Unova: The Outsiders

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Unova: The Outsiders

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Unova: The Outsiders

@Fox-type Lover; @That Guy; ('m not sure if the mention thing worked for me, but I'll message you guys anyways. Here we go)

It was morning, just a few hours before Noon. I was sleeping in a curled up position, but refusing to open my eyes. It was the weekend, and I wanted to sleep in a little longer. But it wasn't too long until the noises of the city began to enter my ears, and annoy me awake. I still kept my eyes closed, hoping I could fall back asleep, but I couldn't with the noise. I then felt a weak breeze brush across me. I must have kept the window open last night. I finally opened my eyes, so that I could get up, close the window, and get back to bed.

But I wasn't in my room, or my house for that matter. I was curled up against a bush, lying on the grass. Now less drowsy, and more confused, I attempted to stand up, only to fall onto my arms and legs. That was when I saw that I had no arms, only four yellow fox-like legs. I heard some mumbling, and my ears twitched- wait, I can twitch my ears now, too? What's happening? I focused on the sound of the mumbling,

"Hey... hey lady! Did someone hit you with Sleep Powder or something? You're looking kind of wobbly." I saw that the voice was coming from- you won't believe me- a Watchog! I started panicking, which was strange, because if this happened in my dreams then I wouldn't be afraid. I stumbled a bit as I came to my senses, praying that I was alright...
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Don't Under-Estimate Cute Shadow The Shiny Umbreon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Facebook Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Google+
    Follow Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Tumblr

Default Re: Unova: The Outsiders

It saw a Saturday morning. I was groggy and didn't want to get up. I tried to sleep in, but the sun was in my eyes. The combee were buzzing and the pidove were singing. The breeze was also getting to me. I wondered how it got through the tent, but shrugged it off. Slowly, I got up and yawned. At least now I could continue my journey. I tried to remember where I was, until I remembered I was in Lostlorn forest.

I tried to get up, but I fell onto my back. I sat there, dazed and wondered what happened. I then got a hold of my surroundings. I wasn't in my tent anymore, I was outside.I also noticed that the trees were way bigger than last time. I rubbed my eyes with my hands, trying to make sense of this. That's when I realized I didn't have hands anymore. Instead, I saw little blue paws. My arms were covered in a dark grey as well I looked at my feet, and sure enough, they looked the same way. I tried to stand again, but fell once more. I was too groggy to even move around so much. My ears were twitching, which surprised me. I went to feel my ears, but they weren't where they were supposed to be. Instead, they were on top of my head.

All the meanwhile, I couldn't figure out why they kept twitching, until my hearing kicked in. I heard a voice near me, and I looked in that direction. But all I saw was a Petilil. I was confused until I heard,'Hey! Hello? Are you there?" Once again, I looked at the Petilil. Did it just speak to me? I hoped that I was still dreaming right now....

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

Ugh, morning already?
    It felt as though I had only just managed to get to bed, and the sun was already up, shining with its pesky cheerfulness over the entire region. Ordinarily, I'd have the power to resist it for long enough to get a lie-in completely undisturbed, but today seemed different. I couldn't find a comfortable position in which to lie, and I felt as though, just by bathing in the light like this, I was being filled with energy and the capacity to get up for the day. This did not sit well with me. This, and the unshakeable notion that I felt as though I were lying at an angle the human spine wasn't meant to accommodate.

At last, I opened my eyes, then shut them again immediately. It was bright out, it seemed.
    ...Hold on a second. I opened my eyes just a crack. It was indeed bright out. And I was outside too, it seemed. I had no idea where I was-- I have a tendency to go slightly amnesiac first thing in the morning-- but I certainly wasn't at home; that much was clear.

Finally, my eyes adjusted to the light proper, and I willed myself to sit up. I took a moment to check my surroundings. Suffice to say, everything made me feel short, as, even sitting up, my eye-level was much closer to the ground than usual. Then something caught my attention. I crossed my eyes for a moment.
    That...is not my nose. Is that even a 'nose'? Well, whatever. It's not mine. I put a hand to it, then observed my newfound hands. These aren't my hands, either. What's going on here?

For the moment, this was all too much to take in. I stood, stumbled over to a tree, and sat back down, then lay back down, in the shade, trying to get back to sleep, to somehow dream this all away. Of course, this wouldn't work...but it wouldn't hurt to try, I told myself.
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

I run the Yourovision Song Contest. Join us!
    Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

Blog Entries

"What are you, anyways? You're either really rare or really anti-social, I've never seen you around before." The Watchog said to me. I ignored him at first, and focused more on what was happening. I feel so short, I would normally be towering over the Watchog and the plants, but now the other Pokemon was towering over me. I looked down at my left arm- I mean- leg, since I have four legs now. The bandage covering my scar is still on there.

"Are you going to answer me or not?" My mind snapped back to the Watchog. I breathed deeply and replied, hoping that it would come out sounding calm and mature. But I ended up blurting out my words by accident,

"What happened to me? Where am I? How can you talk? What am I?"

"Let's see... you woke up, you're in Nimbasa City, I've been able to talk since birth, and judging by the fact that you don't know what you are either, I guess you'd better figure out what you are."

I wasn't sure whether I should feel afraid, confused, or both. Now that I knew I was in Nimbasa, the area began to feel more familiar. I recognized this place as the amusement park I visited every so often. I saw the large Ferris Wheel, already turning at this time in the morning. If I remembered right, there was a fountain here. Maybe if I could see my reflection, I might figure out what's going on. I moved my legs in an awkward cycle, since I had no idea how to use them. I occasionally stumbled on my own feet- er- paws, but quickly tried to get back to basic walking. I left the grassy area where I woke up, and stepped onto the pavement.

I walked forward, hoping that no one would notice how clumsily I moved. But with the smaller amount of people at the park, no one seemed to notice. Eventually, I found the fountain, which was turned off for now. The water inside it was perfectly still, and I gazed into the mirror-like pool.

My face was fox-like and covered in yellow fur. My ears were... big, to say the least, and had very noticeable tufts of dark orange fur on the inside. I had a white muzzle with a black nose, but my eyes were still the same color as before. Blue on the edges, brown around the pupil; sunflower eyes. I was speechless. I looked like a Pokemon, but it wasn't too familiar to me. I think I might have seen it online, but never in real life. I couldn't remember the name, but it started with an F. Flareon? No... Flaaffy? No... Fenne-

I suddenly sneezed, and I saw embers fly into my face. I closed my eyes by instinct, but I opened them to find that I was alright. Okay, so I'm definitely a fire-type. What else is new? I turned around, trying to take this all in.

"Woah! What kind of Pokemon is that?" I heard a voice to the right of me. Some kid, probably 10, stood there with his Marill. He looked like a Pokemon trainer, "Maybe we should catch it..."

"Excuse me? I'm a human being... fox, Pokemon, thing! What're you talking about?" I said back to him. But I don't think he understood me, he acted like it was gibberish and pulled out his Pokedex.

"Fennekin, the Fox Pokemon-"

Well, now I'm for certain a Pokemon, and some kid seems like he wants to add me to his team. But I'm still a human on the inside, right? Right?

Blog Entries
    Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Facebook Add Shadow The Shiny Umbreon on Google+

Ok. After we post, we have to wait until all 3 of us post ours to start again. Just so we don't get ahead of ourselves. I'll edit this later for my part. And I mean the likes. I will try to get on at least 3 times a day. I live on the saetern coast, and i got school from 8:30 to 3:40, so that hinders me alot. Also, their internet is really bad. So at like 6-7 pm east coast, i will post mine.
    Last edited by Shadow The Shiny Umbreon; 1st October 2013 at 02:34 PM.

Fox Witch of Red Arylett Dawnsborough's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Noises, sounds, colors!

There was this guy she used to know, standing right in front of her. He ran in another direction, and the haze heightened. But she couldn't follow him! It seemed she had to turn on the special elevator so that she could go do her job. It was of the utmost importance. If she didn't do her job, the bad thing would happen. What this "bad thing" was wasn't really important. A general feeling of unpleasantness regarding these circumstances were enough to spur her journey on.

And so, she ignored the guy hastily, making her way towards the elevator on her flying surfboard.

Wh... wh... whooooa!

Damn! Was she losing her footing? The surfboard spiraled out of control, and she simply fell out of the sky... falling... falling... lights and shapes swirling around her. But she wasn't scared. Just frustrated. This fall was quite inconvenient and preventing her from doing her jo-

There was a brief flash of a yellowy red Pokemon's face, and then the sudden jolt panged throughout her entire body. It was a brisk sort of careless sensation that plummeted her headfirst through the barriers between asleep and awake. Her body shivered uncontrollably, a cold heat jumping throughout all of her limbs... some she didn't even recognize. For a few moments, she was barely conscious and could only recognize minorly annoying pricks of some unpleasant surface poking at her. But as soon as her mental facilities began to return to her... she began to question...

Why were there annoying pricks of some unpleasant surface?

Her eyes opened at this realization and he found herself surrounded by a sea of green. Green, green everywhere! What the hell? She didn't remember falling asleep in... greenland.

She soon realized that there were leaves all around her once most of the major intelligent facilities made their way through her tired brain. Logical thinking... a bush. She was inside some kind of bush.

"Last I remembered... I didn't fall asleep in a bush," she muttered groggily to herself, feeling as though there was something important she missed. Letting out a loud yawn, she shook herself off from the leaves. They felt quite annoying clinging to her body like that. And she still couldn't get the stupid things off! Everything just felt really off today. Her body felt so strange, being quite comfortable on her hands and knees like that. She didn't really feel like even getting up to walk for real. And what were these weird limbs that she could suddenly feel? Probably just more weird tiredness.

Disregarding such bizarre symptoms, she crawled slowly out of the bush and was assaulted by the blinding sun searing her retinas. She immediately covered her face with her arm, and waited for her eyes to adjust to the bright light level. But her arm wasn't quite doing the job. It was a bit... thinner than usual? She didn't know.

Her attention was distracted from this strange fact when she noticed herself facing the backside of what appeared to be a leaf-butt green snake. Wait, no. It was a Snivy. Silly tired mind.

It seemed to have been staring at its claws and then stumbled erratically around for a bit before it settled itself under a tree. Interesting. Perhaps she would make the best of the situation and catch the thing...

She tried to reach her arm to her Pokeball pocket, and winced in pain. That angle felt so wrong and so foreign to her. She must've sprained something in that arm? Yeah, that was it. So, now, the other one...

"Oooww owww! Dammit!"

No, not that one either. What in the name of Arceus was going on?

Seemingly thinner arms, comfort in crawling around on the ground on all fours, strange unrecognizable limbs... there was just one last thing to test before she confirmed what she thought it might be.

She made an attempt to stand up on her legs, but felt her spine protest. It also felt inexplicably wrong. As though there was some invisible weight on her back keeping her confined like this.

And this was the very moment when everything started to get pieced together in her nonsensical brain.

Her eyes rapidly looked down for the first time since waking up at her arms, and she saw in their place... paws. Very small, very thin paws. It was at this moment that she also realized that everything just suddenly felt bigger. Much bigger. It felt a rush of panic running through her body and rapidly turned her head as much as she could over her back... a tail. A tail that she willed to wag a bit back and forth. So... that must have meant...

She was a Pokemon of some sort. But not just any old one... one she had researched extensively. How very fitting, she thought. A Fennekin.

"Oh man, oh man, oh man... oh man!" The newly Fennekined young woman uttered frantically into the open, forgetting about the Snivy nearby.

Blog Entries

I sighed internally. Apparently, this neck of the wherever-I-was wasn't as quiet as I'd anticipated.
    "Do you mind?" I said indignantly, without getting up or even making an effort to see who was making the noise. "Trying to catch up on some sleep over here."

I noticed, at this point, that my voice didn't sound quite like it used to. I mean, the accent was still there-- that slight-but-unmistakable accent labelled as 'generically foreign' by others-- but the tone...I sounded, at least, more naturally-sharp-of-wit, but younger. Or perhaps just smaller. New voice for my apparently-new body.

In any case, I was in no mood, after all of these revelations about what I seemed to have become overnight, to be pestered by some inconsiderate other-person. Whether they felt the same way or not had yet to be seen-- but I doubted they'd back off now that they'd found company. Or prey. Or whatever I'd become.
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

Blog Entries

The trainer looked at me after his Pokedex had finished speaking its brief information. I wasn't sure what to do, I'm a Pokemon now; I guess a wild one. And he was a trainer, which could mean trouble. I wished I could explain it to him, but he doesn't understand a word I say. Even if I could speak like I used to, he probably wouldn't believe me. The boy pulled out a Quick Ball, which I assumed was empty,

"Okay Marill, let's be careful about this. We won't come across another one in a whi-"

Before he could finish, I clumsily sprinted off past him. I've seen how well Quick Balls work, and I don't want to get caught up in them. It's bad enough to be turned into a Fennekin, and even worse to be a human turned into a Fennekin owned by a 10 year old. As I ran faster and faster out of the park, my legs were naturally untangling themselves, moving in a swift and controlled way. I felt like I was using them right.

I ran past pedestrians and Pokemon, going so fast that they couldn't process what had just bypassed them. And then suddenly, I found myself tripping on my feet again. Tumbling down the road I had breezed past a second ago. I crashed onto the curb of a sidewalk, using my left leg as a cushion, which ended up causing more pain than it would have normally. I winced at the stinging, but I shook my head and regained my senses. I wanted to check on my scar, but after what just happened with the trainer, it would be best to look at it in a place that isn't full of people.

Making sure that the boy wasn't anywhere nearby, I began walking at a fast pace, going to the closest place without people: Lostlorn Forest.

Blog Entries

I willed myself to believe that this was a dream. that is, until the Petilil put a petal (hand) on me.It spoke again, This time it sounded worried. "Hey, are you alright?" The voice was feminine, but that didn't help calm me down. I tried to get to my feet once more, quickly. I was scared beyond comprehend that a pokemon was talking to me. Suddenly, a noise sounded off to my right, and the Petilil has a scared look on her face. She took off quickly, which caused me to worry.

A low growl came from the bush. I backed away, slowly but clumsily, and the growl got louder. That did it, as now I took off in the other direction. I was scared, of becoming a pokemon and of that thing. I got the hang of running real quick and soon lost the thing. I kept running and looked back to make sure it was gone. SMACK!

I hit a tree full force, causing me to stumble and collapse. All I saw was stars around me as I struggled to stay awake. I was NOT wanting that thing to find me again. Slowly getting up caused the pain in my head to intensify. I stumbled away, hoping that it wasn't close to me.

Blog Entries

@That Guy

...Where was that voice coming from? And what was that accent? Some... random foreign person was here? But why weren't they amazed by the magical talking Pokemon?

She almost slapped herself when it hit her. Only one other living thing in the area, and it was that Snivy. It looked as though it was trying to take a nap in the first place. So that meant she could now understand Pokemon. But could other humans understand her still? It wasn't really something she wanted to find out, to be honest.

"S... sorry! I ah... was just surprised by... something," For a moment, she felt guilty at how she could be so inconsiderate! That Snivy was obviously trying to sleep, and she had to... no, no! This was a special circumstance. Of course she'd exclaim in surprise. And of course this Snivy wouldn't understand. It was probably a Pokemon its entire life.

"I'll... um... just get going... leave you to your sleep, yeah?" She tried to stumble off in some other direction, but had lost purchase of the ground beneath her only a few inches away and felt her face collide with the thick grass. A blade of grass went into her ear, and she automatically let out a squeal. That felt VERY unpleasant.

"Sorry again! I... uh. This is really silly, but I can't seem to move too well. I'll try to leave you be as soon as I figure out... how things work, so to speak." Why did she always say stupid things? Man, she was so stupid! Stupid stupid stupid! That didn't even make sense.

Reluctant to wake up, after having a strange dream about cheesecake volcanoes, Klopp had quite a large headache, and felt a weird sort of feeling all around his body. This headache and weirdness made him even less reluctant to open his eyes, so for a while he just laid there. He thought he heard some voices nearby, but was ignoring them in order to have some more time to relax, but he was even more disturbed by the random cold breeze that was blowing past his ears. Still none of this was enough to get Klopp to move. Finally after resting for a while another feeling suddenly hit him. Hunger.

His stomach growled loudly, and it was at that point he knew he had to get up and find some food. So finally he opened his eyes and saw, not his bedroom, but a forest. All he could see was a lot of trees, and not much else. Suddenly he jumped up and tried to stand on his two feet, but something felt very strange, and he fell right back down to the moist earth on his posterior. He looked down and noticed that his legs were very black and very furry. He looked at his hands, and they were these blue paws, and he had some weird metal lumps on their backs. For a moment, he just stared at his own body looking dumbfounded, before going into a panic and trying to run in a random direction.

"What the hell is going on here!? Is anybody around, can someone here me!?"

He was able to run very sloppily, and managed to run a short distance before running into a tree. Without his glasses he couldn't see very well, and one thing he certainly neglected to see was that tree. Luckily, by some random miracle, his glasses were at the base of the tree. He couldn't see them, but felt them in his new paw as he fell to the ground. He attempted to pick them up, screaming obscenities as he fumbled about with his new paws, and after a few frustrating minutes he managed to grab them and put them on his face. Finally he could see clearly, but as he put them on his face he felt some more weirdness going on. His ears appeared to have been replaced by this two large weird furry things, and his nose appeared to be longer, kinda like the face of a dog Pokemon. He rolled over and propped himself up against the tree, sitting there and pondering for a moment.

He came to the conclusion that he must have been dreaming that he had become a Pokemon. He decided to go along with this, and after a while he finally stood up, wobbled trying to maintain balance on his new legs, but finally got used to it and started walking off in a random direction. He kept thinking how vivid this dream was. Everything felt very real, and it didn't have weird time nonsense, where hours pass in a few minutes like dreams normally do. Kept wondering if this might not be a dream, but quickly ignored that, cause what else could it be? He couldn't have really turned into a Pokemon, right?

After walking for a while, he heard some noises. Sounded like someone was talking, so he decided to go see what it was. He walked towards the voice, unable to make out what was being said, but finally he walked through a bush and spotted what appeared to be a curly haired and accessory-filled Fennekin stumbling around, like it didn't know how to walk, away from a normal-looking Snivy. He couldn't help but start snickering loudly, as the Fennekin just looked absolutely ridiculous just flopping across the grass like that, particularly with those glasses on. There was no doubt she heard him do so as well.
    Last edited by Klopp; 2nd October 2013 at 08:34 AM.

Blog Entries

In what I wouldn't have known was the intervening time, I had sat up to watch her, too.
    "You're just hopeless, aren't you?" I said. Yes, it seemed that dry wit and Schadenfreude flowed more readily than it otherwise would. I cracked a sly smile, having taken a wild guess at the situation, and hoping that I had found someone in a similar situation to me. "If I didn't know any better...I'd say you almost don't know how to be a Pokémon."

Despite the unintentionally-acerbic tone of my words, I didn't particularly wish her any misfortune. In fact, her clumsiness was almost charming. However, this new body of mine seemed to find much more mirth in the ill luck of others than my former one.

Blog Entries

I kept as close away as I could from any roads in Lostlorn Forest, I was skeptical of anyone who walked by. I wasn't sure what they would do if they saw me, but I know for certain that they wouldn't say, "Oh look, a human who's been turned into a Pokemon. We should help them."

I still was afraid that this wasn't a dream. I've actually had dreams where I've become a Pokemon, and in each of those dreams, I was never this scared. My left arm- leg! I mean leg; still stung from being hit earlier. I knew it would hurt, but I didn't know it would last this long. If I remembered right, this forest has a Hidden Grotto, which could be safe for me to check on my scar. But then again, I'm pretty sure it's on the complete opposite side of the forest. That's just perfect. I walked a bit further, avoiding whoever I saw, until I saw something odd from a distance.

It looked like some Fox-like Pokemon. It definitely wasn't a Fennekin such as myself, judging by the colors of it's fur. When I looked closer, I saw markings and characteristics that I've seen plenty of times from the internet and some books. The Pokemon was a Zorua, a pretty odd-colored one at that. It was wobbling around like someone had just smacked it's head with a rock. I was tempted to approach the confused-looking Pokemon, until I realized something.

I had already met a Trainer, which didn't end in the best way. But how would a Wild Pokemon react to me? Would they attack me? Ignore me? Thinking it over, I became more cautious, observing the Zorua from a distance. I didn't think he would have seen me, but with my over-sized Fennekin ears, I was probably pretty obvious. It still makes me curious as to why no one saw me as I sneaked past them earlier...

Blog Entries

Stumbling around for a couple of minutes, i sat down to further study my appearance and see what I was. I could tell this was no dream, as the pokemon would have slowly faded away while I was running. That dream kept coming back every night, and now it was was real.

I studied my fur color once more, seeing the odd blue-purple mix. I had never seen a pokemon with this coloration before on the feet- er, paws. There was a tuft around my neck, which was jet-black and my fur on my body was a dark grey. I felt around my head with my hands... paws before i felt a tuft on my head. All I knew was that it had a curl near the end of it. Slowly, I got back up and started walking again.

A noise sounded at my left. My ears swiveled at the sound, and I froze instantly. That thing was near me again as far as I knew, probably wanting to get me. I slowly turned my head in the direction of the sound. What I saw confused me somehow though, as it wasn't that big.

What I saw was a fox-like thing watching me. It had yellow-orange fur and in its ears, it had red tuffs of fur. Its face had white fur near the lower half, which curled up near the ends, kinda like whiskers. It had a bandage on its right fore-leg, which confused me. Other than that, it had eyes kinda like sunflowers and it was around my size.

Instinctively, I backed away. I did not know how to fight as a pokemon, and I had no idea what a wild one could do. I took about five paces back, before it looked at me curiously. Even if it was curious, it could be dangerous; I would not take my chances of getting injured. I quickly turned to run, only to trip on a root and get dazed once more.

Blog Entries

@That Guy

She sputtered a bit haplessly at his words, suppressing an increasing heat in her face that could've resulted in a blush of embarrassment. It didn't really help her to feel any less stupid with his somewhat teasing demeanor.

"Heh heh... yeah, I guess I am," Her eyes darted away from the observant Snivy, for some reason hoping he wouldn't discover her... secret? Was it even a secret at this point? Probably not. Still, she had to get away from here as soon as possible. Being alone would be best to gather up her thoughts. Not... having strangers around making her thoughts more frantic.

"Uh, I suppose I don't really know... I think," It was always difficult to come up with words in such unusual and unpredictable situations like this. It sounded so stupid, but she knew a flimsy excuse as to why she was stumbling about like that wouldn't be very convincing. And she pretty much just kind of blurted it out anyway.

"But it's okay, I'll be fine. I'll just... sit here for a bit. And figure it out. Then I'll leave you be, and you can go back to sleep. My apologies about the inconveni-"

@Klopp

A snicker caught her attention from another direction, as her bizarre large new ears twitched. This time, the blush crept over her face faster than she could control it. Instinctively, she swiveled her head to look towards the source of it... a Riolu with glasses whose vivid blueness was a bit blinding. What was with those stupid glasses anyway? The thing looked ridiculous. Must've had a trainer with a penchant for ridiculous accessories.

But wait... was it laughing at her? Oh man, she felt so humiliated. A few moments as a Pokemon, and she was already making a fool of herself for others to laugh at! All she could do now was to lay still for several moments, and stop flopping around in attempts to get that Riolu to stop laughing. Then when they weren't looking... she'd see if she'd make a run for it. Well, once she figured out how to walk.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast