Armeira - Discussion

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Armeira - Discussion

Blog Entries

Arrow Armeira - Discussion

Well, here's the first thing I would like to discuss: Stat Point Explanations

I've received questions from a handful of you guys recently regarding the definitions of the various stats in Armeira, thus putting sufficient pressure on me to stop procrastinating and start working on actually explaining the bloody things. So... I'd like some help.

Basically, I'm looking for a list of all the various Stat Categories, accompanied by a concise explanation of that Stat and its practical use, as well as (possibly) a list of particular features/abilities only available to characters who have reached a particular level of that Stat.

While it's tempting to just throw something together haphazardly on my own, it seemed appropriate, in the spirit of Armeira's "sandbox" atmosphere, to get input from you guys on it.

Armeira's stats are as follows:
    Strength
    Stamina
    Speed
    Agility/Acrobatics
    Blade
    Blunt
    Hand-to-Hand
    Marksman
    Magic (Destruction)
    Magic (Healing)
    Magic (Elemental/Nature)
    Mana
    Stealth

Last edited by Master Mew; 25th August 2011 at 03:10 PM.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Default Re: Armeira - Discussion

Magic (Destruction): Spells from this field deal with death, decay, the Infernal Plane, and other unpleasant things. Users of destruction magic can rip their opponents apart with Telekinesis, strangle foes from afar, and resurrect fallen opponents as undead minions. This school, while not strictly evil, is regarded with suspicion, as it is regarded as unnatural.

Magic (Nature): Magic from this school deals with the natural energies flowing throughout Armeira. The elements of earth, water, wind, fire, and heartlightning are at the beck and call of users of this school. It's masters can call forth bolts of fire, summon mighty wind elementals, and impale foes on spears of ice.

Magic (Healing): Healing magic is composed almost entirely of beneficial magic, which comes from the Celestial planes, and some say from the gods themselves. Users of this school can heal allies, summon hammers of light to wield, and fly. Masters of this school are said to be able to, with immense effort, bend time itself, speeding themselves up and slowing foes to a crawl just by pointing at them.

Mana: This defines how much magical energy the user has access to. While the user gets one spell per point invested in a given school, how often they can cast that spell is limited by how many points they have here.
    Last edited by Heroic Sociopath; 23rd August 2011 at 12:40 AM.
    Not changing my signature 'till TWEWY 2 comes out.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!
    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Garden_of_Olympus/index.php?act=idx

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

Time to put my Elder Scrolls knowledge to work. *cracks knuckles*

Strength should be just that. The more strength a character has, the more damage they do. Simple.

Stamina should determine carrying capacity, how much they can run before tiring, and other such things.

Speed is self-explanatory.

Agility/Acrobatics is, as the name says, how much a character can perform fancy, ninja-like gymnastics and such.

Blade governs the character's skill with knives, swords, claymores, etc.

Likewise, Blunt governs a character's skill with maces, warhammers, axes, etc.

Hand-to-Hand governs a character's skill with fist-fighting.

Marksman is a character's skill with a bow.

Blog Entries

Alrighty, here's what we have so far:

Physical Stats
    Weapon Stats
    Spellcasting Stats

As to the topic of special abilities/skills unlocked at certain proficiencies, an example of what I had in mind might be...

Custom Spellmaking - Requirements: Mana - Level 20 (Prior to this point, only spells acquired via the Mages Guild may be learned)
    Last edited by Master Mew; 23rd August 2011 at 10:56 PM.

Blog Entries

I think it would actually be better if people could teach themselves spells from experience. Mostly just because the mages guild is really, really expensive, and only gives scholarships to people who are really, really, really good.

Also this RP is really cool. It's like Percy Jackson. You can be a god's reincarnation and have powers and you're at a school and it's totally radical!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouthful of Pi View Post
    I think it would actually be better if people could teach themselves spells from experience. Mostly just because the mages guild is really, really expensive, and only gives scholarships to people who are really, really, really good.
    They wouldn't have to join to purchase a spell tome, would they?

Blog Entries

Actually, they probably would, if it was from the guild. Their main goal is to stop people from summoning eldritch abominations in the middle of Tuseid, so it's unlikely they would sell anyone who wasn't a student, and thus doesn't have proper training, a tome. But then, it's not like they can stop non-affiliated wizards from selling spells. Ancev and his bros don't approve, especially because without them, they'd have a monopoly on magic use, but they can't do anything about it for that exact reason.

Blog Entries

Alright, then how about we develop a list of "Basic" spells for each of the three schools, to be learned/acquired by characters below Mana Level 20 who can't create their own.

Template:
    Spell Name:
    Effect(s):
    [Magic School] Level Required to Cast:
    Mana Cost (magic use per post cannot exceed your total Mana level):

Custom spells would be submitted to me via PM with only the Spell Name and Effect(s) fields filled in, I would assign the remaining fields.

Does that make any sense at all?

Blog Entries

Alright, I guess that would work, though I think it might be good to lower the amount of Mana ranks needed, to, say, 10 or 15? Anyway, I'll make a few. Should I just PM them to you, orpost them here?

Blog Entries

@Mouthful of Pi
    Probably post them here, for reference. And sure, I guess fifteen could work.

Blog Entries

well since your pm box is full

for may stat points add 1 to stealth, one to marksman and two to blade.

Assassins Guild

Strike fast. Unseen. Fade Away.

The Motto of any good assassin. We seek turning the tides not but brute force, but though skill and cunning. Few survive after the Guild has it's orders. Those who do will forever look over their shoulders looking for another. The dark is their ally and their greatest among their few. Assassins could take well over a month of watching before finding a perfect time to strike. But time is money and the longer a job takes the less profit the guild and the assassin gets.
    "The military don't start wars. Politicians start wars."

- William Westmoreland

"The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."

-Douglas MacArthur

Blog Entries

@tyler212
    Sorry about that! I've cleared up some space in my inbox now. Your Stat Points have been updated and your Guild Description has been added.

Blog Entries

I think that it might be cool if we made it so spells could use Bound Mana. It's like in Dragon Age, where some spells can be switched on and off, and while they're on, your maximum mana is effectively reduced by however much mana is bound to the spell. So if the sorceror Xykon had three mana, and used his acid bolt spell which costs three mana to kill a dude, he could use 1 bound mana to raise him as a zombie. But then, as long as the guy was a zombie, he couldn't use acid bolt until he released the bound mana, killing (Unkilling? Unundeadening? Whever.) the zombie. Your thoughts?

Blog Entries

Essentially a Passive Spell-Effect? I don't see why not. I like it. Makes sense for summoning, at least (whether it be a summoned creature, summoned weapon, summoned armor, etc.)

Also, I've been hard at work adding new sections to the Sign-Up page. You'll find them under the "Land of Armeira" tab. Check it out and let me know what you think.

The pressing matter that remains now seems to be the list of Basic Spells. I'd really like to get ten or so for each of the three Arcane Schools.

Last edited by Master Mew; 23rd August 2011 at 11:40 PM.

Was Buggabo99909 Roserade299909's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, a few low level elemental spells from a mmorpg my family plays would be Flare, Ice Spear, Lightning Javelin, and Stone Daggers.

With flare, it is a small ball of fire(with it's big brother being fireball) being thrown at the enemy.
    Ice Spear, I think that is a bit self explanatory, A spear of Ice is thrown at the enemy.
    Lightning Javelin, the picture shows a arrow of lightning drawn in a shortbow, though, that makes no sense to me. It's a javelin thrown at the enemy.
    Stone Daggers are to daggers(like throwing daggers) sent flying at the enemy.

All of them do require things thrown, though it makes a bit of sense, they are the lowest level of there type.

Healing breeze is an enchantment(elongated spell) that makes them naturally heal faster.
    Heal Area, quite self explanatory, heals everything around the user(with a targeted version named heal other, yet you can change one aspect of it and name it heal)
    Shielding hands, the effect is to lower damage done to the enchanted person(another elongated spell)

Animate Bone horror brings a fallen ally to your side as a bundle of bones and a bit of flesh(rotted flesh), leaving a dead corpse that cannont be used again for anoter thing like it.
    Vampiric gaze, the effect is you steal life from the enemy.
    Life Siphon, This is a elongated spell that takes your enemies life, and makes it yours
    Imaginary Burden, Elongated Spell that Slows your enemy down by making them think of horrible memories and such.
    Ilusionary Phantom, The opposite of Healing Breeze, Elongated Spell that makes your enemy degenerate faster, slowly killing it.

All courtesies go to Guild Wars, which is where I got the spells from.

I take no credit for this banner, Kamex made it for me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast