Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Darkrai's Revenge (Octy & Oblivion)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Darkrai's Revenge (Octy & Oblivion)

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Default Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Darkrai's Revenge (Octy & Oblivion)

Plot

Mimi's eyes beamed as she saw Slowking's Guild. It was much bigger than she imagined.

"Finally!" she cheered mentally as she walked up to the entrance. Two Infernape blocked her from the entrance.

"Who goes there?! State your reason for being here!" Both of the Infernape shouted. Without any hesitation, Mimi began speaking.

"I'm Mimi, and I'm looking to be an apprentice of Slowking's Guild. I promise I'll try hard!" she put her head down in fear. After a few tense moments, one of the Infernape walked over to a tube like device that was buried into the ground.

"Open the gates! It's a Skitty wanting to join the guild! She's not bad either..." It appeared the Infernape was talking to someone down below the surface. Suddenly, the gate opened up, and the other Infernape moved aside. Mimi jumped up and down happily as she thanked the guards and entered the building.

Blog Entries

Follow Oblivion on Tumblr Visit Oblivion's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Darkrai's Revenge (Octy & Oblivion)

Lucifer carefully made his way towards Slowking's Guild, somewhat intimidated by its massive size. He slowly began floating towards the entrance, the blue Frillish looking around nervously, only to be stopped by the Infernapes that were guarding the entrance.

"Halt! State your business!"

Unfortunately, this only proved to startle Lucifer up to the point where he ducked into a nearby bush. One of the guards gave a glance towards the terrified Pokemon, obviously somewhat irritated at his cowardice. "Well? Are you here to join the Guild, or what?"

Lucifer slowly moved out of his hiding spot, his tentacles fidgeting nervously. "Um...y-yes, I would. M-my name's L-Luicifer..." he spoke quietly, as if expecting them to start yelling at him again.

"Would've been easier if you had just said that from the beginning..." the guard muttered before walking over to the tube. "We've got a Frillish wanting to join the Guild. Doesn't seem to be the most confident of Pokemon, though."

The gates then opened quite suddenly, Lucifer giving an instinctual wince, before slowly floating through the entrance, giving a nervous glance to the two guards. "T-thanks..." he said.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Just hurry up and get inside, we don't have all day."

As Lucifer finally made his way into the building, the gates slamming shut behind him, another Pokemon was making his way towards the gates. This one was a Pawniard with a ragged, black scarf fluttering in the slight breeze. He was also approached by one of the guards. "Halt! Who-"

However, he wasn't able to finish his sentence before the Pawniard's claws each began glowing with some kind of black energy, and appeared to be readying himself for a fight. "Whoa, whoa, whoa! Cool it!" The other guard confronted the arrival, who gave each of them a wary glance. "I don't know who you think you are, buddy, but you're not just going to barge into this place like it's no one's business. So, who are you and what are you doing here?"

The glow from the Pawniard's claws faded as he calmed himself, realizing who these two were. Placing his right claw on his chest with a sharp CLANG noise, he began to speak in a heavily metallic voice. "I am Falchion, hailing from the Scimitar clan. I have come to seek training from this establishment, as well as serving as an ambassador for my people."

The guards simply gave him curious glances. Whatever this guy was here for, he was obviously serious about it. One of them walked up to the tube, and spoke into it. "Now we've got a Pawniard. Says he's here from some foreign clan or something. I'd suggest keeping an eye on him. He looked ready to gut us at one point."

The gates opened once more, and the Infernape, however hesitantly, stepped aside to accept Falchion, who immediately headed inside of the building.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Mimi skipped along happily until she came to a giant room. there, Slowking standing infront of a group of Pokemon. Mimi smiled and ran over towards the group of Pokemon.

**Outside**

A Sandshrew nervously walked up to the Infernape Guards. He pushed up his glasses and looked up at them.

"I-I'm Eliot and I'm here to join a rescue team," he spoke, "I'm not gonna be a coward this time...I hope." The Infernape looked at each other before opening the gates.

"Go on, kid," one of the guards spoke. Eliot smiled as he nervously bowed before going inside of the guild.

Blog Entries

Lucifer gasped slightly once he saw the massive gathering of Pokemon assembled there, but after a few shaky breaths, he slowly began floating to where they were gathering. It was then that he laid eyes on Slowking, the Guildmaster that he had heard so much about. For some reason, he felt somewhat calmer about this whole situation knowing that he was watching.

Falchion, on the other hand, distanced himself from the crowd, preferring to simply stand off to the side. He also saw Slowking, who he knew was the Guildmaster. Though, even in spite of what he had heard about the Pokemon, he was still somewhat skeptical. A group was only as strong as their leader, and he always distrusted the notion of learning from the words of others alone. Once he saw just how capable this person was, then he could make judgement on that matter.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Mimi saw two new Pokemon walk in. She saw the Frillish, and walked over to him.

"Hi!" Mimi spoke cheerfully, "I'm Mimi. What's your name?"

Eliot nervously walked in and gasped at the sight of the multitude of Pokemon gathered around the Slowking. He gulped and tried to stay as far away from the Pokemon as possible.

Blog Entries

Lucifer moved back slightly, not having seen the Skitty earlier. "Um...my n-name's...L-L-Lucifer..." He had always had a bad problem when it came to talking to other Pokemon, and this normally manifested itself in fractured dialogue and a tendency to trip over his own words. Falchion, on the other hand, was getting a bit impatient. He didn't come here for meetings and greetings. He came here to get things done. Maybe it was the fighting spirit in him or some such, but right now, he had a very strong urge to start attacking something.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"Aww, don't be scared," Mimi spoke cheerfully, "I won't bite!" Soon, a Sneasel stood beside the Slowking, and put on his reading glasses. Mimi quickly turned around and looked at the dark type Pokemon.

"Attention!" The Sneasel spoke in a nasally voice, "We're getting ready to begin with our briefing! Please give your attention to Slowking." Eliot saw the two Pokemon, and gulped nervously. Slowking smiled as he coughed a few times, signaling to stop any last minute speaking.

Blog Entries

Lucifer nodded hesitantly, before recognizing Slowking's signal and turning his attention to him. Falchion also gave a somewhat bleary gaze to the Pokemon, having very high expectations. After all, this person was going to, in his mind, represent the rest of the people who worked under him. If a leader ends up as an incompetent buffoon, then the rest of their people are doomed. Such as that Wigglytuff's guild he had heard about.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"Welcome to my guild," the Slowking began speaking, "I'm sure you all know why you're here. You want to join the guild and become a rescue squad. It will be hard work, but in the end, I'm sure you'll find it worth it."

Mimi smiled and nodded while Eliot pushed up his black, circular rimmed glasses out of nervousness.
    Last edited by Serenity; 26th March 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Lucifer calmed even further once Slowking began speaking. It also reminded him just why he was here, in order to make himself stronger, so that he could fend for himself. And also maybe so that he could save Lucy from...from...

Tears threatened to cloud his vision, but he shook them off. He couldn't start crying about that again. Not now. He would fix that problem when he could. And yet, doubt still lingered in his subconscious. What if he wasn't good enough? What if he ended up failing when it mattered the most? He didn't really know how to handle himself in a fight, his only experience being with other Pokemon that had forced the fight onto him, and even then, he was always beaten. Quite badly. Matter of fact, now that he looked at it, he didn't see any qualities in himself that would help out the Guild. He hoped that he could fix that, but he still doubted himself.

Falchion, on the other hand, simply continued his bleary gaze at the Slowking. He was here for himself and his people, not to help others with their trivial matters. Rescue squad? Why should he rescue anyone when it was solely their fault for getting themselves stuck in the first place? He was here for his own training, to further his own abilities. Anything else, he considered a waste of his time.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"Well, now, why don't we begin sorting you into teams of two?" Slowking suggested with a smile. Eliot didn't seem as nervous when Slowking smiled.

"Maybe he isn't so bad after all," Eliot tried to reassure himself. Mimi just meowed and began wagging her tail with anticipation.

Blog Entries

Falchion gave a surprised blink. Then another one. Teams? That was not what he had signed up for. They honestly expected him to put his life into the hands of someone he didn't even know, and most likely didn't want to know? This was getting more and more unpleasant as it went on, but he still had to put up with it nonetheless. After all, he was sent here with a mission, and if he were to fail that mission, he wouldn't be able to handle the shame.

Lucifer was both excited, yet somewhat scared at the thought of teaming up with someone else. On the one hand, having someone else that he could depend on in a crisis was nice, but on the other hand, he might be assigned with someone who could take advantage of his...less than courageous attributes, or worse, leave him in some dark, musty cavern to defend himself against Arceus knows what.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"Now, let us begin," Slowking smiled as he began assorting many Pokemon into groups of two. Eliot pushed up his glasses nervously. What if he was put with someone who didn't like him? What if they broke his glasses? He began tearing up out of fear as he looked down at the ground. Mimi, however, was very optimistic and ecstatic. She would make a new friend, and they would go on many adventures and make many more new friends.

"Mimi the Skitty!" Sneasel spoke up, "You will be partnered up with...Falchion the Pawniard." Mimi wagged her tail happily and looked around for her partner.

"Falchion!" she cheered enthusiastically as she tried to spot the Pawniard.

Blog Entries

Falchion, however, was absolutely appalled, finding himself unable to move in shock, even as Mimi was rapidly approaching. Not only would he have to put up with a partner in the first place, but having this...thing following him around everywhere would surely give him no shortage of headaches. Lucifer, on the other hand, was somewhat relieved by the fact that he wouldn't have to be paired up with the Pawniard. He didn't look or act like the most friendly of Pokemon, so that was another worry he could dismiss, thankfully.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"Oh Falchion!~" Mimi meowed as she saw the Pawniard. She pranced over to him and jumped up and down. "Hi! Hi! I'm Mimi!"

Eliot was relieved that the hyperactive Skitty wasn't joining him. However, he was even more afraid that a mean Pokemon would be partnered up with him. He was hopeful that Slowking knew what he was doing. He looked around at the Pokemon that have yet to be picked, and prayed that they were nice.

"Lucifer the Frillish," Sneasel spoke, "You will be paired with Eliot the Sandshrew." Eliot's heart dropped. With a name like Lucifer, they would have to be cruel and mean...right? He whimpered more as he wiped the tears from his eyes and pushed up his glasses once more. He proceeded to nervously walk around and look for the Frillish. Once he found him, he nervously stood beside him and gave a nervous wave.

"H-hello," Eliot spoke, "I'm E-Eliot. Nice to m-m-meet you."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast