ROGUES GALLERY: Burning Up (WINNER: STALEMATE) - Page 5

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ROGUES GALLERY: Burning Up (WINNER: STALEMATE)

Blog Entries

Default Re: ROGUES GALLERY: Burning Up (samedwards & Master Mew)

Liberty groaned, wincing in agony as she pulled the knife from her hip and cast it aside, glaring in Fever's direction momentarily. Then, with all the speed she could afford, she struck, thrusting the palms of both hands toward Fever's shoulder's, aiming to pin him to the wall - the rush of air could be heard with the swiftness of the assault.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Fever heard the rush of air and ducked under, sticking out a foot to trip up Liberty.

Blog Entries

Leaping upward, Liberty responded with a heel aimed to Fever's face.

Fever stumbled backwards, laughing, before swinging his foot around in an attempt to floor Liberty.

Blog Entries

Caught off guard, Liberty dropped to her back with a thud. A second later she kicked off the wall as her hand shot out in an attempt to grasp Fever's heel.

Fever moved his foot just in time and brought his heel down on Liberty's outstretched hand.
    "Now, we can talk."
    He bent down besides Liberty.
    "Naasty little cut you got there beautiful...Here's an idea. You go, patch yourself up, become better acquainted with the likes of me, y'know become prepared."
    Fever stood up.
    "I'm a man. Got no powers, no speciality, no looks, no nothing. I have a vision see. That one day people realise how insane everyone is. The world is. Society as a whole."
    Then suddenly he bent down once more. This time he had a gun in his hand and had placed it in Liberty's hands.
    "Shoot me," he said, putting the gun's nose to his cheek, "Shoot me now, or play my game and see what I have in store for the city and try and stop it. I don't know who you are or what you want from this world, but I know you're like me, searching for an answer to this," he waved a hand to the streets. "You could save the lives of thousands, yes, I've already put in place the plans for this week, by letting me go...or you could shoot me here and now and never know what is gonna happen to this city."
    He licked his lips as he waited for answer, looking deep into Liberty's pure eyes.
    He looked at Liberty in the eyes and waited, licking his lips.

Blog Entries

"No, Fever," Liberty responded, her eyes never wavering from his, her determination set in stone on her countenance, "You're about to play my 'game,' as you call it."

She now held the gun to Fever's forehead, her eyes narrowing as she continued, "You have the blood of countless innocents on your hands. I stand, and always have stood, for Freedom and Truth, two things you show no respect for. But I also stand for Justice and Mercy. I always offer my foes a choice, though in the case a choice you don't deserve..."

Liberty now pressed the end of the gun firmly against Fever's forehead, "Which do you choose? Justice, or Mercy?"

Fever seemed to consider this for a moment. Then having made up his mind, he looked down at Liberty and grinned.
    "I choose Anarchy."
    With the speed of a cat, he pressed his watch which seemed to make a loud beeping noise when he did so. Then on cue, the side of the alley exploded into rubble sending dust and fire into all corners. Fever disappeared into the smoke, escaping in the highest of what he called fashion. Luckily the people in the studio which had completely exploded had all evacuated, including the police and crew.

Blog Entries

Taking quick flight, Liberty soared back to the Main Entrance, landing near an Ambulance as she looked around for the Police Commissioner, furious.

"Liberty! What the hell just happened?" asked Felton, marching towards Liberty as the studio blazed. Ambulances stood aside the burning wreckage as people sought for medical attention. A news helicopter zoomed in overhead, the propellers buzzing as it lowered over the studio.

Blog Entries

"The coward fled," she muttered, seething. "He has more massacres planned this week." She now bent down, rubbing the wound on her thigh, blood trickling down her leg, "Cowardice and dishonorable combat are ranked amidst the highest crimes among my people, as he will soon learn."

Felton looked down at the wound and bit his lip. He ordered a medic over to see to the wound. He bent down beside Liberty.
    "Liberty...what happened? What did the bastard do? Do we know anything new?"

Blog Entries

"He didn't say... for all we know, he was bluffing. He said he already had it set in motion..." Liberty responded, visibly frustrated.

Felton slammed a fist on the back of a car before turning back to Liberty his face livid.
    "Listen," he said, calming down, "Keep tabs on this guy...if you hear anything, give us a call, we'll do the same for you..."

OOC: Day later?

Blog Entries

OOC: Sure. I'd like to assume that the Police Force is on high alert now, with all available officers on patrol, including some out-of-district back-up - since this is likely what Liberty would have recommended, and surely a natural reaction to recent events.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast