Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin) - Page 25

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin)

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin)

"Oh... Okay." Midori blinked. She was an only child, so she didn't know anything about sibling relationships, but... Wasn't that a little weird?

Well, whatever Angel did wasn't her business. "Hey, when do classes start?"

Damn, I wish Dad had a cell phone... I have to get ahold of him somehow... Jasmine thought, planning as she got into the shower.

Vara's eyes opened. Today's my date with Ales.

A warm feeling of nervousness fluttered through her stomach, but she did her best to ignore it. It wouldn't be any different than before, right? Being with Ales? Except for the fact that he shared a body with Shooter...

Things wouldn't be exactly like they were before. He still killed himself. He still abandoned her, and she'd never forget that. But now, she could also see why he had done it. Yet... It didn't really do much to dull the pain.
    all my life I wish I broke mirrors instead of promises
    'Cause all I see is a shattered conscience staring back at me

Blog Entries

"Soon. Class starts at eight am," Angel said, glancing at the clock. "It means you got an hour to get dressed and eat. The dining hall's already open, so I'll be going now."

---

The sunlight shone through the window with velvet curtain. The alarm clock in the nightstand ringed loudly and Shooter smashed it with his pillow to turn it off. "... Dammit."

Wake up, dumbass. I'm borrowing your body once the school's done.

"Eeergh...." Shooter groaned, stretching around in his bed like a worm on dry land, knocking his pillow and blanket to the floor. "Man, I'm so tired. Gimme five minutes."

"GET UUP!" Joey shouted, tackle glomping his friend. Both laughed as Shooter fell on the carpet below. "Come on bro, first day of school awaits!"

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

OoC: mmkay, I'mma do a little timeskip to breakfast. XP

"Right... Okay." Midori nodded. She was left to do her morning ritual in peace, that was how she liked it.

After taking a shower, brushing her straight brown hair out so that it was glossy and smooth, she pulled it back with her black hair tie and dressed in that annoying school uniform. Seriously, what was with the stilettos and lacy dress? This wasn't church or anything. She let out a heavy sigh. She missed her tank top and capris.

Soon, she was in the main hall with the other students, ready to eat her breakfast.

It wasn't long before Jasmine was clean and ready to go to work-- or to investigate that strange message. But first... A little (or big) breakfast.

She was so busy digging through the refridgerator that she barely noticed Vara walking behind her, just showered and dressed in one of her new outfits.

"Boo!" Vara touched Jasmine's shoulder, almost making her drop the eggs.

"Aaaah! Don't startle me like that." Jasmine put her armful of food down on the counter and turned on the burner, then stuck a pan on top of it.

"Jesus, Jazz." Vara looked over the pile of to-be-prepared food. "Toast, bagels, eggs, cream cheese, regular cheese... Holy crap, is that a bunch of bananas? Jasmine, you never eat bananas."

"I'm hungry, alright? Don't judge me."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you're pregnant judging by all that." Vara giggled offhandedly and glanced down at her own outfit. "Well... What do you think?"

"Uh..." Jasmine paused in her food preparation, looking at Vara. It was a nice summer dress, sleeveless and made of soft green fabric. "It's fine."

"Fine? Just fine?"

"Look... I'm no fashionista, okay? I know nothing about this stuff. You should know that...."

"Alright, alright, at least you're honest. Can you stay home today?"

"No, sorry. I didn't go into work yesterday and something else just popped up... Hey....where the hell is my husband?"

Blog Entries

A cheerful laughter. "Morning, Midolicious~"

Shooter threw himself to the seat to Midori's right, and Joey to the left. Shooter put his arm around Midori's waist, while Joey around her shoulder. "So how's our princess doin?"

"Enjoying the school so far?"

"Guys, guys, back off," Van said in his usual tenor voice, shoved the boys aside, and took his seat beside Midori. "She's mine. Go back to your seat."

---

"You tell her!"

"No you tell her!"

"You're his boyfriend!"

"No I'm not!"

The door slammed open and Diego and Twitch came in, arguing. Just as Twitch was going to curse, he stopped and his eyes widened. "W-wowza... Good morning Miss Luxemiere~"

"Heads up, mister," Diego rolled his eyes, pushing Twitch playfully.

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori flushed a light red, slightly embarrassed at all the attention. "Good morning, Van. Joey. Dan." Her heart fluttered slightly as her eyes connected with Dan's.

"So... I don't actually know what my classes are...." She laughed awkwardly, "So.. I really don't know when we can hang out."

Jasmine's eyebrows raised and flicked from Twitch to Diego. "Huh? What's up, you two?"

"Hello, Diego. Twitch." Vara flashed a polite smile at the two men. "Hey, I'm going to meet Ales today and I'd like a male's perspective. What do you think?" She posed, showing off her dress.

Blog Entries

"Ask your roommate," Joey said, getting up from the seat with Shooter "we'll be going now. See ya after school~"

The boys smiled, and then returned to their respective seat. Since Joey is the prefect of Mesprit Red, he can't break the rules. After all, everyone sees him as a leader.

May, who is listening to their conversation all the time but staying silent, finally opened her mouth to speak. "You have a lot of fanboys, Midori. You must be what they call 'boy magnet'"

---

"Not bad." Diego smiled at Vara. He doesn't talk much, and of course, he wished that he would sound more friendly. "But according to the book I've read, you should--"

"You look awesome. Absolutely stunning." Twitch cut in, before Diego could explain all those boring scientific stuffs. Once Diego starts saying 'according to the book', that's when things are about to get boring. "Anyway, can somebody help this poor soul out?"

---

It's been four years since the village of Wingram Clan fell... Everything is burning. My master's village is covered in roaring flames. So it was not enough for them to destroy our hopes for peace? Will they not rest until they've reduced the entire Dimago population to dust?!

"Those damned Death Knights!"

Ahead of me, a group of Death Knight have cornered a crowd of civilians. "Extermination order has been declared. All members, lead!"

The man leading them raises his arm, and the soldiers activate their infernal weapons. They're going to burn those innocent civilians to death.

"Not gonna happen!"

My men and I leap at them with a chorus of righteous yells. They don't even have a chance to cry for help before we knock them flat. It's almost too easy.

"Draglos!"
    "Draglos is here!"
    "Mommy, we're gonna be ok now, aren't we?!"
    "Y-yes... We're saved!"

I turn and give the civilians a smile. "There's nothing to worry about now."

I tell my men to tie up the soldiers and leave them here. No matter how evil their actions may have been, killing is never justified. The crime is to blame, not the man who commit it.

I abide by my master's teachings... There will be no killings tonight.

"Take every single survivor and lead them to safety!"

At my command, my men break off into small groups to lead the civilians to safety.

A scowl crosses my face. Those damned Celestrians. How many innocents must they kill before they're satisfied?

In front of the fleeing civilians, I see a handful of men in those horrible uniforms appear from around a corner. More Death Knights.

"There they are!"
    "Wipe them out!"

Like ants converging on a dying insect, more Celestrians pour out of streets and alleys.

One of my men leaps forward and moves as if to attack them. I step in front of him. "This is my duty. You guys escape with the other villagers."

"No, you have to escape first! The people need you more than they need us!"

It warms my heart to hear them say that, but this is no time for sentiment.

"It doesn't matter who they need. You are all people of this clan, and it is my duty to see that the people survive. Leave this place to me and go!"

The Celestrians are getting closer.

"Go, and protect our clan!"

"But sir, the clan we're supposed to protect... Is already..."

My men are confused and desperate for answer, but the Celestrians are getting closer.

"You fools! Who told you to protect a piece of land?! It doesn't matter where you are, as long as our people survives, Wingram Clan will never fall!"

He knows I'm right, but it's hard to accept. If we were to survive this... We must be strong.

"Let's go! We have to protect the civilians!"

I can tell from the determination on their faces that I don't need to worry about them anymore. "We'll protect these civilians. Sir, please be safe!"

"Don't worry about me."

I turn and launch myself at the Celestrians.

"T-take them out!"

I catch them by surprise, but the Celestrian I hit has time to cast a spell. Arrows rains down on me.

"What are you firing? Toothpicks?!" I yelled as I swung my blade overhead and moved to dodge all the arrows that rain down on me.

They look at me like I'm sort of demon. Very well, if a demon is what's needed to protect the innocent, then a demon I'll be. These men are only dogs following order of their master. They're no match for me. With a single move, I take out almost a dozen of them.

"You bastards burned down my village, but I will not take your lives. Get out, before I change my mind."

As the soldiers begin to drag their broken and battered bodies away, I look past them to the burning tower.

As I watch, a part of the tower explodes, and shivers run down my spine. Could... Could my master still be in the tower?

There was no time to waste. I took off toward the tower like a gust of wind. Before long I was near the moat. I rushed through the gates and into the tower.

With sheer will power I leap over the moat into the castle gallery. I kick down the wall and make my way to the corridor of the tower. Flames lick the walls all around me. It's only a matter of time until the tower burns down. I shout my master's name as I run upstairs.

"Where are you, master Dualis?!"

I throw open the door and leap into the only room on the top floor. The moment I enter, I feel a cold, vicious presence. I instinctively hop to the side as a bolt of blue and white rips through the air.

What is this... Ice?

I stare, dumbfounded at the cluster of crystals sprouting from where I just was. How is this possible? What is ice doing in a room enveloped in flames?

"What... Is this?"

There's no fire here. Everything is frozen, bathed in blue-white light. Amidst the ice and snow, I see a crumpled figure of a Dimago lying on the floor. He's wearing my master's clothes.

A young man is standing next to my master. His face is as blank and cold as this room.

The boy turns to look at me. His eyes are like twin shards of emerald.

"Just die..."

One of his hands is suddenly a blur of motion. I don't realize he's swung his sword until I feel pain sear its way across my torso and find myself frozen in a block of ice.

"Argh..."

"I expected a lot more from you. Oh well, how foolish of me.."

I can't move. I can feel my mind starting to fade away as the boy walks out of the room. He gives me one last cold look before he leaves. I swear... I'll never forget his face... As long as I live.

As I make the promise to myself, the tower finally collapses. People will say this was the day Wingram Clan fell. But they'll be wrong. Wingram Clan didn't fall today, and it never will.

The Dimago's eyes jerked open, sweats matted his hair. He instinctively hefts the massive slab of metal he calls a sword and turned around. There was no one. He sighed, and threw himself on the ground, trying to cherish another five minutes of sleep before he has to walk back to Sunnyshore again. There, he would call his friend Wallace the Wailord, to take him back to Hoenn.

Four years had passed. But these dream haunts me still... What should I do, master?

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"U-uh..." Midori stuttered and blushed. "I don't know, I guess..." She looked at May, and remembering that she was Shooter's ex, a burning question rose in her throat, one she was afraid to ask. She glanced around the dining hall to make sure no one was eavesdropping, then...

"May... Uh... What was it like... Dating Dan?"

"Thank you, boys~" Vara said and looked down at her dress. "Though, I think Diego's right, it could use a little... Something. I'll be right back~" she dashed back to her room, her dress fluttering behind her.

"Help you?" Jasmine snorted, cracking some eggs to put in the pan. "What, did you get into some girl trouble again? Fangirls on your ass? Hahaha." She laughed, only halfway joking.

Blog Entries

"Oh, why do you ask?" May smiled, restraining herself not to laugh. Midori is so timid, so... Innocent. She's a good girl, the king of girl you won't see every day. She deserves a truthful answer. "Dan is a good guy. If he's not a patient and kind guy, we'd fight a lot. Usually, when you're dating a hardcore gamer, he would rather sit in front of his Xbox than spending times with you. But not Dan."

She sighed, reaching for her juice. "But yeah, we broke up four years ago. something came up"

---

"Yeah, shit like that," Twitch glanced sharply at Diego. "Thanks to Mr.ManlyMan over here."

"Well, I'm sorry," Diego raised his shoulder. "I have no idea it was important."

"Okay, so here's the story. Elisa ran out of tea leaves. And as you know, Princess Prick is very picky about her tea. She only wants to drink black tea imported from Fiore region. The problem is, Fiore is like half the world away, and you won't find the tea leaves in Sinnoh." Twitch threw himself at the coach, facepalming. "Elisa and I made a bet, if I can find the tea in Sinnoh, she would stop butting into my business. But if I can't, I have to be her slave for a week."

"Twitch found some. The only Fiore tea leaves in Sinnoh. But..." Diego sighed, searching the entire kitchen for any tea leaves, but to no avail. "But because he put the leaves on his table and the leaves is very dry, I thought it was just a trash..."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"...Oh." Midori looked back down at her plate, embarrassed. She was curious at what would have broken May and Dan up, but it would be impolite to question her further. "I'm sorry that happened."

"Oh geez, sounds like you're in the doghouse, Ernest." Jasmine snorted. "I'd love to see you as Elisa's slave for a week."

As her eggs cooked, she pulled open a banana and bit off the top. She considered sharing the weird email with the two men, but... Twitch didn't believe her the first time, and maybe Diego would try to stop her from doing anything and take matters into his own hands...

Blog Entries

Refusing to tell her what is the 'something' that came up, May just forced a smile. She's three years older than she, and therefore, wiser. Dan would be a perfect couple for Midori. "Thank you. If you like him... I can set you guys up on a date."

Though, the hardest thing in life is to watch the one you love with another girl and you have to pretend everything is okay, she have to do it. She and Dan can't be together.

---

"Dream on," Twitch laughed, pulling out his Pokenav from his pocket. "You forget who I am? Please, I'm a Champion. I can get anything I want, you name it. A luxurious seaside cottage, sport cars, celeb's ass... Everything."

---

Finally deciding to keep moving, Draglos stretched his body and strapped Grantein to his back. On a sunny day like this, his mind will always go back to the time he had spent with his savior. The one that had awakened him from his deep slumber. The girl he sees as a Goddess.

The only way a Dimago could be awakened is by a kiss. When a sinful Celestrian is dead, somewhere hidden, a sleeping Dimago would be born. Draglos is one of those lucky souls to ever walk on this earth again, thanks to the girl who found him in the undersea cavern.

He had vowed to protect her with his life, and will never let anything harm her. Draglos fell in love with her at first sight, and he is not afraid to kill any man that dare approaches her.

Once this is all over... I promise I'll be with you again, May.

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"Really? Y...you'd do that?" Midori asked, looking at May. "I... I don't know... I'll let you know... okay? I think... this is something I might have to do myself. But really... thanks!" Her heart thumped in anticipation.

"Oh really?" Jasmine rolled her eyes. "Then why are you so damn worried about some dried-up tea leaves?"

Blog Entries

"Yeah, seriously," May smiled. "But hey, what about Joey? I think he likes you..."

"Hey, what are you guys talking about?" Van giggled, leaning closer to both May and Midori. "Can I join in?"

"Sorry Van, girl's talk."

And the prefect laughed.

---

"That's the problem, smartass," Twitch rolled his eyes. "It's very rare, and only found in Fiore. As you guys know, Fiore is a small region, and you can count the Trainer over there with your fingers. I can't find a guy that ever been to Fiore before, so yeah, can somebody help me and talk some sense into Princess Prick?"

---

How had he come to this moment-- running through the forest, failing to avenge his master. Memories and guilt washed over him, but he closed his mind against the memories. Distractions would not serve him, only speed and cunning would.

Dualis had always taught him not to kill.

'We must not let hatred and vengeance consume us.' His master had said. 'Remember Draglos, we are a Dimago of the Wingram clan! We musnt let vengeance overtake us, it will just make you as vile as the Blood Dimago.'

The Blood Dimago, are a race composed of former Dimago who renamed themselves in honor of their brethren who were killed during the war.

They were physically identical to Dimago, save that they dressed primarily in blacks and reds to remind themselves of their terrible losses. Many painted runes or mysterious tattoos on their arms and shoulders for celebrating significant kills or simply to look intimidating — something a Dimago would never do.

While it was once believed that blood dimago and dimago were exactly the same biological. race, separated more by cultural differences than physiological ones, it has since been determined that they are, in fact, a different race. They would drink the blood of a Celestrian that they kill. Their eyes turned demonic red due to the addiction of Celestrian's blood.

They discarded their honor for power? What a disgrace.

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"Hahahaha~" Midori laughed. "Sorry."

She turned back to her breakfast and started to eat. Joey? I did pick his path in that hallucination, but... I'm not in love with him.

"Pffff, you're on your own," Jasmine snickered. "Even if I wanted to help you, she wouldn't listen to me. Princess Prick hates my guts, remember?"

Her eggs had finished cooking, so she took them off the stove and began to eat.

Blog Entries

"Oh yeah!" May's eye widened. She stared at Midori from hair to toes, and then crossed her hand in front of her chest, seemingly proud of herself. "Dan will be cosplaying as Ragna the Bloodedge from Blazblue in the new year's eve, and he loves female cosplayer. Why don't you join him? You'll make a really good cosplayer, trust me!"

From the Mesprit Red's table, Dan could see both May and Midori talking and laughing as if they were good friends. Strange how girls can blend in so quickly... He remembered the first time he came to Snowpoint Academy... He was so shy and quiet. The academy is a school for the gifted, a place where talented people could shine. Joey is strong at Pokemon Battle, and he's very smart. May is a hard worker and not to mention that she's a good singer. She has a deep, unique voice that makes you instantly think 'oh, this is gotta be May singing' whenever you hear her sing from afar. Zane, even though he's a messed up guy, is a pro basketball player.

Dan is in fact, a student with the less talents. He's only good in soccer, and the fact that he's not academically either good bothers him. The Headmaster once said that he has something that cheers up everyone around him, as if his very presence brings happiness. Of course, that motivates him, but still... He wished that somehow, Ales' swordplay skill and bravery might rub off on him.

Thinking bad thoughts again, huh, Shooter? I didn't know you're so emotional. Ales' voice echoed in his head. seriously man. Stop trying to be somebody else. Someone out there is desperately wishing to be just like you.

"Thanks bro."

Finally, a grin stretched on his face.

---

OoC: timeskip to 13.00?

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"Uh....uh, really? Okay. Sounds fun." Midori smiled.

OoC: Okay-- Should Vara be at the restaurant? I can't remember what time they were supposed to meet...

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast