Unova: The Outsiders - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Unova: The Outsiders

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Unova: The Outsiders

"I... don't really know. I just ran into the forest to escape some kid I ran into back in the city. It's a very long story; you wouldn't believe half of it," I said to Shadow. When I said the last part, I meant it literally. This Pokemon would not believe me at all if I said I was a human since- well, you know- that I'm currently a Fennekin. Thinking back to earlier, I wondered if I could have fought off that trainer and be completely fine. I've seen a Quick Ball fail several times before, but not that often. If he had caught me, I could have had the slightest chance to escape. Then he probably would have used a Great Ball or Ultra Ball, using his Pokemon to fight me. Then I remembered that the trainer had a Marill, which would have taken out a fire-type such as myself with ease. If that had happened, then I would have ran for it. Maybe running into this forest was inevitable?
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Fox Witch of Red Arylett Dawnsborough's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@That Guy @Klopp

She looked at him as he continued to hold the glasses and talk with that Riolu, uttering a mumbled apology at not naming him which most likely was left unheard. Now, they were exchanging names, and she felt sort of like an awkward third party to this. Sort of like how she always felt when two people interacted around her. But she listened carefully, and heard the Riolu... not know what he was? Her suspicions increased. He didn't have a trainer and had accessories, and then his own species was apparently unknown to him. Kind of like how she didn't have a trainer with apparent... wait.

"Uh... you don't know what you are? That's a bit... odd. If you don't mind my saying. Does that mean... hmm..." The Fennekin got a bit closer to the Riolu, intentionally trying to get as far from the now named Pawie. It didn't occur to her that a wild Pokemon might not know how to spell, or that he might've been in the same situation as her. He certainly didn't act it. But this Riolu guy... well, once she felt confident enough, she uttered to him as quietly as she could.

"Are you... not actually a.. I know this is a... strange question. But um... err... a real Riolu?"

Don't Under-Estimate Cute Shadow The Shiny Umbreon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Facebook Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Google+
    Follow Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Tumblr

Trainer? I had forgotten about them. Now that I was a pokemon, I could be caught. I couldn't remember if any were near me, but since we were near a city, and Nimbasa at that, there would be alot of trainers near. That was a top thing now; I didn't want to be a trainers pet. Wait, was this how wild pokemon felt?

"Well, at least you got away. I probably wouldn't have." That was true. I still wasn't completely used to this body and the new senses. The hearing was incredible, the smells were everywhere, and although my vision was a bit blurry, I could see sharper shades of color while loosing some color shades completely. "Do you have any idea where we could get some food? I haven't had anything since yesterday."

Blog Entries

My stomach growled quietly, loud enough for only me to hear,

"Food does sound really nice right now, doesn't it?" I sighed, "Well this is a forest, there should be berries around here..." I wasn't exactly sure what certain types of berry bushes looked like. Growing up in urban environment, I don't usually see that many gardens. I would normally go to a market or a florist in Join Avenue to get berries, but in the wild, I have absolutely no idea what they looked like...

@Arylett Dawnsborough

Things started to get very weird now, with the Fennekin asking if he were a real Riolu. Of course he wasn't, or at least he shouldn't be. However with this turn of events, it seemed very likely she was in the same sort of predicament she was in. That would explain her accessories, behavior, abnormal appearance, lack of being able to walk, and why she would even bother asking that question to begin with. Whatever the case, she didn't seem at all interested in harming him one way or another, so honesty was clearly the best choice here.

"Um... no. And... judging from what I've seen... you aren't either, right? What about this... Pawie guy?"

He looked back to the Snivy, seeing no real difference between him and any other Snivy he had seen. He also seemed to get by walking as a Pokemon and had no notable odd behavior. He just seemed like a typical wild Pokemon... apart from the fact that he could understand every word he said.

"He looks like a normal Pokemon to me."

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

"Charmed," quoth I. "At least I'm, by all accounts, convincing. But no. Yesterday I was Pawie the human. Today, I'm Pawie the Snivy. Tomorrow...well, probably still a Snivy, if I'm reading the conversation correctly here."

There was something about his words that bothered me slightly. I'm just a normal Pokémon. That could have its advantages, yes, and I'm not exactly the type to deliberately stand out with accessories and exaggerated behavioural patterns and what-have-you (despite, I realised, the fact that my full name translates more or less exactly as "peacock feather"), but there was something about being labelled as 'plain' that didn't sit right with me. Whatever. I'm not going to complain. Pawie the Snivy, as I had decided to call myself just now, would just have to be regular, and make do with that.
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

I run the Yourovision Song Contest. Join us!
    Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

Blog Entries
    Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Facebook Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Google+

"Well, lets find a berry bush then." I said. Berries weren't that hard to find, but it was hard to find a specific type. And since I lost some colors, that made it more difficult. I started to walk in a direction, making it look as though I knew where to go.

Soon, we came across some berries. I couldn't tell exactly what berry it was, but I went ahead to try to get one. Doing this proved to be difficult, as the berries were near the top of the bush. I tried standing up to get one, but fell on my back. Annoyed, I ran to the bush to attempt to shake it, but it still didn't loosen a berry. "How were the berries still not falling off?!" I thought. "I tried everything..."

Blog Entries

I saw a larger berry at the top of the bush, which neither of us could have reached. It smelled... odd... I wasn't sure how to describe it. But it was pink and attached to a smaller pink fruit. I got up on my hind legs and placed my forelegs on the stem for support. I felt so short, if I were a human again I could just pick it off easily, then again if I was human, I wouldn't have to be doing this right now.

My nose twitched, and my eyes began to itch a little. I immediately knew what that meant, but now is not the best time to start being allergic to pollen. As I stretched my neck to hopefully reach at least one of the berries, I sneezed, and embers went flying out from my face. It caused me to lose my balance and fall flat on my back, with the strangely large berry falling down right next to me. Feeling successful out of luck, I quickly got back to my feet until I saw the berry- well... it was running away, and I caught a glimpse of a face on it. I turned my head towards Shadow,

"I... think I almost could have eaten a sleeping Cherubi..." I looked back at the bush, "Maybe if we climb on each other's backs, we could-" then my sneeze interrupted me. But instead of firing out embers, it blasted out flames, igniting a portion of the plant, "Sorry! I have allergies!" I apologized as it began to burn.

Blog Entries

@Klopp @That Guy

After a while, she scooted her glasses closer to her eyes with her paw, finding the lack of fingers to be quite bothersome. She felt a bit jealous of the two. At least they still had use of their front limbs for grabbing.

"Well... I guess it's outta the bag now. No, I'm really not a Fennekin. And... if Pawie used to be human, and I used to be human... I can presume that... you used to be human too, yes?" She gazed indirectly at the Riolu through her spectacles, being reminded of how ridiculous she must've looked through his own spectacled appearance. Her mind churned its gears in those seconds of silence, trying to find something else to say in this odd situation. Awkwardness was not something that she had tolerated. Her nerves were absolutely fraught by it.

"Uh... my name's Arylett, by the way. And uh... I don't believe that this is a coincidence that we all happen to maybe be in the same situation and are meeting here. Something must've happened. But if I'm honest, we're just lucky we haven't run into any REAL wild Pokemon y-yet. Or... trainers, right? They'd try to catch us, and... erm... things. But I think we should stick together... if that's okay. It wouldn't be a good idea to... go separate ways if we don't understand our own bodies. Maybe we can... get to the bottom of this together. Again though, it's your decisions. I can... go off on my own as well."

She felt a little more talkative after they had revealed to her their true nature, as though there was a strange bond between the three of them revealed by the bizarre situation. A bond, she felt, should remain unbroken in spite of her prior thoughts of wanting to run away. Even if she partially wanted to go on her own, who knows how well she'd fair without some help in a body she didn't understand? Without... hands or arms or some kind of grabbing limbs like they had? It would've been stupid, and dangerous. Arylett only hoped they'd understand.

Blog Entries

For me, this was quite the food for thought. Ordinarily, I'd snub any offer of partnership on the grounds that I don't need the help of others; I'm perfectly adequate on my own. But in light of these circumstances, I would have to weigh the benefits of teaming up against my own pride-- which, in itself, I suppose, could only be inflated by the nature of inhabiting a body of this particular species.

"...Fine," I said, at last. "It can't do more harm than good, if we work together. And we appear to have become particularly uncommon Pokémon, which puts us at even more of a risk from Trainers, if nothing else. Besides all that, what sense would it make if the three of us were to split up, investigate what made this happen (or die trying), only to meet up again at the end of it all?"

I stopped speaking for a moment, shutting my eyes in a gesture that I'd have to use instead of massaging my temples, as I'd ordinarily do. At this stage, I felt sure, I was rambling. Arylett had said all that needed saying. I only had to give assent, not justify why. Perhaps I just wanted to put my own mind at unquestioning ease with the set-up.
    I don't need anyone, I reminded myself. These are just exceptional circumstances.
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

So apparently they had all were humans recently turned into Pokemon. It can't have been a coincidence that all of them were in the same location, but the main question is why has this happened to them? Did some crazy scientist do experiments on them all without their permission and somehow this was the result? There were so many questions, but absolutely no answers. Whatever sort of nonsense sorcery was afoot, the smartest move was definitely for the three to stick together.

"Yes, we should stick together. Alone we likely wouldn't stand a chance in the wild... even together we aren't safe but better here than in a town or city. I'd rather go face to face with just about any wild Pokemon than get caught by a trainer..."

The thought of becoming a trainer's Pokemon gave him a bit of a chill. Imagining anyone catching a Pokemon that used to be a human was something he never thought of before. It was an interesting concept, but still very terrifying. Not something he wanted to experience as the human-turned-Pokemon that was caught, or as the clueless trainer who didn't even realize that he had a human in his Pokeball.

"...Yeah, I think we should avoid people at all costs for now. I don't know what else to do, so why don't we-"

He was interrupted by a loud, but familiar, grumbling noise. His stomach was roaring like a wild beast. He paused for a brief moment.

"...see if we can... find some food?"

Blog Entries

"Well, it looks like this isn't going anywhere," I thought. I had forgotten that Cherubi were in this forest. I felt disappointed that we couldn't find food, until I picked up a scent. It was the most wonderful thing I ever smelt, even if I was a human. This snout was great.

"Come on, this way." I said. I had to find out where it was coming from. After about five minutes of walking, we came across a bush. There were many berries on it, and I went over to pick one. When I did, the berry juice seeped into my maw. It was the best thing since milkshakes on a hot summer day. Even though I couldn't tell what berry this was, I had a guess that it was a Pecha berry; I have always liked them since I was young.

"Hey, Sol, come and get a berry. They taste like they are ripe." I called out to him.

Blog Entries

I approached the bush with cautiousness, afraid I might set it on fire like I did the last one. I nudged a Pecha Berry with my nose, and without hesitation I bit into it. It was very sweet, but it wasn't overloaded with sugars. When I had finished my first one, I picked off another one,

"These aren't bad. You did a pretty good job finding them." I said before I bit into the second berry. I felt somewhat embarrassed that I couldn't have found it just as easily, but then again this Zorua has been a Pokemon for his whole life, and I, on the other hand, have only been like this for a few hours. By the time I had finished the Pecha berry, the scar on my foreleg had stopped burning from earlier, and it felt more comfortable to use it.

Blog Entries

@Klopp @That Guy

She grinned a bit to herself, glad that she had made some sort of valuable contribution. So it was agreed then. They would be travelling along... for now. Though she had the sense that Pawie was a bit reluctant to come along for the journey, due to the way he had rubbed his temples together. Well, he agreed. It wasn't for her to worry abou-

...Did that Riolu think of anything but food?

"Okay... okay. We'll go find food already. Just one thing. I don't think we've... uh. Gotten your name? I mean, if we're going to do this thing, we should at least call each other something other than "That Riolu" or "That Fennekin." She cocked her head curiously to the side as she went to a nearby bush with some azure blue fruit. Oran Berries. Arylett pawed at them a bit, trying to avoid using her mouth. It would be unsanitary to eat unwashed berries, after all. And even more to put her mouth over his food. As she kept poking at the bush, there was a bizarre growling noise coming from it. A... wild Pokemon?

Arylett decided to back away. Far away. In doing so, she nearly fell atop her tail, but managed to catch herself last minute.

"Uh... nevermind that! So... um... maybe in those trees up there, you might be able to punch some berries out of them." Her dark eyes momentarily settled on the Riolu. Then flickered over to Pawie. "Or Vine Whip some, in your case."

Blog Entries

"Right..." I said, hesitating and nodding slowly. "...Just as soon as I work out how."

Ja pierdolę! That last part was out loud, wasn't it?!
    I was rather quick to reprimand myself. Rule number one of working with strangers: never admit one's own weaknesses! I might be steady on my new feet- being just as bipedal as I had been yesterday- but this body, unlike Arylett's or that Riolu's, was far, far less oriented towards direct physical assault, in favour of manipulation of extremities I didn't even know I had, and other nature-based capabilities whose methods of execution passed me by completely. I might be more agile, and I might blend in a bit more, but when it came to battle, I might well be screwed.

...But perhaps I was overthinking it. After all, we had agreed to work together. Maybe using these moves of mine wouldn't come into play at all. Or maybe I'd figure them out in time, just right conveniently before they were crucially necessary. At this point, I couldn't possibly say.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast