AZATIIR: Planning Thread (MODS: Lock Please) - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: AZATIIR: Planning Thread (MODS: Lock Please)

Blog Entries

Default Re: AZATIIR: Planning Thread

I think that as a general rule, things people could conceivably do in real life should be possible just by leveling up skills. So, like, lifting a car. Believe it or not, people can and have done it in real life, so that might be allowable in real life. But taking a sword and slicing the car in two with one strike probably isn't possible in real life, so a player might need an upgrade for that. Also, most people couldn't keep fighting with a javelin going through their stomach. But maybe you could add a feat that lets characters ignore pain?
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kona-Chan View Post
    I think that as a general rule, things people could conceivably do in real life should be possible just by leveling up skills. So, like, lifting a car. Believe it or not, people can and have done it in real life, so that might be allowable in real life. But taking a sword and slicing the car in two with one strike probably isn't possible in real life, so a player might need an upgrade for that. Also, most people couldn't keep fighting with a javelin going through their stomach. But maybe you could add a feat that lets characters ignore pain?
    Shrugging off pain? I like that, and I hadn't really thought of it before.

Cutting through cars? Well, that's not so much a limitation of the individual, as a limitation of the sword itself. There will be progressively more effective gear available, and further enhancement of current gear will likely be incorporated as well.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

I was thinking, like, maybe it could be explained as the user being skilled enough to target points where the object in question is weak enough, and hit it in just such a manner, that the weapon goes through really easily, but that was just an example. Anyway, as far as actual skills, maybe something that lets the user fire a kinda energy attack from their weapon? Like, maybe it could be explained as them swinging hard enough so that the force of the air can cut stuff. And maybe a kind of technique that gives the user a healing factor type thingy where they heal really fast would be neat too. Perhaps an ability where the user can hit magic attacks back at opponents with a weapon? Ooh! What would be really cool would be a technique that lets the user move superhumanly fast for short burst to make a kinda teleporting effect.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

Perhaps an ability where the user can hit magic attacks back at opponents with a weapon? Ooh! What would be really cool would be a technique that lets the user move superhumanly fast for short burst to make a kinda teleporting effect.
    Are we still discussing Melee Enhancements? Because the abilities you're describing fit more neatly alongside some of the current Arcane Enhancements I have lined up.

I would prefer to keep non-magical enhancements... well... non-magical, if you get me. Superhuman speed, while very cool, feels out of place in a fantasy-setting; to me, at least. Though it's something I'm willing to look into if enough of you guys want to see it.

Blog Entries

Okay, so what kinda things would be under melee? Because most other stuff that comes to mind would likely be the product of just having a high skill in the associated stats.

Blog Entries

Okay, so what kinda things would be under melee? Because most other stuff that comes to mind would likely be the product of just having a high skill in the associated stats.
    Ah, yes, thank you for bringing that up.

There won't be stats. We're trying to move away from the numbers as much as possible. Your aptitude in a certain skill can be measured by the Skill Enhancements you have acquired - i.e. your capabilities. It just makes more sense and is more workable from a roleplaying perspective to tell players exactly what their character is and is not capable of rather than hand them a long list of numerical statistics.

Blog Entries

Ohhh. That makes more sense. In that case, there should be a lot for hand to hand. Partially because they should be balanced, mostly because I enjoy my characters killing people with their bare hands. There should probably be something that allows for combining weapons with magic. And maybe specific ones for acrobatic maneuvers, like running on walls and stuff?

Blog Entries

Ohhh. That makes more sense. In that case, there should be a lot for hand to hand. Partially because they should be balanced, mostly because I enjoy my characters killing people with their bare hands. There should probably be something that allows for combining weapons with magic. And maybe specific ones for acrobatic maneuvers, like running on walls and stuff?
    I like the idea of incorporating acrobatic maneuvers.

Would you mind elaborating on the sorts of Unarmed Combat enhancements you would like to see?

Blog Entries

Mostly just stuff that makes it stronger. Like maybe one that involves the user undergoing training to harden their fist? And maybe some kind of ki type power, that's not quite magic? And maybe stuff that lets them punch unbelievably hard?

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Hey Mewie, are the Signups still open? *prays*
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Was Buggabo99909 Roserade299909's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking through his started threads, I don't believe the start ups have even started yet. This is the only Thread that he has started about Azatiir

I take no credit for this banner, Kamex made it for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Piximon View Post
    Hey Mewie, are the Signups still open? *prays*
    These aren't the Sign-Ups, this is a planning thread. The Sign-Ups haven't opened yet because the RP is nowhere near completion yet.

Thank you for expressing interest, though!

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Soz, do we have a tentative date yet?
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Blog Entries

Nope. Once we get the races and combat system worked out, though, we have a fun little diversion planned to test out the combat mechanics - trust me, it'll be fun.

And Azatiir will be worth the wait.

Was Buggabo99909 Roserade299909's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just Like Skyrim, or in that case, any of the Elder Scroll Games?

I take no credit for this banner, Kamex made it for me.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast