Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin) - Page 23

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin)

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin)

"Wow... Really? That's so cool!" Midori's eyes brightened. "Umm, well, I'm Midori. It's nice to meet you too, Van."

"Not really... Not yet. I'm actually still hungry." She glanced down at her two empty boxes of Chinese takeout and dumped it in the garbage. She took a peek in the fridge to see what else it held. "Damn it! Joey really did take all the ice cream..."
    all my life I wish I broke mirrors instead of promises
    'Cause all I see is a shattered conscience staring back at me

Blog Entries

"Of course it is cool, Dalah'surfal," Van smiled charmingly at the new girl. He took her arm and kissed it. It was a friendly and courteous gesture, but his lips lingered a second more than was strictly proper. "I can teach you."

"You know what Dalah'surfal means?" May rolled her eyes, deciding to ignore the narcissistic young man. "It means 'my love' feel free to slap him, Midori."

---

Diego laughed. He put his arms on Jasmine's waist and began to tickle her waist. "Come on, stop eating. You'll get fat..."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori's face flushed a light red with embarrassment. "U-uhhh... ummm..."

She wasn't used to being noticed. It did feel kind of nice, but she was in love with Dan...

"Hahaha, hey, knock it off~" Jasmine laughed and smacked his bicep. "I don't know what's gotten into my stomach lately, I've just been so hungry. Maybe I just need to drink something..."

Blog Entries

"Aww, you look cute when you blush," Van smiled. "Well anyway, enjoy your stay here, Midori. And remember this face because Paul Van Drake will be the next Champion of Sinnoh."

Though he has a short, spiky blond hair and a scarred face that looks like a gangster, he has an IQ of 168. In middle school and high school, he performed at the top of his class and in exams, but due to the suicide of a close friend called Lili, he dropped out of his first year of high school at the age of fifteen and he entered Snowpoint Academy when he was seventeen. Even though his grades are not as good as they used to be, his ability to tame Dragon type Pokemon is really something to be proud of.

"Oh yeah, Shooter seems to be pretty protective of you..." May asked after she sipped her oran juice. "Are you two... Related?"

---

"Is that so? Hmm, should we see the doctor?" Diego raised his eyebrow, and he put the back of his hand on Jasmine's forehead. "Hmm, you're okay..."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"Thank you." Midori smiled at Van, then turned to May. "What? Related? Oh no no no... We're just both from the same town."

Jasmine shook her head. "No, no. It's only been a couple of days. I'm fine. I'm sure it'll go away at some point..." She glanced at the fridge in the corner of her eye, then back to Diego. "Where's Vara? She go off somewheres?"

Blog Entries

"Must be tough being in the same town as him..." Van shook his head as his long hand reached for the wine. "But hey, he's very popular among female Otakus, especially our prefect."

"Knock it off..." May said, elbowing the young man playfully. "I like him as a fellow cosplayer. He has a cute face, so he makes a good cosplayer, that's all."

---

"Huh?" Diego scratched the back of his neck. "Oh, yeah, umm... I haven't seen here since I got home... So uh, I don't know..."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"No, it's not tough at all," Midori said, trying her hardest not to sound too defensive. "He's very nice...."

She glanced at May out of the corner of her eye. At least in Twinleaf she could watch Dan alone and not have to watch other girls have crushes on him. But here... there were so many other girls here. She looked down at her plate, embarrassed.

"Crap," Jasmine mumbled. "I'll call her. I don't want to get her kidnapped again..."

She pulled her cell phone out of her pocket and dialed Vara's number. The sound of the dial tone made her more and more nervous as she waited for her friend to pick up.

"Hello, Vara speaking~"

"Oh thank God. Where are you?"

"I went shopping~ you know how crazy the shops are here! I needed some new outfits anyway...I'm going to meet Ales tomorrow, aren't I?"

"Oh yeah... that's right... Listen, Var--"

"I'm be home in a sec, okay? Flare is awfully fast now! Catch ya later!"

"Vara--" Jasmine was cut off by the dial tone. She let out a heavy sigh and dropped her phone to the counter. "She's back to her old self."

Blog Entries

"He is nice indeed, but he's too... Active," Van said, trying to find a suitable word to describe Shooter without having to offend Midori. "He broke one of the stained glass window in the library, and did some pretty stupid things with his friends. But yes, he's nice."

"Don't worry, Midori," May winked, tapping Midori's shoulder. "He and I broke up two years ago. He's all yours now."

---

"Ales, huh?" Diego asked, pulling one of his books from the shelves and began reading it as he threw himself on the couch. "I still can't believe he's alive. So Vara and he... Is gonna meet up?"

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori's face flushed a bright red, embarrassed. "Uh... uhm... W-well, I--" she stared at her plate, even more embarrassed than before, not really sure how to finish or what she was trying to say.

"U-uh, what are the classes like here? Are they any good?" she asked, attempting to change the subject.

"Yes," Jasmine sighed, sitting down next to Diego. "I don't know... I'm worried about her. I really don't think it's a good idea. I mean, he's not even really alive, he's just the spirit of a Celestrian sealed inside a teenage boy. How is their relationship supposed to go on with him in that state?"

Blog Entries

Both May and Van laughed as they watched Midori's bright red face.
    "Did you know Midori, people who easily blush is the sign of them being a good lover," May smiled as she finished her juice and smiled. "Hm, I'm so full..."

Suddenly, the door to the great hall creaked open and a man with an ever-present demonic smile and sharp, slitted red eyes stood, his white hair catching the glow from the chandelier. "Good evening, kids. Hey, old man Lucius. Can I speak to that kid over there?"

Twitch, the champion of Sinnoh smirked as he pointed at Shooter, who is at loss for words as he saw his mentor right here, inside the dining hall of Snowpoint Academy.

As usual, he's wearing blue v neck shirt and black pants. Since most Champion wears a cape, Twitch decided to follow their footsteps. He wears a black cape given by Gym Leader Morty during Twitch's stay at Ecruteak city, few years ago. The cape reaches to his ankles with a green raining matrix code design draped over his shoulders. The man smirked evilly, revealing his pointy teeth. "Come here for a sec, Dan."

---

"About that," Diego closed his book and leaned on the couch, letting out a deep sigh. "If he's sealed inside someone's body, it means he has to wait for the person to die in order for him to take control of that body. Would Ales go as far as killing a teenage boy for Vara? I don't know much about this kind of thing, but perhaps Ales has another plan. I'm not sure..."

---

"Well, here we are Captain. The King was busy, so he had to meet you in the evening like this." The purple haired Prince said as he entered the Throne Room and composed himself.

"It's alright. I understand King Axel is a very busy man." Ky nodded his head.

Today was when the king met with representatives of the populace to listen to their concerns and do what he could to assist them.

Vasilios nodded as he approached the two guards, who saluted sharply and turned to push open the doors for him.

The throne room was warmer than the courtyard, even though it was a large chamber formed of marble and stone with a high domed ceiling. Even on overcast days such as this one, the octagonal window at the apex of the dome let in plenty of natural light. Torches in their sconces burned steadily on the walls, adding both warmth and an orange tint to the room. An intricate design of circles enclosing the seal of Celestria Imperial Family graced the floor.

Seated in the jeweled throne on a tiered dais was King Axel and Queen Katleia.

King Axel is a figure dressed in white and gold medieval knight-esque armor with six tendril-like spikes, two jutting out of the armor's back and four jutting out of the shoulders, a headdress with a tall collar and a floor-length red cape and a golden crown to signify his position as the King.

Queen Katleia Isabella von Celestria, still beautiful in her forties, sit in her throne beside her husband. She is a woman with very long purple hair. She wears a white and purple Japanese-style outfit reminiscent of an empress, tied with a purple sash, with a golden crown and a dark cape over her shoulders.

But... There was something different from the Queen and King. As if they're not themselves. Their eyes are... Soulless.

"My King," Ky knelt in obeisance, Thunderseal sheathed on his waist, its tip touching the seal carved into the stone floor. "It has been to long. Doral ana'diel, my King?"

"Ky," Axel replied in a stoic tone, not even giving his old friend and comrade a smile. "Are you here simply for an idle chit chat?"

Ky was suddenly very grateful for all those hours spent in disciplined meditation. It was only that, that kept his shock from showing. "O-of course not, My King. I just wanted to ask you... Is it true that... You want me to assassinate Robin Silkwood and... Ales?"

The king simply nodded.

"... But, Ales is... Dead."

"He's still alive," this time, it was the Queen that spoke, her voice was cold as ice. "We found out that he is being sealed away in the body of a teenage boy. Kill the boy, and you're helping my son to depart from this world."

"But Robin..." The Royal Knight looked down, memories about his best friend washing over him. "He hasn't done anything wrong..."

"He knew every location of Dimago interment camp. If a Dimago breaks into his house and forced him to tell the Dimago where the camps are, our people will be in danger," The Queen waved her hand dismissively. "Robin can defend himself. His wife is also a decent fighter, but what about his son? If the Dimago took their son, they will do anything to get him back, even if he has to reveal the location of the camps."

"... Your highness, I..."

"Am I making myself clear, Ky?" The king interrupted before Ky could finish his sentence. "This is an order."

"..."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori watched Twitch suspiciously as he led Dan away from the dining hall. She knew his name and face, of course-- everyone in Sinnoh did, but... What was he doing here? First Jasmine, now Twitch. Something weird is going on....

"Well... Frankly, at this point, I'm wondering what he wouldn't do for her." Jasmine chuckled softly. "Hell, the guy killed himself, somehow found a way back from the dead and possessed a teenage boy. I think he's perfectly capable of doing it-- but knowing the guy, that would be his absolute last resort. He would try everything before it would come to that."

Blog Entries

Twitch grabbed Shooter by his sleeve and dragged him out of the school building. The way he dragged his student isn't friendly either. The wind, keening like a lost child, caressed Twitch and Shooter's hair and played with their cape.

"W-why are you taking me here?" Shooter said nervously as the Champion took him inside the dark forest with a lot of twisting path. "H-hey, seriously..."

The Champion ignored the boy's question and took him deeper inside the forest

---

"You're right, he'd do anything for her. That's just how it is. People would do crazy things when they're in love..." Diego sighed. "Celestrian tends to love with all their heart. If a Celestrian falls in love, that feeling never fades away and that love is bound for eternity. Every books said so and from what I've seen, I think that it's true."

But... What is love? Modern science would like you to believe that the latest answer to this timeless question is that love is a chemical reaction, which is not very romantic.

"According to scientific research, emotions are generated during the process of meeting and falling in love because of chemical reactions that occur in our bodies. Whenever you first meet someone and feel attracted, your brain creates phenyl ethylamine, known as the "love drug." Dopamine and norepinephren are two more chemicals that arise from just thinking loving thoughts about another. Those two help humans to feel excited and interested enough to actually touch or kiss someone, and that sets off more chain reactions, beginning with serotonin, which produces feelings of relaxation. " Diego said, his hand reaching for Jasmine's "and to me, you're like my drug."

---

As soon as Ky left the throne room and the door was shut, another figure came from the shadows. He spared the King and Queen of Celestrian a quick glance and turned to Vasilios. "Good job. Best friend and comrade fighting each other to death? Sounds very dramatic and interesting."

"You're watching too much opera, human," Vasilios said. He flicked his finger and suddenly both rulers of the Celestrian fell to their throne, their eyes closed. "I should have thought of using their bodies as a vessel earlier. With the forbidden art Nox Caligo, controlling the soul of the dead or placing them inside a vessel is a simple task."

"Very well. My master would be pleased," the man chuckled, fixing the position of his wide brimmed red fedora. "What about those two?"

"Them?" The purple haired prince chuckled as he glanced at his parents. "They've been dead for quite some time now. I told you, I've mastered the forbidden art, Sho Alexanderson. Just finish your project quickly and we'll begin."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori turned back to her food, but she suddenly wasn't hungry anymore. She turned back to Van.

"When are we allowed to go back to our rooms, or have free time?"

Jasmine smiled at Diego and took his hand in hers, giving it a gentle squeeze. "And you are mine, Mr. Outrageously Handsome~" She leaned forward to kiss him, but the front door flew open, making her flinch.

"I'm hooooooooooooome~" Vara stumbled into the kitchen, weighed down with shopping bags. She looked at Jasmine and Diego. Her eyes widened. "Oh crap-- am I interrupting something?"

Jasmine let out a heavy sigh and backed off. "Bad timing..."

Blog Entries

Twitch let go of Shooter's sleeve and pushed him until the boy fell on the soft snow underneath. The champion raised his right arm as dark, twirling shadows began to twirl on the back of his hand and engulfed his body. Two mighty wings like those of bats stretched out behind him like a living shadows. The very light of his glowing green and red eyes revealed sharp teeth bared in an evil smirk.

Shooter stared up at his mentor, rapt with horror. Before he had the chance to speak, sharp claws extended from Twitch's right arm and he lunged at the boy.

---

"Soon, I think. Are you finished eating?" Van raised his eyebrow as he finished his plum pudding. "We're going back in a few minutes, I think. That is, if the headmaster has nothing more to say."

---

Diego let out a small sigh, but smiled anyway. "Welcome." The man stood up and put his book back in the shelf and approached Jasmine's best friend. "You need a hand?"

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"Yeah," Midori nodded, wiping her mouth with her napkin. "I honestly don't can't eat another bite."

She had this strange feeling in her stomach that something bad was about to happen...

"Sure, sure, that'd be great, thanks~" Vara let out a sigh and put her bags on the counter.

"Whoa, how many stuff did you get?" Jasmine raised an eyebrow and examined the bags. "It's all clothes.... You're not planning to wear all of these on your meeting with Ales, are you?"

"'Course not!" Vara rolled her eyes. "How silly would that be... no, no, I'm just due for a new wardrobe..."

"A new wardrobe? What's the matter with the old one?"

"I get bored of them pretty quickly. Shopping... well... it's how I coped. Luckily I made enough money doing Contests to afford it~"

"That's really unhealthy, Vara..." Jasmine glanced suspiciously at the shopping bags again.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast