Thread: PMD: True Strength - Discussion Thread

Overthinking Everything xelda57's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+
    Follow xelda57 on Tumblr Visit xelda57's Youtube Channel

Default Re: PMD: True Strength - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialSunlight
    Matthew called into the opening.
    If that's the case, could you be a little more clear that it wasn't out loud next time? ^^
    Links to stuff.
    I also might start a webcomic soon, but that'll be linked to when it happens.

Creature - Rat Cleric ImperialSunlight's Avatar

Visit ImperialSunlight's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by xelda57 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ImperialSunlight
    Matthew called into the opening.
    If that's the case, could you be a little more clear that it wasn't out loud next time? ^^
    Oh, I thought you were talking about the other post. xD
    "A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
    URPG STATS | The Sunless - 0

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@SquadalaGuy;

I hate to police you, but it seems that you have created NPCs and also controlled another person's character. Of course, if xelda gave you permission for the NPCs then all is well. However, I feel it is necessary to tell you. Have another read-through of the rules, and if nothing makes sense, feel free to ask xelda or me questions. But preferably xelda since it's her RP.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries

sorry. then how am i going to help myself?

Blog Entries

Well, what could happen is that you locate the hole as stated in the RP and talk to the others to see how you could come down. Or you could wait while the others on the first floor find a way to get up and signal to you and the others on the second floor...

And xelda? I've been tossing around the idea of introducing someone into the RP. Specifically someone from Dyllan's past. The only problem is that Mt. Magma isn't the most likely place to run into anyone. So should I just post an SU and wait for a good time?
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.

Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Correct about what you're saying to SquadalaGuy, and I agree.

As for the character, sure! We're leaving Mt. Magma soon to go find somewhere to sleep, so maybe they could appear the next morning.
    Links to stuff.

Blog Entries

Hey guys.

So it seems, due to some clusterfuckery involving my phone dying and being sent off for repair, and my limited time at a computer not spent doing something important like collegework, that keeping up with RPs, let alone posting in them has become somewhat of a nightmare. As such, I seem to be taking an enforced hiatus from RPing. Best estimates place it between 2 weeks and a month depending on how much my network screws me around this time.

So for now, my characters will lay dormant. Let Lucas sit in the background, quietly stewing away and I'll introduce Aerros at a later date.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

@Plumbum; Alright, that's fine. See you when you can get back, then!
    Links to stuff.

Blog Entries

I'm gonna leave out introducing Aerros until we reach the desert by the by, mainly because that's a much more natural environment for him to be in.

I may look like an idiot, I may sound like an idiot, but don't let that fool you; I really am an idiot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xelda57 View Post
    Rose gave no response to Dylan's call as he came towards her. She had knocked herself out cold, and her ears were back to having the strange markings on them.

Max slammed both paws down on one Sandslash's head in a forceful Brick Break, then took its moment of dazed surprise and pain to Low Sweep it. He hadn't had time to watch Rose's furious attack, but he could definitely feel the aura of her rage. Though he knew it from before, the strength of the anger took him by surprise again. There was so much hate, so much anger- the happy little Pikachu they knew shouldn't have been able to even fit that much into her own head, yet somehow she did; it was locked away and then thrown out all at once.
    But there was something wrong- something other than just the fact it was happening at all- Max knew, as the Emanation Pokemon, even with a messed-up aura sensor and his limited information, that Rose's anger did not belong here. Most of it, anyway. She wasn't really angry at anything there; no, she proved that by knocking herself out. She reminded him most of someone who was angry with something else and was using anyone or anything, even though innocent, as an outlet for it because she could not reach the true target. Max wondered, as he Rock Smashed another Sandslash, what this target could possibly be. He remembered Willow's explanation- every time she should have had negative feelings towards anything, it was simply stored in the back of her mind.
    But anger at simple things, even if she had horrible anger management issues (which Max was pretty sure she didn’t), could not measure up to this, especially since she should have rid herself of a lot of it upon her last outburst, but it had somehow reappeared, and she had been full of hatred once more. What does she hate so much that she could fill her mind with it after hardly a day, though? Or… who? He wondered. He remembered Rose's explanation of the curse. Darkrai...? This was completely plausible, yet for some reason it didn't fit, like trying to fit in a puzzle piece that belonged to a different puzzle. No... That wasn't it; it just doesn't feel right... It's... It must be... Max suddenly hesitated in his fight lone enough for the Sandslash to give him a hard blow with Slash, knocking the breath out of him. He blinked and reacted with a Shadow Claw instantly as he was jolted out of his circling thought process. Yes, he had stopped going in a circle- suddenly he was on a straight line and the end wasn't far away. She's been fighting herself for a long time. Wait, no, not herself... She's been fighting the fake version of herself, the one that hates everything and conceals it... The anger keeps reappearing because it circles down upon itself... His eyes widened in realization as he knocked the Sandslash he was fighting out with one more Brick Break, and said it out loud as he figured it out himself, without paying attention to the fact that he was doing so: "She hates her own hatred," he said strangely. How ironic...!

Several of the Sandslash were already knocked out, and the ones that were conscious seemed to be getting tired at this point. It wouldn't be long, and the group still outnumbered the Sandslash by a lot.
    Max took a deep, gasping breath. With his mind on other things, he had not been fighting at his best. The Sandslash had gotten in far too many hits for him to simply pass off and keep fighting. But he wasn't exactly a good judge of that, because he was here on the battlefield and for some reason, he didn't care how much pain he was in, not when lives other than his own were at stake. Gritting his teeth, he was getting ready to turn and fight another, but he stopped when he heard the Scorpion Queen's loud yell.
    "JUMP!" The wave of sand was coming towards them, rippling outwards from the sinkhole ((makes sense, I know)) and coming towards them at alarming speed. The Scorpion Queen had no trouble jumping the small ledge and neither did Willow, and with some difficulty, Max made it over as well.
    Rose, however, was still not moving, and it was approaching fast.
    And with that, ladies and gentleman, xelda now holds the record for "Longest Post in PMD: True Strength!" She managed to type out 740 words of amazing compared to the previous record; Glaceon's 653 words of still amazing. (Yes, I did take the time to check the word count. So sue me, I was bored.)
    Of course, it was bound to happen that the GM would have the longest post but NONETHELESS. Congratulations. It is an accomplishment I don't see myself pursuing. At least on purpose.

Oh look. A deviantART.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

I made it, did I? XD Wow, 740 words. It seems more like 300 or something. Maybe 450.
    Thanks for telling me, though, I didn't know! :D
    It's funny that it's a post I wasn't even trying to make long that ended up as the longest (so far!). I guess that's due to the fact that it's got a complex character contemplating another complex character... So it's like complexness squared.
    Wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveewithwings123
    causing the others to duck for cover.
    It was minor, I know, but please don't bunny others' characters.
    Last edited by xelda57; 8th June 2013 at 08:51 AM.
    Links to stuff.

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

Oh, sorry. It's just that it ultimately made sense to do something.

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

I know. You're new to the RP, so it's okay.The other participating players can say what their own characters did, since they might do something other than duck- or miss out on ducking at all and just get hit :D.
    Links to stuff.

With Lady Rainicorn too! Miss Mew's Avatar

Why do the mine carts go so fast?

Somebody please check out my RP!!! Claimer of moody and present!

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Because Pearl wants them to XD
    But in all seriousness, Starlit Valley is really far from the desert and we wouldn't get anywhere going slow enough for comfort. I'm trying to keep the RP logical in the ways it can be.
    Links to stuff.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast