Possible Skyrim RP?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Possible Skyrim RP?

Padawan

Default Possible Skyrim RP?

That's right! I'm looking for anyone who would be interested in joining a Skyrim RP. If you have any ideas, please post them here or if you would like to join, post here.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Possible Skyrim RP?

I wouldn't rule it out, but I would definitely need some specifics on how you plan to implement this before committing.
    Last edited by Master Mew; 30th June 2012 at 10:29 PM.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

I would be interested.

But why Skyrim and not Oblivion?

Also, what would be the plot...

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind... I'll probably end up using my Khajiit in the game...
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mellowaffle View Post
    Because Oblivion was pretty sucky.

Anyway, I'd love a Skyrim RP.
    Master Mew likes this.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Face View Post

This makes me feel an emotion that goes far beyond anger.

Are you twelve?

~Roleplay Padawan~

Same here, I'm in total favor of doing this.

Blazi hasn't been on for a couple of days so I say the few of us start this thing.

Blog Entries

Are you twelve?
    He's right, Oblivion was a disappointment.

Blog Entries

Are you twelve?
    It just wasn't that good. The levelling mechanics made all the encounters exactly the same difficulty. One of the main points of an RPG is watching your character become stronger and the satisfaction you get from going from an area where the enemies curb-stomped you and proceeding to kill everything. But with Oblivion, there's really no point in levelling up. In fact, in many situations, it's a bad thing. That kind of defeats the purpose of an RPG when you don't want to level up. In most RPGs, getting your skills higher helps you. But in Oblivion, if you spend a while talking to people in town to raise speech, your character with almost no weapon skills is going to be killed by Gloom Wraiths. Also, it's a tad unrealistic when you find common bandits running around in armor that would cost thousands of gold.

And then there's the plot. The plot is an extremely cliche Ancient Evil awakens plot. Also, the setting is the same as more or less every fantasy setting.

Now, technically, it is an okay game. I enjoyed it. But it's horrible when compared to the other games in the series. I grew up with Morrowind, and it's still one of my favorite games. The setting is really original, the plot is pretty fantastic, and you can play more or less any character you want. The graphics are dated, yes, and there is limited voice acting, and the combat is a tad simplistic. But I'd take an Elder Scrolls game with bad graphics and mostly text as dialogue instead of one where you have to actively avoid levelling up, the plot and world are boring, and only slightly more interesting combat any day.

I think Skyrim is better than Oblivion as well. It's setting is fairly original, the plot is a little more original, and the combat is better than both of the games before it. Also, the graphics are nicer. Now, granted, I still like Morrowind a tiny bit more, but Skyrim is still a worthy entry into a stellar series. Oblivion simply isn't.

Shall I go on? I think if I try, I can list 50 ways Morrowind is better than Oblivion.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

~Roleplay Padawan~

Are you twelve?
    It just wasn't that good. The levelling mechanics made all the encounters exactly the same difficulty. One of the main points of an RPG is watching your character become stronger and the satisfaction you get from going from an area where the enemies curb-stomped you and proceeding to kill everything. But with Oblivion, there's really no point in levelling up. In fact, in many situations, it's a bad thing. That kind of defeats the purpose of an RPG when you don't want to level up. In most RPGs, getting your skills higher helps you. But in Oblivion, if you spend a while talking to people in town to raise speech, your character with almost no weapon skills is going to be killed by Gloom Wraiths. Also, it's a tad unrealistic when you find common bandits running around in armor that would cost thousands of gold.

And then there's the plot. The plot is an extremely cliche Ancient Evil awakens plot. Also, the setting is the same as more or less every fantasy setting.

Now, technically, it is an okay game. I enjoyed it. But it's horrible when compared to the other games in the series. I grew up with Morrowind, and it's still one of my favorite games. The setting is really original, the plot is pretty fantastic, and you can play more or less any character you want. The graphics are dated, yes, and there is limited voice acting, and the combat is a tad simplistic. But I'd take an Elder Scrolls game with bad graphics and mostly text as dialogue instead of one where you have to actively avoid levelling up, the plot and world are boring, and only slightly more interesting combat any day.

I think Skyrim is better than Oblivion as well. It's setting is fairly original, the plot is a little more original, and the combat is better than both of the games before it. Also, the graphics are nicer. Now, granted, I still like Morrowind a tiny bit more, but Skyrim is still a worthy entry into a stellar series. Oblivion simply isn't.

Shall I go on? I think if I try, I can list 50 ways Morrowind is better than Oblivion.
    Wow.....

You are quite the ranter, good sir.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ColourTheory View Post

Wow.....

You are quite the ranter, good sir.
    ...I was trying to keep it a tad concise, but I felt I needed to explain why I thought Oblivion wasn't very good.

Oh, one more thing: Ever hear of Contact, on the DS? It managed to capture pretty much all of Oblivion, with a better plot and it's all on the DS. If the DS were a console, it would be roughly on the level of an N64, while Oblivion is two generations ahead of it and still not as good.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

Are you twelve?

Ah. Now you explained your reasons, that makes me feel better.

I thought you were one of those people that hopped onto the Elder Scrolls bandwagon when Skyrim was released and was convinced it was the best even though they haven't played the other games.

I personally liked the challenge since I'm different. I get bored of annihilating my enemies without any real effort and I thought that the leveling system was great since even at extremely high levels, I was always challenged. I never really had a problem with the whole gloom wraith scenario since I always used combat/stealth orientated characters and I never really spent much time with mercantile/speechcraft. Now I concede that I really enjoyed the fact that you could change the difficulty at any time in Skyrim because I would normally keep the game at the highest difficulty but if something became too infuriating, I could change it down a notch. The common bandit thing, I just received more satisfaction when I killed them xD Also, nice loot if you don't have that armor piece.

The plot is pretty cliche but I enjoy cliche. But I can see how that is aggravating and how it is very unoriginal.

Gameplay > Graphics. Every time. I see your point, Morrowind was a pretty amazing game.

Skyrim... eh I have mixed feelings about it. I feel that whenever your reach level 40, even if you have it on the highest difficulty, everything is just too easy. That is probably my only complaint though. I really like Skyrim. The plot is very similar to Oblivion. Like Alduin is pretty much the new Mehrunes Dagon and Alduin's bitches servant dragons are pretty comparable to the Mythic Dawn/Daedra.

No, I get your point. I just misjudged you, I thought you only thought Oblivion was shit was because of its graphics or something. But seeing how you are a Morrowind fan, that evidently isn't the case.

Moral of the Story: I see your point but I still love Oblivion as one of my favorite games.

So..... who is going to host this party?

~Roleplay Padawan~

I won't be able to, due to my busy schedule and possible two other RPs I'll be running.

Blog Entries

I like Fallout 3 and New Vegas better than either Oblivion or Skyrim. Lessee...
    Morrowind>>>>>>>Fallout 3=New Vegas>Skyrim>Arena>Oblivion.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get Daggerfall to work on my computer.

It's actually my mother that got me into the games. She's really good at all of the Elder Scrolls games. I remember watching her play Arena as a kid.

Anyway, on that note, I unfortunately won't be able to run a Skyrim RP. I haven't been able to beat it because my mom's been hogging it.

Shhhh
    Blog Entries

I'm afraid I'll have to disagree when you say Fallout 3 and Vegas are equal but we can have that debate another day. I'm tired.

That sucks dude ^^;

You serious? I have friends like you (They got hooked because their parents are gamers) but my parents are pretty much the opposite. They are both vets and they really don't care for video games. I got into video games whenever I got my Gameboy. Add a teaspoon of social awkwardness and a dozen cups of being bullied, you get a gamer kid.

What about Master Mew?

I could run it but I'd prefer to keep my attention on the RP sign ups I'm making xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast