Naruto RP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naruto RP

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Naruto RP

I've recently gotten back into the Naruto anime, though I've been following the manga for a while. Which of course means I've gotten a desire to RP in the Naruto universe . So, I posted here to see if there was any interest; I'm always fairly reluctant to do RPs based on franchises besides Pokemon, because there may or may not be an audience for it here on BMGf.

Since I want to avoid messy entanglements with canon, and to allow much more creativity, I'm thinking about setting it in the era before the Hidden Villages, when it was simply every clan for itself--the period I like to call the true Secret Ninja Wars, unlike the World Wars in the Hidden Village period.

So, what do you think?

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Default Re: Naruto RP

I like Naruto....xD I'd be interested in a Naruto RP. :3
    all my life I wish I broke mirrors instead of promises
    'Cause all I see is a shattered conscience staring back at me

I'd be up for this if you'd want to PRP this or something?
    @Renewal
    FCs: Heart Gold: 1892-8730-9569; White: 1549-4836-0020

Sounds good, i'd definitely be interested.

Vayre's Ye Olde Arte Shoppe|Banner made by me |The Haunting of Hotel Aurora, a Pokemon Horror RP (Signup)|Join the X-COM Mafia

Blog Entries

@Fairy_Palace, @Guardian of Johto, @Vayre

So, all three of your are up for a Naruto PRP then? Well, here's a more complete introduction then:

The world is at peace. Neighboring daimyo have come to agreeable terms, limiting war, with the noble samurai enforcing the peace with a watchful eye. All is well.

On the surface, at least. But unknown to the population at large, safe and oblivious in the walled cities of the daimyo, an endless power struggle rages out in the countryside. For the time of the samurai ended long ago, and now the shinobi--ninja--reign supreme. No samurai can defend against a shinobi's chakra-enhanced, strength, match his chakra-enhanced speed. And no amount of sword mastery, powered by chakra or otherwise, can compare to the supernatural power of ninjutsu and genjutsu.

But shinobi are bitterly secretive and suspicious folk. No shinobi ever survives without learning to fear and mistrust the rest of their kind. Only the deepest bonds of family tie them together, preventing them from utterly degenerating into paranoid, solitary mercenaries. And so, this is the time of the ninja clans--fierce rivals and enemies, bitterly competing for the work samurai are incapable of. All it takes for bitter competition to devolve into open conflict is one overheard insult, one slight too many.

Beyond the walls of the cities, in the wilds of the world, the ninja clans are at war. The rest of the world is powerless, as the Secret Shinobi Clan Wars rage, with the future of the world at stake. Two clans have already begun a meteoric rise to power: Uchiha and Senju, fabled descendants of the legendary Sage of Six Paths. And now that future is yours to decide.

So, I have two possible plots: one, we simply create our own clans and fight in a giant, open-ended war. While that allows lots and lots of creativity and plot freedom, it's very open to aimless wandering and accomplishing nothing.

The other possibility is that the Secret Clan Wars are simply the backdrop, while we the players go form an uneasy, inter-clan alliance, and pursue a separate enemy, perhaps related to the Tailed Beasts or the Sage.

So, thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

How about a mixture of both?

What I mean is start the game with your first idea, an open ended war, but slowly start to introduce a common enemy that the clans have to ally themselves together in order to survive against and defeat, hows that sound?

Vayre's Ye Olde Arte Shoppe|Banner made by me |The Haunting of Hotel Aurora, a Pokemon Horror RP (Signup)|Join the X-COM Mafia

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Yeah, that sounds really cool ^^ I'm all for it, guys~ I love your ideas. I think I like Vayre's combination of @Renewal s ideas the best for the plot :3 Should we post sign ups sooner or later?

Sounds Great!!!! :D

Blog Entries

All right sounds good. Why don't you all fill out this sign-up:

Name:

Clan: Give some backstory if you're making up an original one.
    Kekkei Genkai: Try to go into detail about its powers and limits; I'd rather not see Sharingan-esque hax powers, with something new added every so often.

Personality:
    Appearance:
    Background:

Other: For whatever else you think might be important.

Once everyone's got theirs in, I'll post the start-up in the PRP forum, along with my own sign-up.

Name: Akio Uzumaki

Clan: Uzumaki
    Kekkei Genkai: Rinnegan

Personality: Akio is very loyal to his clan, despite this he does not wish to fight if he doesn't have to. He would much rather end things without fighting, wishing to talk peace between the clans. With that said he is a very fierce competitor and will not resist the urge to put people in their place or take them out all together. Akio is also a very likable person, other people find him to be a calm, cool, and collected person. Though he is not really a people person for anyone of whom he doesn't know well. Once you earn his trust he can be very open and accepting.
    Appearance:

Background: Akio is a prodigy of the clan, being the only member of his clan birthed into obtaining Rinnegan. From a young age he was accepted to be powerful for his kekki genkai. As he grew up he was trained by the best of his clan, he now is a master of martial arts, weaponry, and jutsu. His Rinnegan has given him the power to control and create many jutsu and when matched with his giant chakra reserves, he is a very formidable force.

Other: He can form Rasengan Spheres, has abnormally large chakra reserves...
    Last edited by Tye Taylors; 16th October 2011 at 03:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Name: Ayano Yuki

Clan: Yuki
    Kekkei Genkai: Ice Release

Personality: When you first meet her, Ayano is very quiet and shy, but when you get to know her she gets louder and starts talking a lot. In spite of the fact that she has a Kekkei Genkai, she's a big scaredy-cat and doesn't like to fight.
    However, if you get her angry...better watch out. She'll throw herself into battle mode like nobody's business.
    She's very kind and loyal to her friends, and is hard to dislike, seeing as she rarely says bad things about anybody.
    She's very good at strategy, and when her mind isn't clouded by panic or anger, can usually come up with a good plan to beat her enemies.
    Appearance: Ayano is very tall and skinny. You might wonder if she has any power at all, but she does. She has short, curly brown hair with bangs that sometimes falls into her eyes. Her eyes are an icy blue and her skin is almost as pale as a ghost. She has a white scar going down from her hairline to the middle of her cheek.
    Background: Ayano comes from the Yuki clan that lives in the Land of Water. When the country broke into civil war, she fled from sheer terror into the Land of Fire, where she slowly learned, from observing shinobi in trees, how to use their attacks.
    When shed gathered up the courage to go back, her entire family and village had been slaughtered.
    Recklessly driven by rage at her enemies and herself, she runs back to the enemy base to teach them a lesson, but fails miserably.
    She is now in hiding to perfect her abilities for revenge.
    Last edited by Amaura; 17th October 2011 at 06:25 AM.

Name: Isamu Sujouten

Clan: Sujouten

The Sujoten were once a nomadic and scattered clan living in small groups all across the Elemental Continent and using their Kekkei Genkai to work as assassins and bodyguards.

This all changed with the introduction of Raion Sujouten. An immensely powerful man with enormous chakra reserves and a fearsome reputation in battle Raion was an incredible warrior, said to be able to kill a man with the force of his Reikisujou. He united the scattered Sujouten and formed them into a cohesive clan, leading them in battles against the enemies this move brought them.

Raion was eventually killed during a battle with the Uzumaki clan and was succeeded by his son, and Isamu's father, Daiki. From this arsoe a bitter grudge between the two clans as the Sujouten sought revenge for Raion's death.

Nowadays the Sujouten are still semi-nomadic, with multiple clan compounds hidden over the continent. They also are still very active in the assassination business, with lots of the clans members working for various Diamyos.

Kekkei Genkai: Reikisujou (Aura Origin)

Reikisujou gives the ability to naturally extend their chakra through any available medium, letting it affect the world around them physically. This commonly extends into four well known skills.

Visual Genjutsu - A Sujouten is able to extend their chakra through the air around them and create Sealless Visual Genjutsu. They are limited to visual genjutsu because the Reikisujou does not have the range or power to overwhelm a targets senses. This is commonly used for invisibility or an advanced Henge.

Chakra Field - A Sujouten is able to saturate the area directly surrounding them with chakra. This allows the Sujouten to slightly slow the movements of enemy fighters and slightly increase their own by manipulating this chakra. This ability is very chakra intensive.

Manipulation - A Sujouten is able to use their ability to move small objects by hardening the air around them. This allows them to do thing such as move smoke bombs or soundmakers to create confusion, or open locked doors by manipulating the lock. Because they are focusing on a particular object this ability generally has a much longer range than the aforementioned ones.

Advanced Manipulation - Despite common opinion the Sujouten are not limited to manipulating the air. They can send their chakra through solid objects as well in order to control and strengthen that object. They can generally get a greater range on this as their ability is limited by area, not distance. This is commonly used to control wire as the Sujouten are also able to use very thin wire to maximize their distance and strengthen the wire with chakra so it doesn't break.

While superficially similar to chakra strings this has both advantages and disadvantages compared to that. While a Sujouten would not be able to move something as large as a puppet they are able to fight easily while manipulating things like wire and chains as they are naturally able to control the movement with greater ease than someone using chakra strings.

Personality: Growing up Isamu has been subjected to a tremendous amount of pressure to live up to the legacy of his father and grandfather. This has lead to him becoming obsessed with proving himself in battle and with loyalty to the clan. Due to this he comes off as rather cold, with his attitude with strangers usually ranging from apathetic to standoffish. Despite this Isamu is capable of being diplomatic when he needs to.

As the clan-leaders son and next in line Isamu has been trained in strategy and leadership. He has also been taught to hold a confident facade over his own feeling when leading in a battle situation. he generally holds a friendly rapport with fellow ninja from his own clan, joking with and encouraging them before battles.

Isamu does not have many friends, like all ninja he is wary and slow to trust. However the few friends he does he values very highly and would fight fiercely to protect.

Like many ninja Isamu has developed several irregularities with his behavior as a result of the ninja life. Isamu has a strong aversion to contact with those he does not trust and has been known to react very badly to sudden loud noises. He also has an odd habit of making paper cranes before and after major battles.

Appearance: Isamu is tall and wiry, with defined yet easily concealed muscles. Like all Sujouten he has pale skin and spiky auburn coloured hair, which he keeps cut short.

He wears a sleeveless black top with the Sujouten clan symbol, a yin-yang symbol circling around a black hole, on the back and baggy black trousers with various equipment pouches sewn into them. He also has a pair of leather bracers that hold spools of wire tipped with razor sharp blades. Each bracer has 10 of these that he can manipulate to attack, the bracers also server as forearm sheaths for a pair of Wakizashi he uses. He also wears shoulder and shin guards which hold similar wire setups.

Over all of this he usually wears a long black overcoat to hide his equipment

Background: Isamu is the son of the current clan leader and the next in line for clan leadership.

His childhood was fairly simple and peaceful by ninja terms. He grew up constantly on the move, following his father between the various clan compounds. As he grew he trained constantly in the ninja arts, both those of fighting and those of stealth and trickery.

Since he completed his ninja training at the age of 16 he has been involved in many battles and assassinations as a clan ninja, and has slowly gained the respect of many of his fellow ninja. He has recently been put into a leadership role, leading small groups of ninja on missions in order to prepare him for larger battles.

Other: Isamu's Reikisujou is fairly strong for his age, when manipulating air he has a range of 1 metre away from himself in a circle, 10 metres when manipulating an object.

Aside from his wires he specializes in his Wakizashi and Ninjutsu and has a Lightning/Fire Elemental Nature. he is also decent at Genjutsu beyond what he can do with the Reikisujou and has dabbled in Fuinjutsu.

Blog Entries

@Fairy_Palace, @Guardian of Johto, @Vayre:

Looks good. Judging from our Kekkei Genkai, looks like we're going all out from the beginning. Just one thing to note, GoJ: the Rasengan hasn't been invented yet. You can use a Rasengan-like attack, just not quite the same or as powerful.

And the start-up's been posted! Sorry about the delay!

Post in PRP!!! All of you :P

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

Room for one more? I wanted to join this at first, but went into a bit of a debate about it, and when I finally go to reply, I see that the start-up's already been posted. I should really be more assertive with these types of decisions...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast