Sorry Heroic Sociopath and smaug85.
Alright @Flaze;, let's do this.
(魔界の騎士, lit. "Knight of Demon World")
Demons. Monsters. Beasts.
Malevolent creatures that lurked in the annals of mythology all over the world, no matter which corner mythology can be: from the famed mythology of the Greeks and Romans, to the oddities of the Japanese, to even the downright dangerous Fair Folk of European lore.
And they lurk right underneath our noses. They have just gotten very good at the masquerade.
These monsters, now united under the term-banner of “daemonkind”, have lived with humans their entire lives, disguising themselves with everything in their arsenal to hid from paranoid humans, who will no doubt try to rid of the world of what they perceive as “monsters”.
However, they are not always racist bigots who think that anything non-human in origin is out to kill them.
On December 12th, 2012, in some DNA labs in the First Circle of the Inferno, treachery struck. A mad devil by the name of Atticus Strider snapped and killed many of the researchers, stealing many DNA samples in a bid to rule the world by creating abominations created by magic and science.
However, there was one survivor from the tragedy: Chief of Staff Shiantra, a Dark Elf, who managed to collect a small amount of DNA samples before Atticus could steal them, and fled the Inferno on her Chimera ally.
Now the only thing that can stop this mad demon’s bid for world conquest is a group of girls that can bond with demon DNA. They will be known as hanyous… otherwise known to the world as, due to circumstances, magical girls!
Standard rules of the forum blah blah blah
You choose what your demon DNA is.
- Age: (Has to be from 12-17)
- Demon DNA Holder of: the [Insert Demon Race here] Race
- Type of Hanyo: See list below
Type of Hanyous:
- Knights: Close combat specialists. They love going into the fray and wreak stuff up with anything they can get their hands on. Usually are subpar at long range.
- Archers: Long range combatants. They prefer to fight from afar, picking off enemy forces without having to get close. Usually are subpar at up-close fighting.
- Rangers: Mid-range combatants. They are a mix between Lancers and Archers, but they cannot excel in those combat range areas as well as the aforementioned types. What they excel in, however, is hunting and survival in the wilderness.
- Trappers: Close-to-mid-range combatants. Like their names suggest, they use traps and ploys to keep their target either mobile or in place. In a straight-up fight, they are rather subpar, but they are more noted for their intelligence and the ability to plan.
- Medics: Exactly what the name suggests. Will fight only when forced into it, but they should still not be underestimated. With a mighty knowledge of anatomy, these types love to hit spots where it is less guarded, especially when armed with scalpels. They can either incapacitate with well-placed tendon cutting, paralysis by hitting nerve bundles, or making targets bleed out by cutting vital veins.
- Lancers: The supporters. They basically help out everyone else to ensure successful missions. From pulling back Knights with a particular savage mindset to helping Medics with their medical rounds. They are not strong, but neither are they weak. What they are is very well-balanced.
The planet Earth. On this paradise planet, there exists many species, both plain and mysterious. Earth is also an oddball of a place, as it is the only planet known thus far that has parallel dimensions. Within these dimensions, however, lurk creatures that the race known as humanity believed to be just stories of the far past.
In the dimension known as the Inferno, in the land known as the First Circle, Limbo....
Limbo. A world where the souls of the damned are sent for judgment by the Judge of the Dead. Within this dimension is a sprawling city that looked like a mixture of city slums and the more densely populated areas of a city. The denizens here, however, are not humans. They are daemonkind, a supergroup consisting of every mythological monster that was created under the sun.
And within Limbo was a building called "Founder's Keep". Despite it's rather ragged and homely state of being, its what's inside that counts.
Within the walls of the Founder's Keep is a laboratory dedicated to the study of daemonkind's vast amounts of DNA and the studies of the various genomes within each strand of DNA.
Suddenly, an explosion rang out, startling many of the workers inside.
A dark laughter rang out as someone walked out of the explosion, sporting a sullied and blood-splattered lab coat as he looked at his horrified colleges. "Atticus, why?" One scientist, a female dark skinned elf-like entity asked, when she saw the smoke clear to reveal slain scientists.
"I have grown bored of this existence. This existence of living in fear of humanity and the Paradiso's laws. Why should bow our heads to those feathered bastards up on high? I think it's time we begin our own reign. Join me, everyone, and I will grant you places in my new world order." Atticus spoke, holding out his hands.
"Madness. You only speak madness! We will never bow to your side!" A male scientist yelled, grabbing a metal shaft and charged at Atticus, the shaft merging with his right arm and threw a metallic haymaker. Atticus grabbed the arm, twisted it, then threw him down. "Hand me the DNA Samples. No one will be seriously harmed." The daemon spoke, creating a sword out of demonic energy. The scientists responded by activating their powers. "A pity." Atticus said, then charged forward and slashed.
The elf ran backwards, ignoring the sounds of battle, of death, and of valor behind her. She pried open a vault filled with vials and began taking vials, but a hiss stopped her. She turned around to see demons known as imps behind her, armed with tridents. "You got to be kidding me." She sighed out, then jumped at the imps and began attacking them. As she did, fire started to consume the Founder's Keep...
Nine years later....
It was the year 2021, many years after the 12/21/12 scares. However, the world has not a single clue as to what the future has in store for it...
((Rushed, I know... It was at least a good attempt for me to give the backstory for this RP. Now we can start.))