Operation: Golden Serpent (JS and Esrver) - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation: Golden Serpent (JS and Esrver)

Default Re: Operation: Golden Serpent (JS and Esrver)

"Sergeant, ma'am," Jordan said, trying to catch Eunice before she passed him. "What's the directive for my squad right now, or the entire platoon for that matter," he asked, taking the moment to try and do something about the round he left in the chamber of his SCAR. He quickly stopped himself and instead started removing his vertical grip since it would be a lot more acceptable than showing an officer that he forgot to ensure his weapon was safe before leaving a firing range.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

''Make sure that those OpFor idiots don't steal anything or blow it up.'' Eunice quickly replied before going on. She quickly changed into her uniform and got her SCAR-L from her locker. Knowing herself, she didn't load it yet.
    Everything is possible in the game of life.

Knowing it would look best if he was ready as quickly as possible, Jordan only took care with attaching his Mk 13 grenade launcher, and carried the rest of his things through the halls as he made his way to whichever room was being used the most. With his weapons slung or holstered, Jordan was able to focus on putting on his gloves and balaclava. Once he was in the room he was trying to reach, he stood against the wall while he finished with his gear and waited for any further orders, holding his reoutfitted and reloaded SCAR so that the white paint reading "Earnhardt" behind the charging handle was readable, though the text needed to be small to fit in the space.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

''Alright. Silence, everyone.'' A feminine voice suddenly said. Being one of the few women in Shadow Company, most of the soldiers immediately recognized Eunice's voice. ''As some of you might already know, Gold Eagle... Our commander... Is dead. He was found dead near the waterfall with a knife in his left eye.'' Eunice's facial expression could tell the soldiers that she was disgusted by this. ''He's been killed by those two Brits who blowed up the northern cave the other day. I've already ordered the helicopters to start searching for them- Wait a second.'' She was interrupted by a soldier who was manning the radio. ''You sure this isn't some kind of joke?'' She whispered to the soldier upon hearing what he said. The soldier assured Eunice that he was serious. ''... Alright, then. Tell them to keep following the helicopter.'' She continued. ''... Anyway, what I wanted to say whas that the chopper crews didn't find them yet, but I just received word that one of the helicopters located them. They're flying off the the north somewhat. There are lots of OpFor idiots there. Being the cautious pussies they are, those two Brits will probably change direction. THeir best option is to go west. I want a team here'' She said while pointing at a location on a map which was attached to the wall ''To ambush them and blow them out of the sky. Any volunteers?'' She said before putting her own hand in the air, indicating that she was going with whoever volunteered.

Just as he always was, Jordan was quick to volunteer for optional assignments, especially if he would be after those responsible for killing General Shepherd. Jordan transferred the weight of his SCAR to his right hand so he could raise his left, even before noticing that Eunice had also volunteered as well.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

Some other soldiers volunteered too. ''... Nobody else? Alright, then. You all have 15 minutes to get ready. You're all dismissed.'' Eunice said before leaving the room to get a helicopter pilot who could transport the squad.

"Fifteen minutes," Jordan asked himself with disappointment. He didn't object because it was too short, but because he had already rushed to prepare himself before even gathering in the room. Jordan sat against the wall of the cave and started to disassemble his SCAR. While it wasn't particularly useful, it made it look like he was doing something, and it gave him something to kill time until everyone else was ready.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

Eunice entered the room again after a short period of time. ''Hey, you there. Haven't I seen you before?'' She said to Jordan. ''... Oh yeah, the guy from the shooting range. Why're you disassembling your rifle? Is it broken or something?'' She asked, a lot calmer than before. ''Oh... That's a Mark 17, isn't it?''

"I'm sure it isn't broken, but it's always helpful to be sure of it," Jordan answered Eunice, sounding like he was being more productive than he actually was. "And yeah, this'd be Mark 17, but you can call it 'Earnhardt' if you aren't a fan of numbers." Jordan held up the receiver part on the left side so that the paint was slightly larger and easier to read. "This is just about the best gun I've ever had, I tell you what."

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

''I've never seen someone naming his rifle.'' Eunice said. ''I'm more fond of my M9, although I own your rifle's little brother too.'' She said, showing her own Mk. 16. ''It's a great rifle, although it tends to miss at medium-to-long ranges. Not that my M9 is better in those situations, but I just like one-handed weapons more.'' She continued. One of the volunteers walked over to the two. ''We're ready, ma'am.'' He said.

"'Course I don't like using any nine-millimeters," Jordan said as he started putting the parts of his rifle back into place. "The US doesn't speak metric," he continued with a smirk on his face. "Rather than use an M9, I've got a 1911, and instead of an MP5, an MP7." By the time one of the SC soldiers approached to say he was ready, Jordan was already done putting his SCAR back together. "Ready to go, ma'am."

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

''Alright. Let's move!'' Eunice said before running off.
    -Back outside-
    Eunice entered the Blackhawk helicopter.. ''Alright, you know what to do, right?'' She asked the pilot. The pilot nodded. ''Is everyone here?'' She asked, turning to the soldiers. All of the soldiers nodded. ''Alright, we're good to go. Pilot, take her up!'' The helicopter took off. Eunice in turn manned one of the side-mounted miniguns and watched for any SAM sites.
    OOC: Jordan's already on the helicopter. I wanted to skip the boarding part 'cause I'm itching for some action. :P

"How much OpFor resistance are we looking at at our location, ma'am," Jordan yelled over the Blackhawk engine, looking down to see if she was aiming at any immediate threat.

[OOC]: That's cool, it makes sense.

Blog Entries
    Follow Vaexa On Twitter

''I don't know, we might not even encounter resistance at all.'' Eunice replied. Suddenly, an RPG missile almost hit the chopper. ''Scratch that.'' She muttered. ''Alright people, this is going to be a bumpy ride. Brace yourself. Pilot, lower your altitude. Try not to crash.'' She said.

OOC: Sorry, not much I could do until the chopper's back on the ground.

Jordan reached up with his left hand and pulled back the charging handle on his SCAR, preparing to open fire if the chopper slowed enough for him to do so. Still assuming that he may fall out if the chopper is hit, he reaches to the side with his right hand and firmly holds onto whatever's closest to him. "Looks like we're ridin' on clouds'a fire."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast