An untamed land - (Wild Jr. and GastlyGibus)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An untamed land - (Wild Jr. and GastlyGibus)

Blog Entries

Follow GastonGibus on Tumblr Visit GastonGibus's Youtube Channel

Default An untamed land - (Wild Jr. and GastlyGibus)

Despite the taming of lands, there remain several areas untouched by humanity. For better or worse, these lands remain free of the influence of technology, allowing a much deeper connection to nature than most cities. These lands exist either as their own region, or even in certain pockets of already inhabited lands. In these places, certain civilizations form amongst the inhabitants, specifically, the pokemon within them. It is in the Weaver Mountains that our story takes place.

Beams of sunlight shone through the cracks in the trees, fighting with the shadows of the forest for dominance. The first signs of dawn on the small village. Small pockets of activity began to appear, as the inhabitants woke up, beginning their morning routine. The Timburr workers began their construction efforts among the trees, helped along by several Aipom as they began their constructs. Viridian, a humble Wartortle shopkeeper, began to set up her wares for the day. So far from her home on the beaches and near the oceans, but she found a living in this quaint town. Waving hello to the inhabitants as she set up shop, the day seemed normal, like any other.

Towards the west, in a path that lead deeper into the untamed forests, she saw something peculiar. A small brown pokemon with a pack thrown over his back, crawling along with his stubby yellow legs, his glowing red eyes not showing any sort of emotion as they stared down the path.

"Ah, yes. Habitation. Civilization. L'mir might find supplies here..." the pokemon, a Kabuto, thought to himself as he wandered towards the city. He had never seen this place before. Of course, he was a traveler, a vagrant of sorts, so nearly every location was new to him. Amongst the shadows of the forest, he could make out small homes built into the land, hollow spaces carved out of the hills to provide residence for the pokemon. There were a few small tents and tables scattered about the forest clearing, full of pokemon offering their services and wares. As he crept closer into the village, he noticed Viridian, just as she had finished setting up her shop.

"Greetings, stranger," Viridian said with a smile. "Haven't seen you around here. I take it you are a traveler?"

"The Turtle pokemon speaks the truth," the Kabuto replied. Though you couldn't see it on his face, his tone held a cheerful sound to it. "L'mir is a wanderer. L'mir is in need of supplies." His spoke with an accent that Viridian couldn't quite place. Definitely a traveler, though he seemed like a decent fellow.

"The name's Viridian," she replied, "and if you need supplies, you've definitely come to the right place! Anything in particular you were needing?"

"Oh, L'mir requires several things. L'mir can trade for them. L'mir come across many trinkets in travels. Viridian find them suitable, yes?" L'mir spoke quickly, with the same cheerful tone in his voice.

Viridian chuckled at the Kabuto. His manner of speech was different, amusing, in a way. She kept her smile as she allowed L'mir to examine her wares.
    Last edited by GastonGibus; 5th March 2014 at 12:54 PM.
    "How can you read this? There's no pictures!"

|No one writes like Gaston!|
    |It's Electric: Cranking it to Eleven || A New Life - For Better or Worse|

Blog Entries
    Follow Wild Jr. On Twitter
    Follow Wild Jr. on Tumblr

Default Re: An untamed land - (Wild Jr. and GastlyGibus)

Wild Jr., a Cyndaquil, woke up. A familiar sensation tugged at him. He knew what it was. A thirst (or hunger?) for adventure. He had to suppress the feeling, like he had been doing for months now. Just as he was getting ready to go to the tiny Poké-School in the village, the feeling returned, stronger than ever.

He knew he had to stop it, but had no idea how. He knew that he couldn't just give in to it, though. His father, an Arcanine, and his mother, a Typhlosion, had already talked to him about this feeling. To cut a long story short, they told him he was too young to go on adventures and to hurry up with his breakfast and go to school.

"Too young? Pschaw!", Wild Jr. thought, remembering this talk. He was the equivalent of 17 human years old!

The feeling was building up within him with every minute that passed. He realised that there was nothing he could do about it. Maybe it was time to listen to his own heart, rather than his parents' wishes...
    The_Wild_Jr
    3540-0923-8026
    Wild_And_Mark
    wild_jr
    wildjr.tumblr.com
    @Wild_Jr_Rulezzz

Credits:
    Profile Pic and Avatar: joy-ling on DeviantArt
    Trainer Cards: Pokecharms
    Social Icons: PokeCommunity and BMGf

Blog Entries

As L'mir and Viridian continued their trading, directly behind them, from the southern path, came a small Poliwag. The water type looked worried, frantically pacing to and fro, muttering to himself.

"What am I gonna do? This is bad, this is very, very bad!"

"Say, that looks like Juliana's child..." Viridian remarked, pausing once she noticed the young Poliwag. "Shouldn't he be in school?"

"Hm?" L'mir looked behind him, noticing the young pokemon as well. "The child looks worried..."
    Last edited by GastonGibus; 4th March 2014 at 10:23 PM.

Blog Entries

Wild Jr. headed out. He knew he was supposed to go towards school, but instead he went near the edge of the forest.

The rising sun illuminated the trees, creating a beautiful scene. The red and orange hues blended together to make it an unbelievable right.

"What would it be like", thought Wild Jr., "to venture out through that?"

Turning back, something caught his eye. Near Viridian's shop was a Pokémon he had never seen before. He recognized it from his history textbook, though. That was a Kabuto, and he looked like a traveller himself.

Wild Jr. went over to talk to him. Maybe he could help him follow his dreams. School could wait.
    The_Wild_Jr
    3540-0923-8026
    Wild_And_Mark
    wild_jr
    wildjr.tumblr.com
    @Wild_Jr_Rulezzz

Credits:

Blog Entries

Then, just as suddenly as the Poliwag appeared, he vanished, scurrying towards the small village school and running inside.

"Huh," Viridian remarked, bewildered at the child's actions. She shrugged, as it was probably nothing to worry about. As she resumed her trading with L'mir, she noticed one of the village locals, Wild Jr., approaching.

"G'mornin', Wild!" Viridian greeted, waving at the Cyndaquil as he approached. "Beautiful day, isn't it?"

Blog Entries

"Hi, Viridian!", Wild Jr. said. "How's the shop today?"
    The_Wild_Jr
    3540-0923-8026
    Wild_And_Mark
    wild_jr
    wildjr.tumblr.com
    @Wild_Jr_Rulezzz

Credits:

Blog Entries

"Business as usual," she replied with a friendly smile. "Anything I can do for you?"

Meanwhile, L'mir was busy browsing through the wares, muttering a list of items he'd need for his travels.

"Oran berries. Pecha berries. Apples, no, oranges! Yes. Gummis? Hmmm..."

Blog Entries

"No, thanks, Viridian. I came here to speak to the Kabuto-traveller-guy, actually", Wild Jr said. Then, turning to the Kabuto, he added "Hello! My name is Wild Jr. What's yours?"
    The_Wild_Jr
    3540-0923-8026
    Wild_And_Mark
    wild_jr
    wildjr.tumblr.com
    @Wild_Jr_Rulezzz

Credits:

Blog Entries

"Oh!" L'mir exclaimed, slightly startled by the Cyndaquil as he introduced himself. He quickly regained his composure, turning to face the Cyndaquil. "I am called L'mir. You wish to speak to me?"

Blog Entries

"Yup. You are a traveller, right?", Wild Jr. said. "An adventurer. Well, I want to be one too, but I have no idea how. And my parents won't allow me, that's another problem."
    The_Wild_Jr
    3540-0923-8026
    Wild_And_Mark
    wild_jr
    wildjr.tumblr.com
    @Wild_Jr_Rulezzz

Credits:

Blog Entries

"Oh no, you misunderstand," the Kabuto responded, a bit taken aback by the Cyndaquil's line of questioning. "L'mir does not travel for excitement, adventure. No. L'mir is a... hmmm..." L'mir thought for a moment, trying to find the words to describe himself. "Vagrant. Wanderer. Vagabond... Homeless."

The Kabuto stopped for a moment, tapping his front legs on the ground slightly. "L'mir does not travel for excitement, and L'mir's life is not glamorous. Sorry to disappoint, Wild, was it? L'mir is not sure if this is what you thought, ehehehe..."

Blog Entries

"Oh", said Wild Jr. sadly. He was sure that L'mir was an adventurer too. Why else would he travel? It had never occured to him that there might be other reasons for a person to travel.

"Okay, then", he said, unable to hide his disappointment. "Sorry for bothering you, then."
    The_Wild_Jr
    3540-0923-8026
    Wild_And_Mark
    wild_jr
    wildjr.tumblr.com
    @Wild_Jr_Rulezzz

Credits:

Blog Entries

L'mir was about to respond, when suddenly the Poliwag from earlier came running up to them from the school. He looked incredibly worried, stopping in front of the shop stall in a panic.

"Viridian! You gotta help me!" he cried, looking at the Wartortle with a frightened expression.

"Slow down, kid. What's the matter?" Viridian asked reassuringly.

"Well..." the Poliwag looked around, noticing Wild Jr. whom he recognized, and the Kabuto stranger. He thought for a moment, before finding the right words to say. "Promise you guys won't tell momma. She'd be awful mad if she found out!"

Blog Entries

"Okay", said Wild Jr. "I promise. What's up?"
    The_Wild_Jr
    3540-0923-8026
    Wild_And_Mark
    wild_jr
    wildjr.tumblr.com
    @Wild_Jr_Rulezzz

Credits:

Blog Entries

"L'mir gives his word." The Kabuto said, looking intently at the Poliwag.

"I won't tell either, now what's going on?" Viridian asked the young pokemon.

"Well..." the Poliwag started, nervously, "me and my friend Koba went out to play in the Deep Woods early today, before school. I know it's dangerous there, but we've done it so many times, and nothings ever happened! W-well... we were playing in the woods, racing each other to the exit... and when I got there, I looked behind me... and Koba wasn't there! I-I think he got lost in there!" The Poliwag started whimpering, looking as if he were about to cry. "I don't know what to do! I tried calling out to him, but he didn't answer!"

"Oh dear! Child, don't worry! Everything will be fine, I'm sure Koba will be fine." Viridian said reassuringly, stepping out from behind the counter and kneeling down in front of the Poliwag, giving the lad a gentle hug.

"The Deep Woods?" L'mir asked in confusion. "What is this place you speak of?"

"The Deep Woods is exactly what it sounds like," Viridian answered, the Wartortle pointing towards the southern path. "It's an extremely dense forest to the south of here. Very easy to get lost in. Also very dangerous. There's a lot of wild pokemon in there; pokemon who've lost their senses, if only for a moment. Sometimes they'll attack you on sight. It's been happening more and more recently. I can't imagine why..."

"W-wild pokemon?!" The Poliwag shouted, his face growing more worried. Viridian turned to face him again, trying to calm him down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast