Lessons (Eira and Scholar)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lessons (Eira and Scholar)

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Default Lessons (Eira and Scholar)

It was a rainy afternoon at the university, and Abby was sitting in the cafe. She had a cup of French Vanilla cappuccino in a medium sized cup, and took a sip of it. She had mid-back length auburn hair, blue eyes, fair skin, and freckles. She was wearing a periwinkle t-shirt, dark denim skinny jeans, and tennis shoes. She had her pink jacket, with her hood over her head. She had to walk across campus to the library and study for her classes. In her grey backpack, she had her laptop, notebook and writing utensils.

"Today is not my day," she grumbled as she walked out the door before sprinting to the library. Her friend Jessica had suggested getting a tutor since she wasn't doing so well in her classes. Today was her first day with the new tutor. She hoped that it would go as smoothly as possible, especially since her day has been all but smooth so far.

@Scholar;

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Lessons (Eira and Scholar)

Scholar watched as the rain hit the ground. This library was small compared to the one he worked in. There was no room to it. Plus it was full of college students, not the intellects that he normally dealt with. Restless waiting for the girl he was to tutor, he paced around, his black knee high boots clicking against the linoleum. His black pants made a shuffling sound as they rubbed against the inside of his boots, and his white long sleeved shirt, was soundless despite being baggy in a way. As he looked out the window again, he could see his reflection of his golden eyes and tan hair that was long, but pulled into a tail after his neck.

As the door to the library opened, he swiveled his head towards the sound to see who was entering. Not that it matter. All he knew was that he was tutoring a girl. That's it, nothing else.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Once Abby got into the library, she removed the hood off of her jacket. She saw a man standing there. Upon first glance, he seemed to be waiting for someone. Nervously, Abby walked up to the man.

"Do you know where I can find a tutor named Scholar?" she asked, "I came here to get some help with my classes."

Blog Entries

"Finally. Which do you need help with first. History or calculus? I would like to get this done as soon as possible," he told her sitting down at a table that had books and papers on it. He gestured to the seat next to him, though he honestly wished that she would be sitting across from him, he knew she had to be next to him for the tutoring.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"Calculus," Abby replied as she took a seat next to her tutor, "Also, if you don't like tutoring here, we can go somewhere else like the coffee shop I work at where it's more quiet. I can go pretty much anywhere. You just seem really uncomfortable here." she took her notebook and mechanical pencil out from her backpack and got ready to learn.

Blog Entries

"It's not the place. I just have no desire to be tutoring, but it is part of my job so I will do it. Now what part of calculus do you need help with? And if you say all of it then I am walking out of here right now and never coming back," he said sternly. He had too many say that and it just annoyed him because he was there to tutor not teach.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"It's actually this lesson in particular," Abby said nervously as she turned to a chapter in her book, "I keep going through the instructions on how to get the answers yet everything I'm getting for answers is wrong. I'm not sure where I'm messing up at."

Blog Entries

Scholar scanned over the chapter, the content simple to him, child's play. "Well do a problem for me and then I will be able to see where you are going wrong," he instructed, glancing out the window where it was still raining. He hoped that it stopped by the time he finished with this.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Abby did as she was told. She wrote out the problem and began to work it out. When she finished, her lips curved into a frown.

"It doesn't look right," she commented.

Blog Entries

Scholar watched as Abby worked, identifying the problem easily. "That's because you're doing it wrong," he told her. "Here is what you do." He then showed her how the problem should be worked. "Understand? Now you try it how I showed you. And when you get the hang of it I'll show you some quicker methods."

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"Okay," Abby replied nervously as she tried working out the problem again. This time, trying to do it as Scholar had shown her.

Blog Entries

"You're doing it wrong again. Here," he stopped her again working through the steps and showing her more carefully what she was doing wrong. This went on for a bit, and strangely enough he was enjoying himself. He could tell the girl was trying hard and he found that to be a wonderful trait.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"So, I think I got it this time..." Abby said as she tried once more, and it seemed to match up with what her tutor had showed her. She had a sparkle in her eye as she saw that she really could do this after all. She felt like she could do this, and maybe even pass.

Blog Entries

"There you go," he smiled. Once they had done a decent amount of calculus, Scholar looked out the window to see that not only had the rain stopped, but it had gotten late. "It seems we will have to pick this up another day. How about we go have some dinner. I'll treat," he told her, standing up and gathering his things.

Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"You sure? Thank you." Abby replied, "Though I feel like I look like a frizzball because of my hair and this humidity. May I take my backpack back to my dorm? I promise I'll be right back." she chuckled as she put her notebook in the backpack, and got her stuff ready to take to her dorm. She definitely had to tell Jessica about this. That her attractive tutor had just offered her dinner. Even if it was merely professional and innocent.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast