Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin) - Page 19
Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin)

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Default Re: Pokemon Quest 2: Melody of Hope (Yusei Fudo and Duke Devlin)

"Wow..." Midori stepped into the room and laid down her bags on the floor next to her bed, then sat down on it. It was soft and cushy. "This place is great~!"

Then she remembered Angel was sitting next to her, watching her with her eerily perfect emerald eyes.
    all my life I wish I broke mirrors instead of promises
    'Cause all I see is a shattered conscience staring back at me

Blog Entries

"Heehee. This place is nice, don't you think? I hope you enjoy your stay here," the girl smiled, tilting her head to her right and offered Midori a handshake. "My name is Angel. I'll be your roommate during your stay in the academy."

"Hey sis, I got a message fro--" a boy opened the door, without knocking or even ask if there's somebody inside. He froze when he saw his sister talking with an unfamiliar girl. "Uh, I'm... Sorry."

He is a good-looking and slender young man with short, stylish blond hair and green eyes. He wears the uniform with a black turtleneck underneath it. "I never saw you around here... Are you new?"

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"Yes." Midori nodded at the boy. "I'm Midori. I'm Angel's new roommate. You're her brother?"

Almost subconsciously, she checked her watch. It's 3:00. She told Dan and Joey she'd meet them now...

Blog Entries

"Um yeah... I'm her twin brother. The name's Irvin. Nice to meet you." The boy grinned. He stepped inside, threw himself on his sister's bed and sighed. "Hmm, I know! As a way of introduction, I'll answer any question you wanna ask me!"

It's actually against the rules for a boy to stay inside a girl's room, let alone, wander off into the girl's dorm area. But somehow, Irvin always managed to slip inside. He got so many excuses like "I'm his twin brother, I gotta say something important to her" and such...

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

"Hahaha." Midori smiled at him. They seemed nice. But... something about them... the way they seemed so eerily perfect was strange.

She quickly dismissed the thought. You can't help being born beautiful.

"I think I'll take up on that later. I'm sorry, but I actually... have somewhere to be right now." She quickly checked her watch again and shook both their hands politely. "I'll see you two later?"

Blog Entries

"Okay then! See ya round~"

As soon as Midori left the room, the twin exchanged look with each other.

"She seems nice... But if she's here... That means I can't come over anymore, right?"

"Don't be silly, Irvin... Anyway, you got a message from the prince, yes?"

"Yeah... He said that a Dimago is nearby."

"I can sense it too..."

"Well then," Irvin said, getting on his feet, smiling from ear to ear. "Time for a little hunt."

---

Ky Midgard strode through the garden of the Death Knight HQ, deep in thought. His feet took him down the rows of glorious, goldenbark tree. It's been a long time since he went to the Death Knight HQ himself, and it was unusual for the prince to ask him to come and meet him in his office.

It was unusual for the prince to call me here. he thought. is something wrong?

He entered the building, and headed straight to the prince's office. He knocked at the door, unsure.

"Excuse me. Captain Ky Midgard reporting, Your Highness. You wanted to see me?"

"Oh, hello. It's nice to meet you. You're that Royal Knight that I keep hearing about. Thanks for coming all the way from there."

"... Yes."

The prince is somewhat scrawny, having little muscle, and being rather thin. In spite of this, he is considerably tall, standing taller than Ales. His trademark are his dark purple eyes and hair, which he inherited from the Queen.

"Just relax. You look tense..."

"O-oh, my apologies, Your Highness."

"I just asked you to relax... Oh well. The reason that I called upon you, Captain, is because I'd like to put you in charge of a... Classified mission."

"What sort of a mission would require a Royal Knight Captain AND the Prince himself to get involved, sir?"

"O-ohhh, I know what you're trying to get at. But don't worry. I have a full grasp of your character, captain." The prince pulled his drawer and took out a formal letter with the Celestria Imperial Family seal on it. "Besides, this is a direct order from the King. Oh, would you like some proof of that? Here is a signature from the King and the seal of Celestria Imperial Family."

"!! My apologies, I didn't mean to pry." The Royal Knight bowed slightly.

Well, no matter how high Ky's position is, The Observatory is ruled by the Celestria Imperial Family, with its members holding the highest positions within its government and military. The Imperial Family are descended from Goddess Celestria herself.

Each of member of the Celestria Imperial Family is ranked by both birth order and inheritance. As an example of birth order, Vasilios is the Second Prince while Ales is the First Prince and the heir to the throne... However, since Ales is dead, Vasilios was given the position as the heir.

Each member of royalty is entitled to elect a personal guardian or mentor, who are given authority and placed directly under their command, though only Ales are shown to have done so, other than the King and Queen.

Robin is Ales' personal mentor, but since he refused to came back to Observatory and Ales is dead, Ky haven't heard from him ever since.

"Oh no, please don't worry about it," the prince waved a hand dismissively. "Now, let me continue. The details of the mission will be given verbally. Since it's a classified mission, it'd be inconvenient to leave any record of it. Besides, the mission description is simple enough for you to memorize it on the spot"

"Yes, sir."

"All right, here it comes. ahem," the prince cleared his throat and stared right at my eyes. "Captain Ky Midgard, I'd like to assign you to assassinate Robin Silkwood and Ales Celestria."

"?!"

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori walked down the steps and out of the Uxie Yellow dorm. She looked around for Dan and Joey. Yes, she was a little late, but... She hoped they didn't give up on her and left. Maybe they thought she was crazy and decided to leave her to her own devices... She shuddered at the thought. No, Dan wouldn't do that.

Blog Entries

"Must have stabbed her fifty effing timessss~" outside, Shooter and Joey sang out loud when there was nobody around, their earphones plugged in their ears, and the song 'A Little Piece of Heaven' boomed from their earphone.

They weren't drunk nor high, believe it or not, that was their personality...

----

"This is nonsense!" Ky finally lost his cool. There was no mask that could hide the expression on his face, an expression of utter shock and disbelief. "There is no way that I can do such thing! Besides, prince Ales is dead, and why would the King wants Robin to be dead?!"

"Hey now, stop shouting," the prince said, sitting on his chair and crossed his hand in front of his chest. "Ales is not dead. He's trapped inside the body of a youth, and by killing him, you're freeing his trapped soul. As for Robin... Well, you must be aware of the recent Dimago attacks on the interment camp, yes? The camp location is well hidden, and known only to few.... And I have a good reason to believe that the Dimago found out where the camp is from Robin."

For a moment, Ky stood there, dumbfounded. Teeth gritted in rage and brows furrowed, no one has seen Ky the Royal Knight looked so... Helpless.

"I clearly remember that famous line you used to say; 'it is not a soldier's duty to think. We just have to do what we are told to.'" The prince said, and with a flick of his hand, the letter flew towards Ky's chest. "By declining this mission, you are disobeying direct orders from the King. Are you that Ky who puts duty and honor above everything else or have I overestimated you?"

"... I need more time to think."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori smiled in relief and walked towards Dan and Joey. She assumed they wouldn't hear her over the headphones, so she gently touched Dan's forearm to get his attention.

Jasmine wandered through the library, scanning the titles of the books.
    urgh. This is no use. I have absolutely nothing to go on except... Angel. An angel. A Celestrian is coming after them?!

Blog Entries

"Ah, Midori," the boys pulled their earphones from their ears and grinned. "How was your dorm? You got a roommate?"

"Well now, look what we got here~" Shooter said, gesturing towards the guitars in Joey's hand. "We brought along our guitar. You know, to pass the time."

"After all, what better way to depict the ups and downs of love and life, than an acoustic guitar duet?" Joey handed a guitar to his friend, and strapped his guitar to his back, smiling. "Isn't that right?"

"... Wow bro, that was so deep and philosophical..."

---

"Your highness," Ky clenched his fist, focusing his gaze at Vasilios' dark purple eyes. "Robin, and His Majesty Axel is my close friend. We grew up together, and we're like brothers, however... If the king truly wants Robin to be dead, then so be it. A duty is a duty, but I have one small request."

"What is it?"

"Can I speak to the King?"

The prince sighed. He stood up from his chair and raised his shoulders. "Oh well. If the seal of the Imperial Family and the Signature of my the King himself isn't enough to convince you, then I have no other choice."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori glanced at the guitars and laughed. "Um, okay. I suppose. Yeah, I got a roommate. Her name's Angel. She seems nice." She shrugged. "Did Jasmine ever tell us when that... thing was supposed to come after us? Do we have time for this?"

Blog Entries

"Umm, you want us to hide, right?" Joey raised his eyebrow. "Of course we'd hide. But we brought our guitar just to pass the time while we're hiding, so yeah."

"So anyway, where do you wanna spend the rest of this evening? We can hide at the forest, because it's off limit to students, unless there's a teacher that goes with them..."

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori felt a chill run through her when Joey mentioned the forest. She remembered her vision she'd had back in the principal's office-- the strange, sweet-smelling flowers, the howling wolves in the distance, how she could barely see a thing-- but she'd made it through there.

Still, that had no connection with how the real forest was. There had to be a reason why they were forbidden to go into the forest without a teacher. Besides, she wouldn't want to be expelled from this place right when she got here. But she didn't want to get killed either.

'Um.... is it safe?" She asked.

Blog Entries

"Well, it is safe for Joey. His Pokemon are very strong because his bro is the Elite Four... And not to mention that he's strong." A small frown spread across Shooter's face. "Me? The only thing I'm good at is running..."

"Yes... The forest are off limits because it's lurking with strong Pokemon, and it has a lot of twisting path." Joey nodded. No matter how strong his Pokemon is, Joey has no sense of direction. Sometimes, he can't even tell which is right and left. "There's a legend about the forest... Have you heard about it?"

"They say that there's a demon lurking inside. The demon was asleep inside a hidden cavern, until one day, a female student from the academy got lost and accidentally entered the cavern.." Shooter smirked, creeping behind Midori and ran his finger down her spine to scare her.

"And then..." Joey turned up the collar of his cape, and licked his lips, trying to look like Dracula.

"BAM!!"

Blog Entries

Follow Amaura on Tumblr

Midori flinched.

"Ha-ha, very funny guys." She tried to ignore the prickling down her back as Dan touched her. "Well... I don't know, it doesn't sound that safe to me, but... maybe... if we stay together..." She glanced down at her pokeballs. Aqua, her mother's Milotic, was a strong pokemon, however, she was fairly old and Midori wasn't sure how well she'd fare in the forest. Not to mention Midori wasn't good at pokemon battling either.

"Do you know of a... I don't know, somewhere safer?"

Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast