Regenesis (Bad Apple & Charles Dunois) - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Regenesis (Bad Apple & Charles Dunois)

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Regenesis (Bad Apple & Charles Dunois)

Elaine took one cautious step forward, feeling slightly skeptical of Maxwell. But she didn't have much of a choice whether to trust him or not. Her only option was to follow him, so she did so. The girl eventually walked towards the open door and looked at him,

"So you'll answer any question we ask?" she said, "Can I start by asking where we are?"
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Blog Entries

"Did I answer your last question?" Maxwell shook his head as he gestured for the boy to follow. "There are things I simply can't tell you. But I'll attempt to explain your situation as best I can."
    The child hesitantly approached the door. Outside was a wide hallway with a slight curve to it, about 15 feet across, with the ceiling at least two dozen feet from the floor. The other side of the hall was completely glass, revealing their location to be in a tower hundreds of feet tall in the middle of a lush island.

Blog Entries

Elaine curiously stared out of the glass like she had never seen the outside before. She couldn't remember if she had ever been out there or not, but the longer she stared, some vague ideas came back to her of what it felt like to be outside. She remembered that it was very spacious, but also dirty. She remembered how ridiculously hot or cold it could be, and when these memories came back to her, the idea of staying inside felt a bit more comforting. The girl turned her head away from the glass,

"Continue on, please..."

Blog Entries

Maxwell turned left and headed down the hall, with the child trailing behind him. "You see, this world is inhabited by humans and Pokemon. These two groups coexist peacefully with each other. However, humans have grown weak from depending on Pokemon. They're little more than parasites now."

Blog Entries

That word... parasites; She couldn't quite remember what it meant. But from the context that Maxwell used, she assumed that it was a bad thing. Several small memories began to come back, like what Pokemon were and the types of Pokemon there were. But she was still confused,

"What does that have to do with anything?" she asked.

Blog Entries

"...However, there are those among humankind who recognize and detest their current state, and seek to return humanity to its rightful place. They call themselves the Half Project--that's us. As a means to an end, we created, and continue to create, beings neither inherently human nor Pokemon, but with the advantageous traits of both. As you're probably guessing, yes, you two are among them."
    The boy cocked his head to the side. "But why?"
    Maxwell stopped. Looking over his shoulder, he snarled, his tone losing whatever warmth it previously had. "Isn't it obvious? You're more powerful than humans and more intelligent than the Pokemon that live among them. You two and those like you will tear down human civilization so we can rebuild it from the ground up."

Blog Entries

"So, would there be only people like us? No one is just a human or just a Pokemon?" Elaine asked. She began to wonder how that would work exactly. Would the "project" members turn themselves into hybrids, or would they do something else?

She wasn't sure if she wanted to destroy or hurt anyone, but if humans are just as bad as Maxwell described, then she might be a bit okay with fighting them.

Blog Entries

"No. Our intent isn't the extinction of humankind, but merely to right its course. In order to do so, however, we first require control over humankind, even if it means tearing apart entire nations to do it." He took a deep breath and continued walking. "That, of course, is where you come in. We believe your genetic makeup will provide you with a unique advantage against humanity's greatest of warriors: Pokemon Trainers. They wage battle using Pokemon, and though the bond between Pokemon and Trainer can be strong, they're limited to providing orders in the form of specific techniques. You, on the other hand, don't need a Trainer to take orders from, and the way you can use your powers is limited only by your imagination."

Blog Entries

"Well that doesn't sound too difficult so far..." Elaine stated. After that explanation, she began thinking of what she could potentially do. It seemed like she would be fine defending herself due to the exoskeleton armor, but she doubted that she could do much to be on the offensive side. She didn't know how to fight, and if she did, how effective would she be anyway? The doll-like boy however seemed like he would end up far off worse than her, considering that his skin was made of weak cloth.

Blog Entries

Maxwell stopped at a wide door. "We're here." He punched something in on the keypad next to the door, and it slid open. "Inside."
    On the other side of the door was a vast room with walls composed of a dark metal and completely devoid of anything.

Blog Entries

Elaine grew more skeptical, at first hesitating to walk into the room. But she walked inside anyway, trying to ignore the small feelings of fear. She stood there, waiting for more instructions to be given.

Blog Entries

"This room is intended to help you get to know your abilities," Maxwell stated as he entered, followed by the boy. "It utilizes hard light projectors to create opponents." The door slid shut as a boy wearing a baseball cap flashed into existence on the far side of the room. "Since you're both newbies, VO J-037 has been selected as your foe."

Blog Entries

"We're... fighting a kid?" Elaine said, feeling confused. She glanced over at the doll-like boy,

"We don't have much of a choice whether to fight it or not... so who's going first?"

Blog Entries

Maxwell chuckled. "No, you're fighting a Pokemon Trainer!"
    The Trainer hurled a red-and-white ball forth. When it hit the ground, it opened, and a large rodent popped out.
    "This is a Rattata. They're fairly common and not all that strong. You should be able to defeat this one, no problem."

Blog Entries

"Alright then, let's try this out..."

Elaine decided that if she didn't know her full potential, then it would have been best to start out with a simple physical attack. She hesitated for a moment, and then broke off into a run towards the fake Patrat. The projection swiftly dodged her charge and landed to her right. Startled by its sudden movement, the girl instinctively kicked her leg at the rodent and accidentally tripped after doing so. She wasn't sure if it hit; she didn't feel it either due to the fact that she missed or because it's made out of light.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast