Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: LOST!! (Out of character) - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: LOST!! (Out of character)

Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: LOST!! (Out of character)

Excellent questions! While it would be interesting to have an RP incorporate each gen as it comes out, this RP is based on the latest version of the pokemon world that is most widely available as we know it. (Black/ White 2)

Same answer for the Trio and Ice badges.
    I like the idea but timeline wise, our plot would be finished before the next game began.

back for now... returnofmastercrazyhand's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add returnofmastercrazyhand on Facebook
    Visit returnofmastercrazyhand's Youtube Channel

Here's my current side story.
    After reaching Kanto, flash flood encounters a vaguely familiar espeon that once belonged to red. The espeon then shows him to "the master" which just so happens to be the sceptile that got traded in exchange for flash flood.the sceptile has a new attitude and is the new leader of all of pallet town. the sceptile then makes fun of flash flood for joining that "silly" quest to free the humans. Then then engage in a short battle which flash flood barely wins by spamming blizzard. Then being a nice Pokemon, proceeds to use a max revive on sceptile who then realizes the error of his ways and joins the quest but in hoenn instead of Kanto. At that point I plan on creating a second character for sceptile and switch stories every now and then.
    I claim pokemon magmaruby, aquasapphire, ultra red, and super blue versions
    text only sigs are dumb.

That sounds like a great story except for one detail, part of the challenge in this RP is overcoming obstacles without a lot to work with and that means each player only gets one main character. (although Sceptile would be fine as an npc)

Blog Entries

oh. just so you know, i am a bad role-player as i mostly hang out in the Fun and Games forum
    Edit: can I have secptile be possessed by a darkrai? I know it's a legendary and part ghost but it makes for a more interesting story.
    Last edited by returnofmastercrazyhand; 2nd August 2013 at 07:04 PM.
    text only sigs are dumb.

Watch as I ooze power! Magical Doughnut's Avatar

Dr.Stein (Arik the Bisharp) wanted me to say that he was on a camping trip when the role-play started, he will be back soon, and that he is sorry for being late.
    ALLONS-Y!!!

Blog Entries

By the way... Can I have sceptile get some hoenn badges that I will reveal later on when I reach mt silver? That way the game could go way faster than it currently is.
    text only sigs are dumb.

"can I have sceptile be possessed by a darkrai?"
    Yes that is fine, side stories are allowed. Just be careful not to make your opponent so strong that it winds up killing your other character.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Doughnut View Post
    Dr.Stein (Arik the Bisharp) wanted me to say that he was on a camping trip when the role-play started, he will be back soon, and that he is sorry for being late.
    No sweat, this RP was set up in a way that everyone would be able to make progress at their own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by that sony nintendo dude View Post
    By the way... Can I have sceptile get some hoenn badges that I will reveal later on when I reach mt silver? That way the game could go way faster than it currently is.
    I thought you were going to have Sceptile turn evil and get possessed? Well anyway to answer your question, npc's may assist a players main character in getting badges but they cannot do it by themselves. (that would be too easy!)

Quote Originally Posted by that sony nintendo dude View Post
    oh. just so you know, i am a bad role-player as i mostly hang out in the Fun and Games forum
    No need to worry, so long as you are more or less within the game rules, the RP is mostly anything goes.

Watch as I ooze power! Magical Doughnut's Avatar

Would this be okay? Dr. Stein's character is brought in by witnessing my attack from the role-play, goes after the Pokemon who attacked me, gets my stuff back, and gets me to a safe place.Then, when my character wakes up, my character tells him about getting the Gym Badges, and they work together for a while.
    ALLONS-Y!!!

Sure but only with Steins permission.

@that sony nintendo dude:
    Everything looks good but Flash flood should be about out of healing potions since the trainers are the ones who would normally carry that stuff around. You could have him find some of the less rare items at a pokemart or someplace but that would come with its own risks from wild pokemon.
    Last edited by ME Grimlock; 3rd August 2013 at 12:09 PM.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also, is it possible to kill one of my own characters, then replace that character with an NPC that the character has met before?
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

I am going to say yes. If a main character dies then they can be replaced but the new mon would need a sign up sheet.

Blog Entries

okay then how about we have sceptile meet up with your character after he escapes devon corp?

Its a bit early in the story for a big meet up. If you are familiar with Final fantasy 3 (for example) all of the heroes go through a bunch of stuff before joining together to smash the bad guy(s). The early part of the rp is the perfect time to build character development and show how your pokemon reacts to different situations. Like if they would fight an enemy pokemon or try to talk to it or even run away if the odds are bad, etc, etc.

Remember that the setting is semi - post apocalyptic and there is no shortage of "evil" (I should say misguided) pokemon to battle but be careful not to create a scenario so difficult that it will be nearly impossible to keep your character alive. (unless you are trying to kill them off for some reason)

As for everyone meeting up, there is no rule against it one way or the other but I doubt it would happen before we started gathering badges together at Mt. Silver. Although another way to go about it could be to go to Mt. Silver first to see who else thought of that and then go looking for badges.

Pokémon centers also tend to attract random npc pokemon due to them being "safe".

@Bad Apple
    Whoa whoa whoa! I did not think that you were actually going to try to clear that Bug gym! Psychic is a good attack skill but its not that good! Pecha would get torn to shreds by the enemies in there! You want a gym that at least has a neutral match up to yours.

Well I mean you could try to get the badge by being sneaky but I would only recommend that as a last resort. Castelia city might be one of the gyms that would be better left for one of the other players to tackle.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey, calm down. If you remember my question about killing off my characters, this is where it comes in.

You know how she's blind, right? There's a lot of poison type Pokemon, and one of them could have easily poisoned her when she was unaware. If you've ever been bit by a bug, you know how impossible it is to catch them while they're biting you or before they bite you. Plus the fact that she's blind makes it even more difficult to find one attacking her. So in other words, I am going to slowly kill her with poison since psychic doesn't defend against poison, and there's not even going to be a battle between her and the Volcarona. I made the bug-types so weak because the majority of them were Venipedes, I just didn't describe them because not even Pecha knew what they looked like. So they'd still be weak to her since bug-types don't defend against psychic types, and since they're half poison, they're damaged x2.

So yeah, I'm going to purposefully kill her off before she can even get to the next gym.
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast