ROGUES GALLERY: Boiling Point (SE, MM, GW, & HiPS) - Page 12

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ROGUES GALLERY: Boiling Point (SE, MM, GW, & HiPS)

Fire Ferrets Forever Mako's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ROGUES GALLERY: Boiling Point (SE, MM, GW, & HiPS)

Cleric reacted instantly, covering Natalie's body with his own as rubble and shards of glass coated the area. In the aftermath of the blast, he stood once more and helped Natalie to her feet. He couldn't see the gashes on his back from the exploded debris, but he could feel them. "Shit." He remarked. "I know who set off that bomb." He said sadly. "And I had her in my grasp... and then I lost her." He said softly, mostly to himself, as he walked slowly towards the exploded terminal. He had failed to stop Fever's first attack, a failure that had cost hundreds of innocent lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

Fate followed Fever soon enough to be in the exact position he was when the bombs went off. Knowing there was little he could do now, he snarled and followed Fever. "Fever, I will make you pay for what you just did. And just so you know, I predicted you'd attack Grand Central station, emergency responders and police were on their way, I sent Cleric on ahead to track down your partner," he said, then took his normal pose. "Now, count up your sins!" he announced before charging and attempting a series of quick palm strikes to the psychopath's head and back.

----------------------

Police and emergency personal began to arrive at Grand Central Station nearly immdiately, surrounding the building, fairly certain that Fever's accomplice was still inside somewhere as they began tending to the wounded.
    Last edited by Godzillawolf; 15th September 2011 at 03:11 PM.

Ask Pony Discord

Blog Entries

"Wha... what are you talking about?" Natalie asked,visibly shaken as she examined the wreckage. She'd scraped her forearm on the pavement, and winced as she touched it, blood starting to trickle down her arm and onto her hand. Tears began to well up in her eyes as the gravity of the situation became clear.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

Cleric sat down next to Natalie and rubbed her back comfortingly. "It's over. You're okay." He said softly. "And as for my failure... The woman who broke Fever out... I was chasing her down... And she was the one who placed the bomb."

Blog Entries

Natalie heaved a deep sigh, closing her eyes as she collected herself, "I guess I'd better let you get back to it, then," she croaked, clambering to her feet and wiping her eyes, "I shouldn't have distracted you, I... I didn't know. I'm sorry."

"Maybe some other time...?"

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1198-0821

Blog Entries

"It wasn't your fault." Cleric said truthfully. "She was gone before you came." Ricky pulled out his wallet and took out another ace of spades. However, this one had his number on it. "Call me sometime." Ricky placed the card into her hand before walking away sadly.

Fever fell backwards from the impact of Fate's palm. He backed away slowly to the edge of the tram tracks and leaned against the tunnel's wall.
    "See, that's what I call a plan." said Fever, rubbing his cheek with a bloody hand. "You people need plans to stay on your feet, which is ridiculous because," He motioned with a wave of his hand to the faint glow of the burning station further down the tunnel, "As I just proved to you, the best way to live your life, is without plans."
    Then, the tram tracks started to rumble..
    "Because sometimes plans don't always prepare you for a counter strike," Explained Fever, a mad grin beginning to appear on his bloody face, "You plan for something to go exactly right...What if it goes wrong?"
    In the distance, a faint light appeared down the tunnel.
    "See, it's almost like a bundle of dynamite, under another bundle of dynamite and someone throwing a grenade at it." Fever's eyes suddenly lit up, "An accident just waaaiting to haaappen!"
    He backed against the wall as the tram thundered closer.
    "That's the dynamite," shouted Fever in hysterical laughter over the rumbling tram that was coming ever closer, pointing over at the burning rubble of the station, "And this is the grenade!" he continued, throwing a hand at the oncoming tram, "Two accidents just waiting to happen!"
    And the tram charged towards Fate, who was still on the tracks, if not hitting him, then hitting the burning wreckage of the Grand Central Station. Two accidents just waiting to happen...

"That's why I have this," said Fate, flipping his coin and changing HIS fate. The train's breaks suddenly locked up, causing the train to grind to a halt a few feet from him. The conductor threw the break for real, now able to see the blazing rubble. "And that's what happens when fate makes that granade a dud.

Fate then turned to Fever. "I knew you'd do something like that too, I've analyzed you," he stated. "And even though you say you don't have a plan, you always do. You always have a sadistic choice up your sleeve to try and make the hero give up capturing you, it's what you do. You DO have a plan," he stated, looking at the madman. "I've come to predict you in one simple way, you always have some kind of backup plan, this encounter is like a chess game. I don't know exactly what you're going to do, but I know one thing, you've always got more than one objective, more than one plan. I knew if I backed you into a corner, you'd have something like this planned, so I saved my coin flip for the exact moment you pulled it out," he stated, then chuckled. "For an unpredictable madman, you sure are predictable," he said, leaping up to Fever's level. "And now, prepare to pay for making this city cry," he stated, cracking his fingers and aiming a barrage of rapid palm strikes at Fever's shoulders and elbows, attempting to break them or at least injure them.

Ask Pony Discord

Fever, momentarily taken aback by the detective's change of fate stumbled backwards as Fate attempted to pummel every inch of his body. And then as he backed against the wall he felt inclined to do another act of terror against this person in front of him.
    QUICK STRIKE!!
    Fever shoved his hunting knife, right up to the hilt, into Fate's body. He licked his lips in anticipation as he watched Fate suffer. He gritted his teeth and then slowly pulled the knife from Fate's body, allowing blood to dribble down his front.

Fate growled, biting his lip. The knife had gone into his shoulder, and while the wound was bad, it wasn't lethal, he knew that. And he knew letting Fever escape wasn't going to be permitted. It hurt, sure, but it wasn't fatal, letting Fever escape was something that he refused to allow happen. He grabbed the fingerprint dust he kept and threw a handful of it at Fever's face and then did a spinning smash of his staff, aimmed at Fever's wrist that was holding the knife. "Face it, Fever! You're the one who had their plan fail! You're a lie! You always have a plan, no matter how often you say you don't! And guess what, I've figured you out! To me, you're the one thing you say you're not! Predictable! It's kind of funny, really!" he said, pushing the nerve he saw he'd hit and trying to get in Fever's head.

Ask Pony Discord

Fever let the staff bounce off his wrist. A loud and revolting crack resonated about the tunnel and his hand fell limp. He stared at Fate, his callous and mad eyes twinkling like golden beads in the darkness. Something had changed about Fever. Something was different.
    "When I was younger," he said slowly and menacingly, his voice slipping like a serpent into Fate's ears, "I fell down a well... Typical ain't it." And then he drew his mouth open and bellowed like a maniac for the world to hear, "OH NO CHARLIE FELL DOWN A WELL! GO ON LASSIE!" And then he subsided to the cold hard stare at Fate. "And I was trapped down there for two days. No food, no water. I wondered why no one came for me, why my sick mother and my deranged father had not come to save me, or even inquire about when I'd gone...Then I realized something. It was like a fucking epiphany. I'm not a bad person. And slowly that thought started to...worm it's way around my head, constricting it almost, you know?" He licked his bleeding lip from where Fate had struck him. "They're the bad people. Because, when I finally got out of the well, by climbing along the sides of the fucking thing...I found out that my mum and dad didn't have a plan when they had me. Didn't have a plan. I wasn't a result of their plan. I was an outsider. Their plan was to get pissed every day, for my mum to cower as my dad beat her. So, from then on in, I did things instinctively. Killed my dad for instance, that wasn't a plan. That was intent."
    Slowly Fever's cold gaze lifted and then his mouth opened wide to show his dirty teeth and his bleeding gums.
    Then he asked very quietly and softly, "Now. I ask you this, Detective. Do I look like a man with a plan to you?" And he pulled a stick of dynamite from his coat, lit it and stuck it between his teeth, as if he were smoking it. Then he took it from his mouth and hurled it at the stationary tram.

Fate fired his grappling hook, grabbing the dynamite with it's hook. He spun around, sending the dynamite swinging inches from Fever's nose before throwing it into the rubble ahead, blowing it away and openning a hole in the wall. "I was tempted to slam that dynamite right into your face," said Fate, looking back at him.

"But that's the difference, allow me to tell you my story," said Fate, looking at the madman. "I lost my wife and my daughter in a shoot out between police and a street gang, my daughter then, my wife to grief," he stated, showing a twing of emotion beneath his mask. "I wanted to think "those people who did it were wrong, they should die", but I didn't," he stated. "I decided to turn things around and become a protector of people. You had that option, it was always there," he continued, words serious and clear. "Do I feel sorry for you? Yes, of course I do. Would I have beaten the living crap out of that no good man and left him for the cops? Yes, I would've. I can even sympathize with you killing him in truth. But here's the place were I've lost that sympathy. You didn't stop," he stated, seriously.

"You never stopped killing," said Fate, looking him over. "You kill innocent people who have done absolutely nothing to you, and you laugh at their suffering. You were a man once, but now, you're a monster. You've let your darkness destroy any good that may have ever existed in your heart. Anyone who can laugh at the death and destruction you've left in your wake is a lost cause."

Fate launched into a flurry of rapid smashes of his staff, aiming for Fever's shoulders and knees, attempting to disable the madman before he could do anything else.

Ask Pony Discord

Fever dodged the punches and scrambled out of the way.
    "I'm no monster," he said loudly, his voice carrying about the tunnel, "I'm just top of the game!"
    And then he disappeared into the smoke that had gathered around the hole in the wall.

Fever dodged the punches and scrambled out of the way.
    "I'm no monster," he said loudly, his voice carrying about the tunnel, "I'm just top of the game!"
    And then he disappeared into the smoke that had gathered around the hole in the wall.

Fate snarled, looking through it for him. "Cleric! Fever is in Grand Central Station! I broke one of his arms I think, but you've got to stop him from escaping!"

Ask Pony Discord

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast