Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin) - Page 27

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin)

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin)

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry," Midori said, gently touching Van's arm in a comforting gesture. "That's really horrible.."

"hey!" Jasmine snapped and dashed after her father. "Wait up!" She didn't want to hurt her father, but she also didn't want to see him do something he'd regret for the rest of his life.

She conjured a small fireball and shot it at his feet, trying to trip him up.
    all my life I wish I broke mirrors instead of promises
    'Cause all I see is a shattered conscience staring back at me

Blog Entries

"Thank you," Van smiled back, holding Midori's warm hand. "You remind me of her, really. It scares me sometime..."

---

Ky's body was suddenly split into two, and the real him keeps running forward, leaving his mirror image behind to stall Jasmine.

The mirror image used his spear to send the flaming ball back at Jasmine.

Meanwhile, Robin arrived at an empty green field, a place where he can swing his sword freely, and Ky followed soon.

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"I do?" Midori asked curiously. "How so? If um... You don't mind me asking."

"Ahh!" Jasmine ducked to avoid her flaming ball being thrown back at her. "Wha.... What the hell?"

She shook her head and put up a wall of flames encircling the mirror image, and resumed her chase after Ky.

Blog Entries

"She's very shy, just like you. You guys are about the same height, and for some reason your voice resemble hers," Van glanced at Midori's drawing. "And apparently, both of you are a good artist."

Without realizing it, Van's hand crept up his chest and he pulled out a ruby necklace from his shirt, a present from Lili. He knew the inscription by heart; To my dearest Van, Love always, Lili

---

"Who are you? What do you want?" Ky and Robin began to circle, watching for the instant when one of them would be vulnerable.

The man in black didn't answer, instead, he leaped forward.

The attack came suddenly. One moment Ky was standing, and the next moment Robin was fighting for his very life. Hasta Draconem clanged against Flamestrike. Robin darted back, feinted, and then brought Flamestrike across in a mighty sweep, but Ky jumped out of the way.

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"Oh..." Midori glanced down at her drawing. "Yes... I love art... it's what I want to do with my life."

She watched Van pull out the necklace from underneath his shirt and smiled sadly. "I have a locket too. From my mother. She died when I was nine." She pulled her own locket out of her dress to show Van.

Damn it! While Jasmine was distracted by the mirror image of her father, she totally missed which way he and Robin went. She closed her eyes and listened hard. Maybe she'd be able to hear them...

Blog Entries

"I'm so sorry,". Van stood up, getting behind Midori's chair and flung his arms around her neck, trying to comfort her. "Well, look at the bright side. You got me and a cool big sis, May."

The boy laughed, played with Midori's hair and then raised his shoulders. "Oh well then. I forgot there's something I should do. I'll see you tonight at the common room after dinner, okay?"

---

"You know the guardian of this town will show up soon." Robin said sternly, dodging a blow from Ky's black spear. Strong as he might be, a spear is not a fast weapon. Flamestrike, on the other hand, is as swift as a tiger.

With a cry, Robin swung Flamestrike in an arc, but somehow Ky was not there and Robin lurched forward, his momentum taking him off balance. He heard a flapping sound, and whirled to see Ky overhead, pure white wings flapping.

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"Uh... Okay~" Midori blushed and smiled up at Van. She watched him go, then turned back to her landscape of the view from her library. She shook her head and turned the page, starting a new drawing of Van's friend, Lilli, from the memory of her photo. Maybe she'd show it to him later.

OoC can I borrow the use of Ky's mirror image? I want to try a little something...

Blog Entries

OoC: Yeah, sure!

---

Ky whirled, brandishing his spear, and then struck a position. He wasn't affected by the battle, unlike Robin, whose body is matted with sweats.

"Disappointing." Ky said in a layered voice. "I see that your skills is very rusty, my dear friend."

"I am not your friend!" Robin cried, fury blurred his vision for a moment as he lunged forward using all his strength.

---

"Here at last."

Draglos sighed, stopping at the exit of Eterna forest. His eyes fell at a mansion near the exit. There are only two people that lives inside the mansion, a woman and a Gallade, though, a creepy looking man with white hair occasionally visits them.

And he was suddenly glad that there was nobody home.

... I'm hungry.

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Just as Jasmine started to rush towards the struggle, something snatched her around the waist. Ky's mirror image had somehow escaped his firey prison.

She whirled around and shoved a fireball in his face, making him let go of her and jump backwards.

Blog Entries

Robin was certain that his blow would pierce through the armor, and of course, his aim was as true as ever. But somehow... The man in black armor was not there. Again, he had done it again, getting out of the way in a split second before the blow landed.

"Ever heard of 'Backtrack', my friend?" Ky smirked, spinning his spear skillfully. "Traveling split second back in time to dodge attacks. Can you still do it, or have you lost your skills?"

---

Draglos took a step closer towards the mansion. There's nobody inside. Nobody would wonder if a bread or two is gone... And maybe some meat...

Then suddenly an arrow sped towards him, hitting the ground in front of his feet. He took a deep sigh. "Camellia."

"I always knew you're a trouble magnet, but I didn't know that you'd broke into somebody's house."

Camellia Wingram, Draglos' close friend, and one of the few Dimago bearing the name Wingram as her last name.

But Cammy herself is not a Dimago. Her parents were travelers in a caravan set upon by bandits, whose noisy slaughter of innocents roused the ire of the quiet Wingram Clan. After the battle settled, master Dualis and I discovered a small girl-child hiding in the ruined wagons, and agreed she could not be abandoned. Even as child, Cammy showed herself naturally adept at the arts we prized: Stealth, silence, subtlety. In spirit, if not in physique, she might have been a Dimago changeling, returned to her proper home. But as she grew, everyone in the village towered above her and she came to think of herself as ugly. After all, her features were smooth and symmetrical, and her skin was peach, not gray nor pale blue. Estranged from her adopted clan, she withdrew to live alone in the woods. Lost travelers who find their way from the forest sometimes speak of an impossibly beautiful lady who peered at them from deep among the trees, then vanished like a dream before they could approach. Lithe and stealthy, icy hot, she moves like mist in silence.

"You're right. And I call myself a warrior... Heh. How shameful."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

The mirror image jumped back from the ball of fire and drew his spear.

maybe Vasilios was wrong. Father can't be the one assassinating Robin. Yeah, the voice was layered, but.. I've never seen him wear this armor before, and I've never seen him make a mirror image of himself...

Jasmine barely ducked out of the way of the mirror image's way. In either case, I have to get rid of this guy and try to rescue Robin...

Blog Entries

Grinning, Ky beckoned tauntingly. Robin didn't rush in. Instead, he gathered himself, ran his hand along the length of his blade and Ky watched as flame engulfed Robin's sword. With Hasta Draconem gripped tightly in his hand and the power of Dragonus Midgard surging through his body, he knew Robin won't stand a chance because he never touched his sword in so many years.

Even though it pains him deeply to have to taunt his friend, acting as though he is an enemy that will kill his very best friend, he knew he must do this. After all, it is not a knight's duty to think. The King's wish is his command.

---

"Why are you here, Mr Dragon Knight?" Camellia laughed, swiftly jumping down from the tree. "You've changed a lot..."

Dragon Knight, a title given by Dualis to him because of his victory over the legendary pokemon Rayquaza.

After years on the trail of a legendary Dragon Pokemon, Draglos found himself facing a disappointing foe: the dreaded Rayquaza had grown ancient and frail, its wings tattered, its few remaining scales stricken with scale-rot, its fangs ground to nubs, and its fire-gouts no more threatening than a pack of wet matchsticks. Seeing no honor to be gained in dragon-murder, the young Dimago prepared to turn away and leave his old foe to die in peace. But a voice crept into his thoughts, and Rayquaza gave a whispered plea that the knight might honor him with death in combat. The knight agreed, and found himself rewarded beyond expectation for his act of mercy: As he sank his blade in Rayquaza's breast, the dragon sank a claw into his throat. As their blood mingled, the Dragon sent his power out along the Blood Route, offering all its strength and centuries of wisdom to the knight. The dragon's death sealed their bond, and Draglos the Dragon Knight was born. The ancient power slumbers in the knight, waking when he calls it.

"I'm on my way back to Hoenn," Draglos said, shaking the hand of his childhood friend. "You should come with me, Cammy. Everyone missed you."

"Is that so?" The human smiled. She wore comfortable leather armor, revealing a lot of her peach skin. "Well, the Pokemon here needs me. I think I'll pass."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

The mirror image of Ky whirled around to face Jasmine again, spear pointed. Jasmine's arms suddenly went up in flames-- a trick she'd been practicing ever since watching the Fantastic Four. The flames licked at her skin, tickling her.

"Come at me, you clone. Not so brave now, are you?"

The mirror image said nothing. He sidestepped, but Jasmine followed. She wasn't sure of the damage this guy could inflict on her-- she should probably be careful.

But she couldn't stand here like this forever.

The mirror image started to charge at her with lightening speed, spear pointed to her heart. She barely managed to duck before the spear pierced her chest. Instead of her chest, however, the spear went through her left arm.

"Auuugh! Shit!"

Her leg automatically went into the image's nuts, making him fall backwards. She jumped on top of him, straddling him to keep him down. With her right arm, she pulled the spear that had caught fire out of her wound. She could hear the hiss as the blood leaking out of her wound calmed the flames on her left arm.

Sticking the spear into the ground, she grasped the image's helmet and started to pry it off.

Blog Entries

Ky almost felt like a god as he swung his spear almost effortlessly, and dodged every blow that came at his way. Robin is much, much slower than Ky ever remembered he was.

"I'm tired of playing with you." He finally said, even though his heart aches as he said that. "I'll finish you quickly."

---

Zane tipped his goggle up as he explained, "Well, I know a little out-of-the-way place called my mansion... a paradise, I guess you could call it. Usually, I'd keep something like that to myself, but whatever. Are you in or not? Van and Ritz is gonna be there!"

May shook her head. "No Zane, it's a kind offer, but I'll pass. Besides, how are you guys gonna get there?"

Zane smirked knowingly. "You know, Van has more than five Dragon Pokemon he can lend you. It's been a while since we had
    A barbecue together! You guys used to sleep over at my place for two days before Christmas! Don't let a homework or two ruin our custom..."

The girl smiled. "Yeah, it's been a long time, but... Are you sure we won't get caught?"

Zane gave her a million dollar smirk. "Of course not, my dear! Anything for-"

"AHEM!" Ritz reminded Zane of her presence by elbowing him in the
    thigh. "I'm standing right here you know..."

Zane scrambled to recover, "I'm just being nice to a friend, darlin! Nothing to get upset about!" As always, her jealousy fits were dangerous in the extreme. Especially to him.

"Well, I'd love to... But no, I can't. But I'll be with you guys at the new year's eve!"

"Shame. Oh well..." He then leaned close
    to her ear, then whispered, "Just one favor though... could you..."

Ritz hovered just behind her boyfriend, eyes glowing red. "Yes, Zane? What
    were you going to ask?"

Zane's teeth clenched in a false smile, suddenly wishing he'd left
    that little murderous doll. "I was just
    going to ask if she'd cook some good steak for us sometime. It's been ages since I've had some, you know..."

"Oh... okay!" Ritz smiled happily as she skipped away, her pink hair dancing around.

Zane pursed his lips together and sighed.

May laughed, patting Zane on the back. "There there, Zane. It's just a phase. She'll grow out of it, I'm sure."

"'Just a phase', huh? That's what I
    thought three fucking years ago... Oh well, by the way... You still going out with that kid?"

"Shooter? No. He's just a friend, Zane."

"I know. I was just asking..."

"He's a good guy. Don't be too rough on him Zane..."

Zane snickered. "Meh. I'll try. Okay, I'm outta here."

(This is absolutely ridiculous,) a Zangoose grumbled (Tell me, why must
    we play nice with the biggest troublemaker in school?)

(Because,) a Lopunny reasoned. (May is a nice girl, and she has to live as an example. We have to be more reserved, and NOT just flatten everything that looks at her funny.)

(Bah! You don't understand anything. Zane smokes, he's a street racer AND a jerk. Why should we be friends with him?)

"Um..."

(Yeah, Zane is a jerk, but his gang have no reason to fight her. Not unless a certain hothead GIVES them a reason...) The Lopunny looked at her fellow friend disdainfully, as one might glare at a dog that growls too much.

(Don't go getting all high and mighty on me, princess. You've started at least as many fights as I have.)

(I started ONE. And that was because that guy was giving me the creeps.)

"Could you..."

The Zangoose crossed his arms disapprovingly. (You're forgetting about all
    the times you took a swing at Van.)

(He won't stop staring at May's chest! Besides, you should be the LAST person to talk about unprovoked attacks! After all, back when we
    lived in Johto, I wasn't the one that almost destroyed a whole block trying to kill a poor, defenseless...)

(THAT DAMN CAT BIT ME! He was not defenseless!)

"Please, stop!" May yelled out. Azrael, Zangoose and Lanaya, Lopunny, both looked toward her, then toward each other. May took a deep breath as she tried explaining, "Listen... They're all my friend. They won't hurt me. Please, be more lenient..."

After a long pause, Azrael finally sighed loudly. (Fine, fine. You
    win... but if any of them even BREATHE on you wrong, I'll beat them
    all.)

Lanaya patted May on the shoulder. (There there, that's just how he
    shows he cares. I'm sure nothing bad is going to happen... regardless
    of how tactless CERTAIN people can be.)

(I heard that, woman!), Azrael bellowed quickly. Lanaya stuck her tongue out at the Zangoose and silently promised to herself to ignore him for the rest of the day.

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

The image struggled, but it was no match for an enraged Jasmine. The helmet flew off, and she socked her good fist into its face. One... Two... Three... Four...

Once it was dazed enough, she grabbed the sides of its head and slammed it into the ground, effectively knocking it out for the time being. Breathing heavily, Jasmine got off and realized that the face of the mirror image really was her father.

Damn... Robin's probably dead by now... she thought despairingly, then looked at her arm wound, still bleeding and painting her left side red. The injury probably looked and felt worse than it actually was. Probably.

She ripped off a strip of cloth of her tshirt and gingerly tied it around her injury as best she could to try to stifle the flow. She should probably get help-- but what the hell, Robin could still be alive. If he died and she could have saved him, she couldn't forgive herself.

Ignoring the pain in her arm, she ran towards the sound of the fighting.

Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast