AZATIIR ~ Official Announcements

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Heroic Sociopath

Thread: AZATIIR ~ Official Announcements

Blog Entries

Question AZATIIR ~ Official Announcements

Welcome to the new Azatiir pre-release information dissemination hub! The old thread was getting untidy and, well, old... so starting fresh allows me to adjust the thread's format to one in which information is more readily available (all new revelations about Azatiir will be chronicled in this post) and to pretend that I haven't been working on this for over six months now.

Azatiir Team:
    GM: @Master Mew
    Co-GM: @Renewal
    Co-GM: @Oblivion

News

Scale

Stats

Combat

To get things started, a promised announcement regarding a significant Game Mechanic:
    Note: This section is ripped straight out of the Azatiir development files, so there are likely references to other mechanics you won't recognize (yet).

Player Death

In too many RPs, the success of the players is all but guaranteed due to an implied rule that Player-Characters are virtually invincible. Because of this, inexperienced characters are often seen charging boldly into battle against entire armies of superior enemies, knowing they can somehow “just barely survive.” In the interest of balance, as well as to just generally mix things up with something you don’t really see all that often, death in Azatiir will be not only a possible ending for your character, but in all honesty, if you aren’t careful, a likely one.

At the moment, it is my intention for players to only control one character at a time. In the event that a player’s character dies, that player will be allowed to submit a new character to participate in the roleplay. This new character will automatically receive half (rounded up if necessary) the total number of Training Opportunities of the deceased character (to prevent the player from feeling that all their hard work on the previous character was a complete waste of time, but at the same time not allowing death to become completely inconsequential).

The inventory of the deceased character will be emptied and the “mundane” items (potions, unenchanted weapons and armor, etc.) will be added to the new characters inventory, while any “special” or “unique” gear (enchanted weapons and armor, Torvaic artifacts, etc.) will be spread out randomly among various shopkeepers throughout the gameworld (where they will become available for purchase by not only the newly created character, but any character). The only exception will be if another Player-Character who was present at the time of the character’s death chose to remove particular items from the deceased’s inventory, in which case such items will not be subject to the dispersal.
    Last edited by Master Mew; 17th July 2012 at 11:55 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: AZATIIR ~ Official Announcements

Do you have a list of skills? And is there, like, a Toughness skill that lets you do stuff like resist magic and maybe swim through lava?
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Face
    Do you have a list of skills?
    Yes, it is incomplete at present, however.
    And is there, like, a Toughness skill that lets you do stuff like resist magic and maybe swim through lava?
    Not yet.

QUESTION

Is there sufficient interest in an Alchemy system to bother with designing one?

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Like, as in Elder Scrolls, with potions? Not really.

Or as in like machines? 'Cause that'd be cool. Or like with transmutation, like they had in real life, that would be neat too.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Abba On Twitter Add Abba on Facebook Add Abba on Google+
    Follow Abba on Tumblr Visit Abba's Youtube Channel

TES potion-making was never my strong suit. If there was such a skill included then I would probably never use it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pi Face View Post
    Like, as in Elder Scrolls, with potions? Not really.

Or as in like machines? 'Cause that'd be cool. Or like with transmutation, like they had in real life, that would be neat too.
    Well, I was thinking more along the lines of potion-making. The concept never really appealed to me, but I wasn't sure if there were a few die-hard fans out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by O5-7 View Post
    TES potion-making was never my strong suit. If there was such a skill included then I would probably never use it.
    That's kind of what I was thinking. Thanks! We'll probably leave it out then, other than maybe a few basic functions.

Now on to something we definitely ARE implementing: An extensive Magic Skill-Tree.

The complete list of available effects will not be revealed (even after the RP begins), to maintain a certain level of mystery (as well as allow us to sneak in extra effects if it becomes clear that something should have been included), but I'd like some input as to the sorts of effects you would LIKE to see in the RP - I won't confirm or deny that the effects will be included, but every suggestion will be considered. Rest assured, the final list will be HUGE and it is likely that there will be many effects that are never discovered during the course of the RP.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Abba On Twitter Add Abba on Facebook Add Abba on Google+
    Follow Abba on Tumblr Visit Abba's Youtube Channel

I'd like to see revive-type magics included, if that would work.

Blog Entries

Well, I really like the idea of spells that you can put on your fist, so like you can deliver them by punching. Like, a spell that makes it so when you touch people, they get shocked. That would be cool.

Also, lots of support skills. Like stuff that makes it so you don't get hurt, and let's you heal...You probably already have those. Maybe a kind of force field that goes around your weapon and makes it stronger?

And summoning demons and undead is always cool.

Blog Entries

Hm, normally I'd be worried about thread-necromancy and such, but this is really more like sub-forum-necromancy. :p

I suppose the, "Official Announcement," at the moment is that I am, in fact, still working on this - but since I appear to be working on it alone now, I'll be working at my own, rather relaxed pace. The buzz of the original announcement is long gone, so I've nothing to lose at this point by taking my time with this ridiculously complex undertaking.

Blog Entries

You can do it man! I believe in you!
    Master Mew likes this.