Hello Cold World (Octy & Jester) - Page 17
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello Cold World (Octy & Jester)

My life is forbidden Serenity's Avatar Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook
    Follow Serenity on Tumblr Visit Serenity's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Hello Cold World (Octy & Jester)

"Fine," Luna spoke with a pout, "But you're going first, okay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"Alright, whatever," Rex melodramatically sighed before standing up on his feet. "But you've gotta be my cheerleader, since I'm going first," Rex playfully smiled.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"Okay," Luna agreed rather quickly. As long as she didn't go first, she didn't care to be a cheerleader.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"Alright, let's go then," Rex nodded his head before exiting the pokecenter and making his way to the gym.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

Luna giggled to herself before standing up and following Rex to the Violet City Gym.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Rex flew open the doors to the gym, looking around for the leader. Rex tossed Dynamo's pokeball to the ground, prepared to battle.

"Hey!" Rex shouted into the empty gym. "We're here to challenge your gym!" Rex shouted.

"Up here," Gym Leader Falkner replied coolly from the ceiling. He was floating on his Pidgeotto above the battle field, staring at Rex with an annoyed expression.

"Oh..." Rex said. "Well, we're here to challenge your gym!" Rex said.

"You already said that, boy," Falkner replied with an annoyed sigh. "Fine," Falkner said before making his descent to the ground. "So which one of you will I be challenging first?" Falkner asked, looking at the two challengers.

"Me," Rex said in a determined tone.

"Fantastic," Falkner said sarcastically. "Well, let's get this over with," Falkner said. "Return, Pidgeotto, and go, Pidgey!" Falkner ordered to his pokemon. Moments later, Falkner's Pidgey was in the field, chirping wildly at Rex and Dynamo.

"May the battle begin," Falkner said lazily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"Yay Rex!" Luna cheered as she took her place in the sidelines.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"Thanks, cheerleader!" Rex grinned and gave her a thumbs up. "All right, time to get serious. Dynamo, go in for a Thunderpunch!" Rex shouted to his pokemon.

Dynamo cried in agreement and charged at the Pidgey. However, before the punch could strike, the Pidgey flew up into the air. Dynamo looked up at the bird and tried jumping up to grab it, but to no avail.

"You're too predictable," Falkner sighed. "Pidgey, just stay up there. Wait for him to figure it out," Falkner sighed again.

"I am not too predictable!" Rex fumed. "And I've already solved it, thank you very much. Dynamo, use Magnet Rise, then hit the Pidgey with another Thunderpunch!" Rex ordered to his pokemon.

Having used the strategy previously to catch Ace, Dynamo knew exactly what to do. Before the Pidgey could react, Dynamo hit it with an uppercut to the chest, sending it soaring through the air. After it smacked the ceiling, the Pidgey fell to the ground, almost unconscious.

"Finish it off!" Rex ordered. Dynamo, who was still floating several feet into the air, then dropped onto the Pidgey, removing Magnet Rise's effects at will. The Pidgey was knocked out completely.

"Now that's what I call being upredictable!" Rex cheered to Dynamo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"Man, he's going to make quick work of the leader's team..." Luna whispered before resuming her cheering.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"On the contrary, punk," Falkner replied in an annoyed tone. "Now I know your strategy. How do you think you'll be able to take down my Pidgeotto now?" Falkner asked with a smirk. "Go, Pidgeotto," said Falkner as he tossed the pokemon's pokeball into the air. Moments later, the chirping bird began circling Dynamo.

"Don't worry, we'll figure out a way," Rex replied. "Alright Dynamo, use Magnet Rise again!," Rex said. Dynamo obliged and was floating again once more.

"It's not gonna work," Falkner sighed. "Pidgeotto, use Whirlwind," Falkner ordered. The Pidgeotto chirped in compliance, and, using its rapidly flapping wings, the Pidgeotto fired a mini twister.

"Oh no..." Rex said to himself. "Quick, try and get out of its way!" Rex shouted to his Elekid. Dynamo nodded and fired away from the twister like a torpedo. However, the increasing pull of the whirlwind sucked Dynamo back in. Much to Rex's surprise, Dynamo's pokeball was sucked off of his belt. Once it reached the tornado, Dynamo was instantly sucked back in to his pokeball.

"What just happened?" Rex asked as the pokeball was returned to its original spot. However, once he looked down, Rex noticed that one of his pokeballs was missing from its normal place on his belt.

"Huh?" he asked as a small squeaking noise was made from the battlefield. He looked up and spotted the Ledyba that he had captured in the morning. Not only this, but he noticed the Pidgeotto circling directly ahead, preparing an deadly Fly attack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"Oh crap," Luna gasped, "That poor Ledyba...she's gonna get destroyed!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"My Ledyba?... Oh crap!" Rex exclaimed as he realized what had happened. The Whirlwind move must have switched out his two pokemon. And now that the Pidgeotto had finished preparing for its Fly attack, Ledyba couldn't stand a chance.

Falkner smirked once he saw the Ledyba. "Priceless," he scoffed as the Ledyba wandered around aimlessly. "Pidgeotto, you know what to do," Falkner said. The Pidgeotto nodded and shot through the air, aimed directly at the Ledyba.

"C'mon, do something!" Rex shouted to his pokemon. Despite this, the Ledyba remained just as dazed and out of it as before. The Pidgeotto did as it was told and reached the Ledyba. However, moments before the impact of the bird, the Ledyba looked up. Startled by the bird, the Ledyba let out a supersonic shriek, which discombobulated the bird. The bird quickly pulled away from the Ledyba and slammed into the nearby wall.

"Woah... Nice one!" Rex said in a surprised tone. He hadn't expected the Ledyba to react so quickly in that situation, especially since it had been dozed off moments before. "Well, uh, try doing it again!" Rex ordered.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"What?" Luna whispered to herself, "There might be some hope in this situation after all...."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

"Get up, Pidgeotto!" Falkner shouted to his pokemon. However, combining the Supersonic attack and the hit against the wall, the Pidgeotto couldn't stand up off of its rump. Falkner sighed in exasperation as he watched his pokemon struggle.

"Okay, now it's time to do some damage!" Rex ordered to his pokemon. Rex hadn't gotten the chance to scan his pokemon yet, so he was hoping to himself that she could actually do damage.

Now that she had been upset by the bird, the Ledyba wasn't going to hold back. She flew over to the bird with all 6 of her hands glowing like a star. In very rapid succession, the Ledyba punched the bird with its cosmic hands. The Pidgeotto made a loud squawking noise as the fists pounded against its body. The Ledyba made a harrumph noise before fluttering back over to its original spot.

"Great job!" Rex cheered to his Ledyba, who made a happy grin. "Alright, try doing that again!" Rex said. Ledyba nodded and started charging up again, as she did just a few moments before.

Silently, Falkner made a signal to his Pidgeotto. The Pidgeotto saw him and made a smug grin before pretending to still be confused. The Ledyba flew up to the Pidgeotto and twisted her arms to charge up her punch. However, before any punches could connect, the Pidgeotto sliced its wing through the air and into the Ledyba, using an Aerial Ace. The uppercut sent the Ledyba flying through the air before landing roughly on the ground, knocked out.

"Crap!" Rex exclaimed. He pulled out the Ledyba's pokeball from his belt and tossed it into the air, recalling the passed out Ledyba. Falkner grinned smugly as he watched the whole thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Serenity on Facebook

"Damn..." Luna frowned as she saw what had occurred.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast