Possible Minecraft RPG?

Thread: Possible Minecraft RPG?

~Roleplay Padawan~

Default Possible Minecraft RPG?

Minecraft...

It's an all around enjoyable game with features that cater to the wants of every player. But, what I want to know is, what would all think of it implemented as a text-based roleplay here on Bulbagarden?

My forming idea for this RP revolves around ordinary teenagers being sucked into the Minecraft world after a freak, unexplicable accident. Being that a levelling system was recently added into the game in previous updates, it also crossed my mind to have a sort of stat system. The GM would control most all of the events occuring in-game that the players must RP around (for example, finding caves, ores, NPC villages, dungeons, controlling weather, biomes, etc.).

Tell me waht you think. If I get a high interest rate, then the RP shall be made.

Default Re: Possible Minecraft RPG?

Though this sounds like a rather nice idea in conceptual thinking, I have to think how would it work out? Like I don't even know how it would work since it would be like God Modding constantly yet it isn't.

If you could explain how it would work a bit more in detail, perhaps I'll become more interested.

~Roleplay Padawan~

I'll give you a possible scenario.

Player A goes mining. Player B goes out look for resources at night.

Player A might say something like: Steve goes grabs his stone pick and with raises it with a strong arm and he begins chipping away at the ground, in hopes of finding some precious minerals.

Player B might say someting similar to this: Bob was in desperate need of resources; he had hardly enough wood for any more tools. Although he was reluctant, Bob ventured outside into the night, making sure to keep his eyes out for any mobs as he began chopping down an oak tree with his fists.

Now that atleast one (the amount doesn't matter) of the players has posted, the GM might say: As Steve drills downward into the stone a cave opens up to his right. Bob suddenly hears a strange hissing noise ringing out in his left ear and, upon turning around, spots a creeper coming straight for him!

Now, it would be the players responsibility to counteract with what the GM had just said. Obviously the RP itself will be in much greater detail, but you get the point.

Would it be PvP?

Like if you could make it kind of battleship esque I think that would be really unique and interesting. Like each player after they make their base would PM its coordinates to the GM and then other players could try to find the other bases. And when you would find them you would have an option to leave it alone or pour lava into it/blow it up with TNT (Destroy it essentially) or try to establish trade.

Player A: Frederick struck his pick axe down near a strange rock near coordinates 50 90 and found Steve's base!
    Frederick emptied a bucket of lava into the hole.

Player B: Steve mined south in terror because Lava was caving in on him.

~Roleplay Padawan~

I suppose so....

Like I said, it's still a W.I.P.

I'm just dumping ideas. I know it sounds stupid but I haven't ever seen anything like it before so that's why I suggested it ^^;

Always room for innovation you know?

All right, anyways sounds interesting. If you make it and you manage to pull it off, I'll probably join.

I'd like to help, and perhaps share a few thoughts. Rather than being sucked in, stranded. Here's the picture- A storm at sea, sinking ship, wake up on the beach made of cubes. This would be more enjoyable, as the characters would have to find out for themselves what's going on. Also? Herobrine. Just... HEROBRINE. I think a regular style RP sounds better than a battleship one. No offence! :)

Read Soul Light, a comic by me about spooky stuff!
    Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Are these hypothetical teenagers trying to escape Minecraftia? 'Cause that'd be a good plot device. I think it'd be interesting if some characters played Minecraft in the "real world" but some didn't.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Herobrine dammit. Herobrine would sprinkle over the plot along with a dash of Endys, creeps and Testifs.

~Roleplay Padawan~

I will take everyone's ideas into account. And yes, the teenagers overall goal is to survive and figure a way back to their world, as to not be trapped in Minecraftia forever.

Herobrine, huh? You read my mind. @Spymodio;

Herobrine might be the source of the problem? He could perhaps watch the players as they journey in a Slenderman-esque fashion.

~Roleplay Padawan~

S-slenderman....

I read that story for the first time yesterday. But. yeah, that works.

I watched the main 3 youtube series, read most stories and even own a book on him. If we can attribute that to him, he'd be a bawss. Also, Cube Land portrays him (Herobrine) well. I recomend watching it.