounding Board

Holy MOLY. It has been forever since I visited bmgf. Last time I was here, Roleplaying was still in Fun and Games! Anyways, I was struck by ideas and the best place to throw around ideas about online roleplaying is bmgf, at least in my experience, so I am BACK. Hopefully for a while, X & Y are just around the corner and I like this place so much better than Serebii.

But anyways, ideas. That's what the sounding board is for, right?

1. D&D 4e play-by-post, anyone?
    2. The new 'Collaborative Stories' caught my attention. As soon as I saw it I instantly thought of Ponemurdered, a succession style fanfic inspired by the succession style Dwarf Fortress LP Boatmurdered. The premise was: A group of no-talent hacks authors got together to write a story. The catch is, they didn't discuss any sort of overarching plot. The first author just wrote something and the next author started where the first left off. The second catch was that any given author could only read the chapter directly preceding theirs. The result was an epic tale of plot holes, drama, and more plot holes, and it was glorious. Anybody want to give the same thing a shot for Pokémon?

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Default Re: The Sounding Board

So the other day I remembered an idea I had for-friggin'-ever ago. I envisioned an RP where, when characters battle each other, the RPers actually battle in the games, with their characters' teams. Someone (I don't remember who) pointed out--quite correctly--that it would be far easier to do over Pokémon Showdown, because then you wouldn't need to catch the Pokémon in the event that it's super rare/unavailable. The problem is that in Pokémon Showdown you can have flawless, EV-trained, shiny, good-nature Pokémon muuuuuuch more easily than the games, which means that every character is improbably lucky/strong. I guess it probably balances out, but it's...unrealistic. So what I'm thinking about now is how to regulate things like that. Ideas please!

@-Glory Blaze-; I'm game! Unless that came and went already in which case...yeah.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011