Ideas for a Steampunk RP

Thread: Ideas for a Steampunk RP

Something Creative Terram Validus's Avatar

Default Ideas for a Steampunk RP

I'm not really into the whole Steampunk stuff, but I'd kind of like to learn a little more about it and I figured doing an RP would be the best way to do so! The problem being, I can't see a way for structuring the RP without it being really wide open and sand-box-y. Hence why I'm posting here looking for ideas. Anyone in to Steampunk or have any thoughts?
    There is a horizontal line above this sentence.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ideas for a Steampunk RP

I like Steampunk, I once tried making a Steampunk based story for a writing assignment before switching to a different idea. So maybe I could use ideas from that to help you out.

So the original idea was similar to PMD, but instead of playing as Pokemon, they were actually humans with Steampunk gear (the gear was unique for everyone. Ranging from mechanical wings to Iron Man-like armor).
    "HE EVEN GODMODDED THE PANCAKES!" - SA3

Hmm, interesting. I don't know, I was thinking about having it city based in the late 19th Century, but then full Steampunk stuff, floating airships, cars, etc. I'm still trying to figure out a plot to go with my setting however.

Blog Entries

Yeah, plot was the problem with my story too, which is why I went to a new one for my project.
    "HE EVEN GODMODDED THE PANCAKES!" - SA3

Alright well, after poking around on the internet, I might've come up with something. What if my main character is looking for other characters to travel around 19th Century Victorian Era Europe (maybe elsewhere) to do something (open some kind of business, put on a show or travelling exhibition). Havn't thought of that part yet, but I liked the idea of changing cities, via Airship or something.

Edit: Maybe they travel around to participate in like a continental-wide race? Aisrships or Cars, haven't decided though. Any thoughts @Lucius; ?
    Last edited by Terram Validus; 25th February 2013 at 06:32 PM.