Unova: The Outsiders - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Unova: The Outsiders

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Unova: The Outsiders

I noticed the Riolu at the same time she did, and, to be quite frank, I found those glasses infinitely more amusing than her inability to walk. It wasn't that I was prejudiced against those who needed glasses, by any means; they just looked so out of place on a Riolu. And that earned an extension to my smirk.

"Care to join us?" I asked. "Or are you fine with just spectating?"
    ...I may have accidentally made it a bit too obvious that my choice of words had contained a sly dig at our bespectacled observer. Unintentionally, of course. Still, nature of the beast, I suppose. People must have nicknamed this species I'd become 'Smugleaf' for a reason.
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

I run the Yourovision Song Contest. Join us!
    Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

Don't Under-Estimate Cute Shadow The Shiny Umbreon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Facebook Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Google+
    Follow Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Tumblr

Ok. everyone is on now. apple your turn
    lets get as much as we can. as soon as apple posts ill edit this i think

He wasn't really thinking much of anything at the Fennekin before, but soon after she started stumbling around the two Pokemon started talking to one another and he could understand them perfectly. He was thrown off guard for a second but it didn't surprise him too much to hear Pokemon talking, after all he must still be in a dream. He was hoping she would again try to walk so he could get another laugh, but before she moved he was again distracted by his growling stomach. Then he had a strange thought... how could he be hungry if he were in a dream? Usually when he is dreaming such feelings are entirely non-existent. Whatever the case, he decided he needed to get himself some food before his stomach would implode, but before he could the Snivy asked him if he wanted to join them. He responded quickly.

"Um... No I don't mind, I'm just hungry right now. Would either of you know where I can get something to eat? I'm starving, and could really use a big steak."

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OOC: By the way, you should put in OOC if you're making a short little message like that. It stands for "Out Of Character", which means you aren't playing as your character right now. Then just say you're going back in character at the end if you're going to add more to the RP. Like this.

The Zorua tried to run, but tripped over a root and fell over. I took one step towards him, feeling a bit relieved. If he was as clumsy as I was this morning, then he can't be too much of a threat. Hopefully he doesn't sneeze out embers like I do.

I walked closer towards him, poking him with my right paw to see if he was alright,

"Uh... hey, are you going to attack me at all? Also, are you okay? You're walking like someone who just swallowed a spiked drink..."
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Blog Entries
    Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Facebook Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Google+

While I was down, the fox came over to me and said something to me. Well, at least I knew now that it was friendly. "Ugh, what hap-" is all I was able to say before I realized my voice was different.

Instead of a mid-teen rough voice, my voice now sounded like an energized 10 year old kid. That shocked me alot, causing me to cover my mouth quickly. That was one thing I would have never expected to appear in this form. "Yeah, i think," I quickly blurted out. That caused a smirk to come onto the fox's face. I quickly felt embarrassed, one because I was shy around other people and now pokemon; two because I just made a fool of myself.

Hold up. Did it say a spiked drink? How did it know what that was? "Excuse me if i'm being rude, but how did you know what a spiked drink was?" I asked nervously.

Fox Witch of Red Arylett Dawnsborough's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@That Guy @Klopp

She sneered at the Riolu's first mention of food, but was at least relieved that he didn't seem intent on mocking her quite as much as the Snivy. The new Fennekin noticed them adapting to their bipedal stance much more easily... and felt even more embarrassed. Of course she was the one who had to be stuck with the confusing moving body. Thankfully, they were distracted with each other... now was her chance to make some attempt at movement.

Her legs wobbled slightly as she slowly lifted herself up from the ground onto all fours. Standing was a bit easier now, at least. Almost felt somewhat natural. Perhaps this wouldn't be so-

She stumbled once again the moment she took a step to move, cursing these thin legs and their strange new center of balance. Hopefully, they didn't notice and that new Riolu was distracted with eating a steak. (How ridiculous! A small thing like him eating an entire steak?) At the very least, she hadn't fallen down this time. She could just pretend she was standing there the entire time and nothing had happened yet. That she had merely gotten up...

...When her glasses fell onto the grass with a light clatter. Wait, she still had those? She didn't notice. Oh, what hypocrisy! She looked almost as stupid as the Riolu now too!

Trying to take some attention away from her movement incompetency, she continued the topic of food.

"Well... I don't really know where we could find a steak here. You obviously have a trainer of some sort. Can't you just ask... whoever put those accessories on you for some?" She addressed the Riolu a bit sputteringly, not really paying attention to her words so much as her nerves.

@Arylett Dawnsborough

Before the Snivy made any response, he noticed the Fennekin stumbling a bit out of the corner of his eye. Klopp held back a snicker as he watched her glasses fall to the grass. He began walking, and occasionally stumbling, closer to the pair of Pokemon as the Fennekin pointed out that he must obviously have a trainer due to his glasses. He stood confused, as she also had glasses and many other accessories as well. If any Pokemon here had a trainer, it was surely her.

"No, you're mistaken. I don't have a trainer. Actually, I'm..."

He cut himself off. He was about to mention he was simply in a dream, but at this point things seemed to be getting a little too realistic to be a mere fabrication. Perhaps... he wasn't simply dreaming and maybe somehow he had been turned into a Pokemon? Everything felt too real, especially his hunger. And if it were real, how would wild Pokemon react to him saying he was a human who turned into a Pokemon? He figured to be a bit more careful about what he would say around any other Pokemon. But was she a wild Pokemon? Her own accessories just left him baffled, but after a brief silence he decided it best to throw her own question right back at her.

"Hold on a second. You mention my glasses, but what about you? Most wild Pokemon don't even have one accessory, let alone three. Where did you get those?"

Blog Entries

"The Internet," I immediately replied, acting as if it was obvious. But it wasn't really obvious now, was it? I had forgotten again that I was talking to a Wild Pokemon, someone who wouldn't know much about people and what they do. Suddenly I realized that I could be bombarded with questions any second now. The Zorua would probably ask if I have a trainer or if I can read English or any question fitting in those categories. But thinking over his words again, I figured that he may know a thing or two about humans. If he knows the meaning of "spiked" in that certain context, would that mean he's been around humans long enough to understand some of their terms? But at this moment, I should break the ice before this gets too awkward,

"M-my name is Sol... what's yours?"

Blog Entries

"Umm, I'm Shadow," I nervously replied. I had no clue what to say to a wild pokemon, so i stupidly asked, "Do you live here?" Stupid! I thought. Of course he lives here. I blushed in embarrassment, because I just asked an obvious question. "I-ugh-meant, are you f-from around here?" I nervously stuttered, trying to make it look like I was from here.
    Last edited by Shadow The Shiny Umbreon; 5th October 2013 at 11:47 AM.

Fox Witch of Red Arylett Dawnsborough's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Klopp
    She stared at him with a look of wide-eyed confusion herself. No trainer? But then... whoa, wait. Three accessories?

"Huh? What are you talking about, three accessories? I... don't have any... do I?" The Fennekin blinked as she looked down at her chest, and saw a familiar sight; her necklace from when she was still a person was still there. Yet she wasn't fully clothed. She felt around her face with her paw for the third accessory and discovered her flower behind an ear, which flopped and twitched unpleasantly at being touched so briefly and with such light wind-like pressure. Those new ears of hers sure were sensitive.

"Oh! Wow. That's pretty silly. Why do I still have those? Erm... I mean, well, no. I don't have a trainer. I uh... I got them... from... the... erm..." She didn't quite know how to fake it here and grasped around for answers, before she found another distraction in the silent, strangely remarkless Snivy who seemed a bit snarky from before.

@That Guy

"Uh... errr, hey! You... Snivy. Could you do me a favor? Could you... pick up my glasses for me?"

Blog Entries

"I have a name, you know," I said with a slightly exaggerated scowl. "But whatever."

Perhaps I should have handled what followed differently, but I didn't. I retrieved her glasses by hand, whereas, I was quite sure, the average wild Snivy probably would have used Vine Whips as appendages, or something to that effect. Well, too bad. I didn't know how to do that.
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

Blog Entries

"Well, sort of. I just came in here through Nimbasa City..." Alright, this conversation was becoming more awkward by the second. I tried thinking of the next possible subject. What did I come here for again? Ah, right, to check on my scar. It still burned a little from earlier, but I hoped that it was alright, "Can you hold on here for a second? I need to check on this,"

Since I couldn't unwrap the bandage with my paws, I grabbed onto the edge of it with my teeth. Then I started unwrapping it until it was midway done. I was a bit shy about showing it, so I didn't let Shadow get too good of a look of it.

My scar wasn't exactly the kind of scar that you would see on cool movie characters. It was a chemical burn scar, the disgusting result of having dangerous acid touch your skin. It was more displeasing to look at before, but now that I was in a different body, I had some fur covering it. But it was a less amount of fur on the scar than on the rest of my body. Anyways, it wasn't bleeding from what happened back in the city, so I was fine. I quickly re-wrapped the bandage around my left foreleg and returned to the conversation,

"Sorry, I had an a bit of an accident earlier today and I needed to check if it was alright. Anyways, do you live here? Or are you from somewhere else?"

Blog Entries

"I'm not from around here. In fact I was traveling around, but.." I trailed off. How was I going to word that I was a human? Pondering for a moment, I decided to make up something," I wanted to explore here for a bit." Yeah, that would work.

"So, Sol, where you heading to?" I asked. To be honest, I had forgotten where I was heading before this happened. I haven't met many Pokemon, and at that a Fennekin. They were extremely rare. But I still didn't know what I was. I remember this form somewhere, but the colors were throwing me off.

Klopp was rather curious about the Snivy's name. Normally trainers give names to their Pokemon, but he was wondering what sort of names the wild Pokemon would give themselves. It certainly couldn't be a typical human name like Steve or something. He thought they must give themselves weird names like 'Mustislexlethorp'. But there was only one simple way to find out what his name might be.

"So what is your name then, Mr. Snivy?"

Before anyone had a chance to react, another thought entered Klopp's mind. He didn't quite know what kind of Pokemon he had become. Rather than bother taking a look at himself, he forgot about his situation before blurting out, and risked subsequently making himself look like a fool.

"Also, what kind of Pokemon am I?"

He immediately regretted those words, but just acted like it was a normal question in hopes that neither wouldn't think odd of him.

Blog Entries

"Pawie," I said, still looking aloof, proud of my name, even though it wasn't exactly native to the area and would thus sound a little strange. "Spelt with a W, pronounced with a V. And you, good sir, are a Riolu. I'm not quite sure what kind of a question that was meant to be, but there you go."

It did belatedly occur to me that perhaps it would strike them odd that I, ostensibly a wild Snivy, could have a concept of what 'spelling' is or how to apply it, but I dismissed this. I wasn't too bothered if they found out I used to be human. I just hadn't mentioned it yet, I told myself, because the subject hadn't come up.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast