Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin) - Page 34

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin)

"Because," Van said as he jumped inside her room and put his violin on Midori's desk. "somebody's in a bad mood and needs a hug."

He smiled, drew his arms around Midori and tapped her back gently. Van is an old hand at making someone feels comfortable. That's why most underclassmen sees him as a big brother figure.

"Let me play a tune for you to cheer you up."

Van pulled away. He grinned, and picked Midori's bubbly, rosy cheek playfully. "Hehe, smile~"

---

"You're talking as if you're going to leave..." May frowned.

"I am," Dan sobbed, tears flooding down his cheeks, and his entire body shook as he sobbed. "This is probably the last night I'll see you..."

"What?!" May yelped, her tongue broke free no matter how much she tried to be silent. She moved uncomfortably on the couch. "Where? Are you going to study abroad?"

"You don't understand..." Dan kneeled and laid his head on her lap, his arms around her waist. "And I can't explain it. Please, let me hold you tonight..."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori exhaled sharply as her face flushed red. It felt like too much effort to smile. But the hug from Van had been nice and warm, so she tried her best for him.

"Alright, sure. Thank you..."
    all my life I wish I broke mirrors instead of promises
    'Cause all I see is a shattered conscience staring back at me

Blog Entries

"Hehehe," Van grabbed his violin, sat on Midori's bed, and winked. "Sit next to me Midori. I'll play a nice tune for you."

Van looked around the room. It was pretty neat and tidy, unlike his room. After all, it was a girl's room. Oh well, a messy room indicates that you're a genius.

May used to yell at both Van, Dan, and Joey about how messy their room are. No matter how messy it is, Van knew where everything is.

"Angel's your room mate right? How is she?"

---

"So, this is goodbye?"

"It won't take long. Probably just a year..." Dan closed his eyes, and May wiped the tears from his cheeks. "I'm just afraid I won't see you again."

"Oh, don't talk like that. Midori and I will miss you a lot..."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori sat down on the bed next to Van.

"Yes," she said. "And I don't know, she's alright. I don't see her very often. I think she likes to hang out with her twin more often than me." She let out a halfhearted laugh.

Blog Entries

"You'll get used to her and his twin," Van nodded. "Don't worry."

Van began to grip his violin. Relaxed. steady, but easy. He's like holding a fragile animal, a bird or a small rodent... He has to hold it with enough conviction that it wont flop away and fall or get hurt, but he has to be gentle so as to not crush it. His fingers moved delicately, and there's certain elegance to the technique. there's a grace and sense of refinement in the wrist angle of his fingering hand.

Soft, gentle tune filled the whole room, and each swing of Van's arm seemed to lull whoever hears his tune to sleep.

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori shut her eyes and swayed gently to the sound of the music, a small smile creeping on her face.

"H-how long have you been playing? You're so good..."

Blog Entries

"I've been playing since I was eight," Van smirked. He put aside his white Stradivarius violin and gazed deep into Midori's chocolate eyes. "Can I take a closer took to your eyes?"

Yes, it was not proper for him to be so close to Midori like that. No, even by being in this room, Van had broke about two or three school rules.

Their lips are just inches away now, their nose already touching each other.

"Mmhm. Your eyes are pretty."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"Th-thank you," Midori stuttered, her face bright red. She'd never been this close to a boy who wasn't her dad before. Her heart started to pound loudly in her chest. She wondered-- what would happen if she leaned a little closer and pressed her lips against his?

No, that was supposed to be for Dan. But it was obvious he didn't want it. He was with May, there wasn't much she could do to change that. Still, that was no reason to share her first kiss with someone she'd only known for a day. Besides... Besides what? She completely lost her train of thought.

Van's eyes, too, were beautiful. A deep green, like the forest in the summer.

Blog Entries

"Eheheh, you're too cute," Van laughed, pulling away from Midori and clasped her face between his hands. He then started pinching her cheeks as if he was playing with a doll. "Feeling better now?"

He's not going to kiss her. Not here, not now. He barely knew her. What would Lili say if she was still alive? She would probably hit Van with her book and gave him a disapproving gaze as she shook her head.

Heh, it was what made her special.

For some reason, Van sees a lot of resemblance between Midori and Lili, and it scared him. A lot.

Maybe that's what made him so... Attracted, to her.

---

Prince Vasilios stood gazing at the palace grounds from his balcony, the breeze playing with his hair. His lips curved into a smile as he revised his plans for tomorrow.

Tomorrow, where it all really begins. His parents will be "assassinated" by a Dimago. The Dimago tried to kill him too, but he managed to survive. The next day, he'll be crowned as a new king and the war... Yes, he can end the war sooner and at last, there will be peace.

How long has it been since he lost his sanity? The torn ruin of his mind no longer knows.

Dimly he recalls armor and banners and grim-faced Celestrian riding at his side. He remembers a battle: pain and fear as pale blue hands ripped him from his saddle. He remembers terror as they threw him into the yawning pit of the death alongside his brothers, to hear the dirge and be consumed into nothingness. In the darkness below, time left them. Thought left them. Sanity left them.

He had to see his brothers, comrades, friends, slaughtered like farm animals by those Dimago in front of his eyes.

All he had known, all he had loved-- killed by the Dimago. He could hear his own screams echoing in his ears as he dropped to his knees and drew his blade. Driven by madness, he began to slice through the Dimago horde as if they were nothing. Pain was forgotten and only revenge filled his mind.

Using necromantic magic, he raised his slain brothers as a living dead to wreak havoc amongst the Dimago.

The Dimago demanded war. In the belly of the great nothing, he was granted a new purpose: to spread chaos across the land, to rally the sleepless dead against the Dimago. He was to become the Undying, the herald of the Dead God, to rise and fall and rise again whenever his body failed him. To trudge on through death unending, that the dirge might never end.

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori laughed. "Yeah. Thank you, Van~"

She was glad he hadn't kissed her, at least not yet. Maybe sometime later when they both knew each other better.

Blog Entries

OoC: timeskip to 12.00

--

"Dammit Zane, you couldn't wait for ONE more day?" Van sighed. He was sitting alone in Snowpoint Station, waiting for the midnight train that will take him to Jublife City.

Van has five Dragon Pokemon that could fly. Three of them are in the school's daycare center, so he couldn't take them now. Unfortunately, Zane took the two remaining pokemon because "Ritz is afraid of night train"

Just great. The principal is going to send all of the students home tomorrow so they could celebrate christmas with their family, but nooo, Mr Badguy always have to break the rule.

"...... Eh...." On the corner of his eyes, Van saw a girl standing alone in the platform. She wears black, lacy victorian era dress, and Van remembered that it was the old girl's uniform in snowpoint academy. The new girl's uniform is knee-length white dress, not black. Her honey blonde hair reaches her waist, and her figure seemed so... Nostalgic.

Van felt like he was staring at Lili's back, and he shuddered.

"...."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Everyone in the castle seems to be asleep, Midori thought as she looked out the window. Everything was dark and quiet. Normally the night is peaceful, tranquil, but something about this night is eerie. Spooky. Not normal. The hairs on the back of her neck prickled.

I'm just overtired. A lot has happened within the past few days... It's getting the better of me. I should have been asleep a long time ago.

Blog Entries

Fall passed, as all Fall must, and winter came to Snowpoint Academy again. Dan found that staying up late the night before, sipping wine and filling eggs with candy and other treats for the younger students in the academy, was not a boring task if May and Joey was there to accompany him and called him "Santa for a day."

"Come to my house this Christmas! Joey will be there too! And perhaps I can drag Midori with me..." Dan said suddenly. May looked up at him, holding an egg carefully in one hand, brushing a lock of brown hair from her face with the other.

"I can't. I'm going to visit my parents at Kanto..."

"Then I'll come visit you for Christmas, and you can come for New Year!" Dan grinned, the annoying smile that is only his painted his face.

May shook her head and laughed at him. "You're so persistent. I'll try then."

"No. You WILL come!"

She smiled, still a little shy after all this time, her cheeks turning pink.

"Aaah, fine, fine, you got me..."

Except, everything didn't went as planned. The next day, 23th December, when the caretaker of the academy was about to open the gate to the train station for the students, he was shocked to find two police officer standing there with a gloomy face.

The officers brought a shocking news. A student was found dead at the station. A good looking young man with stylish blonde hair who enjoys La Bohème and can tell the difference between bottles of 1938 and 1941 Moët et Chandon just from the sound of it being poured. None other than Paul Van Drake.

May burst into tears as soon as the Headmaster announced this shocking news and Dan wondered why everything bad seemed to happen in winter.

Yesterday, the sky was black velvet, the stars small icy diamonds against the soft darkness, and moonlight made everything look still and magical.

No one at the academy would have guessed they would lose a big brother figure the next day...

Headmaster Lucius said that Van was found completely drained out of blood, and that it was probably an attack by a wild Crobat.

How unfair life is. Van just left like someone that would sit next to you in a train. Why Van? Why don't just somebody else? He still got plenty of things he wanted to achieve before he died, but now...?

"'You know guys,'" Van said that time, when everything was alright and they were all together. When the soft lavender shadows spread their gentle cloaks and the sweet scent of the lake and flowers wafted across the land. "I hate seeing quiet people and I can't help but pester them. I mean, how are they expect to make any friends?"

"We're going to our own path once we graduate anyway. Why do I have to make friends with those losers?" Zane had replied, looking at Dan as he said losers. Dan just rolled his eyes and muttered 'whatever'

"Seriously Zane? For a grown man, that's kinda naïve. So you're saying if it's not forever, there's no point in getting close to anyone?"

"That's not what I meant."

"Listen buddy, even if we are all best friends, there would come a time when life would pull us apart. There's no guarantee you'll even get to say goodbye." Van smiled, throwing himself to the ground across Dan and Zane and stared up at the sky. "But before that happens, you get to be together, right? You can't waste all that potential for a rewarding relationship. Yup, expand our horizontals!"

"You mean horizon, noob," Dan chuckled, just before he was almost kicked into the lake by Zane, and Van.

Expand the horizon, huh?

No matter what, Van is in a better place now, and Dan learned a lot from his death.

The world ends with you. If you don't push your horizon as far as you can... You're not living to the fullest. Maybe that's what Van was trying to say.

2 days later

"Hey," Dan smiled sadly as he, Midori and Joey approached Van's gravestone. "How are ya man?"

The snow drifted lazily down the gray sky. Although Dan isn't wearing his coat, he didn't feel the cold. Maybe because he was used to it, or maybe he's just too sad to feel it.

With a rose in hand, Dan kneeled and put the flower in front of his gravestone. He closed his eyes for about a minute and then rose. "... Merry Christmas, my friend."

"... Is that daisies and lilies?" Joey said, as he realized flowers started to grow in front of Van's gravestone. "Flowers such as daisies, are symbols of purity and innocence. Some mythologies depict flowers that grow only where those of brave, pure or heroic natures have died and passed on... Van must be happy up there."

"Yeah. Besides, this isn't a grave," Dan smiled as he looked up to the birds in the horizon. "This is a place where a hero begins his journey."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori said nothing as she gently laid a picture frame down next to the gravestone. It was a sketch she had drawn of Van after he had come into her room to play violin with her. It was eerie, how he died that very night. Since the morning the principal had announced they'd found him dead, there had been a huge pit in her stomach. If only there was something she could have done. There must have been something she could have done.

It doesn't matter now, she thought to herself and wiped a tear from the corner of her eye. What's done is done... There isn't anything I can do about it now...

Yet, still, when she looked at his sketch, at his sweet smile, it sent a shiver through her bones.

Blog Entries

Dan patted Midori's shoulder gently, and Joey held Midori's hand to let her know everything's gonna be alright.

"Well," Dan grinned, his fist clenched tightly in front of his chest. "No use sitting here teary eyed! Let's just let that dude rest in peace. Forget about the stuff we can't change, and enjoy the now! Look, there's plenty of ammunition for a snowball fight and what not. In times like this, you just gotta let yourself go!!"

With an annoying laughter, Dan cartwheeled, pulled a double backflip and ran off, yelling in both frustration and happiness.

"Well, that's him alright," Joey raised his shoulders, looking at Midori with a smile. "Nothing can keep him down for long. Shall we?"

---

"Wait, you're leaving? No, don't leave!" The high pitched, panicked voice of Ritz echoed through the empty corridor. "You have to stay...!"

"Sorry," Zane shook his head, giving Ritz a last kiss on her forehead. The brown haired man put on his hood, and walked away. "We'll meet again, though. Don't worry..."

"I'll make you stay..."

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast