Making a RP forum. - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Making a RP forum.

Well, I can tell you somewhere that I'm not

Default Re: Making a RP forum.

Yeah! We could get our first Pokemon and a little spending money to go with it.

But another thig is, how would we keep track of battling and leveling up. I think we should just choose a level (like 100 say) and then make it so all Pokemon have the max stats for that level. And then all Pokemon would be only judged by their stats in comparison with on another.

generally on hiatus now Still Probably Modio's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Still Probably Modio on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranitex View Post
    Yeah! We could get our first Pokemon and a little spending money to go with it.

But another thig is, how would we keep track of battling and leveling up. I think we should just choose a level (like 100 say) and then make it so all Pokemon have the max stats for that level. And then all Pokemon would be only judged by their stats in comparison with on another.
    We've got it all sorted already. You start level 10, and every battle you gain about ten levels depending on what stage you are (?) and learn the moves within that span. Also, you get 3000 at the begining.

Read Soul Light, a comic by me about spooky stuff!
    Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

So what you gonna use to battle these pokemon, Pokemon online, Forums, Aim?

Blog Entries

Just do it anime style, I believe. Within the RP itself.

Well, I can tell you somewhere that I'm not

That'll be really slow though...
    O_o
    I think it would be easier to use an instant messenger (like AIM as said) to speed things up a bit. Also, with the leveling up system, how would moves be calculated. You would need a really fancy online calculator. And if they leveled up 10 levels at a time, that would make them reach lvl100 really fast. Just sayin'.

Also, talking about legends. I think that since legends are so important yet so overpowering, they should be incororated by having certain members winning them through events. This is just an idea so bear with me. Certain competitions would allow members to put Legendary Pokemon into their stats. And it would be like a reward fr winning the contest; being able to use the Pokemon in a battle.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eternus_situs View Post
    So this basically going to be a combonation and brutalisation of every type of forum game that there are on bmgf rolled into one to make some sort of mongrol child that no one will actually like.

if you want to play the awesome original game then go here http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f393/
    No need to troll.

O_o
    I think it would be easier to use an instant messenger (like AIM as said) to speed things up a bit. Also, with the leveling up system, how would moves be calculated. You would need a really fancy online calculator. And if they leveled up 10 levels at a time, that would make them reach lvl100 really fast. Just sayin'.

Also, talking about legends. I think that since legends are so important yet so overpowering, they should be incororated by having certain members winning them through events. This is just an idea so bear with me. Certain competitions would allow members to put Legendary Pokemon into their stats. And it would be like a reward fr winning the contest; being able to use the Pokemon in a battle.
    There's no refferee, so you just battle each other and agree on who wins or not.

Also, I'll mention the legend thing to Megaman,

Blog Entries

Agree on who wins or not?
    Not to be rude or anything, but you are seriously going to have a hard time getting lots of people who will admit defeat. Everyone wants to win - there may be a few fair ones, but good luck on getting hordes of people who agree on the outcome of a battle which is mainly judged by what they want to happen.

Blog Entries

Not in the battle hall, but in the RPs themselves. For the battle hall, you'd have to ask Megaman.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synthєsis View Post
    So you use this capture arena to catch Pokemon? Maybe someone should accompany young trainers and show them around.
    That is gonna be one of the GMs jobs. Currently there are only really 3 staff positions (GM, Designer(the people who are handling art and stuff like that), and admin) I'll specialize them once I get some of the higher prioity ones.

Quote Originally Posted by eternus_situs View Post
    So what you gonna use to battle these pokemon, Pokemon online, Forums, Aim?
    You could do it on an instant messenger, or on the forums. I haven't thought out exactly how its going to work yet.

O_o

First off, about the level 100 thing, they actually level up slower than pokemon in the URPg (A two form pokemon is done growing after seven battles there). Like I said before, I'm still working on how I'm gonna do the moves.

Also, I totally share your ideas about legendaries. I plan on giving them away a couple of ways.
    1. At random. Occasionally, someone will get a legendary when they should just be getting a normal pokemon. This won't actually be at random, but with stuff like first person to reach 1,000 posts and stuff like that, but none of it will be announced.
    2. for completing important RPs. Someone who beats giratina in an official RP will get giratina.
    3. Contests. Occasionally there will be a contest, and the winner will get a legendary. Other prizes will include shinys, pokerus (your pokemon levels up twice as fast), and rare items (lucky egg (same as pokerus), relic crown, soul dew, etc.)
    Banner By Genbeeb

Blog Entries

So then, as soon as we get nuf people, will an official RP start up?

Blog Entries

I was late, I really wanted to be a moderator of some sort. I'll sign up anyway, this looks interesting. Oh, and you can consult me about RPing, I am one of the more experienced RPers. (No bragging)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dermodio View Post
    So then, as soon as we get nuf people, will an official RP start up?
    When everything is totally ready, the RP will start. Thats why I need admins to help me with some of the stuff. Whats left on the agenda is:
    Finish making all the subforums
    Figure out exactly how battles are gonna work
    Create a calculator for battles(maybe)
    Organize all the mods
    Create some RP's for people to start with
    Create all the shops, arenas, and similar things

As you can see, there's still a lot to do. Thats why I need all the help I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemad View Post
    I was late, I really wanted to be a moderator of some sort. I'll sign up anyway, this looks interesting. Oh, and you can consult me about RPing, I am one of the more experienced RPers. (No bragging)
    I need all the help I can get. Sign up and I'll make you a mod.
    Banner By Genbeeb

Blog Entries

Shop u like. On the way. I'll plan a few shops.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dermodio View Post
    Shop u like. On the way. I'll plan a few shops.
    Wait! Before that happens I need to figure out what all the items do! thats basically the last thing that needs to be done.

Also, I'm looking for administrative minions. If you have any experience, please post a brief outline of you previous RP experience (RPing a lot is perfect for being a GM, but for admins I need people who have done stuff like this before. If you have RPd a TON or ran a couple of successful RPs yourself, you can still apply to be an admin.) Also, I'll take one unexperienced person who is willing to do grunt work as an admin.
    Last edited by Megaman; 20th April 2011 at 11:47 AM.
    Banner By Genbeeb

Blog Entries

Signed up, I can help with any sprites for character pages, and the URPG has a calculator, if you ask permission, they may let you.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast