Island Life *That Guy & xelda57* - Page 60

Page 60 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Island Life *That Guy & xelda57*

Blog Entries
    Follow That Guy On Twitter Add That Guy on Facebook Add That Guy on Google+
    Visit That Guy's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Island Life *Alex64, That Guy & xelda57*

"Some time recently, a shipment of red-and-white spheres washed up on the west coast of this island, and they seem compatible with some of the machinery in this hospital. According to some, those spheres are used to contain pokémon for indefinite periods of time, and if used in conjunction with the right machines, pokémon can be fully healed, or put into 'storage'. However, there seems to be some kind of ritual associated with being put into such a sphere. Your third option is to allow yourself to be 'caught' in one, then healed by machine."
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

I run the Yourovision Song Contest. Join us!
    Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

Overthinking Everything xelda57's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+
    Follow xelda57 on Tumblr Visit xelda57's Youtube Channel

"Hmm... And what happens after I'm in it, and I'm healed? Do I just... come out again, and that's that? Or is there something else? A catch?"

Katrina seemed to figure out that she could breath and still not talk, so to Jenny's relief, she began breathing again.
    Links to stuff.
    I also might start a webcomic soon, but that'll be linked to when it happens.

Blog Entries

"Well, we don't fully understand how these spheres- these pokémon-balls, if you will- work. As we understand it currently, once you've been in one, you're, to a point, attached to it, in that you can't be caught by another, but you can be called back into the sphere at any time by anyone wielding your sphere. There may be some kind of 'release' mechanism for it, but if there is, it has eluded us so far."
    Yeah, I write weirdly dark stuff sometimes. Birdsong, I Can't See The Light and The Courteous Soldier, if you're interested.

Alternatively, partake of my vlogs, Eurovision reviews and LPs on my second YouTube channel.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

I wonder why anyone would create such a thing. Unless it was an error in the productivity, why would the pokemon be kept attached to the ball after healing? Max wondered. "So, I would keep the thing with me afterward, correct? Do any other villages have knowledge of these or the machines that connect to them, that you know of?"
    Links to stuff.

Blog Entries

"I don't know. It's an experimental science, so it's not top-secret. You could say it's known only to those who know about it. I think the two guys who run the guest-house in town know about the spheres, though."

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

The two guys? I know 'guy' can sometimes refer to a female, but... Ah, it doesn't matter, everyone has a right to their sexuality, Max thought before going back to the consideration of the 'pokemon-ball.' It'll serve as a weakness for... forever, if I don't figure out how to deactivate it. Then again, how could it be used against me? To seal me away forever? That thought worried him a little. He took a deep breath and looked at the doctor. "Okay," he said. "Let's do it."
    Last edited by xelda57; 7th November 2012 at 09:04 PM.
    Links to stuff.

Blog Entries

"Are you sure? Well, okay. As we understand it so far, how it works is this: someone throws the sphere at you, causing its target to be absorbed inside it, being turned into energy. Then it'll perform some kind of sealing process, causing it to shake about three times, but if you resist enough, you can break out before it completes the process, which breaks the sphere permanently. If it completes the sealing process, then that's it; the deal's done, and you can't come back out until someone lets you out. So you're definitely okay with this?"

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Max bit his lip. "Yes, I'm sure." Before I change my mind. He convinced himself that this was a good thing to do, telling himself, My rib will be fixed instantly. And I'm helping with their research...
    Last edited by xelda57; 8th November 2012 at 07:00 AM.
    Links to stuff.

Blog Entries

"Alright. If you're definitely sure, and if you're ready..." The Blaziken went into another room to retrieve one of the spheres, then returned, and, as explained, threw it at Max.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Max was surprised at the sudden throw; he had somehow expected more of a warning. He almost dodged instinctively, but he forced himself to stay in place and let the projectile hit him. The sphere opened up and encapsulated him in a second. Once inside, he no longer had any of his senses; he could only think. What did I just do?!
    The ball quickly rocked back and forth three times and gave a small click.
    Links to stuff.

Blog Entries

True to his word, the Blaziken swiftly retrieved the sphere, and took it to another room several minutes away, then set it into a machine, and activated it.

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Max couldn't feel the pain in his rib -he couldn't feel his rib at all, for that matter- yet he knew it was being healed. It was rather relaxing.

Katrina gave up. "This game is so looong! And they're taking forever in there! When will they be done?!"
    Links to stuff.

Blog Entries

Presently, the machine finished whatever it was doing, and the Blaziken removed Max's sphere from it, then opened it to let him back out.
    "How was it?"

Blog Entries
    Add xelda57 on Google+

Max staggered a little but quickly caught his balance. "It was... strange," he said. "I couldn't feel anything at all. But I could tell that I was being healed, and... I am," he added, experimentally bending to one side a little.
    Links to stuff.

Blog Entries

"That's good, then." He gave him his sphere. "You should keep hold of this for now. We'll be doing all we can to learn more about these spheres, and we'll try to get word out if we figure out how to deactivate them safely."