I need help with creating a new Pokemon region for my next RP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need help with creating a new Pokemon region for my next RP.

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Default I need help with creating a new Pokemon region for my next RP.

I'm working on drawings of the starters atm. It will be a group of islands with few land routes (and thus the RP will be called something like "A Seafaring Journey Through the ___ Region"). I haven't named it yet, but a few working names are:

Osho (sounds Pokemon-ish)
    Hotwo (Pun on H2O and hot, because it's warm there)
    Aguan

I'm also considering having something like Dark-, Fighting-, and Psychic-type starters rather than the traditional fire, water, and grass. On the subject of Pokemon, should there be a whole new Pokedex of 150-some new Pokemon, or new starters only?

Your thoughts?
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Blog Entries

Default Re: I need help with creating a new Pokemon region for my next RP.

New pokedex. You need drawings of 'em or just descriptions and movelists?
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Descriptions and movesets. I might take care of drawings when I'm done with starters. Any thoughts on names for the region? Btw, should there be a different starter trio than the traditional one? If so, what should the three be? I can't think of three types that Rock-Paper-Scissor besides Fire-Water-Grass and Dark-Fighting-Psychic.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Flying-Rock-Fighting is another one, and is actually superior to Dark-Psychic-Fighting, because all of them are super effective to one and not very effective to the other, whereas Psychic is null to Dark.

I'm liking Osho; it flows the best, which is good for an oceanic region.

And once you're done with the Pokedex, do you have any ideas for a central conflict? Or will we just be making it up as we go along?

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

*arrives from sonic boom in chat thread*
    Never fear! Modio has a whole book of Fakemon to use! Region name should be three syllables to be 20 percent cooler.
    I think fire-phsycic, water-dark and grass-fighting clike be awesome.

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

Blog Entries

I think it should stay the traditional fire, water, and grass starters. No particular reason, I just like it that way. As long as it's nothing Unova. Oh god.

I'd be happy to help. I could work on some sprites and Pokedex descriptions if you'd like. Also, are we going to come up with some new moves and such? I think the region should be called something like Crushio (pronounced kroo-show), or Shinjoh.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renewal View Post
    Flying-Rock-Fighting is another one, and is actually superior to Dark-Psychic-Fighting, because all of them are super effective to one and not very effective to the other, whereas Psychic is null to Dark.

I'm liking Osho; it flows the best, which is good for an oceanic region.

And once you're done with the Pokedex, do you have any ideas for a central conflict? Or will we just be making it up as we go along?
    Flying would be a tad broken outside of battle, because having Fly is super useful. Thus, less effort is needed to conveniently get around. Well, the others could be Surfers. Any Pokemon ideas?

Falling, but Rising Again Renewal's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Maybe make the region notorious for its storms? That would make crossing the open seas dangerous with a Pokemon, and makes flying less broken.

I might have a few ideas for Pokemon; any particular criteria, such as theme or features?

Blog Entries

No, anything you can think of would be great. Btw, behold, Chickaseed! The Flying type starter who will become Flying/Grass type!

Pokedex entry:
    Chickaseed, the Seed Bird Pokemon. The seeds covering its body grow into grass and even small saplings.

Btw, if the pic doesn't work, it's on my profile too. Second and third stage coming soon!

Blog Entries

@Piximon

So......

I was bored yesterday, and I took your Chickaseed pic and made it into a sprite.

It's a little small, but it's the best I could do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chickaseed.png  

Blog Entries

Awesome! :D

I like the idea of the starter types. That's a very interesting choice. I agree the region name Osho sounds most Pokemon-ish. I'm not sure you know, but all region names (in the main series at least) have an "ou" or "oh" sound in them, except Isshu. So, you may choose to have this sound as part of the name, perhaps if the region is close to the traditional Pokemon regions, or you can make the name different like the far-away Isshu. So, an idea for a region name is perhaps Ousho, becauce it has the "ou" in it, and makes some reference to ocean. Or perhaps Oushio, because shio is salt water in Japanese. It's good if the name means something, because most region and Pokemon have a meaning.
    Last edited by Te-em; 23rd February 2012 at 06:34 AM.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Blog Entries

Osho is pronounced Oh-show. So yup. Yay for procrastination. I win the internet.

Yun
    Blog Entries

Hmm... I can come up with a Water-type Starter.

Maripup, Wolfaine, and Cerberaine.

Maripup starts off as a light blue puppy Pokemon. Really docile and nice. Then comes Wolfaine, who sports a mane that covers its face (like rain water has drenched it). It also gains access to a move called Aqua Sphere; which has a high critical hit ratio. It also gains Icy Wind.

Then Cerberaine is the final. It's sort of like an icy wolf/hellhound type of Pokemon; complete with black claws and spikes of ice it can bring to its back. It's a Water/Ice-type, as it's saliva can freeze upon touching oxygen; effectively freezing to -80 degrees.

I have a whole list of Pokemon, like a Rock/Dragon-type named Tytasaur. Extremely high attack (155 Attk), really low Special Attack (30 Sp. Attk); and its Speed is pretty meh (around 60). It's a fossil, coming from Tyranee. Quite obviously, these Pokemon are based off Tyrannosaurus's. Tytasaur's name comes from Titan-Tyranno-Saurus; you know, if you wanted to know.

I also came up with a Fighting/Dark-type name Kniterror (Knight, Night and Terror). It's Attack and Special Attack are really high, but its Defenses are pretty poor. It can be beaten with a good Close Combat, but it dishes out fuckloads of damage.

Also;
    Quote Originally Posted by Slendermodio View Post
    Never fear! Modio has a whole book of Fakemon to use! Region name should be three syllables to be 20 percent cooler.
    I think fire-phsycic, water-dark and grass-fighting clike be awesome.
    YOU MUST SHOW ME! I also agree with the three syllables.
    Last edited by Yun; 4th March 2012 at 03:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add Mister Insufferable on Facebook
    Follow Mister Insufferable on Tumblr

It's not exactly Pokemon... but still usable.
    I've 160, but some suck.

SAMPLE-

PKMN 81
    Treelf
    Grass
    0.80 m 17 kg
    {Looks like a spritely head made of wood, twigs growing, small trunk body, arms and legs woven from vines}
    It lives in the center of Forests. It often gives logs to woodcutters to prevent trees being chopped down.

PKMN 82
    Treeloger
    Grass
    2m 59 kg
    {Looks like a sort of rams head made of wood attached to a topheavy trunk with red bark shoulder pads. Left arm and legs woven from vines. Right arm is giant club. Evolves at lev 21.}
    It protects the forest. It's club arm is strong enough to reduce a boulder to pebbels.

PKMN 83
    Inforestroll
    Grass Fire
    2m.50 70 kg
    {Look up Final Evolution Grandalbero Evolves when leveled up knowing Fire Blast}
    It burns down old forests. It often gets into fights with Treelogers over a forest it wishes to burn.
    Last edited by Mister Insufferable; 4th March 2012 at 04:51 PM.

Call me Derry, Dermodio, Modio or Sir. Actually, scratch the first 3.
    Formally one of the best dag-nab roleplayers on this website yo.
    Winner of the 2011 Winter RPG Awards for Best Academy RP (Ampiomach Academy),
    Best Character in a Pokemon RP and Best GM in a Pokemon Roleplay

Help me complete the Pokedex with Shinies!
    Friend Code- 3067-5323-3960

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast